For Real?

The Heir's Love Story

If everybody thinks that the for real marriage life of the heir and the milady were like of the fairy tales, then think again. Aside from being lame, they may be considered as the queerest couple in the planet. These two doesn't seem to know the ways of love.

It has been three days since the incident happened; everything seems to go back in their usual state, well except for a few changes that their partners were obviously avoiding them. Yi Xing, being the gentle person he is who said that the stolen kiss was just 'accidental' and due to his admiration to the milady was assigned by their instructress to Bacteriology section, which is just a door away from the Body Fluids laboratory where he and Joo Hyun were originally assigned together, while Krystal who was still assigned with Jong-In still stays with the him in the Blood Bank room, but was intentionally distancing herself towards her best friend whenever he approaches her.

Talking about the real husband and wife, these two are really unbelievable. Jong-In reflected upon his harsh attitude during that day, and find that his confession was just too embarrassing, he could not really face his wife normally and their awkward state became even more awkward now that things between them are for real. While Seohyun always panic whenever her husband was around her, so she mostly spends her free time in the evening with the new poodle the heir bought for her named Monggu.

 

They just finished eating dinner and the husband and wife simply wanted to take a rest for being tired of their ten hours internship schedule. They were still in the dining hall of the mansion when the puppy poodle went to Joo Hyun's lap and laid itself on it.

"Cute." she was amorously brushing its curly fur and the puppy seems liking it very much.

Chanyeol, Tiffany, and Kris started giggling upon seeing Jong-In's extremely envious expression as he silently watched Seohyun's moment with their new puppy.

"Jong-In, I wish you're just a puppy." Chanyeol remarked as he went laughing hard.

"Neh Kai-ah...I wonder if you're a puppy maybe Milady Kim would also be sweet towards you." Tiffany whispered into the heir's ear and laughed hard together with the animated gentleman who was sitting next to her on the opposite direction of the heir.

He instantly furrowed his eyebrows and got really annoyed with the dorky remarks of the two.

"Yeah right, you even want me to become a dog now." he agreed sarcastically.

Monggu jumped off from the milady's lap and went to the heir's direction. The heir tried to be nice and understanding towards the new puppy, but to his own surprise the puppy just went to him just to bite his scrub suit pants.

"Yah Monggu what's your problem?" he tried to shoo the puppy off his pants as he jerks his leg.

"Kim Jong-In stop, you're going to hurt my baby." the milady scolded him a she stood up from her seat and got the puppy off his leg.

"See Jong-In? There's really no chance for you!" the animated gentleman again.

"Joo Hyun has her baby, and it's not you!" the fashion designer seconded.

"Great, just great." he sarcastically replied and got the puppy on his wife's hands.

"Monggu, you must be good to everybody, not just to her, okay?" he talked to the said animal like it can really understand.

"Monggu is a good puppy you know. You're the one who's not." Joo Hyun crossed her arms on her chest.

He then briefly diverted his attention to his wife, and said, "You're saying that because it is always good to you." he then diverted his gaze to the dog again. "Be good especially to me okay? I'm your master, I bought you remember?"

As if the dog understood his words completely, it started to his face including his lips.

Everybody including the milady laughed hard at him.

"Monggu took your first kiss!" his wife teasingly remarked.

"Wow huh, seems that you're too happy." he uttered flatly.

 

----------

After eating dinner Jong-In immediately went inside their room to get some early rest, while Seohyun like the usual, went to the balcony together with her Wu Fan-oppa, with their new family member Monggu.

“Monggu seems to like you more Wu Fan-oppa.” She observed that the puppy was a lot nicer to the mysterious gentleman compared to her husband.

“You’re right.” He agreed, as he played with the puppy in his hands. “Jong-In is really getting funnier and funnier these days… I wasn’t able to hold myself this dinner.”

“Be careful with that puppy.” She warned the latter. “…because you might get your first kiss from it too.”

‘First Kiss it immediately reminded him that Lay stole the Milady’s first kiss. He could not help it but to feel somewhat affected. He then asked, “Joo Hyun, did you, perhaps…have your first kiss?”

She instantaneously remembered how it was stolen, though she doesn’t knew that the mysterious gentleman’s question has a lot more meaning behind it.

“Ah, my first kiss? Recently…” She could not answer properly.

He then acted presuming that she got it from her husband, “Oh, I see, maybe that’s why you and Jong-In are acting weird lately.”

She just agreed not wanting to bring up the topic anymore.

But for some queer reasons, he also felt heavy shouldered with his student and his brother’s starting of serious relationship. They could be the most awkward whenever they are around with each other, though she remains close to him but the fact that they decided to live their marriage for real secretly caused him some impact.

“I think you should go inside now.” he reminded the latter.

“It’s still early, and we haven’t spent much time together these passed few days Wu Fan-oppa. We haven’t talked that much.” She reasoned out.

“You go now with Monggu Joo Hyun, Jong-In might be waiting for you.” He handed the puppy to her arms.

“More like you’re avoiding me Wu Fan-oppa.” She jested.

Thus, there’s a truth behind what she said.

He ruffled her hair like the usual, “Joo Hyun-ah, you know Jong-In very well, right? That kid is really a jealous person.”

“I know he is, but he cannot stop me from being close with my favorite oppa in this mansion.” She smiled innocently. It’s undeniable that they’ve really gotten so close to each other.

“You go now okay. You should be resting by now, I already reminded you that if you cannot manage to sleep ten hours a day at least should sleep for eight straight hours – “

She immediately abridged, “…and drink a lot of water before going to sleep. Okay Mysterious Gentleman. Good night.”

“Good night.” He sighed as the milady slowly faded from his sight.

 

----------

The heir could not fall into slumber waiting for his wife to arrive inside their room as if they’re really sleeping together in the same bed. Unfortunately they’re still not. He still sleeps in the living room area’s sofa bed with his wife’s life-size Keroro stuffed animal. And like a retard he was talking to it, “Keroro, you know how much I love to sleep now but that Joo Hyun’s still not around!”

He dubbed the sergeant frog as if it was really talking to him, “Joo Hyun will be around soon, but she loves Monggu than you.”

“Yeah, you’re right Kero…she only cares about Monggu right now.” he answered in a problematic tone that as if he was really talking to the stuffed frog.

 

“Monggu, we should be sleeping now…but you have to drink your milk first.” Joo Hyun spoke to the puppy as she entered their room.

“Milady Kim is here we should sleep or else she’s gonna scold us.” he childishly talked to the stuffed animal again, and pretended to sleep.

Unfortunately Seohyun caught him, “I know you’re still awake Jong-In, didn’t I told you to sleep early? Your shift’s early for tomorrow.”

“So I’m not allowed to sleep late? And you can sleep anytime you want?” he started arguing.

“I’m not; it’s just that your shift’s three hours earlier than mine.” She coolly answered, and shifted her attention to her new baby, “Baby Monggu, mommy Joo Hyun’s going to prepare your milk, so you better drink it all okay?”

“Wow huh? And now you’re Mommy Joo Hyun.” He sarcastically remarked.

“You better go to sleep.” She briefly reminded him.

“Kero – let’s sleep. See how she doesn’t really care about her husband?” He draped inside his comforter and hugged the stuffed animal tightly.

She sighed seeing how childish her husband is becoming each day, “You’re becoming helpless Jong-In.”

Though she was extremely awkward being around with him that she was intentionally avoiding him for the past few days, she gathered all her guts and chose to approach him first this time.

“Jong-In it seems that you’re seriously becoming jealous of Monggu you know.” She giggled tucking her beloved frog in the comforter.

“And you even care more for Keroro than Me.” He protested, cooing his head out under the blanket.

“You’re only thinking of that.” She pecked his forehead, “You sleep now.”

‘Wait, did she just? his mind lagged processing the latter’s lovingly act.

 

----------

Since his hospital shift was three hours earlier than his wife, Jong-In went to hospital alone. He was quite earlier than his partner, since Krystal was used to going shifts at their exact call time.

He noticed how his partner tries to avoid him as much as possible so he plotted to surprise her. 'Even Soo Jung has forgotten me. Goodness, she's no different from Joo Hyun...everyone is avoiding me, what's wrong with me now? I think I should scare that Ice Krystal, anyway five in the morning is still scary I still have twenty more minutes to prepare.'

He then broke some used test tubes, and negative blood specimens that were no longer used and scattered it on his working place as he laid himself on it and pretended to be dead.

'I'm sure that Soo Jung's gonna freak with this.'

 

Few minutes later the heiress arrived, the door of the Blood Bank section was slightly open, the atmosphere was really quiet, there were no sounds of self-talking Jong-In who usually reads medical books aloud for his past time. And just when she put her backpack on the metal sink where they usually put their things, she saw the body of the heir lying on broken test tubes and surrounded by scattered blood, seemingly lifeless.

Fear immediately got into her system as she froze from where she was standing,

"Jong-" she muttered as she took a step forward, hesitating if she would take a look at him or run away from the scene. But then, she took courage to check what really happened to the heir.

"Jong-In." she shook his shoulders but the latter did not respond. She then held him for support in her arm.

"Jong-In!" she called his name louder as the tension builds up inside her. "Jong-In! Hey, wake up!" she grabbed his motionless best friend and started tapping his cheeks hysterically but still no response. She then decided to call for help and screamed, "Help! Please, help!" she then turned to him again, and continued shaking his motionless body and tapping his cheeks. "Jong-In, hey don't leave me!" she was about to cry.

"Hel -" she was about to scream for help again when a hand covered .

"Boo!" the heir laughed hard with her epic scared face.

"Yah!" she deafeningly screeched as her hand automatically flew hard on the latter's face.

“Ouch!” he protested rubbing his beaten cheek. “Why did you do that for?”

“Now you still have the guts to ask? You’re really unbelievable!” she even punched the latter’s arm.

“Another ouch!” he irked in pain, “You really have a boxer genes huh?”

“Serves you right, never dare to do that again, or else – “

“Or else what?” he abridged and began teasing the latter by mimicking her words, “Jong-In, hey don’t leave me!” he laughed hard.

She stood up and retracted the hand that was supporting the heir, and purposely dropped him. “Funny.” She laughed sarcastically.

“Ow!” He irked as he fell flat on his .

“Serves you right, one more prank from you I swear I’m really not gonna talk to you for life!”

 

But this time he wasn’t really joking that he got hurt. His lower back particularly his tail bone located near his really hurt since it was the region that fell flat. “Soo Jung, I’m not kidding! My back it hurts help me sit properly.”

“Look at you, you’re really unbelievable.” She said in this disbelief.

“I really am not!!” he said half shouting as his pain got evident in his tone.

 She then immediately helped the latter to sit properly; he really knows how to make her feel all anxious. “How do you feel now?”

“I’m okay.” He responded still feeling a little pain. “Thanks. But please will you be a lot gentler to me next time?”

“How could I when you’re always fooling around?” she argued.

Then he playfully dodged her from her neck for the usual headlock, “I’m not always fooling around, I just miss my Jung Soo Jung my ever loving best friend.”

“Kim Jong-In, you stop!” she tried retracting from the latter but failed.

She’s really ever loving to him, she’s grateful that he misses her, but it’s also a fact that she’s just his best friend, and that’s the bitter part about it.

“Why so serious?” he asked as the latter managed to escape from his headlock.

“You’re too childish Jong-In!” she scolded him and left.

Unknown to the heir, he was hurting the heiress with his jokes.

 

----------

It was almost afternoon, and Seohyun needed to deliver some fungal specimens to the Bacteriology section where Yi Xing was assigned.

The uncomfortable atmosphere cannot be denied between them as she entered the room.

“Ah, Yi Xing…” she nervously called the serene gentleman’s name. “Here’s a fungal specimen, be careful culturing it since the patient is positive with severe Oral Candidiasis (mouth thrush).” She awkwardly handed the test tube with a cotton swab that contains the mouth scrapings infected by the fungal infection.

“Thanks…” he got the specimen from her hand. “…and sorry.”

She could not utter a single word for she feels extremely uneasy by merely sensing his presence around her.

“I’m really sorry Joo Hyun, that’s why I told you that I don’t want to tell this to you in the first place.” He halted the latter from going out the room.

“Uh…that was unintended right? Yi Xing…just give me some time it’s not the right moment to talk things out.” She excused herself and left the room.

‘If things wont go the way it should be with plan A. Then let me proceed with B. he thought to himself, as he thought of his another card for ruining things between the heir and the milady.

 

----------

And so another day has passed in their for real married life.

The heir was really dead tired due to the intoxicating laboratory works and for waiting for his wife end of shift for three long hours that he did not wanted to eat anymore, and so as the milady who wanted to keep her company with him.

“Feels like I’m getting sick now.” He complained as he laid himself in the sofa bed flatly.

“Krystal told me that you played with used blood specimens today, don’t complain since it’s your fault.” She scolded the latter. “You’re really getting more childish each day! Just imagine what you just did? As if you’re not going a doctor someday, you played with those?”

She was turning into a wife nagger due to her husband’s inappropriate actions.

“Fine…you don’t really care for your husband. It’s always your baby Monggu. You’re even scolding me even if I don’t feel that well.” Even if his reasoning was undeniably screwed off, his disappointment and jealousy was evident.

Sjhe then sat on the sofa and cradled his on her lap. “You’re just jealous Jong-In.”

“Fine, think of what you want to think. You just don’t know to take care of your poor husband.” He childishly bickered.

“You want it for real, and now that it’s for real you’re acting like a total joke.” She sighed. “You better sleep now, tomorrow’s another tiring day and you’re three hours earlier than I again.”

“Thanks wifey.” He uttered flatly as he playfully held her face with both of his hands.

She immediately blushed with the way he addressed her. “O-okay, you sleep now.”

 

She needed to study for their individual laboratory examination for the next day; she was the first one to undergo so she needed to stay up late. She needed to review some of their previous lessons taught during the previous semester so she tried to look for her notes. She searched in every bag she formerly used. But instead of finding her old notebook, she found the former milady’s diary inside the luggage bag she used when they went to London.

‘Screw me, how could I even forget about this?  She scolded herself for being oblivious about the diary that contains the answers to the mysteries of her husband’s past.