London: Slow Waltz

The Heir's Love Story

Reader-nims: Please read this chapter while playing the song What Is Love - Exo 


As he opened his eyes, the view of his beautiful wife was the first thing that caught his eyes. She was sleeping her head on his knees as if she has fallen into slumber while watching him.

'Could she possibly be sleeping here since last night?' he thought as he put his blanket around her.’Should I carry her in bed? She might get stiff neck.' he was very aware of the feeling of sleeping on his knees since he does that several times especially after he teases her until she gets totally annoyed by him to sleep. Indeed, his ways for being called a 'Husband' is way too queer, if it was another girl and not Joo Hyun he would definitely get a whacked face since his favorite is to whether nag or tease his wife whenever they get to have time with each other.

'I never knew that you look cuter when you sleep on your knees like me.' he let out a soundless chuckle as he softly poke her chubby cheek. Even when she's in dreamland he knows how trip on her like a kid bully.

He kept watching the way she sleeps until she slightly flinched from her position, 'She might get stiffed neck like me.'

'I think I should let her sleep in bed.' he then gently lift her not making unnecessary movement that would make her wake up and slowly put her in bed.

He smiled in satisfaction. "Joo Hyun-ah, kamsahamnida for last night." he softly muttered as he tucked her under the warm navy blue sheets of the king-sized bed.

He should be really thankful to have such understanding wife who could deal with his fast waving mood swings. The thing is, his mood swings is far way more than a gir's sudden change of mood. Miraculously, his wife is an angel that has fallen from above to be his other half - the unfortunate angel who would deal with his moody attitude.

'Omo! Today I'm going to tour this Milady around the city as she hardly begged for it! I think I should go down now and prepare stuffs.' he then immediately went out of the room and rushed downstairs to prepare for the tour. He did not even have a plan yet. Who knows that Jong-In could be such a husband without being all 'romantic' - it's a fact he doesn't have a sense of that in his system. Probably because he is so absurd with his cool. And it will be REALLY hard for him since that was going to be his first 'tour' with his wife.

'Shoot! I never thought that planning for such tour can cause so much pain in the neck!' he almost cursed as he was having a hard time thinking about the best things he could do for that whole day.


Jong-In definitely woke earlier than usual as he had his time to ponder things in the main lounge of the mansion.

1.      Always keeping your cool.

2.      Always leading.

3.      Teasing her until she gets totally annoyed

4.      Throwing tantrums as a way to let her know how you feel.

5.      Always boxing her in whenever other boys are lurking around.

6.      Mentioning another girl’s name in front of her.

7.      Mentioning the name of your first crush/first love in front of her

8.      Dominating her even in petty fights

9.      Telling her she has a masculine side.

10.   Depriving her with sweet moments

 

He was grinning triumphantly as he was thinking that he was doing the right things like a mindless idiot unknowledgeable about love while reading a dating guide. He even almost pumped his fist in the air.

Not until the youngest butler came and read the title of the book he was reading. “Things a guy should NEVER do to his girl.”He then looked at his master with a questioning look, “Young Master-hyung, are you happy with that?”

The lurking youngest butler was indeed his mood wrecker that morning, “Why? Is there anything wrong if I’m happy reading this?”

It made the youngest butler more bewildered, and responded innocently, “If you’re happy reading that Things a Guy should NEVER do to his Girl guidebook I’d think I should happy for you too.”

He then closed the guidebook and read the title of it to himself, Things a Guy should NEVER do to his Girl.“Shoot you Chanyeol-hyung, why on earth would you give me this kind of book?”he cursed his older cousin for handing him the small guidebook he told him a good guide for dating.

He remembered that he was once dead busy doing his work when Chanyeol handed him that small dating guidebook that he did not even budge to read the title. It totally made him look like a big idiot in front of the younger boy who was with him.

“Young Master-hyung, waeyo?”the youngest butler questioned him once more. “Perhaps you’re too good to follow that guidebook, huh?”

 He has a pure intention as he praised his master, but it turned out that his statement was a pure mockery to the latter.

“Butler Oh, do you still want to work in this mansion?”he furiously hissed, he was rather threatening than asking.

“O-Of course Young Master-hyung.”The youngest butler cringed on his position.

“Very well then.”He said bluntly as he thought of the lines that certainly stung his character.

“Sheesh useless!”he screeched and  slump the book hard on the wooden table in front of him and stood up from where he was sitting, “Why would I have to read such guideline? I better do my own style instead.”He was full of conceit once again.

“Yeah, do things the Jong-In style hyung.  It is way cooler!”The youngest butler praised him as if he was born yesterday.

But why was he reading that certain kind of book if his agenda for today was just grant the wish of his wife to tour her around London?

“Why would I need such thing? All I have to do today is to tour Joo Hyun, and that’s all.”He shrugged the thought as his ‘cool’was heightening in his system again.

He then began thinking of the things he need to prepare, and implement 'his own way' as he does not want to be guided by anyone or any date guideline books. But in his case, let people not hope for what the heir of the most affluent household in Asia can do when it comes to romantic things.

'I can buy her lots of clothes, if she wants, dine with her in the finest restaurants all over London for lunch and dinner.' he pondered for a moment, but hell no. The idea will not suit her taste, because she's not just another heiress, or another typical girl who could have a social climbing tendency once married to a wealthy man - she is Joo Hyun one of the rarest females under the subspecies of humans. A very upright girl, whose happiness lies in intangible things like Love for her Family, her Friendship with the Pranksters, her dreams, Ban Ki Moon ,Johnny Depp ,and most especially Keroro.

He pondered of all those things, and it made him want to withdraw of thinking of a plan for the 'tour' she requested.

'Aish! Jeongmal! How can I raise her hype when she's not the type to sway with those stereotypical things! Better not to pursue this tour, I might pretend that I don't feel well now.' he got frustrated.

He kept moving around inside the main lounge of the mansion that the four butlers who were also cleaning the place almost got dizzy while watching him, as he gets more and more frustrated of thinking. Until Joo Hyun walked down the staircase stretching her arms care freely that as if she was a happy child who had a very good night sleep for complete eight hours.

She then greeted the four butlers with a bright smile, "Good morning Butler Joon Myun, Butler Baek, Butler Do, and Butler Oh!"

Her milky white skin was very radiant and she even shines brightly in the morning.

She greeted her husband, "Good morning Jong-In."

He was startled with her voice as he kept walking back and forth in the lounge, he was thinking deeply for the ‘tour’, and hearing his wife’s voice means that he has less time to plan, and even have no time to plan at all.

“Aish, what’s so good in the morning?”he threw an unexpected sarcasm as his frustration grew even more with her presence.

“Omo –“she was struck with his response. “What has got into you again early this morning Jong-In?”

“Kim Joo Hyun, you should have slept longer.”He said in a low serious tone.

“Waeyo?”she asked him wearing a quizzical expression, and reasoned out. “You know that I usually get up at exactly seven in the morning, in fact I woke up late already.”

She pointed at the huge wall bronze wall clock plastered on the wall and it says 7:33 AM.

“Anyhow, you should have slept longer you’re really giving me a little time to think.”he shot back totally frustrated.

Seohyun was already used to their kind of conversation. She then averted her attention to the four butlers as she let her husband do his own business –which was ‘thinking’while walking back and forth non-stop with his hands on his hips.

She then asked them as she walks down the staircase,”What’s wrong with him again?”

“Milady-noona, Young Master-hyung’s having a problem with your date later.”The youngest butler immediately responded.

“Correction, it’s a TOUR Oh Se Hun. I’ll be TOURING Kim Joo Hyun later.”Jong-In’s killer eardrums heard the youngest butler’s words and sternly corrected him.

“Whatever he says Milady-noona.”The youngest butler hissed to the milady as he shrugged his young master’s modification away for he knows he will never win a single argument with him.

“I know right.”She affirmed, and started to giggle seeing the younger man’s reaction.

Milady Kim and junior butler Oh continued their small conversation until junior butler Baek, started his random vocalization as he was dusting the antiques of the mansion’s lounge. He was then followed by butler Do who eventually harmonized with him who was wiping the wide windowpanes of the mansion.

 

'Making a day feel like a minute
With you, I’m the main character of a movie
As if I’m about to film an action scene to come see you,
as if I’ve become a hero …

                   

“Milady-noona, may I have the honor to dance with you?” he youngest butler offered his hand for a dance as soon as he heard the older junior butlers sing.

 

“Neh?” Seohyun gave him a puzzled look.

 

Butler Oh then pulled her hand and started slow dancing with her.

 

 

"This is rare, Milady-noona...just please let me have this one dance for you?" the youngest butler used his aegyo.

 

"But Butler Oh, I'm not really good in dancing." she was following the latter's lead as they slowly waltzed with the song.

 

 

You’re perfect to me, I imagined
How would it be if we were together?
If only you say okay, everything is perfect, oh baby…

 

 

 

"Just relax Milady-noona, Oh Sehun is here." he smiled cheekily. And they continue slow dancing until she became comfortable with the youngest butler.

 

 


I lost my mind, the moment I saw you
Except you, everything get in slow motion
Tell me, if this is love
Sharing and learning countless emotions everyday with you
Fighting, crying and hugging
Tell me, if this is love…

 

"Joon Myun-hyung!" butler Oh called the young senior butler and gently handed him the milady for his turn to dance.

 

But he can't do anything as he already got the milady's hand. He then shyly requested, stuttering, "M-Milady, please let me have this opportunity t-to dance you." he merely put his manner hand on her waist.

 

 

"Butler Joon-Myun, it's okay we're friends always remember that." the milady gave him words encouragement to loosen up.

 

 

The young senior butler then sheepishly smiled because of the flattery he just heard from their beautiful milady.

 

"T-thank you for the leather gloves Milady Kim. I-I-i'll be taking care of it. And s-sorry if I wasn't able to protect you last time."

 

 

 

"I'm all safe now,okay? So don't blame yourself, I've seen you hurt Butler Joon Myun." she gave him a reassuring look.” I will be glad if you use it often."

 

 


All the guys in the world are jealous of me
They must be jealous to death of me, for having you
Even after the sun goes down and moon goes down, it will never change
You will find out that I’m a guy whom you can trust

 

The heir stopped as soon as he heard butler Baek's and Do's raising notes and saw Senior Butler Joon Myun dancing slow waltz with his wife, with sheepish smile plastered on his face, while Joo Hyun seems to be having fun as well.

 

"J-Joon Myun-hyung!" he called the senior butler's name with a seemingly startled tone.

 

But the youngest butler does really wanted to have a little fun at that moment that even his almighty young master cannot ruin it.

 

 

"Young Master-hyung, if you cannot do anything right, right now. You better not spoil the fun and just join us.” he hissed to his young master rather forewarning him as he pushed him forward to the senior butler and to the milady.

 

 

"Joon Myun-hyung!" butler Oh pointed out Jong-In signaling to let him take turn dancing his wife.

 

The young senior butler then slowly handed the milady to his young master.

 

 


I don’t know why, this unconditional emotion
Did I ever imagine?
Next to me, you shine more brightly as I become a better guy…

 

 

At first, Jong-In was dumbfounded and hesitated to grab his hand. But then, his pride is at stake because the two butlers were able to dance his wife - and yes, they have never tried dancing together.

 

When he saw his wife waiting for him, to no avail he grabbed her hand, and put his fidgeting manner hand to her waist.

 

'Seriously this stance again.' he thought to himself getting his usual awkward feeling every time he gets too close to his wife.

 

 

He cannot even initiate a move, that it was even Joo Hyun who guided him step-by-step slowly. He cannot make an eye contact with her so he averted his attention down to their feet as they eventually get synchronized to the beat and melodious voices of the singing butlers.

 

 

I lost my mind, the moment I saw you
Except you, everything get in slow motion
Tell me, if this is love
Sharing and learning countless emotions everyday with you
Fighting, crying and hugging
Tell me, if this is love

 

 

Slowly, they began to dance in sync together. She too was a really awkward remembering how close they were last night that pinkish tinge dominated her cheeks as she felt that his hands were slowly gripping with hers a littler tighter.

 

 

 

"Uhm...the tour, I'm sorry I cannot think of good ideas." he suddenly confessed.

 

"I-I'm fine even with simple strolls, r-really." she stuttered reassuring him as the same feelings crept on her - butterflies inside her stomach. "I'm okay to wherever we go."

 

 

"Okay, you said that but of course you are Mrs. Kim Jong-In, I still cannot let you do 'just' simple strolls.” he then slowly turned his gaze to meet her eyes. As he eventually felt comfortable he took the lead to dance. Finally, he gathered all his confidence.

 

 

If you wish and wish earnestly
Will it come true, like the fairytales?

 

 

At that moment, the feeling of happily never ending filled the room again. As if time froze for the two, everything gets into slow motion except them.

 

 

"Are you sure taking me to places and you're not going to be mad at me then?" she asked him again.

 

 

He nodded and flashed his manly warm smile for her, "Of course, I should be the on to make you happy with this trip. And the main purpose of this vacation is to tour you around, right? So let hubby tour you around."