Battle of the Wits - Stolen

The Heir's Love Story

Tears were still streaming on her cheeks even if they have already made their way out of the hall of the big dome where the Battle of the Wits was held.

Yi Xing doesn’t really have any idea what to do for him to be able to calm down Seohyun for he knows that the poor girl really has the reason to act like such.

“You’ve seen how he has reacted, it wasn’t intentional.” He uttered, trying to calm down the latter as they walked hand-in-hand while he was looking for a suitable place to stop by.

They kept walking and walking near the area until he spotted a seemingly botanical garden which was peaceful enough for her to let her heart out. And like the very first time they met in streets of London when he asked her to wipe her sweat, he offered his hanky and said, “Wipe your tears.”

The latter accepted his handkerchief and wiped her flowing tears on her face.

“Thanks.” She was grateful, though she was still sobbing.

“It is funny how I always pull you somewhere else every time you get into a bad situation you know?” he tried his best to lighten up the mood of the latter.” But I find this one even more dangerous than the first one.”

Not getting what the latter wanted to point out, she gave him a puzzled look.

“…because that time, you were not crying.” He diverted his gaze up on the blue sky.” I hate it when I see you all gloomy, Partner.”

“And I always owe you for always making me feel safe Yi Xing.” She faintly smiled.

He stretched out his hand high and eventually looked at the later who was next to him. “It’s because I always wanted to see you smile, and you don’t owe me anything ‘cause that’s what I want you to do.”

She could not pull off a proper smile. Hence, she tried.

“Can you smile properly? You look like a smiling puppy.” He jested as he let out a bright smiling face calming the latter.

“Puppies are cute though.” She reasoned out as her sobbing was eventually put into halt.

He raised an eyebrow, and asked the latter playfully, “Then you like being called cute?” he smirked and jokingly reminded, “…cute is an adjective meant for dogs Joo Hyun, and you’re a girl. You should prefer to be called beautiful.”

“Don’t flatter me like that.” Her face suddenly showed a tinge of pink.

“Don’t tell me you don’t appreciate it, because your face shows.” He teased, successfully making the latter sincerely smile.

She couldn’t help herself but to smile at the latter. It’s quite a weird feeling, but every time he speaks to her, everything seems so light and so smooth sailing. He knows how to treat her well and he never let her feel down, not even once.

‘This guy, you never fail to be so gentle around me. Thank you for that.’ She thought.

----------

Conversely, Jong-in and Krystal just got off from stage after finishing picture takings with several people who wanted to meet and congratulate them.

The heir kept his gaze on the sea of people to wife his wife. But unfortunately he was not able to see a sight of her anymore.

“Soo Jung have you seen Joo Hyun-noona?” he asked the later without diverting his gaze from the crowd.

“I’ve seen Joo Hyun-unnie and Yi Xing-oppa got out just now, maybe they’re in a rush for duty. Why you ask?”

He turned his gaze to the heiress and said, “They were permitted to have an off like us dummy!

“Fine, I’m sorry again.” She shrugged the latter’s reaction. “…this is the second time I apologized to you today.”

“Definitely you should, that was something you almost stole if you really intended it, I was preserving that for someone.” He confessed to the heiress casually.

“Wow huh? As if you’re the only one who is going to lose everything, I haven’t experienced being kissed too, you dope!” she literally jumped to hit the latter’s head. “Don’t blame the whole thing to me; you’re the one who faced me without even telling!” She argued.

He flicked the latter’s forehead hard.

“Ouch! What was that for?” she screeched in pain.

“I told you I’ll be good on you until we win this, and we won already so I am allowing myself to fight with you again.” He laughed hard on the latter’s hurting reaction.

“Hey, Jong-In, don’t you think you should be following them right now?” she rubbed her forhead. “I think they’ve seen the accident that just happened to us now, and I am sensing that Yi Xing-oppa is hitting on Joo Hyun-unnie.”

She was right, and he was thinking of the same thing as well.

“Thanks Stal.” He literally jumped on his feet and rushed himself to chase the two.

“Jong-In wait up!” she then rushed and followed her partner out of the dome.

----------

The two kept conversing with each other, the serene gentleman really tried hard to make his partner happy and fortunately the latter enjoyed his presence eventually.

Joo Hyun was laughing her heart out with the latter’s jokes when he suddenly shifted his mood from being dorky to serious.

“Do you still remember what I told you this morning?” he asked.

“Neh, that you want some time because you’re going to tell me something?” she tilted her head and looked at the latter quizzically.

“Ahuh.” He nodded.

“Then what’s that important thing you wanted to tell me?”

He took a deep breathe and sighed before answering the latter’s inquiry, “Since you just came from crying I am hesitating to let you know this right now.” he then looked down on the ground.” …maybe next time.”

“Is it that important? Come on, you’re always cliff-hanging.” She jestingly insisted, though she was really curious too.

“If I tell it to you now, you might go away from me, Partner.” His tone became more serious.

She suddenly felt the tension building up inside the person who was standing in from of her. But she did not want o spoil the day even more, so she joked again, “Don’t tell me that you’re gay Yi Xing.” She even smiled sheepishly.

He then looked at her straight into the eyes. “I don’t know if this is the right time to tell you this but…” he took a step forward to shorten the gap between them, “….I like you Joo Hyun.”

She tried to step backward but eventually got frozen with the serene gentleman’s deep gaze. True enough, he was too bold, and his confession was too sudden.

Her mind suddenly got blank, she doesn’t really know how to respond and what to feel with the latter’s sudden confession. She cannot force him not to like her, she tried to explain that she cannot like him back, “Yi Xing, you know that I’m already marri -”

But before she could even continue her sentence his truthful words already struck her. “I know that for a fact, you’re married and that’s given. But how long are you going o stay in that marriage of yours? The fact that you’re always crying makes me feel hurt as well. You two aren’t really husband-and-wife, right? So why don’t you give me a chance to give you real love?”

He was right, they’re married but definitely they’re bonded with each other with an agreement.

“We are but – “

The latter held her hand tightly, and she definitely got bewitched by his gaze this time. “Give me a chance, open you door to somebody else. Think about it carefully.” Then he neared his face to her, “I’ll be waiting.”

----------

 

Jong-In sprinted his way almost comparable to a road-runner that the heiress even gave up chasing after him. He looked everywhere that the two could possibly be at.

He was already having a bad feeling by just merely thinking that his wife is together with another man who has interest in her. He kept searching not even bothered with his legs that could possibly collapse with his enraged speed.

Until he found two familiar figures standing close – so close to each other, his eyes instantly widened as his knees automatically felt weak.

 

“Let me be the one Joo Hyun.” Yi Xing uttered.

The latter cannot even move a muscle and remained wordless as she felt the warm breath of the serene gentleman brushed to her lips.

Yi Xing then closed his eyes and sealed the latter’s lips with his.

Her eyes widely opened in surprise, she wanted to pull back but her energy seemingly got entirely drained, ‘My first kiss.’

----------

 

 

PS. Mrs.PARKChannie, please spare me. I'm just a mere SergeantFroggy who wanted to write THLS!