London: Understanding a Piece of Him

The Heir's Love Story

 

 


It was still midnight- a usual rainy midnight in the city of London. The mansion was in its complete silence as well as Milady Joo Hyun who was in her dreamland until she heard a young man's nonstop weeping that made her wake up.

She then decided to open one of the dim lights of the room as she searched for the source of the weeping sound; it was from the young man lying on the couch - her husband.

'Why is he crying?'she looked at his lying figure wearing a questioning expression.

"Jong-In ah." she called his name softly as she walks near him. She was facing his back and to her surprise as she got to him closer he was indeed weeping holding the frame with his photograph of his young self together with his mother and father.

He was crying helplessly like a child, he kept calling them with his trembling voice.

Seeing the young man so pitiful she cannot help but to feel for him as she contemplated once again about what she knew, 'Is it the right time to tell him the truth? I'm going to tell it sooner to him. He might be feeling alone because he lost his parents at a young age.' She then hugged him from behind, and called him in her soft tone once more, "Jong-In-ah."

'But is he really going to be okay if I tell it to him? He has an older brother, it means his just an option for the sole heir.'the idea just sprung out her mind and screw her initial thought.’ Wait, it's not the right time to think about now.' she set her thoughts aside.

She tightened her grip to him, and once whispered again to his ear, "Jong-In-ah, please stop crying. Your parents won't like it if they knew you're like that.

She doesn't really have an idea of what are the most appropriate words to utter to the latter. Hence, it's better to stay near him than do nothing.

"Stop now, will you?" she hushed him like a little child. "You told me you hate cry babies, and as much as you hate them I came to hate them too.

"If they just left me at peace then maybe I would understand." he said between his sobs, "...but I kept dreaming that mom got killed in front of me."

She suddenly got shaken with his statement; he has his point if she were put in his place she could have been weeping like him.

"Jong-In-ah." she called his name again without any following statements as she rested her chin on his neck.

He slowly shifted his attention, as he kept sobbing to his wife and that they're faces were never been that close to each other.

Their noses we're too close that his some of his tears were also drenching on her face.

"Joo Hyun-ah." he muttered.

Her lips were trembling with their stance, it was almost brushing his. A little wrong move and it will touch.

"N-Neh?" she asked.

"H-How's life being a commoner? Is it happy?" he asked with a low shaking tone.

She sincerely nodded in agreement as she made a millimeter distance between them.

"Sometimes I'm thinking if I'm not an heir, things will be limited but I will feel contented because my loved ones will not leave my side. You think it will be that way?" he curiously asked.

She was still feeling his warm breath gently brushing her cheeks since the distance she just made was not that far but just enough to prevent their lips to touch whilst she knew what he meant by his question through her intuition.

"Neh Jong-In, I'm also thinking of the same way." she gave her a warm smile.

He then closed their distance again as he pressed his forehead with hers,” Then, if I'm not an heir will you choose to stay with me?"

Her heart started to flutter as its rhythm became uneven whilst she felt butterflies inside her stomach, and answered her husband in her usual vague manner, "I'm Milady Kim right? But you should always remember that I'm more of Mrs. Kim."

She let him weep until he fell asleep - seeing this part of him, was a very rare sight for a man only weeps in front of a girl if he’s opening the door of his heart.

'At least you let me know a piece of you now. Now that I understand you more, I regret those times that leaving you enters my mind. You've been watching me to sleep for several times right? You thought I never knew? Now's my turn to watch you sleep.' she contemplated, as she slowly retracted from him and ruffled his hair to let him fall asleep deeply.

At that particular moment, she just wanted to stay with him for her lifetime like they never agreed on to something. Not thinking of those she had firmly decided months ago, when she saw him cry for her for the first time.

Until she also fell into slumber on her bended knees.

 

Is she wavering?

Is she just feeling it for that one moment?

Or is it already for real?

Is she voiding the rule of girls that once a girl has decided that it's final then it's thru?

 

The happily never ending thought just sank into her just that moment. If things get well on their way will she stay, rather if things will shatter between them will she be able to stand beside him?