The Grand Master's Arrival

The Heir's Love Story

It's not all the time that the most affluent person in Asia does things smoothly. The fact that he is the most affluent person in the biggest continent means he also face big problems like the continent.

Grand Master Kim decided to go home in the mansion from overseas since he just received threats from competitors.

One fateful afternoon when he was alone in his office reviewing the annual ratings of the company he received a threat inside a gift box that says that he needs to pass over the company not just to one person but let it become a corporation or else the current sole heir will be in great danger once he takes over his position.

He did not know whether it's a forewarning that the tradition of passing on the sole heir to each Kim's should be stopped or it's completely a hoax threat of another competitor company that wanted to become more affluent than the Kims by ruining the their family's tradition.

Being the sole heir Kim, one should be honed hard, one should be a critical thinker and be very competitive, one must be upright and one must be knowledgeable in the business world. And unlike any other heir of the other companies, the Kim's heir cannot live his life in greed.

Grand Master Kim does not want Jong-In to become a dog like the others that's why he honed him to grow as the gentleman he wanted him to be. But his main problem is that his grandson does want the wealth alone which indicates a sense of greed in him.

'If only you knew your Yunho-appa Jong-In, he was double the stubborn than you are and he also does not want your Taeyon-umma at first but when he eventually fell for your mother the company was at its peak. It's because he knew how to give when he was with her.' he thought as he heaved a sigh watching the clouds from the window of his private plane.

Few moments later, the old master called Head Butler Kang, "Head Butler Kang, is Jong-In and milady Joo Hyun in there?"

"Yes, they are here Grand Master."

"Do they know about my arrival?"

"They do know about your arrival within this week Grand Master, but they dont know the exact day."

"That's good, because I'll be there in two hours. I want my arrival to become secret as possible I want to silently observe the progress of those two."

"T-Two hours?" the old butler stammered, "Why did you not inform me earlier Grand Master? The mansion did not prepare well for you."

"It's better that those two would not know about my arrival, and why would I always inform you ahead of time when your task is to be ready all the time?" the old master shot back.

"W-well of course, I haven't informed the household chef to cook your favorite foods Grand Master."

"How dare you Head Butler Kang do you think that this old man only knows how to eat lamb chops?"

"W-well you love lamb chops Grand Master so I felt like panicking that you informed me so late." the head butler reasoned out.

"And you're reasoning out like that?" the old master began scolding the poor butler.

"N-no Grand Master." the poor butler almost lost his remaining life for his master's scolding.

"No need to prepare my favorite foods." the old master calmed his tone. "And don’t pay a warm welcome for me, tell the few senior butlers that I'm going to enter at the secret entrance of the mansion."

"As you wish Grand Master."

"Okay then, I'm hanging up."

Head Butler Kang heaved a heavy sigh of relief right when the Grand Master hung up.


Like a typical day, the two spent their time separately.

Jong-In was reading a book while lying on a couch in the mansion's garden since he needed to take a break from work after the accident while Joo Hyun was having her ethics lessons with Mr. Wu.

When he felt bored while reading he decided to stop and take a nap as he covered his face with a Keroro throw pillow.

He was about to take a full nap when someone smudged the pillow on his face that caused him to panic.

"Yah!" he sounded loud enough to be heard by the other people inside the mansion as he immediately pulled the arm of the person and the person automatically tumbled on him.

When Seohyun heard her husband's voice she immediately ran to the part of the garden where he was spending his spare time reading. Mr. Wu immediately followed her.

"Ouch Jong-In!" Krystal complained.

They were in awkward position when the milady and the ethics instructor found them. The heiress was on top of the heir.

"Yah! You almost killed me." he argued.

"Jong-" before she could make a sound she got frozen from where she was standing.

The heir heard his wife called him even if she was cut so he averted his gaze to the open entrance of the mansion leading to the part of the garden where he was, and saw his wife standing there in shock as the mysterious gentleman was about to approach her.

"Joo Hyun-ah!" he called her. He then immediately stood up and approached his wife.

When he got near her, he also got frozen and did not know what to say.

"I-I thought there was something." she broke out the silence between them.

"I'll just -" she was about to retreat back when Jong-In pulled her hand.

"Joo Hyun-ah..."he really wanted to utter a word but he got tongue tied again.

"Let's go Joo Hyun-ah." unexpectedly the ethics instructor held her other hand as he wanted them to go back from where they came to continue their interrupted lesson.

Both men held her hands as they started another bout of staring. The heir did not want to held back his wife's hand not until the heiress broke in.

"Jong-In, just got here because I have to inform you that Dongguk's Medical Department chose us to represent Korean pre-medical association to compete in an inter-Asian battle-of-the- wits this coming December." But the heiress was constantly visiting him for three straight days since the incident happened.

Upon hearing the good news he averted his attention to the heiress near him.

"Huh? Really?" the news got him no surprise but happiness and overflowing pride, he always wanted to bout with other schools for quiz bees.

"Yes. This time we're not just going to compete with universities in here, we're going to compete with Singapore, China, and Japan! Isn't that cool partner?" she elaborated excitedly.

"Of course that's cool. Not just cool it's awesome." his smile got permanently plastered on his face at that moment, he almost forgot that he was holding his wife's hand.

"Congratulations to the both of you, I-I'll be cheering on." the milady faked a smile as she retracted her hand from her husband's grip. "Gotta go, I still have my lessons."

She then followed her instructor to head back to the study area as he was holding her hand.

 

He got dumbfounded as he and the heiress watched the two fade from their sight.

"Wu Fan-oppa and Joo Hyun-unnie seem to appear close from what can I see.” heiress Jung let out what was on her mind.

He remained silent for a second and changed the topic, "So when is the competition again?"

"December." she bluntly replied. "Hey are you jealous? I was just kidding you know."

He did not respond to the heiress question again.

As they sat on the couch again, the heiress clung on his arm, and said, "Don't worry you have me though."

"Bwo?" he got tongue tied of what he heard.

"Nothing. You really dont know how to joke you know!" she reteated back her words.

 

On the other side of the mansion, Joo Hyun cannot avail to give her full focus on their lesson. She was pre-occupied with the scene she just witnessed awhile ago.

"So Joo Hyun can you tell me the other archaic equivalents of the word Yes?" Mr. Wu asked as he noticed his pupil who was spacing out.

"Joo Hyun." he called her attention.

"Uh? Ah." she stammered as she was not really paying attention to his question.

"What are the archaic or formal equivalents of the word Yes?" he repeated his question.

"Ah Yes. Well...the archaic equivalents of Yes are Certainly, and Indeed." she answered almost absentmindedly.

He cannot continue his lesson and teach her properly as she kept on spacing out so he decided to take a break as he close the English book he was holding, "We better have an early break now Joo Hyun, you keep on spacing out."

"I-I'm sorry Mr. Wu." she apologized almost whispering.

"I see that you were bothered with the scene you just witnessed earlier." he suddenly brought out.

"Eh?" she did not know what to reply at first and eventually denied. "N-No, not at all Mr. Wu."

Mr. Wu shifted his usual cold mood into a warm one, and asked the girl sincerely, "Didn't I told you to treat me as your companion before?"

She nodded.

A small smile formed on his face, as he warmly gazed at the milady, and eventually held her hand, "Apparently aside from knowing you as my student, I also wanted to know you personally."

She did not know what to respond with his sudden act.

"Let's be real friends from now Joo Hyun. Let us know each other more personally."

She remained speechless as her system got all tensed with the mysterious gentleman's revelation.


Few hours past and the heir, together with the milady, young master Park and heiress Jung ate lunch together.

Like their usual lunch setting Jong-In sat across Joo Hyun except for the fact that Chanyeol sat on the opposite of Krystal adjacent to the milady and the heiress sat at the opposite of the animated gentleman adjacent to Jong-In.

And like the usual lunch routine the husband-and-wife rarely talk to each other and eat, except for the fact that the heiress was the one who kept on conversing with the heir during that lunch.

Chanyeol was used of the milady's shyness and quietness during meals but he never saw her feeling ill at ease before.

He then decided to move his chair nearer to the milady and start a conversation between them.

"Anything wrong noona?" He asked half whispering.

"Nothing." she bluntly answered as she plays her food.

"Yah, you don’t do that it's improper you know." he hissed at her.

"I-I'm sorry I'm not in the mood Yeollie."

"Hey smile now noona,Yeollie is here." he started to poke her cheek. He did not want to see his noona upset for it also dreads his mood.

"Is it because my dongsaeng's having fun with Krystal that's why you're like that?" he asked whispering.

Joo Hyun stopped playing her food for a second and took a glance of what was her husband was doing.

He was having a good conversation about their past competitions with the ice princess as he met his wife's eyes for a millisecond.

The milady then immediately retracted her gaze and focused to the animated gentleman who was sitting beside her.

"Joo Hyun-noona, you tell me you don’t like seeing my dongsaeng getting along with another girl eh? But those two, I've known Krystal even before Jong-In became classmates with her, they almost have the same way of thinking that's why they get along really well. You know birds of the same feather, right?"

She heaved a heavy sigh, and thought، ‘They may have the same way of thinking Yeollie, but female instincts are far more accurate than male's.'

She just then smiled at the latter.

 

On the other hand, Jong-In was doing secret glances towards his wife and his older cousin. He saw how the animated gentleman playfully poke his wife's cheek as they were talking about something that they can't really hear from the other side of the wide table.

'She seemed to be having fun with Chanyeol-hyung's company' he thought as he saw her warmly smile at the animated gentleman.

Things went like that the whole afternoon, Jong-In with Krystal having quality time talking and sharing stories to each other, while Joo Hyun with Mr. Wu taking her ethics class, and eventually with Chanyeol in her later free time - they talk, randomly play games and watch cartoon shows on the grand visual theatre of the living area. The husband-and-wife spent their day together in the same roof but with different companies without even bothering each other.

Far from their knowledge someone was already watching them the whole afternoon.


Inside the Grand Master's room the old master summoned Head Butler Kang.

"I've seen how those two really treat each other during their normal basis." he uttered in calm but rather disappointed tone.

"I see Grand Master." the head butler agreed mindlessly.

"Head Butler Kang!" the old master suddenly raised his tone, "Can't you understand what I'm trying to tell you right now? Those two, they seem to have no progress. Wu Fan and Chanyeol seem to be a lot closer to the Milady, while my grandson to the young heiress of Samsung."

"I-I deeply apologize Grand Master." the old butler cringed as he apologized. "It does not really mean that they don't have any progress with each other Grand Master. It's just those two were really passive, b-but I've seen few changes from Young Master right since the Milady came." he defended.

"Changes you say?" the master of the household uttered in a rather unconvinced tone. "Let me see for myself those improvements once I get down this dinner time."


While eating their dinner together the husband and wife got surprised of the 'sudden' arrival of the Grand Master. Both of them stood up as they nervously welcomed the old master as his arrival was really out of the blue.

"Harabeoji good evening." Jong-In greeted his grand father as he stiffly bowed his head.

"Good evening Grand Master Kim." the milady greeted the old master right after her husband in her usual polite tone.

"Good evening you two seem that you're having a good dinner together. Might if this old master join you two?" the old master projected a blissful mood as he patted the head of the milady.

'This seems unusual.' the heir instinctively thought as the old master made his way to join them.

Like the usual setting, Jong-In sat on the opposite side of Joo Hyun, and the Grand Master sat in the middle of them and the mood - quiet as usual.

"So how are you two doing?" the old master broke out.

"Busy working in the company, but I took a week of leave since my back hurts." the heir bluntly answered as he did not want to elaborate and worry the grand master for his back injury it's noted that the old man knows about his condition he just does not want him to know that it got triggered.

"You should not tire yourself if that's the case then.” The old man replied.

The old master raised an eyebrow and asked the milady, "How about our milady Kim?"

"I'm doing well Grand Master Kim, it's vacation so my Ethics class is whole day but I'm getting by each day." she let an elaborated answer.

"Then that's very good for you Joo Hyun." the old master complemented the young lady.

"How are you two going?" the old man knows how to form a follow-up question that can the two especially his grandson cringe from their seats.

Joo Hyun lowered her head as Jong-In pulled a composed response, "Of course we two are very much fine with each other Harabeoji."

"What's with you two eating on the opposite sides when the table is too big for you to occupy?" the old man sound rather interrogating that the milady cringed on her seat. Fortunately the heir knows how to play along with his old man, and replied intelligently,"Joo Hyun needs to be familiarized, Etiquette practice might as well useful in the future when we have kids."

His instincts did not fail him at that time he grasp a piece of his purpose of his sudden arrival. He then decided to play and go with the old master's flow.

"Why did you suddenly go home harabeoji is there something that happend overseas?"he asked rather playing surprised.

"Well, company problems. The usual grandson." the old man lied.” Your grandfather's getting old I just wanted to take a break besides I miss my mansion."

"I see." he briefly answered.

The three of them went on to continued their conversation while having dinner.


After they ate their typical sumptuous supper, Jong-In immediately implemented his plan to play with his grand father; he then held Joo Hyun's hand as the three of them walked in one of the wide hallways of the mansion right after eating.

"Harabeoji, I and Joo Hyun needs to go upstairs now. It had been a very tiring day for her she already wanted to rest." he excused them.

The milady just projected a dumbfounded look in front of them.

"Alright then, please have a good night together." the old master permitted them.

But before they could really walk out, the old master turned to them again and asked, "Are you two still staying in your room Jong-In?"

"Of course Harabeoji, why did you ask?" he shot back a question.

"I just asked, I was wondering if the Joo Hyun is still feeling awkward sharing room with you until now." the old man battled his wits out with his grandson.

"We share the same room now Harabeoji, we got used to it." he lied.

Indeed, his room is enormous, and they particularly share the same room but not the main bedroom in his room.


While walking their way to his room, Jong-In opened up his observation towards his grandfather to his wife.

"Harabeoji, I think he is up to something we better be careful." he told her half whispering.

"Huh? What do you mean by that?"

"Joo Hyun can we share my bed room tonight?" he suddenly asked.

"Uh." She got tongue tied for a second, "I can sleep in the sofa if you like."

"No, not that, I mean we need to sleep together in my bed tonight." he too got slightly awkward with his own suggestion.

"Waeyo?" she got bowled over because of the statement.

"It's because harabeoji might check on us tonight."

"W-we can lock the main door of the room right?"

"But harabeoji have the master keys of each room in this house, and who knows if someone put a hidden camera in my room just now."

"Is that really possible in such a snap?"

"He's more than something, he's my grandpa and he makes things a lot faster than a snap.” He forewarned her.


Inside the Grand Master's room:

"Head Butler Kang give me the keys." the old master instructed the old butler.

"Here Grand Master.” and the old butler immediately handed the keys his maste.

"Let's see Jong-In. Secrets do appear when the evening comes."


They then spent the rest of the evening watching her favorite Keroro series.

Unlike before, the heir got used to watching the great sergeant frog she loves the most. He recently started liking it. There are times that he is the one reminding her about the schedule of the infamous cartoon and there are also times that he bought her special editions of Keroro Gunsho.

It was pass 11pm when they finished watching the cartoon show. Now, they need to face the fact that they need to start the game with the Grand Master.

Jong-In was already sitting in his bed hugging his wife's life-size Keroro. Indeed, he missed his beloved king-sized bed for he was not able to sleep in it the time they got married. He did once, when he injured his back again three days ago but then he went back sleeping in the sofa the day after. On the other hand, the milady was hesitating if she's going to sleep in the same bed with him or bear sleeping beside his bed like what he does for a couple of times.

"Aren't you going here?" he asked as he taps the latter space beside him.

"Do we really have to do this?" she hesitantly asked.

"Let's just do this for this evening. Can't back out with my old man's game." he tapped the vast space beside him once again.

To no avail she sat on the opposite side of the king-sized bed and lay herself - her back facing him.

"At 1 am believe me, it's either grandfather or butler Kang who would check on us." he uttered his prediction.

She was still feeling awkward that she did not move an inch in her place and shut her eyes tight and pushed herself to sleep.

"Okay, I'm going to put Keroro as our boundary." he then lay down Keroro in between them for her to feel less awkward.

Several minutes later both of them went into dreamland.


It was already 1 am and like what the heir's prediction was two people got inside his room to invade their privacy, though his prediction was not that accurate since it was his grandfather and Butler Kang who went there together.

The bedroom was dim-lighted as they opened it. And the husband- and-wife was already in their deep slumber.

But unlike the old master's suspicion, the two were sleeping together in one bed, and the heir was hugging the life-sized stuffed frog and was tugging on his wife's waist at the same time.

"I told you Grand Master." butler Kang hissed.

"Let's go back now." the old man was still doubtful though he get to see them with his own eyes. But before leaving, the old master covered them with the bed's thick blanket.

And they soundlessly went outside the heir's room.


Unlike the worrisome evening that they have been expecting, the two had a deep peaceful sleep.

It was already early morning when Joo Hyun felt a tightened tug on her waist and felt a sudden snug of stuffy material on her face that made her woke up.

To her own surprise, she found herself hugging her beloved stuffed toy that was also embraced by her husband as his arm was also extended hugging her waist.