Departure: The Deranged Minded Heir

The Heir's Love Story

Finally, the day of their departure going to London has come. Seohyun was very excited that for her first ever overseas travel going to London – and to take note that it’s one of her dream destination it’s not just an overseas place for her to spend a week of relaxation, it’s a dream come true for her.

It was a fair weathered Saturday morning when the milady’s friends decided to drop her off and Jong-In in the household’s private airport. Readers read it right, the most affluent household in Asia also has a private airport, but it’s just a humble airport of eight hectares of land in which there is a 3000 square meters of hangar for the family’s five private planes and five other more fixed-wing-aircrafts, and a 5000 square meters of runway which makes the “very humble” private airport of the affluent family.

“Yah! Jong-In lied to me, he told me that their whole mansion’s vicinity is only 25 hectares of land.” Sooyoung complained with agape as she moves her sight with the new wonder she was seeing.

“Soo-unnie, I never thought that this is even a part of the household, I thought his is some kind of a private airport for Korea’s wealthy family and the president I just also knew that this belongs to them.” Seohyun explained her innocence.

“And yes, their family has an extension land of another 40 hectares excluding the mansion, and as I can see right now from where I am standing, they own this airport, there’s a family museum, at the back of it there’s sports’ arena, and on the opposite side a huge dance studio as big as SM building at Gangnam-gu.” Yuri’s mouth almost went alligator like the doe-eyed girl’s as she point the structures that were on the vast land owned by the Kims.

“Unnie, like what I said I’m still familiarizing myself inside the household.”

While conversing with the two older girls, the doe-eyed girl jumped onto her best friend’s back and gave her a bear back hug. “Hyunnie, I’m gonna miss you.”

“Unnie, I’ll just be gone for a week it’s not like I’m gonna stay there forever.” The youngest chuckled because of the older girl’s randomness.

“I’m just kidding!” Yoona sheepishly grinned and went nearer to whisper to her best friend’ ear, “I’m okay with a Dolce and Gabbana fur coat.”

“Unnie, I don’t have that much, Jong-In has the money not me.” Seohyun jokingly protested.

Certainly, she’s the milady of the most affluent household in Asia but she really does not ask for allowance from her husband unlike other wealthy wives all over the world. She has her money, and she earned it from being a model for a month by Elle magazine right after their marriage. But it also does not mean that she has that much to boast.

“We heard that Yoong!” Sooyoung interrupted with her dog-like senses, rather extreme ‘psychic’ ability.

“Yeah, please include us when you buy Yoong’s D&G fur coat, mine’s bag only.” Yuri jokingly requested.

“Yah Yuri-unnie! I’ll buy you things if I already save that much.” She complained childishly.

On the other hand, Jong-In was not really in his best mood. He was silent since he woke up early in the morning and was quiet all along.

“Jong-In, not feeling okay?” Chanyeol asked his cousin in a concerned tone.

He was completely spacing out that he did not notice his older cousin’s presence, as the latter earned no response from him.

“I see, it’s all about Uncle Yunho and Aunt Taeyon again.” The animated gentleman concluded his younger cousin’s cause of mood swing. “Jong-In, I know I’m not in the right position to tell you this since you cannot call me the best son in our family, but try to loosen a bit. Your parents left you, it’s given, but I’m sure they’re not happy seeing you all sulky. They left you with a purpose and it is all in your hands whether you want to live happily or in grief because they’re gone, but I’m sure they don’t like seeing you like that. And please don’t hate the place for it all happened there.”

“I’m trying.” The heir responded to his older cousin’s advice flatly.

The animated gentleman felt defeated and just walked his way to his friends and joined them. He then shifted his mood from being defeated to hype when he joined them.

“Soo, Yul, Yoong, what’s up? What’s up my pretty noonas?” he high five the three as he coolly complemented them.

“Yeollie, I’m doing fine wazzup with ‘ya doug?” the shikshin playfully rap along.

“Chanyeol, you did not even include me.” The milady teasingly complained as she crossed her arms on her chest, pretending that she got upset.

“Oh, sorry Joo Hyun-noona.” The animated gentleman shyly apologized.

“But Joo Hyun-noona doesn’t fit gangster, you’re exceptional.” He eventually admitted, as he let out his famous toothy smile to the latter.

“Yeollie, it’s the second time, the last time you kissed her on the cheek and now you’re telling pick up lines. You tell us do you have a crush on our maknae?” Sooyoung teasingly asked, as the girls laughed along including the milady.

“Well, I kind of admire Joo Hyun-noona.” He admitted as he rubbed his nape due to loads of embarrassment.

“Well, at least you’re more of a man who can admit his feelings. Unlike that little boy over here.” the doe-eyed girl whispered audible enough to the four of them, as she pointed a finger to Jong-In who was boxing out himself that moment.

“Yoong!” the milady immediately whined, elbowing the latter.

“What?” the doe-eyed girl asked projecting her alligator grin, and teasingly whispered, “I’m just stating a fact right?”

And the pranksters continued their all-time favorite habit – which is teasing the maknae as they wait for the private plane that was prepared for them.

Few minutes later and Butler Kang signaled the husband and wife to finally enter the private plain as they were about to set off.

“Young Master, Milady please take care and if you need anything call me immediately.”

“We’ll be off, don’t worry Butler Kang we will call you if there’s anything important.”  The milady responded as she waved her hand to her the butler and to her other friends.

“Seohyunnie! Have fun and take care, don’t forget our requests!” Yoona, Yuri, and Sooyoung said in chorus.

“Joo Hyun-noona, Jong-In, you two take care!” Chanyeol shouted.

The young master’s mood really did not changed he became more blunt as he first entered the private plane.

Before entering the air-craft the milady saw Mr. Wu who just arrived at the back of her other four friends.

“Mr. Wu!” she called him as the mysterious gentleman went near her.

“You take care Joo Hyun.” He reminded her half-panting. “And yes, I told you to call me Wu Fan-oppa right?”

The milady became shy upon the gentleman’s reminder, “Y-yes, I’ll take care Wu Fan-oppa.”

He then patted her head before saying good bye to his pupil. “Have a great time there.”

All of her friends including the butler became frozen on their positions because of the scene, and even the heir who was indifferently sitting down on the plane seat and was already resting his chin on his palm averted his gaze when he heard a familiar cold voice of a man who was speaking to his wife.

The sight of the mysterious gentleman patting the head of the milady surprised him as he turned his gaze.

His mood extremely swung to its worse

“Kim Joo Hyun.” He called his wife in a stern tone.

She then immediately went to her plane seat and waved her good bye to the mysterious gentleman.


An hour has passed since they depart from land. Silence filled the whole plane as the heir portrays a smug look and chose not to bother his wife’s business. And the milady knew that her husband was not really in his best mood and chose to busy herself in reading Ban Ki Moon inspirational. Until his mood swing got into the top.

“Wu Fan-oppa, tsss.” He hissed in exasperating tone.

He earned no attention from his wife who was engrossed on reading her favorite self-improvement book that made him even more annoyed for being ‘neglected’.

“Wu Fan-oppa, huh? Tsss.” He hissed even louder enough for her to be distracted.

“Neh, Jong-In?” she asked as she snapped out from being so focused.

He then stubbornly crossed his legs and crossed his arms as he flatly sat on his seat. Definitely, he was just getting his wife’s attention.

“Jong-In-ah, what is it?” she asked again.

He rolled his eyes and heaved a sigh, and mumbled to himself, “What’s up with calling him oppa when he’s just months older than you?”

“What are you talking about Jong-In?”  She asked him once more as she heard some of his incoherent words.

“Nothing.” He responded flatly.

She shook her head in disappointment, “Jong-In-ah, don’t you think you’re acting too childish these days? If you’re not going to talk about things to me then I’m not gonna understand you.”

He then shifted his body and turned his back to her, “I’m not childish!”

“Then what do you think are you doing now?” she asked defiantly.

“Nothing. It depends on how you judge what I am doing that’s why I look childish to you.” He reasoned out.

“Then don’t act like such, and I won’t look at you as childish.” She sharply uttered rather scolding him.

“Who cares? Then just talk to your Wu Fan-oppa instead of bothering yourself talking to me.” He annoyingly countered his wife’s words.

This time,he really got into her nerves, not just making her eyebrows furrow, not just making her exhale heavily in her nose, but also making her boil her temper like literally. If there’s a raw egg that would be put on her it would definitely be cooked. It was her first time to feel such annoyance towards him. ‘Jong-In, are you really pushing me to become a wife-nagger to you?’ she thought.

But then patience is one of her virtues in life, and she as a prim and proper milady would not buy such attitude. She then decided to just get back from what she was doing and ignore the immature heir - who she cannot fully understand the real problem.

Hours passed again and they are nearly approaching London.

For unknown reasons, the heir was really having extreme mood swings. He was irritated by the way the milady just treated him – but partially because the milady was really getting closer and closer to her ethics instructor that she even calls him now Oppa, and now that there are only two hours left before they arrived in the said city of United Kingdom, his memories of his dark past was chasing him, adding more fretfulness to his already burdened chest.

He was staring blankly at the white clouds seen outside the window of the private plane. He remembered something in his past that made him feel more down.

‘ Taeyon-umma, I’m going to visit you and Yunho-appa again. It’s been ten years since I’ve visited your tombs there, I’m sorry if I purposely did not visit you there. It’s because I really hated not being around you two. I was always thinking so many what ifs if I grew up with you. Now I’m with my wife, and actually Harabeoji chose her for me. I wonder if she’s like you mom, if you just stayed a little longer… and why am I seeing you got shot in front of me if you died with appa on the plane crash?’

His deranged thoughts bewildered him and totally bothered him at that moment. He knew that London would cause him great impact again because it’s the place where the worst events in his life took place, and the mystery of his parent’s death perceiving his mother’s death was because of a gun shot and not through an aircraft accident in his occasional dreams.


When he finally sobered, he then shifted his attention to his wife who was already taking a nap. He just realized that they sat two seats apart from each other for the whole time - he just isolated her again.

‘If I go closer to her now I think she’s going to be angry at me again.’ He thought.

He then just contented himself to just stare at her at that moment.

He observed the way she sleeps, the way her eyelashes were far way longer and curly compared to a typical Korean girl, her pointed nose, her chubby cheeks that make her cute despite her prim and proper and very lady-like appearance, and the wavy hair that complements her facial features very well – he concluded, ‘My wife’s not that bad.’

He then subconsciously transferred to the seat right next to her and took a closer look of his sleeping wife.

‘Her cheeks were even glowing. Does she wear heavy make-up now?’ he thought leaning closer to her face.

When their faces were just an inch away he stopped, as he heard her mumbling incoherent words – she was dreaming. He then listened to what she was saying.

“Jong-In…stay away…your girls.” She mumbled.

He got mentally smacked that she was even confronting him in her catnap, ‘Do you think that I’m that polygamous? I told you I’m a one-woman-man.’

But then, her facial features got him all absurd. For some blurred reasons, every time he stares at her intently he forgets about everything – including his worries, and his ‘other’ girls, he just wished he could just turn things into slow motion.

He just stayed like that for a moment, frozen and was only an inch away from her that his breath was obviously felt by the latter. Little did he know, Joo Hyun was already half awake observing the way he got stuck in his position.

“Jong-In-ah.” She softly whispered.

Her voice was like a song to his ear, but realizing that the person who called his name was his wife he was secretly stalking at that particular moment, he literally cringed to his seat.

‘Now she’s definitely going to kill me.’ He fearfully thought.

“I thought you don’t want me to bother you.” Her initial statement smacked him mentally.

“Not anymore, I find it boring there, so I moved here.” he let his off-the-hook reasoning again.

“Jong-In-ah, you open up to me.” She straightforwardly said, pertaining to what was bothering him all along.

He doesn’t want to talk about it, though it was undeniably bothering him all along. But then he thought that maybe a piece of his thought would not really bite, he then asked, “Will you stay with me even if I throw tantrums again?”

She did not fully understand what he really wanted to convey, but of course it’s undeniable that she would, “Yes. Until the day you learn how to open up to me.”

“There are things that can make me dislikable Joo Hyun; I wonder if I throw tantrums more often will you be able to handle me?”

“Is that because of Wu Fan-oppa?” she suddenly asked rather teasing him.

‘It is one, maybe ¾ of my mind full reasons!’ he bashfully thought as he heard his wife call his Kris-hyung Wu Fan-oppa for the second time.

“Wu Fan-oppa, tsk!” he gave her an annoyed look, “I thought you’re different from other girls who calls the guys they have a crush on Oppa, even if the latter is just months older than them.”

She just then chuckled for knowing how Jong-In who was always serious can be so random and childish in occasional moments like that moment.

“Perhaps, you’re just jealous.” She coolly concluded.

“No I’m not.” But his facial expression said it all.

“Yes you are.”

“No I’m not.” He argued for the last time as he planted a soft kiss to her cheek and rested his head on her shoulder. “I’m tired arguing with you, can I just sleep in here?” he then shut his eyes tight not moving an inch near her.

In the end, Joo Hyun was still the one defeated. The heir could be random, he could also be moody, and his childish side makes him even crazier. And she might just end up like him, if she does not clear her feelings sooner.