Internship: Parte Uno

The Heir's Love Story

Another day has passed, and finally the most waited day of Medical Technology senior students of Dongguk University the announcement of their hospital designation for internship.

Medical Technology students gathered in a huge conference room with 150 seats - for their course it's already numerous since only few people really survives this most preferred pre-medical course.

As usual, Seohyun, Yoona, Yuri, and Sooyoung sat together at the fourth row of the left wing of the conference room. And like other senior students they were also excited and anxious for the announcement of their designations.

"Hey Yul, do you have any hints where you're going to be assigned to?" Sooyoung asked the tanned girl who was sitting beside her.

"I'm not sure but I overheard Mr. Park and Ms. Victoria talking I think most students in our section's going to be assigned in Chungnam National University Hospital, Asan Medical Center, and Jasaeng Hospital of Oriental Med in Apgujong." she put her hands together, "Well I'm rooting to be assigned in Jasaeng so it will not be far from our place and the hospital has good facilities so I won't be intoxicated with all the work."

The shikshin instantly knocked her head off. "You're going to be an intern Yul, and you're still thinking of being lax? Of course they're going to give you lots of load in their, and it's for you too."

"Ouch!" the tanned girl rubbed her head. "Sheesh Soo, I want to live an easy life! Don't tell me you're rooting for Seoul National University Hospital? SNUH? Come on be realistic our General Weighted Average don't even fit there."

"Did I say I'm looking forward to be assigned there? I should have worked my off since first year if I really wanted to be assigned in there, I think only our Seohyun has the chance to be in there." she glanced to Seohyun, and Yoona who sat next to her. "Hey you two, where do you think you two will go?"

The doe-eyed girl shrugged her shoulders coolly, "Wherever I am assigned to, I'm cool with it, but based on my GWA, I think I could be best assigned in Samsung Medical Center I computed my grades last night and I got 1.73, Samsung's requiring 1.8, right?"

The doe-eyed girl has a surprisingly descent grade after all.

"Good for you Yoong, I haven't computed mine, but I think my GWA's ranging like yours. Unlike this dark skin beside me, she wants to live an easy life even when it's internship."

"Sheesh, look who's talking I computed mine and it's not that really far from you two. I got 1.84." the tanned girl was confident with her hardships.

"That's because you just worked your off last semester. To be honest, you're a smart bum Yul you're not just focused on your career unlike when you are dancing.” the shikshin then pointed out what was great and what the latter was lacking.

The tanned girl coolly accepted it as she shrugged the matter off and turned her attention to their maknae, "Maknae, where do you think you will go?"

"I still don't know Yuri-unnie, I don't want to assume that much. Anywhere would do for me." their youngest replied humbly.

"What's your overall GWA then?" the shikshin asked.

"1.38 Soo-unnie, why?" she asked innocently.

The prankster trio's mouths gaped, they never knew that their youngest got that high score, for all they knew she is indeed a bright and zealous kid but not to that extent that her grade would reach that bracket.

"You're definitely not going to be assigned with anyone of us." the doe-eyed girl's eyes expressed with her eyes still widened in surprise.

"Why didn't you tell us Hyunnie? We should have triple worked our butts off last semester." Sooyoung complained.

"Who knows unnie the professors keep on saying that this year's going to be random." she definitely doesn't want to assume, but inside her mind she knows she definitely would have wanted to be designated in any hospital with one person - her husabnd.

"Oh c'mon maknae! There's a time to be humble and there's also a time to be proud!" the shikshin shot back.

The tanned girl swung her hand hard on the shikshin's arm, "Soo, don't teach our maknae your ways, and regarding her grades she definitely did not work for it overnight. Most especially she's definitely different from you - definitely!"

Sooyoung fave a deadly stare from the latter, she screeched.  "What was that for?"

"Serves you right Soo you just knocked my head just now, do you know how much brain cells I've just lost just now?"

"Brain cells do regenerate Yul, well, around every 40 years." the shikshin then reasoned out.

"What a one hella great friend you are Soo, I'm planning to pursue med-school by next year and I'll need a lot of neurons to think properly, and you just killed a portion of Soo!" Yuri complained.

So,the all-time partners-in-crime started their ever lasting bickering session again. Even if it was already internship seems that things would not change a bit with these two, Seohyun and Yoona just couldn't help them selves but to laugh like the usual.


Few minutes later, the door of the conference room swung open with a banging sound the filled the entire room for a millisecond. All the students who were chitchatting flinched from their seats as an angry heiress Jung who was followed by the heir Kim entered.

"Jung, stop." Jong-In attempted to calm the latter as they both took seats at the first row of the left wing of the conference room. "Don't act like that, have shame to the people seeing you."

He earned an icy glare from the heiress, "How could I? How could they assign me to Samsung Med when I deserve being assigned to Seoul National University Hospital? I'm confident with my brains and I'm definitely doubtless about how I am more than qualified entering SNUH."

He furrowed his eyebrows, as he faced the angry heiress. He was also losing his temper to the latter's attitude. "Look Jung Soo Jung, just see the brighter side of it, your family owns Samsung, right? Aren't you happy you can do things freely there? I mean, you can since the hospital's yours."

"How could I Jong-In? Why? Are you going to be happy if you're going to enter your family's Eye Hospital?" she furiously countered him with another question.

"Of course I would but since it's a specialty hospital I could not take my internship there." he was confident with his words.

"There you go...that's how we differ from each other, I want to make my own will Jong-In, I hate it the most when my hardships are being thrown because I need to live under my parents' supervision. I'm not like you who is always a goodie-two-shoes in front of your grandpa whom you followed willfully when he sent you here when you actually passed Oxford."

She was right; he willfully let his opportunity in Oxford slide in exchange of studying at Dongguk for his grandfather's reason. And what could that reason be? That is to let him meet his wife - plot him to study the same course in the same university is such a clever scheme. Indeed, he has set aside his true mental capacity and thrown his once in a lifetime opportunity to study in such premiere school.

Taken aback with the latter's reasoning, he paused for a moment and thought of the most appropriate answers he could throw to take down the latter, "It was my choice to willfully obey Jung."

He earned a rather smirk of unbelief, "You're not the type to waste your time right? I'm sure you're not going to take Oxford's test in the first place if it is not your dream to study there Jong-In."

Again, he got thrown by the heiress's words. She was so straightforward that she could pierce someone with her words. Hence, she was just telling the truth.

"No matter what I'm going to take my internship in SNUH." she declared stubbornly.

He sighed in defeat; she was definitely firm with her aspirations and reasoning. He couldn't win her, since he lacked that something she possesses a lot which is certainty.

"Fine. I'm sure you've already rattled the professors inside the faculty when you protested just now."

"I didn't protest." she contradicted his word instantly. "I calmly told them that I don't like the idea that they are considering favors of my dad -"

"But you're too straightforward Jung." he cut the latter and chuckled.

"Sheesh, what's the matter when I'm just speaking up my mind?" she glared at him.

He playfully locked her head with his arm and hardly ruffled her hair. "Sometimes Soo Jung, you have to consider other people's feelings before you speak your mind out."

She tried to shove herself away from his grip, "Don't dodge me like that. I'm not a boy!" she whined, "That's why your life is being too complicated right now you're being too considerate and you're getting more and more meek each day!"

"Fine, but maybe you also wanted to be assigned in SNUH because I have the biggest chance to be assigned in there!" he started teasing.

"Too full of yourself." she smirked.” Of course I do, I did  told you you're my crush right?"

He was halted with his act, he almost forgot that she's not just his partner, nor just close companion. She already admitted that she likes her in front of his wife, and that makes his act prohibited and unmannered.

She was so cool admitting it that it seems like she's just playing around, but Jung Soo Jung is one hell of a straightforward heiress - and she mean it.

 

 

Not so far from them, the four girls were silently watching, their conversation was audible enough for the four who were intently focused on them.

Seohyun already diverted her gaze somewhere to avoid seeing the scene.

"Look Joo Hyun, if you're still going to act like that there will come a time that that person might think that you're not the only person he could stick to." Yoona lectured as she forcefully made her best friend face her.

“Maknae, I think you should go approach him right now.” Sooyoung seconded.

She’s already with a heavy heart but still trying her best to contain it, “It is okay Soo-unnie, Jong-in knows what he is doing.”

“Joo Hyun, are you letting your husband be stolen away from you?” Yuri pried the latter.

“No Yul-unnie, of course not.” That was the best respond she thought.

The tanned girl furiously ruffled her own hair, “Joo Hyun you’re really frustrating.”

“There’s a time to contain yourself and a time to speak up Hyun.” Sooyoung attempted to encourage their youngest once again.

“But this isn’t the right time Soo-unnie.”

“So when?”  Yoona got already aggravated with her overly meekness. “Once he already turned his back on you? Hyun! Wake up!”

“It – it’s not just yet now.” she could help it but to held her head low.

“Okay.” Even Yoona felt defeated. “Do as you wish, besides it’s all in your hands whether you’re gonna spare your marriage or not. Anyway you decided that the divorce will happen as final right?”

“He is my pseudo-husband; he could do what he wants.”  She uttered carelessly, as her frustration atop her head with the situation.

“It came from your own mouth Seo Joo Hyun; we hope you’ll no going to eat that later.” The doe-eyed girl could not do anything but to forewarn the latter.

 

Few minutes passed and Mr. Park entered the room and posed of the senior students with their hospital assignments, and students immediately gathered to see their names.

“Jung Soo Jung.” She tried to find her name in the list of students assigned in Samsung, and she didn’t find her name. She then immediately went to see the list of students who are going to be designated at Seoul national university Hospital.

Apparently, she only saw four names of students in the list with their respective general waited average. She read, “Kim Jong-In: 1.08, Jung Soo Jung: 1.14, Zhang Yi Xing: N/A, Kim Joo Hyun: 1.38.”

“Zhang Yi Xing?” she got puzzled with the mysterious name, “Probably another exchange student, or typo.” She then called Jong-In who was not even budging like other students. “Kim Jong-In!”

“Yes Jung?”

The heiress then literally jumped on him and enveloped him into a bear hug. “Told you we’ll be going to SNUH together!”

He was surprised with the sudden bear hug and felt quite uncomfortable at the same time. Hence, Jung Soo Jung is his best companion, and he is aware of her tendency to be clingy when hyped. 

“It’s because you argued with the professors.” He jested, not moving an inch from where he was, not hugging her back but just let the latter be.

“Sheesh, accept the fact that we’re still going to be partners for life even in the internship.”

 

Seohyun got frozen seeing the two from a short distant, she was already holding tight in her skirt, ‘Is that what you really want Jong – In? Fine’ Hence all she could do was to silently crease her self in aggravation

“Yah maknae, we three are assigned to Jasaeng Oriental in Apgujeong, but we still haven’t found your – "

The tanned girl got cut with the noise of their other two friends, “Omo! Joo Hyun got in at SNUH!”

“Maknae-ah!” the doe-eyed girl called.

But as the three of them watched why the youngest got frozen, they then averted from where she was looking at – at Jong-In and Krystal.

“Uh-oh, this is even worse than I thought.” Sooyoung expressed re-reading the list of students that got in at Seoul National University Hospital once again. “Yoong, all of them three got in.”

Jong – In heard Sooyoung and Yoona’s voice that his wife was also assigned in the same hospital like them, he then immediately broke the latter’s bear hug and looked for his other half.

Unfortunately, he found her standing few meters away from them – frozen, was about to sob, and with furious facial expression as she was glaring at him.

“Joo Hyun.” He then went near her, and gripped on to her wrist, but the latter swung his hand off of her and walked out the room.


He chased her in the hallways of Science Building, from the floor that the conference room, where he attempt to get to hold her for a multiple of times and even got the attention of the people because of their evident quarrel, until they reached the seemingly noiseless stare case heading to fifth floor of the construction when he too also got livid with her action and forcefully pinned her on the wall.

“Kim Joo Hyun!” he called her name half shouting.

The fact that they were just inches close, the more that she could not look at her husband directly. The reality that they are growing apart day after day and the scene that just crushed her really sunk into her, and definitely got fumed up.

She struggled to release her self from his grip, but he was using so much force against her.

“What now?” she tried to contain the tears that were about to fall from her eyes. She couldn’t face him still.

“Can we stop being like this? Please.” He sounded begging. “I hate it when you’re like this to me; it’s been days…so please. If it is a mistake to say those things to you that day in the abbey just pretend that I did not ever say it.”

His dark orbs we’re also glistening.

She roughly wiped the tears from her face; her anger has not still subsided, and uttered, “We’ll stick to the contract.”

He felt completely shattered from the inside upon hearing those words from his wife. “Huh?”

“We’ll stick to the contract Jong-In.” she firmly uttered this time.

Tears started gushing out from his eyes; he couldn’t believe what she was actually saying to him. He then aggressively pulled the latter into an embrace, and asked, “Are you sure?”

She tried her best to act firm, as her feelings started to get more and more mixed up because of his tight hold. She did not utter an answer.

“Are you sure!?” he cried loudly.

Tears started falling from her orbs once more, she knew herself she couldn’t contain it, but she’s completely bewildered with her feelings, “Jong-In-ah, it’s final.”

 

Like the saying goes, even a clear mind could go clouded when angry. She decided something permanently stupid because she was temporarily upset.


Guys what do you think of the new look of the THLS page? Btw, enjoy reading!