London: Milady’s "Tour" around the City

The Heir's Love Story

*Bloke: British English term for man/young man.

Navy Blue Font: Flash Back/Dream


“Jong-In, you stay here my baby and no matter what happens don’t go out in here okay?’ Milady Taeyon gasps in terror as she puts her toddler inside a huge cabinet during a cold stormy night.

“Okay, but I don’t want to stay here for long mom. You’re going back again right?” the young Jong-In was already sobbing in fear.

“Mom will be back, promise. So be a good boy and no matter what you hear you’ll stay here, and don’t make a sound, huh?” she reminded the young heir once again.

“Okay.” the young lad innocently nodded as he contained his sobs.

Milady Taeyon then immediately closed the cabinet as she heard heavy foot steps nearing their location, she then immediately find something that she could use as a weapon inside the room – her husband’s golf club, and opened a slit of the door to see if the mysterious man was really nearing them.

Unfortunately, the mysterious man was already standing on the other side of the door when she opened the slit of it. The mysterious man then abruptly kicked the door forcefully enough for her to fall on the floor.

“You’re not going to take the young heir, I won’t let you – “she screamed on top of her lungs as she attempt to stand up but before she could move an inch from her stance the mysterious man mercilessly shot her.

“Who said that I’m going to ask you to permit me Milady?” the mysterious man in black trench coat scornfully uttered.

The young Jong-In saw every details of the scene on the small slit of the cabinet his mother hid him, though he did not fully recognize who was the mysterious man who murdered his mother. The young lad instantaneously got frozen and weeps silently inside the cabinet until he heard another set of heavy foot steps approaching the room as the mysterious man swiftly escaped from the window of the room.

The young Jong-In saw every details of the scene on the small slit of the cabinet his mother hid him, though he did not fully recognize who was the mysterious man who murdered his mother. The young lad instantaneously got frozen and weeps silently inside the cabinet until he heard another set of heavy foot steps approaching the room as the mysterious man swiftly escaped from the window of the room.

 

All went blank as he opened his eyes – another nightmare. He furiously gasped for air as soon as he sat up from the couch and buried his face in his palms.

The same dream kept appearing in his sleep consistently since they arrived in London.

‘Who the hell could you be that you murdered my mother just like that?’ He muttered to himself as he silently wept that night.


It has been their third day in London, and the Milady was also getting sulky like her husband. Jong-In often throws tantrums to her whenever she tries to approach him and he kept himself busy with his paper works for the English leg of their family’s company.

“Jong-In-ah.” She called his name as she attempts to persuade him. “Are you planning to confine me here for the whole week? Can we go out now? “

“Now? Where are you planning to go today?” he flatly asked not even averting his attention to here while he was reading monthly reviews of the company on his laptop.

“I would like to visit at least Trafalgar Square so I can buy something for my unnies and I would like to go to Victoria and Albert Museum and try riding double-decker buses going to St. Paul’s cathedral this day if you would accompany me. Please?” she was already half begging the latter.

“I’ll let Senior Butler Joon Myun accompany you instead; I’m a bit busy Joo Hyun.” He bluntly replied.

She already sneer heavy breath from her nose, she felt defeated that she cannot persuade her husband to tour her around and was constantly ignoring her.

“Fine.” She uttered in defeat and exited the room with heavy shoulders.


"Senior Butler Joon Myun, would you accompany me to some places this day?” she asked the young senior butler who was a busy wiping windowpane.

The senior butler then immediately stopped what he was doing, "It will be my pleasure to tour you around the city Milady Kim."

"Thank you then Butler Joon Myun-oppa, how I wish Jong-In is as accommodating as you are." she acknowledged the young senior butler with her obviously disappointed tone.

"T-Thank you for the complement M-Milady." he stammered. "Young Master has mood swings but he is really a nice person."

"He is. Occasionally." she scoffed rather sarcastically.

"So where do you intend to go first, Milady?" the senior butler asked.

"I wanted to shop at Trafalgar Square first if possible I'll buy souvenirs for my friends in Korea."

"It will be my pleasure to accompany you there." he formally acknowledged his Milady's request. Let me get the car in the car park first, Milady."

“No.” she shook her head, “I want experience riding a double-decker Butler Joon Myun.”

“B-but Milady, Young Master might scold me for that. It will be dangerous if we don’t use car.” He anxiously explained.

“And it will be more obvious that I and Jong-In had just arrived in here, I want to experience touring the whole city as a commoner Senior Butler. Please?” she tried to convince they young senior butler.

“W-well, l-let me ask Young Master first.” He almost gave in with her convincing powers.

But before he could consult his young master upstairs, he found his young master Jong-In on the staircase silently observing them for sometime.

“Let her be Senior Butler Joon Myun, I trust you with this matter. Just go ahead and tour around that cussed milady of yours.” He sarcastically permitted his wife’s request.

“B-But Young Master – “he nervously attempt to reason out.

“Who are you calling cussed Jong-In-ah?” the milady retorted.

“Uhm, you?” he childishly puffed his cheeks and let out a sigh.

She shook her head in defeat, “Jong-In-ah, if you will just stop sulking yourself in here and go with me your mood might change a little better.”

“No need, I can suit myself here. Suit yourself around and -.” He bluntly replied with his straight face as he hesitated to continue his sentence but eventually blurt it out, "...take care."

He then took out a Visa Black Card in his pocket and waved it, “Senior Butler Joon Myun, catch!”

He then threw the card down to the young senior butler.

“What is that Butler Joong Myun?” the milady asked.

“It’s your Visa Black Card Milady.” the young senior butler then handed her the credit card.

Being unknowledgeable about such card she curiously asked, “I mean what exactly is the use of that Visa Black Card Butler Joon Myun?”

“It’s your credit card, shop all you want, or even buy the shop you want.” Jong-In coolly explained.

She was completely enthralled with her husband’s statement. He’s really the most affluent heir, and if would please to do so he could give her everything.

“I-I can’t accept this.” she declined.

“Come on, you’re my wife it’s a shame on my part if can’t give you that.”

“Milady-noona, that’s natural.” The youngest butler budged in from nowhere.

“Butler Oh.” She smiled.

“Young Master-hyung, can I Milady too, please?”  The obviously fanboying youngest butler begged.

“No you can’t maybe next time Butler Oh, and besides Senior Butler Joon Myun’s going to a stubborn Milady, do you like to such kind of milady?” he was intentionally bantering his wife.

“Look who’s talking?” Milady Joo Hyun countered her husband sarcastically as she crossed her arms on her chest.

“It’s okay for me if the stubborn Milady is Milady Kim. Anyway she’s the prettiest Milady for me.” The youngest butler was obviously fancying.

“See?” she shot back to her husband and rolled her eyes. She then argued, “Butler Oh’s better than you at least he knows how to appreciate a beautiful person unlike you, you just admire telegenic girl group members.”

He chuckled in disbelief, “Can’t believe that you’re jealous with the SNSD’s maknae.” He paused as he bent down and leaned forward to the staircase railings. He smugly uttered, “Oh well, who wouldn’t be jealous with her goddess face.”

“Goddess face because she always needs to put make up on shows, but in person we maybe equal, or I may even look better than her.” She confidently proclaimed.

“Yah! Yah! Just go now.” He shooed his wife as he doesn’t want to argue with her anymore. “But be here in exactly 5pm okay?”

“Fine.” She then started to walk out.

“Butler Oh let’s watch M! Countdown together, also call Butler Byun and Butler Do let’s watch SNSD-TTS let’s watch ‘MY MAKNAE’ together.” He obviously wanted to see his wife irk with his extreme teasing.

‘Whatever Jong-In, if I know you just like to get into my nerves intentionally.’

So, Milady Joo Hyun and Senior Butler Joon Myun set-off from the mansion as they disguised themselves as common tourists wearing casual outfits that would not catch any kind of people’s attention.

But as soon as they exited the mansion, a good-looking young bloke who was driving a vintage black car together with another fierce looking young lad and two other men has started stalking them.

 

They were on the double-decker stop few streets away from the mansion when the young senior butler initiated a conversation.

“M-Milady.” He awkwardly called her attention.

“Neh Butler Joon Myun?”

“Nice disguise with that simple brown cloak and blue trousers, but you still look outstanding, Milady.” He awkwardly complemented his lady master.

“I-I think we should have ride car instead.” He suggested as he observed few English men looking at her.

“Why do you say so Butler Joon Myun?” she wondered.

“To be honest with you Milady, I’m no that good on streets that’s why I prefer driving for my masters.” He timidly admitted as he rubbed his nape.

“Don’t worry Butler Joon Myun I have a vicinity map with me.” She reassured the young senior butler as she pulled him from his wrist as they ride a double-decker bus.

On their way the Milady was amazed by the new world she has seen, like a wandering child she gleefully watch the enchanted scenery of the London streets which is complemented by the height of the double-decker bus that they rode - they passed by London's famous streets like Knights bridge, Big Ben, Bloomsburry and Baker street.

"Milady Kim." Joon Myun called her attention.

"Yes?" she averted her gleeful attention to the butler.

"Why didn't you like to shop at Harrod's when it's just few blocks away from the mansion?"

"I don't like to swipe Jong-In's credit card there, and besides this is more fun." she shifted her gaze again to the enchanted site of the foreign streets.

The young senior butler cannot help himself but to smile as he admire his Milady's carefree side while maintaining her outstanding beauty even in a sea of people.

"But let's be more careful at Trafalgar okay? It's a crowded place." he reminded her.

"No problem, besides you're there Senior Butler Joon Myun." she warmly smiled.


Several minutes later, they arrived at Trafalgar Square - the most crowded shopping center where most Londoners and tourists shop for their necessities and souvenirs.

They visited every boutique that appealed the Milady's taste, but what they did was more like window shopping since she wants to pay with her own cash.

While they were busy walking on the streets the young senior butler took his opportunity to ask, "Milady Kim, are you sure you these are the only things you wanted to buy?"

He was only handling four paper bags of which were female fur coats, and a paper bag with a necktie.

“No, I still have one thing to buy.” She warmly smiled at him as they entered a men’s botique where she bought a sleek black man’s winter glove.

As soon as they exited the boutique, the milady handed him the paper bag with the winter glove.

“Is this for Young Master?” he asked while smiling as he admired the taste of the milady.

“I bought him one already.” She replied. “Try to fit it.”

“Me?” he was surprised. “T-Thanks Milady, but I should decline since it’s intended for another person.”

She slightly titled her head as she finds the senior butler’s timid personality adorable, “Butler Joon Myun it’s for you that’s why I handed it to you.”

“R-really M-Milady?” he stammered in surprise.

She then coolly nodded her head.

“I-I cannot accept this Milady.”  He was too timid to accept the gift.

“Why?”

“This is too much.” He tried to hand it back to his lady master.

“No, that’s yours Butler Joon Myun consider it as a gift from a new friend.” She warmly smiled.

And again, the young senior butler has another thing o admire about his Milady – her thoughtfulness.

They walked for few more minutes until they stopped in a random bench near by the statue of King Charles somewhere in the busy street of Trafalgar.

“I told you it’s nicer to walk around here.” she said as she puts down the shopping bags beside her.

“Milady, would you like to some eat ice cream?” he suddenly asked.

"Y-Yes, Butler Joon Myun are you hungry already?" she took her purse from her handbag.

"No. It will be my treat for you this time Milady."

"Sure?"

The senior butler gladly nodded and asked, "Which flavor do you prefer Milady?"

"I would like a Sweet Potato ice cream please."

"Alright a sweet potato ice cream for Milady." he then walked his way to the nearby ice cream saloon across the high street.

Two mysterious blokes followed the young senior butler as he crosses the high street, and as soon as he reached the side walk one of the two mysterious bloke banged his head with a wooden bat, while the other one caught him as he fell unconscious.

The milady saw it all but before she could open to make a sound for help and move a muscle from her place, a fierce looking bloke sat beside her and threatened her with a dagger neared her side.

"Shout and I'll shut your mouth permanently." the fierce block hissed on her ear.

Her whole body started to tremble in fear as she took a glance of the mysterious bloke who was threatening her, she met his sharp dark orbs, and he looks like a wolf that would kill anytime.

She gasps hard and gulped all her liquids in as the mysterious bloke pulled her all the way until they reached a dark narrow alley where no people can help her even if she shout her lungs out.

The mysterious young bloke then threw her on the garbage bins that were there in the dark alley and landed hard.

"W-What do you need from me?" she asked trembling as her back and bottom irked in pain after being thrown.

"You're the new Milady of the Kims, right?" he deviously hissed as he nears the milady and grabbed aggressively grabbed her chin.

"N-no." she was trembling as she denied.

"Get your hands of off me!" she screeched as she aggressively shoved the mysterious young bloke who caught her but the young man was very stealthy and his reflexes were meant for an assassin.

As he grabbed the milady's arm he then brought her flat facing the near brick wall of the dark alley.

"One wrong move and this dagger's going to blow your side." he threatened her again as he held the dagger near on one of her sides.

"P-please you're getting the wrong person, I'm n-not the Milady I'm just a helper in that mansion." she pleaded and denied trembling in fear.

"No need to fool me Milady Joo Hyun, I've been lurking on around your grounds for a few days now." he arrogantly uttered.

"P-please l-let me go, just get my spare money here in my pocket." she pleaded.

But then, he nears the danger deeper on her side that her bare skin underneath her top and cloak.

'God please save me.' she pleaded to heavens as she closed her eyes tight almost accepting that it was her time to die when  she suddenly felt that she was freed from the tight grip of the young bloke and heard his voice grunt in pain.

"Argghh!" the mysterious young block groaned palming his fiercely countered shoulder, he was then flew a few meters away from her.

As soon as she opened her eyes, she then averted her gaze to the person who caused it to the wicked bloke - she then saw a young man with a very serene face but was kicking his leg straight upward in the air.

The mysterious young bloke then started to fight with the young man who just appeared in the scene with his Wushu martial arts skills, while the other young lad fought him with his incredible knee and footwork martial arts skills.

"Taekwondo." she subconsciously muttered as she watched the two young blokes fought each other. The two were very skillful in fighting, and the wicked young block was very artsy with his martial arts moves while the other one looked firm and sleek doing his simple feet moves to the latter. In the end the serene looking young man has beaten the wicked young bloke as he mercilessly blown the latter's chest with such merciless roundhouse kick.

went agape seeing the wicked young bloke laterally flew hard on the wall.

She then found herself being dragged away from the dark narrow alley by the serene looking young man. And so, they ran as fast as they could to get away from the wicked bloke who caught her.

It was then they stopped when they reached Knight Bridge which is a place famous for pigeons.

She was then holding onto her knees as she panted to death when they stopped,

"T-thanks." she uttered between her breaths.

"Are you okay now?" the serene looking young man asked.

"I-I'm alright, thank you again."

As soon as she averted her eyes on him for an up-close look she saw a serious looking lad with a calming facial expression. He looks very kind in contradictory to his fighting skills - he looks like a fallen angel.

He noticed that her forehead was already sweating.

"Here." he handed her a handkerchief.

"Why?"

"Wipe your sweat." he warmly smiled as he offered the hanky again.

"T-Thanks but I'm fine." she declined.

But then the calm looking gentleman voluntarily wiped her sweat for her.

"Gee,thanks again." she blushed for the sudden act.

"Uhh, are you sure you're all okay? Is there anything that hurts?" he asked again.

"Nothing really. No worries." she reassured him with an awkward smile.

"Then I just came in time." he sighed in relief.

"I thought I'm going to end up there, thanks again."

The serene looking young man then turned his back to her and waved. "See you around."

"W-Wait!" she attempted to halt him. "What your name Mister."

He then turned around for the last time. "My name is Yi Xing."

"Thank you Mr. Yi Xing!" she shouted her lungs out as the calm looking young man fades from her sight.

And that was how the milady's tour turned out.


It was almost six in the evening when she arrived home alone. She has looked for Butler Joon Myun on her way but thank goodness she found him safe as Butler Do and Butler Byun were putting medications on the wounded butler.

"Thank goodness you're here Butler Joo Myun! I've been searching for you the whole afternoon." she put her hand on her chest as she sighed in relief.

"Thank goodness you're also safe Milady." the young senior butler expressed his finally peaceful though as he softly massaged the tender crown of his head."Young Master sent out almost all of the mansion's top security to find you."

"Top Security?"

"Yes. Milady, young master already sent the household's top security and put the mansion in security level three." butler Byun joined the conversation.

"Please see Young Master now Milady, he's all growling mad at everybody when Joon Myun-hyung arrived alone this afternoon and told that you've got kidnapped by some crook. He’s definitely going to kick us out of here! Please Milady!" butler Do begged.

"I'll go then." she anxiously uttered as she rushed her way to their room upstairs.


Inside the room, Jong-In was anxiously going back and forth waiting for news of his wife's whereabouts.

"Kim Joo Hyun." he groaned worriedly.

The youngest butler was being a look out at the room when he saw Milady Joo Hyun rushing on the long staircase.

"Kai-hyung Milady's here finally!"

"Joo Hyun?" he stopped from his post. And thought of something for a second, 'I shouldn't look so bothered about her, she might over think again.’

"Butler Oh, lock the door first and turn on the television. Let's watch Music Bank!" he commanded the youngest butler.

"Bwo?"

"Just do it!"

And the youngest butler obediently did what his young master has instructed him.

When the Milady knocked on the door she immediately heard the booming home theatre of the bedroom.

“Jong-In-ah.”

The youngest butler then opened the door for her.

“Milady-noona! Good thing you’re here.” he cheerfully greeted.

She saw the opposite of what she was thinking that the heir looked like which is a worried Jong-In. ‘What is this?’ she sneeringly asked herself seeing the heir intently watching Music Bank and was even imitating the dance of the group he was watching.

 

“Come on Se Hun!” he asked the butler to join him.

‘Dowajwoyo MA-MA-MA-MA, MA-MA-MA-MA Turn back

Kkaedatge MA-MA-MA-MA, MA-MA-MA-MA Rolling back’

 

“Jong-In ah.” She called his deranged minded husband again.

“Oh, good thing you’ve came.” He pretended just to see his wife coolly.

“Butler Do told me that you’ve gone mad you’ve even set the mansion into its full blown security.”

“Me? Gone mad?” he chuckled pretending all innocent and merely even bothered after all. “Of course I told them to look for you but not to that extent.”

He went near her and checked if there are scratched and bruises on his wife. As he turned her sideways he saw a hole seemingly holed by something jagged. His eyes widened as his flaunting of his ‘cool’ image immediately melted away.

“Did you get hurt?” he looked at her with his orbs full of anxiousness as he held his wife’s chin and checked her face again for scratches or bruises.

“Is there anything that hurts” he asked again. “Who did this to you?” he began asking hysterically.

She was getting to know his ways better each day. She knew that he would struggle to keep his cool in front of everybody especially to her but her husband was not a really good actor – he should just stick of becoming an heir because seriously it was not his first time to appear like a man who has a broken nutshell in front of her. But despite all his randomness, at least she knew that he does care about her.

So she decided to play along with him.

“I’m all fine so don’t worry, a good-hearted guy helped me to escape that young captor” She responded coolly as she sat on the sofa like nothing happened.

“Who’s that guy anyway?” he raised an eyebrow mentally noting the word guy in her sentence. ‘Goodness, another guy is bewitched by this Joo Hyun again. Good thing she cannot blind me.’

“Mr. Yi Xing? That’s his name, but after we ran to Knights Bridge he left me so I only knew his name.”

“Yi Xing?” it sounded unfamiliar for him.

“Kai-hyung!” Butler Oh interrupted.

“That new boy band was cool! And that dance machine really looks like you!”  He jumped in glee.

“Really Butler Oh? He glanced on the television. “But I do think that I look better than him, look at his hair it seemed that he did not take a bath for a week.”

Then he pointed out another boy group member, “And look at that mushroom head Butler Oh, you have the same small face as him!”

“Well yes, but I prefer my clean cut than that Kai-hyung.” The youngest butler confidently proclaimed. “Hyung did you ever tried auditioning at SM Entertainment?”

“Why? Are you interested in that company? They’ve been offering me to become part of Shinee six years ago, but I was young then so I declined. The second time they offered me was for that group, but I told them I would rather buy their company instead.” He’s smug attitude started up again.

‘Sometimes I can’t even understand you but I find your ways getting cuter and cuter each day.’  She thought as she laid her head on his lap. “It’s been a very tiring day for me.”

He was surprised with the sudden affectionate behavior of his wife, but then it’s all good, slowly, he preferred it that way. He endeavored to steer clear of it but he always found himself to no avail.

“Okay you rest there, and let’s watch my favorite Keroro later.” He let his wife stay on his lap and his long wavy hair gently. ‘And it has been a very worrisome afternoon for me.’

He then gave the youngest butler a deadly glance to get out of the room, and the youngest butler who was cooing on them incoherently silently left them.

“Your favorite?’ her eyes widened.

“Well yes, the talking sergeant frog grew in me already.” He bluntly admitted, ‘Perhaps, we’re becoming like-minded.’


“Lay-hyung, Ouch! Please, be gentler!” the wolf-orbed young bloke complained as the older young man puts iodine on his bruise near his eyebrow.

 “Why would I, I told you to just scare her. If I arrived a little later you might have dug a hole on her side.” The older gentleman scolded the latter.

“But you’ve also went too far Hyung, look at me!” he whined.

“It’s because you enjoyed it that much, you even flew just to kick my bum. Serves you right!” he argued.

“But Lay-hyung you really did look cool when you dragged her along with you!” the young bloke complemented the latter.

“You better know how and when to stop next time Tao, because the strategy will be a lot more different next time.”

They continued stalking the Kim’s mansion inside their black vintage car.