Their Play Pretend and Discoveries

The Heir's Love Story

It has been the third day of Grand Master Kim's stay in the mansion. And as sages and butlers doubled the security of the household, the 'husband-and-wife' continues their game of play pretend with the old master.

Fortunately, the two did not have to sleep on the same bed together like the first day of the old master's stay. Jong-In went back to his new found companion sofa, and Joo Hyun was already at ease sleeping in his bedroom without the clever master and the head butler peeping on them during dawn.

"Let's do this!" Jong-In encouraged his wife as they exited the room together that morning as he extends his hand to her.

The play pretend starts once they step out of the heir's room.

She was hesitant to hold him as she look around to see if there's someone gnawing on them.

"Hey Joo Hyun." he got her attention still extending his hand for her told hold him. She then held her husband this time and walked their way to the great hallway leading to the main staircase of the mansion.

"Please bear the situation until tomorrow." Jong-In softly whispered to her ear as they walk down the main staircase of the mansion.

She then nodded, though her hands were starting to sweat hard for feeling uneasy and at the same time because of his grip.

"Now smile." he whispered to her again as most of the household members and workers see them walk hand-in-hand that morning.

To no avail she smiled, as a pinkish tinge on her cheeks eventually appears letting all the workers see them together like a real Mr. and Mrs. Kim.

As they make their way down, Jong-In immediately eyed a familiar lady with her beautiful eye-smile. It was his Tiffany-noona who was smiling gladly seeing them together.

"Good morning Young Master, Milady." the fashion designer blissfully greeted the both of them as they near her.

'Tiffany-noona, how could you get prettier and prettier each time I get to see you?' he secretly thought to himself as his hype eventually became obvious with her wife who was holding him. His boyish smile was permanently plastered on his face at that moment.

Being aware of her husband's unrequited crush towards the older girl, she just shrugged the idea and faced it naturally.

"Good morning Tiffany-noona!" Jong-In greeted the fashion designer as if he was the happiest little boy who received the tastiest candy ever.

"Good morning Tiffany-unnie." Seohyon nooded and politely greeted the older girl.

The fashion designer started patting the heir's head as if he was still the little boy she used to look over ten years ago.

"Gosh Jong-In, you've really grown a lot." she uttered rather nostalgically. "Good thing this beautiful young lady here has become your wife."

Seohyun's cheek eventually got pinkish tinge due to the fashion designer's complement.

'Tiffany-noona, I also look good with you if only you were a bit younger definitely you would.' he thought as he furrow his eyebrows due to her constant patting his head. He then jokingly complained, "Tiffany-noona, you're ruining my hairdo early this morning!"

The fashion designer then stopped and crossed her arms on her chest,

"Aren't you ashamed of whining in front of your Wife?" the fashion designer started teasing the heir and emphasizing the last word of her sentence.

The heir was taken aback with the statement and eventually let go of his wife's hand out of embarrassment.

Jong-In and Joo Hyun then shyly looked at each other.

"And now you let go of her hand?" the fashion designer teasingly asked him again. "You still like a little kid Kai-ah. Tsk! Tsk!" she shook her head.

She then diverted her gaze to the milady and pinched her puffy cheek.” How is our milady doing? Did you like the clothes I sent to you last week? Omo, you're too cute and you're getting more and more beautiful Joo Hyunnie."

"Kamsahamnida Tiffany-unnie, I like those clothes very much. Thank you again for making clothes for me." the milady shyly thanked the fashion designer.

"Yah Tiffany-noona, why just being nice to her and not to me?" the heir childishly complain.

"It's because you're constantly whining Jong-In." the older girl reasoned out.

"I'm not." he answered back. "You've been gone for a month and you're even like that to me." he complained again.

"My-my dongsaeng you just miss your Tiffany-noona so much." the fashion designer randomly then grabbed his hand and put it with the milady's hand again. "Kai-ah, you can miss noona so often now. You're not my little Jong-In anymore."

"Noona, you're too full of yourself. Who said that I miss you?" the young hair childishly shot back again.

"Fine. Fine Kai-ah." the fashion designer playfully shooed them away as she was also about to go upstairs and do her work.

"I'm just kidding Tiffany-noona!" he took back his words.

She was already walking upstairs when she turned back again and reminded them, "Ah, yeah you two, Grand Master Kim wants to see you in the garden." she pointed her index finger to them. "Don’t forget to go okay, especially you, Jong-In before you get off to work."

"Kamsahamnida Tiffany-unnie." the milady politely nodded.

"I got it Tiffany-noona." he signaled the older girl with an okay sign.

And with that they went to the garden to meet his old man who was waiting to see them.

 


The old master was reading current events in the news paper while having a cup of tea in the mansion's garden when the two of them came to greet the old man and started to perform their play pretend.

Before greeting the old man together, Seohyun deeply inhaled as she turns her acting mode with her husband.

"Good morning Harabeoji." the heir greeted his old man in an unusual lively tone.

"Good morning Grand Master Kim." she greeted the old master with her usual shy yet polite way.

"Good morning my Mr. and Mrs. Kim." the old master warmly smiled at them as his attention was caught with their hands intertwined to each other.

"It's really good to see our household's husband-and-wife together this early." the old master remarked.

"It's also good to see you well and relaxed Grand Master." the milady politely responded.

"Joo Hyun-ah, I'm really glad that you married my Jong-In. You've really grown as a fine young lady today. It's all thanks to my dear Butler Seo, I am thinking that he's really happy seeing you two together now." the old master heaved his sentiments out as he remembers his dear companion.

She warmly smiled to the old master.

"Jong-In-ah what are your plans for today?" he asked his grandson as he averted his gaze to him.

"I'm going back to work today harabeoji." he then looked at his wife projecting a 'lovingly' smile as he squeezed her hand. "But before that I'll just walk her to the study area for her ethics class."

She did not know how to react with his actions that she just flashed an awkward smile towards him as her ears started to feel hot as well as her face.

'Good heavens please make us look like a real couple until tomorrow and send Grand Master Kim overseas immediately.'she pleaded mentally.

"Okay then you take care Jong-In. And you too Milady." the old man smiled at them as he reads his newspaper again.

"You too Harabeoji, have a great day." the heir remarked before they walk their way to the study area.

But before that, the Grand Master deeply sighed and makes another remark that rang to the both of them. "I'm really getting old. Please you two give me a great-grandchild sooner."

Joo Hyun gulped all her liquids inside with the sudden remark.

'You think that’s easy?  Old man is really demanding! 'he mentally mocked his grandfather.


Mr. Wu already waiting for the milady when the two of them got into the study area.

"Good morning Young Master. Good morning Milady." the ethics instructor greeted them in his usual cold yet gentleman manner.

"Good morning Mr. Wu." his pupil greeted back.

"Good morning Kris-hyung." the heir coldly shot back as he intentionally pulled his wife beside him while still holding her hand.

The act was very unusual and unnatural for the mysterious gentleman's sight. He let a cold chuckle after glancing on their hands together for a millisecond.

Kris' actions instinctively annoyed the heir, as if every move the mysterious gentleman makes was a doze of horse steroid that every time he sense his presence he instantly transforms into his Ogre mode.

But he needs to keep his cool - a gentleman is cool even in front of an annoying contender. He then intentionally kissed milady's forehead as he took a millisecond devious stare back to the mysterious gentleman. "Joo Hyun-ah, I'm going home early today."

As a result, the milady's lips went agape. She never expected such move from her husband even if they were play pretending that day. And yes, the fact that they should just play pretend all amorously intimate was in front of the Grand Master not in front of her ethics instructor.

The mysterious gentleman eventually furrowed his thick eyebrows. 'Does he think I'm going to buy that?' he then averted his gaze to his dumbfounded pupil as the heir walk his way out of the study area.

"A meter away, Kris-hyung." he reminded the mysterious gentleman as he waved his hand without looking back at them.

It was unclear if it was a reminder though it sounded more like a threat to the mysterious gentleman's hearing.

It took him a moment to shrug it off and began his lessons with the milady.

"So Joo Hyun, let's start."

The milady merely nodded her head in response.

The whole thing made Joo Hyun distracted for the whole time that Mr. Wu decided to end their lessons in the afternoon.

"Joo Hyun, you're spacing out again." he sounded blunt for scolding his pupil.

Upon hearing his remark the milady mentally slapped herself. She was haven't gotten over with the forehead kiss her husband just did to her early in the morning, but what's bothering her more was his obvious instinctive fury towards Mr. Wu.

"Okay, let's end our class here. Joo Hyun."

"Mr. Wu. May I ask you something?" she suddenly blurt out.

"What is it?"

"It's about Jong-In and you. I wonder what's up with you two. I dont see anything wrong about you. You're a kind instructor to me. It's just that heiress Jung opened up something about you two several days ago."

"What is it you want to know?" his tone was giving her a sense to not beat around the bush anymore.

"It's about Jong-In's injury. Heiress Jung told me that you have something behind that." her tone got serious.

The mysterious gentleman got bowled over for a moment; he did not really want to open up their dreadful childhood for it was his biggest regret in his life.

“If you’re not ready to talk about it Mr. Wu, then it is okay.” She attempted to retreat her inquiry seeing the ethics professor frozen from his seat.

But the mysterious gentleman decided to speak up, “If I tell he story to you right now you might have a different perception about me.”

“I just wanted to know the story behind it; I don’t really have the intention to interfere. I promise Mr. Wu.”she uttered sincerely.

"You better hold on to that." his gazed towards the young lady have gotten deeper.

 

It was the first time that the milady saw her ethics instructor with such saddened gaze. He was usually cold and full of mystery, but it seemed that the gentleman who was in front of her that time was different.

"I was the one who caused Jong-In's back injury." he admitted without beating around the bush.

She could not believe what he has revieled, she sees him as a very kind, harmless gentleman despite the fact that he has his mysterious side. If she will feel angry without even letting him tell his side of the story then she will be immature so she chose to what was the particular situation situation that put him to do that to her husband, she asked, "And what was the particular event that happend why you did that to Jong-In?"

He earned a stung chest with the question. Hence, he still answered it, "It was when I was thirteen years old, when I and Jong-In had a taekwondo sparring. He was a very aggressive child back then that I already told him I will not be easy to him anymore but he really did understand what I told him."

He paused for a moment as he took a deep breath before continuing.” I’ve already beaten him up that time, but Jong-In was really persistent that he still attacked me. I wanted to tell him to stop, but like what you can see from him right now he is the type that do not let go that easily."

"And?" she abridged feeling impatient, she furrowed her eyebrows.

"When I countered his attack I accidentally hit his back."

Regret filled his eyes that made it obvious from the milady's sight.

"And you know what really makes me feel burdened all these years?"

"W-what?" she asked as she feels a tinge of empathy to the confessing gentleman who was in front of her.

"Jong-In's dream is to become a Ballerino." He chuckled sounding desperate. "And I took it from him."

 

Her feelings got mixed up at that time. Anger because the fateful event that happened to her other half, sympathy towards the regretful gentleman who was in front of her confessing what he had done wrong in the past and guilt that she was the one who triggered her husband's dreaded situation after of so many years that he has contain himself for doing what his passion and it was all put into vain because of her carelessness as the incident in the jockey course kept replaying inside her mind.

Her eyes grew watery, 'The more that I think of it, this time it's my fault and Jong-In's not blaming me and pretending that he's all fine in front of me.'

The mysterious gentleman noticed her sudden silence, and asked, "Are you thinking of what had happened several days ago?"

She merely nodded as her tears slowly started coming out from her eyes.

"He never told me about it."

"You know him; he cannot let his cool go down even to you. He needs to be tough all the time, he cannot be an heir if he's going to weep like what he was like before." he chuckled remembering his little dongsaeng he used to look over.

"Are you saying that because you're also an heir like Jong-In?" her tone was frail but at the same time a pry.

He just nodded.

"But did you ever try to apologize to him?" she asked again.

That simple question struck him. He did not dare to apologize to him even once the moment he cowardly ran out of the dojo and even when he departed for China.

He contained it, he chose to stood up for his proud attitude rather than making a simple apology that made the heir hate him.

"I did not, that's the worse part of it." he faintly smiled.

"Why didn't you?" she was bewildered with his way.

He shrugged his shoulders and said, "What's the reason for sorry when things were already said and done. The time that I chose to ran because I got scared seeing what I did to him, I knew that it's useless to apologize. I accepted that Jong-In's going to hate me."

"You should try even if it's late Mr. Wu, it's not because you're also an heir like him does not mean you're pride's going down if you apologize sincerely." she encouraged the mysterious gentleman who seemed to be projecting ironical statements to him.

"How do you know about my being an heir?" the mysterious gentleman furrowed his thick eyebrows.

"Krystal also told me about it Mr. Wu Fan."

He let out a small chuckle upon hearing his Chinese name.

"I thought someone already exposed my identity on the internet. My family have been paying millions to Yahoo and Google to hide my private life."

"I guess being that's how your lives go." she heaved a sigh.

"And you too sooner." he replied.

She reached his hand with hers, "Just don't be afraid to try, I don't like seeing you two arguing in front of me."

He did not respond to the milady's last words anymore and just watched their hands together.

'I'm afraid that even if I do that, there are other things that he will hate even more about me Joo Hyun.'


 

 

Meanwhile, Grand Master Kim and Head Butler Kang was having a conversation in one of the enormous classic veranda garden of the mansion when the fashion designer accidentally overheard their conversation as she walked her way to her office.

She then hid herself from the tall walls enough to hide and hear them.

"Please investigate about the hoax that occurred 10 weeks ago Head Butler Kang. I'm afraid that that internet scandal could ruin the reputation of our Milady."

"G-Grand Master, there's something you need to know about it."

"I assume that you've already made a move about it, then that's a good job Butler Kang."

"Grand Master..."

"What now Butler Kang?" the old master seemed to be displeased with the Butler's constant stammering.

"Actually, I was the one who put them onto that internet scandal Grand Master Kim."

"What?" the voice of the old master was already roaring. "You did that internet scandal? We're you thinking that the content of that article was too much for the Milady?"

"I-I only did that because young master s-seemed to be disinterested marrying Milady Kim t-that time. I-I just did that to help the young master. I deeply apologize for making such hasty move Grand Master." the voice of the old butler was already trembling in terror.

"Good thing you know that it's hasty!" the old master growled furiously. "Make sure to clear things up within ten days. I'll let my grandson and the Milady spend their week in London, you'll never know what I can do if that thing will ever surface again."

"I-I perfectly understand Grand Master."

"Don't let anyone know about this Butler Kang! I'll let you pass today!"

'So Head Butler Kang was the one who made all the scandal? I should tell it to Jong-In, but should I tell it now?' the fashion designer thought as she sneakily went into her office.


 

As what the heir has promised the Milady, he went back home earlier than usual.

It was also Joo Hyun's first time watching television shows together with the old master. She was also watching television with young master Park and the mysterious gentleman.

"Joo Hyun." he called his wife's name as he loosened up his bow-tie.

Her husbands voice instinctively gave her that it's time again for their play pretend and she stood up from her seat and immediately went to the heir's side.

"How's your day today Jong-In?" she asked as she helped her husband remove his bow-tie.

"I'm a bit tired; I want to eat dinner earlier."

The grand master was very pleased to see the two together while the two younger gentlemen were seemed to be rather disgusted and bowled over with the scene.

"You should have gone later we're watching SNSD-TTS you know!" Chanyeol remarked.

The heir just proudly showed off to his older cousin and jest, "Chanyeol-hyung, just get married too if you want." and he turned his gaze to his wife. "How was your day Joo Hyun?"

The milady averted her gaze to her ethics instructor and warmly projected a smiled, "It was a very fine day Jong-In."

Her gaze to the ethics instructor eventually ruined his good mood. Indeed, it was a play pretend day for them both - jest for his grandfather. But jest is synonymous to the word joke - and jokes were usually half meant.

"Jong-In-ah,good thing you're here already. I just thought that you two haven't spend your quality time together alone. So I decided to give you a week break going to London." the grand master broke out.

The milady instantly went hyped, it will be her first time going outside the country and it's one of her dream places-London.

"Jong-In-ah." she tugged to his sleeve happily. "I never thought I could evee go there, it's a dream come true for me."

"London." he bluntly uttered the name of the place and faked a smile to his wife. 'How could I be happy? That's where I lost them.'