London: The Former Milady's Diary

The Heir's Love Story

 


Although he wanted to preserve his cool in front of his wife, but because of the threatening incident that happened to her, Jong-In cannot entrust her to anybody that he paid extra attention to her, if not his most, even when she get to talk or play with the junior butlers.

He chose to look over her silently from a certain distance; he even became stricter that he did not let her go out during their fourth day in the mansion.

Since her husband did not allow her and even argued with her again, Joo Hyun sulk herself in a peaceful part of the garden maze, where a person can be completely cornered since it's one of the trap way as she reads the old brown notebook having the initial intention of just easing her boredom for a few hours.

"KTY" she muttered to herself as she completely tore the loosened part of the leather lock of the old brown notebook and unveiled the first page of it.

Her eyes widened reading the first line of a neatly hand-written statement.

'This is a property of Kim Taeyon fourth Milady of the Kims. 1991 - 199-' she then closed it for realizing that she was intruding someone's privacy.

‘I cannot continue this, I’m invading someone’s privacy and she’s not just someone she’s Jong-In’s mother.’ She hesitated, but then her gut feel pushed her to opened it and flip for the next page.’But it will not be bad if I read just a page, right? Milady Taeyon please forgive my trespassing.’

 

September 16, 1991,

            It’s indeed a very surprising day; I thought my appa-nim was going to tell me that I just passed the butler’s exam in the Kims mansion. I was very nervous since I have to go there in a very presentable manner that I needed to dress myself almost like a princess – to tell you diary it was very uncomfortable and it’s not really necessary to wear such! I want to become a lady-butler, but I think father has gone insane and everybody was insane in that mansion.

            This afternoon appa-nim introduced me to the heir of the mansion, Young Master Yunho. He’s really a prince charming appearance wise, but he’s definitely a mischievous one. I don’t like him, and I don’t wan to be one of his mistresses. For goodness sake whose sane girl would like to see her fiancé goofing off with three girls all at the same time in front of her? Yes. I wrote it down to you correctly diary, he is my fiancé. For God knows when did I became fiancée to him. I never thought that appa-nim would screw my life like this.

-Kim Taeyon-

“Ah, KTY, Kim Taeyon, silly me!” she just realized as she opened another page again.

 

November 18, 1991,

           He sure is cocky, but I never thought that he also has his good side after all. I just received my Chemistry grade and as I expect the worst outcome I failed it. Good thing he made and effort to stroll with me as I walk home and you know what was really touching, he ate street ice cream with me though he tends to irk on poor people’s things. But the bad thing was he got stomach ache as soon as we got home. He has his cute side though.

-Kim Taeyon- 

 

"Their story was almost like ours, only that Milady Taeyon's crushing Lord Yunho." she chuckled unnoticing that she started having fun reading the former milady's inquiries.

 

 

December 21, 1991

Good heavens why do they have to rush our wedding like this? I did not really agree with this and the elders were really rushing things.

But you know what's unique about our wedding diary? It's our wedding day at the same time my first kiss.

I know right, okay I'm going to admit it since it's my first evening being Milady Kim. I like my husband very much.

-Kim Taeyon.

 

"Omo they kissed?" Joo Hyun gushed from where she was sitting, she blushed for the thought.

'Good thing we didn’t’ she sighed in relief as she touched her lips.

 

December 25, 1991

It's my first Christmas together with the Kims, sadly my husband's at work even for this time. But I must be more understanding that he's the heir, and I should support him because I'm the Milady of their household now.

These things never crossed my mind even before. But how I wish things were going to become a never ending fairytale for us. Though he's absolutely stubborn he's my first...love okay? And he will be my last and always be.

Tacky much diary? It's Christmas just give me space to open my heart a little more diary.

-Milady KTY-

 

May 30, 1992,

Grand Master Kim told us to migrate in London by mid-August. I'm glad and at the same time sad since it's one of my dreams to go there but I'm going to miss my family here in Korea since we cannot go back in two years time.

-Milady Tayeon-

 

November 15, 1992

It's almost a year since we got married and gosh we often argue even in little things, but it's much better than saying nothing to each other, right?

-Milady KTY TT_TT-

She then went on reading until she read the most important parts of the diary in its near end.

 

September 28 1993,

I never thought that this would occur in our relationship. I just knew that my husband's former girlfriend Lady Wu would have a son with him, Grand Master didn't know it though and if he knew I wonder what action he would do. We just knew now that she committed suicide after two years of not having a communication with Yunho and knowing that were married for more than two years now.

It hurts me to the extent that I want to turn my back to him now, but now that I'm preganant with our baby boy I don't think that I can be selfish that much. Now my son inside me is the most precious person I could never forsake.

-Milady Taeyon-

 

November 17, 1993

Today Yunho brought his son in the mansion; I don't know what to feel. I cannot lie that I am all fine after knowing that he has his son with his former lover but the little boy is innocent to be blamed because of his father's mistake. It’s all breaking me.

I'm starting to get by though, I'm thankful that Yunho is honest enough to tell everything wrong he committed in his past. Hence, he chose our family, and for the first time in our marriage life he admitted that he also loves me.

-Milady KTY-

 

January 21 1994,

This past week has been the most precious moments in my life. I just gave birth to my precious angel Jong-In. He's too cute though he cries a lot at night. He's mixed of our features but I hope he does get most of my features, selfish much? It's because Yunho is acting all possessive with our son talking that he should resemble him and not me because he might look like a midget when he takes after me. But I don't think he's going to after my height, my baby boy has long legs and arms though.

Wu Fan now is a Hyung to my baby Jong-In he's been with us for a few months now, and to tell you honestly I feel for the child and I also want to take care of him as my own.

I want to live a happy family with my three handsome guys.

Jong-In-ah thank you for coming into our lives, you don't know how Taeyon-umma loves you very much.

-Milady Kim Taeyon-

 

“Wu…Fan?” Seohyun’s mouth went agape in disbelief and read the inquiry again.

“Wu Fan now is a Hyung to my baby Jong-In…” she muttered to herself intently. Her eyebrows almost clung to each other as the inquiry unveiled the true connection behind her husband and her ethics instructor.

“Wu Fan is Jong-In’s older brother, does Jong-In know about this? Or it’s just Wu Fan-oppa?” she started forming questions inside her head and analyze everything that could be meant by that single phrase, “If Wu Fan is older, then possibly he’s supposed to be the sole heir.”

 

She kept on analyzing things as she heard a familiar voice of a young man who was furiously growling her name, “KIM JOO HYUN!” – her husband called her.

She then immediately closed the diary of the former milady and carried it as normal as she could contemplating if she should unveil what she just knew from his mother’s chronicle. Little did she know, the answers in the past are all in her hands and it’s up to her if she would pursue knowing the truth for the sake of the people around her, especially to her husband Jong-In.

“I’ve been calling you like nuts I almost set the mansion in security level three again!” Jong-In yelled as soon as he saw the view of his wife nearing him.

“I – I’m sorry Jong-In.”

“Where in this mansion did you go and what did you do huh?” he started interrogating with his obvious bothered expression.

“I-I just read Ban Ki Moon inspirational there in the garden maze.” She hesitantly lied. “Gosh, am I doing the right thing.”

“Ban Ki Moon again?” he then looked at her hand to see what the title of book she was reading. She then immediately hid it behind her and purposely distracted her husband by shifting the topic.

“Now what a-are you going to let me go around the city today? Come on please we only have three days left.” She started whimpering childishly.

“I’m still thinking about it.” He is indeed a kill joy.

“You’re just thinking how to decline my request again!” she countered as she playfully hit his arm hard.

“Ow!” he irked and began complaining, “I should have let you go boxing instead, I never knew that you’re a boxer because of your frail frame. But yeah, you’re a hiding man in that slender body!”

She then gave her a suspicious glance, “Maybe you’re secretly admiring my figure all along.”

“Who said that?” he chuckled, “I have a good taste and you’re not qualified because you’re a boxer!”

“Whatever you say.” She uttered in defeat. “Just tour me around the city.”

“As in you want me to tour you?” his hand was attempting to grip on hers but hesitated.

“I can just let all the four of them to accompany you with the household sages if you want to tour whole London.” He was flaunting his cool again.

“No, it’s not that.”she paused.

“I mean let us tour together, us two.” she emphasized.

"Okay, maybe tomorrow if my mood is good."

Disappointed with his usual domineering attitude, she sighed, "It always depends on your mood, moody Jong-In."

"Fine, I'll start touring you tomorow!" He finally agreed for not wanting her to feel upset about him. "...But it will be just the  two of us, right?