Agreement

The Heir's Love Story

 


The two let the doe-eyed girl go before talking about the discovery of the pictures that have thrown them into the scandal from a month ago.

Seohyun tried her best not to burst her fury until they reached the heir’s room where the two of them stayed together since they got married.

“I –“ Jong-In tried to explain himself as he keeps his pace with his wife’s heavy steps as they enter the room.

“I don’t have any idea about those pictures Joo Hyun.” He finally let out the statement he wanted to tell her as he closes the door of the room.

She then sat down on the sofa, as she let out heavy breaths of anger. She remained silent for a moment, and thought about the things that had happened between them, his instances from before that can be connected with the incident that happened from a month ago – she was thinking that Jong-In must have put her in a plot so he can gain her trust and approval for the marriage without pleading as what he did initially.

She deeply breathed in to hold herself together once more before speaking, “If that’s what you want, let be it.”

His waiting for her to speak was finally granted but he just has gotten bewildered to what she just said, “What do you mean by that?”

He then went near her anticipating for her thorough explanation.

 

“Jong-In-ah, you don’t really have to act like you don’t know. We both know how you badly want your inheritance in the first place.” Her sentences were more piercing than thousand daggers. She then faced him directly and expected for his agreement, “Right?”

 

“Joo Hyun-ah – “he was speechless, helpless that he could only utter nothing but her name. He held her from her wrist, but she immediately retracted from his grip.

“What again? We’re gonna run on streets just like what we did when I agreed to marry you?” she mocked him with her question.

He was completely bowled over by the completely different Joo Hyun that was currently talking to him. It took him a moment before he began to let his side be heard by the latter, “If you’re thinking that I ordered someone to do that hoax, I’m telling you now Joo Hyun I did not do it.”

 

She was completely bewildered as a side of her was telling her not to believe in him but there’s also a part of her that says to listen to his explanation.

 

“Joo Hyun-ah.” He grabbed the opportunity to hold both of her hands with his as the young lady was in the verge of contemplating. “I did not do it, believe me. I may have be after the inheritance but there’s no way that I would play dirty like that.”

 

He tightened his grip as he waits for her response.

She was having a hard time deciding whether she will listen to his words. Her doubt was engulfing her and her trust was starting to diminish thinking of his previous words he uttered to her when he was pleading for her approval for the marriage.

 

She then asked, “Do you still want to divorce?”

He was tongue-tied with the sudden question, he felt sudden pain as he contemplate that initially wanted that condition. He was guilty for the idea of making an agreement to divorce her after a year of marriage. He could not even move a muscle as the thought torments him at that particular moment.

“I guess your silence means yes, Jong-In.” she did not wait for his answer anymore as she stood up from the sofa and swung his hands away from hers.

He remained his mouth zipped but as she turned her back from him, he hels her hand once more.

Her eyes glisten as tears started to form from the inner sides of her eyes. She cannot let him see her cry, she need to be firm so she could let him know that her feelings cannot be played like that by anyone.

“What now?” she asked half-screaming. 

Still, no word came out from his mouth.

She then shunned away his hand and walked away.

 

He was blankly staring on the ground, still figuring out who would possibly cause the entire ruckus that happened that night, his words that badly hurt her feelings, and his inheritance versus her happiness that was put at stake all because of his selfish will.

‘It’s all true; I said those offending things to her. I cannot blame her if she will look at me as a bad person.’ The thought of what he had done were all coming back to him and has begun tormenting him.

 

 

Seohyun went inside the study area as she immediately grabbed a peace of paper and a pen.

‘I cannot be fooled this time. I cannot allow myself to fall deeper. This should stop, or else he’s going to fool me again and again.’ She thought as she writes an agreement that would legalize their divorce on the exact date of that particular day next year if they both sign in there.

Before she opens the door from the inside of the study area, her tears started to descend from her eyes. Her thought were still battling inside her head, that she was halted for a bit. But as she gathers herself again, she went out straight to him and presented him the written agreement she had written.

“What is this?” he asked without even looking at the paper.

“You’re too intelligent not to figure that out, right?” she paused, “It's a written agreement that we will divorce exactly on the same date as now next year.”

“This is ridiculous Joo Hyun.” He spoke in a low tone.

“What did you say?” she completely heard what he said but was letting him to say out what his real feelings are.

“I said this is ridiculous!” he roared our reading the context of the paper.

“It’s your idea in the first place Jong In-ah.”

 

She was letting him drift from his own belief.

“Will you sign that?” he intently questioned Seohyun, and without a word the young lady signed the written agreement she made.

He felt completely shattered at that moment; he could not process what she just did even if he saw it with his own eyes.

Tears started to fall from his eyes. Even if he’s trying to hold back – it was useless.

“What if I don't sign in here? Would you change your mind?” he then took the last glance to hi wife hoping that he could change her mind. But he did not receive a single word from her.

“Final?” he asked with his shriveling voice for the very last time.

But still, no word came out from .

‘Even if I explain it to her all over again she will not dare to hear me out. Why would you complain? This is what you really want, right? You believe that your brain can be taught how to love, so you can teach it not to love either.’ He countered his feelings as he grabbed the pen and sign the agreement as well.

Tears escaped from his eyes even harder.

“There.” He handed the paper to his wife with his hand trembling.

She could not take a single glance of her husband and just stood up and walk away. But before she could completely walk out of the room, a pair of arms enveloped her from her back.

She attempted to shrug him off of her but failed as the heir hugs her tighter.

“Jong-In is really a selfish person. I'm selfish, so let’s just stay like this for a moment, Joo Hyun-ssi.”

At first, Seohyun struggled to fight back, but her heart rather softens as she felt his tear drops as he buried his chin on her shoulder.

‘Mianhe Jong-In-ah, but I should guard my heart if you don’t really want me to be a completely different person from you’ she thought. “It’s better off this way from now on Jong-In, so one could not hurt the other.”


Morning came and so the two of them went to school

Yoona together with the other two welcomed their beloved maknae who they missed a lot.

“Hyun! Welcome back! Soo-unnie misses you a lot.” Sooyoung expressed her delight as she gives their maknae a big warm hug.

“Hyun, your hair has gotten perm now, it’s wavy! It suits you! Yoong have been bragging about you on the phone you know!” the tanned girl joined the hug.

“See? Those two were really looking for you Hyun.” Finally, the doe-eyed-girl joined the other three.

“Where’s your hubby?” Sooyoung suddenly asked.

The doe-eyed girl noticed that their maknae was not really all hyped up as she entered the room and welcomed them, and her eyes were a bit swollen.

The shikshin’s question made Seohyun to process the statement inside her mind, as the word ‘hubby’ kept on echoing inside her head.

“Jong-in-ah? We went here together this morning. Maybe he just went to somewhere.” She projected a fain smile.

Yoona concluded that something bad had happened between the two after she left the mansion. She knew it was connected about the pictures they’ve seen on the camera. She attempted to confirm it from their youngest, “What happe –“

But was cut when the maknae squeezed her hand tight. She was able to convey what her best friend meant and zipped from asking.

Jong-In was in front of the classroom door. He let her go inside first as he gathers himself together from the incident that happened between them last night.

As he enters the room, Sooyoung and Yuri greeted him animatedly. But the gentleman just nodded in return to the three and walk-pass to Seohyun like what he used to do when he was still a newbie in their class.