The Announcement

The Heir's Love Story

Seohyun came to school earlier than her unnies. She make it sure that she will give the Ipad back to Jong-in and thank him properly as soon as he comes in.

Jong-In usually arrives in class twenty minutes before the initial period. She still has 10 more minutes to prepare herself.

She looked at her wrist watch and felt pressure as the time ticks nearer for unknown reasons. She automatically feels awkward when it comes to talking or approaching her seatmate Jong-In.

“Kamsahamnida Jong-In-ssi, those notes were very useful.’ She rehearsed trying to lessen the pressure she was feeling.

 

As Jong-In entered the room, she welcomed him with a beautiful morning smile. “Good morning Jong-In-ssi.”

But the heir intentionally did not budge to notice her.

His sudden cold attitude added more stress to the innocent maknae’s awkwardness, and just hesitantly handed him his Ipad, and looked away.

‘Joo Hyun-ssi, mianhada. I can’t be nice to you any longer. It’s better to be like this.’ He self tormented himself with his previous act.

He sensed the strong awkwardness between them, and felt more apologetic to what he did from the latter, and approached her. “You don’t owe me anything. It’s my promise.” He tried his best to ease her without losing his cool.

 

Few minutes later, a lot of students filled the room and the other three girls all arrived at once and immediately went to Seohyun’s direction.

They noticed that the two were awkwardly sitting side-by-side, their maknae looking extra stiff and uncomfortable.

“What’s the matter Hyun?” Yoona asked as she pulled the maknae into a warm hug.

”Nothing, Yoongie.” She replied and pulled off a fake smile.

But the innocent girl is the worst person when it comes to lying.

“Is there anything that hurt again? You tell your unnies, huh?” Sooyoung held the chin of their maknae.

She did not utter any word that will make her lie to her older sisters any longer.

Yuri noticed Jong-In’s serious face and then looked back to their maknae. “Didn’t you two just have your lovers’ quarrel?” she jokingly let out a random nonsense.

“Unnie~!” the maknae protested.

“What’s the matter Seohyunnie?” the tanned girl chuckled as she shot the question back.

The maknae let out a heavy sigh thinking that her Yuri-unnie just made things between them more complicated.

“Mian-“the maknae attempted to apologize to the gentleman beside her but was cut with his unexpected statement, “You can consider it like that Yuri-ssi.”

The four of them instantaneously froze and got dumbfounded by his sudden statement.

“Look Jong-In-ssi…I apologize for that. I was just kidding.”

The maknae cannot even move a muscle and was rooted in her seat. “What is he saying?”

“Neh, you can consider it like that. We just had a lover’s quarrel Yuri-ssi.” He repeated his stamen, as he grabs her free hand from the side.

“Yah Seohyun-ah, you're no fair!” Yoona protested in dismay.

“Why didn’t you tell us about you two dating?” Sooyoung crossed her arms on her chest.

“How can I tell you the thing that I just knew just now?” she defended herself.

“You’re not fair. I thought there are no secrets between us four!” Yoona argued in disappointment once more.

“But-“she ran out of words to defend herself.

“Joo Hyun-ssi doesn’t know a thing. It’s just me.”  He stated explaining and let out a deep sigh before continuing, “Seo Joo Hyun-ssi is my wife-to-be.” He declared.

The class froze with his sudden announcement.

“Mwo” the innocent maknae was bewildered even more, trying to trace the connection of their awkward encounter few minutes ago from the marriage issue.

“Neh… you’re going to be my wife sooner Joo Hyun-ssi.” He plainly responded.

“H-how did that happen? We were just sitting here and the next thing I know I am gonna marry you?”

“See that weird because I find it weird too. I just also knew about it last night. I was transferred in this section all of a sudden because I need to know you and marry you soon this year.”

“Seo Joo Hyun-ah! You lucky girl!” voices from their other classmates shouted.

“How did this thing happen?” the doe-eyed girl asked the young gentleman.

“Are you sure you’re not sick right now Jong-In-ssi?” Sooyoung approached him and felt his forehead.

“How I wish I am. But I don’t have a choice.”

Mr. Park has already gotten into the classroom that was filled with commotion.

“Ahem! Good morning class. Please go back to your seats. “He scoffed.

“Mr. Park give us a moment there is an important announcement that need to be settled this morning.” A fangirl of Jong-In got the professor’s attention.

“Mr. Park, Jong-In just announced that Seo Joo Hyun-ssi is his wife-to-be.” Another student broke out.

“Oh that?” the professor eyes sparked with the statement he just heard.

“Please, all of you go back to your seats.” He instructed his students again. When everyone was already in their seats he went nearer to his students, “About that. Yes, Jong-In is Ms. Seo’s fiancé, and that’s the main reason why Jong-In transferred in this section.

“When will they get married?” a student brought up.

“As far as I know, they will be married before this semester ends.”

Jong-In suddenly stood up from his seat and grabbed Seohyun from her wrist and walked out with him outside the room.

----------

Things have gone all crazy just within a few minutes. Her mind cannot process what was exactly happening to them. Like she was having a hard time solving today’s puzzle.

They kept walking into the wide hall of the building until they reached an empty laboratory room and entered it.

She felt a lot more awkward being alone with him. A minute of silence filled the room until he pinned her on the wall adjacent to the door of the laboratory room.

“Jong-In-ssi.” She attempted to retract with his action.

“Joo Hyun-ah, let me clear things first.” He looked at her intently.

She deeply held herself together fighting the fear engulfing her at that very moment.

“Let me set things straight.” He looked at her straight into the eyes.

“N-Neh.” She gripped to her skirt with all her strength.

He let out a deep sigh and began. “Are you willing to marry me?”

“Mwo?”  She was taken aback from the seemingly sudden proposal from the heir.

He let out a deep sigh once more, and thought of the right words to tell her. “I mean will you marry me? No…let me put it this way. Are you willing to help me? I need you to marry me for my inheritance.” He let it all out at all at once.

She knew that something behind could cause such ruckus. “Tell me about it so I can think about it thoroughly.”

He cleared his throat and started explaining. “I need you to help me…I mean you need to marry me so I can get my inheritance from my grandfather. I don’t know the exact story but I think your grandfather and my grandfather had an agreement that we need to marry in order for me to get my inheritance.”

“That’s crazy. Grandfather would never do that.”

“I know that’s crazy, even I myself find it illogical.” He second emotion as he tilted his head facing the ground.

“It makes no sense doing it. I’m sorry but I should decline your request, Jong-In-ssi.” She tried to release herself.

Unfortunately the heir went closer to her. “I know it makes no sense. But it is really important to me.”

“That important, that you don’t even care about other people’s feelings? You don’t have any idea what I feel about it.”

“Cut that out. It’s not that I’m going to act like you’re all mine. Let’s get married through papers and once I get my inheritance let’s divorce if that’s what you want.”

Her hand automatically landed hard on his face after hearing such careless words from him. “Can you hear yourself saying those words? Do you think that’s easy?” she asked furiously.

“Please help me.” He pleaded like a jerk.

“No. I’m not that easy Jong-In.” she firmly replied, and shrugged off his hands away from her.

But he came to grab her from her shoulders and pulled her to an embrace, and pleaded once more, “Please, I’ll do anything you want. Just please, help me with this.”

She was completely taken aback from the sudden contact, and felt sudden jolt inside her body. But her clever mind saved her from all the emotions, and broke out from his embrace. “I’m really sorry Jong-In-ssi.’

The young lady abandoned the young heir in the empty laboratory.

Contemplating from what he just did, he felt embarrassed with himself a pleading like a shameless idiot. He threw several hard punches to the wall to let out his angst.

‘Jong-In you just acted too lowly in front of her, how shameful.’

 

----------

While heading her way back to the classroom, she suddenly tore up. The reasons were unknown, but she felt stuffy because of the incident.

‘I never thought that he can be that shallow. But why am I acting like this? I don’t like it.’