The Truth Is Revealed

Funny Thing Called Fate

• 2 Weeks Later •

And they did. Just like that hey had promised 2 years ago they would meet in the park every day after school. And slowly but surely Jonghyun’s feelings for Kibum grew and grew.

“Listen Kibum, I’ve been wanting to ask you something.” Jonghyun said as they walked home from school.

Kibum was surprise at the seriousness in Jonghyun’s voice. “What is it?”

“Well it’s hard for me to ask without sound completely crazy or weird but have we-”

“Kim Jonghyun is that you?” a girl squealed ruining the moment

“Se Kyung!” Jonghyun said trying to hide the annoyance in his voice. He hugged the girl that had interrupted them.

“Out of all the places I find you here! Ditching school again? You never change. Oh and you have a friend? She asked looking over at Kibum.

“This is my new roommate Kim Kibum”

As soon as Se Kyung heard the name her expression changed “Nice to meet you” she said with a fake smile

“Key this is Se Kyung my fiancé. She was finishing school in France.”

Hearing those words made Kibum’s heart sink all the way down to his feet if that were possible.

“Hi” he simply said.

“My brother’s here.” She smiled. “Why don’t you go say hi?” she said pointing to the car.

“I’ll be back” Jonghyun said the Kibum

As soon as he was out of earshot Se Kyung turned to Kibum.
“So you’re the famous Kim Kibum. I almost lost to you once and that won’t happen again.”

 “Huh?” Kibum was taken aback by the sudden change in her attitude.

“I thought I was safe after Jonghyun‘s accident with him forgetting about you but I see you found each other again” she continued

“How do you know me? What accident?”

“Everyone who knows Jonghyun knows you. 2 years ago you were all he used to talk about. The boy he met in the park. If I wasn’t mistaken I’d say that he’d fallen in love with you but that last day he was suppose to meet you he had an accident. He was hit by a car and lost his memory, short term of course.”

“How do you know all that? It‘s almost as if-”

“I was there?”Se Kyung finished the sentence for him.  She looked Kibum up and down with a cold stare. “I was so jealous of you.”  She smirked “I still can’t see what he saw in you. Even back then we were engaged and he would blow me off to be with you. I just couldn’t stand it anymore and as for the accident, who do you think caused it?” she said looking in the direction of the car.

“So you wanted to kill him because he was spending time with me?” Kibum asked examining the dent the hood of the car had. Jonghyun was had his back to the two, talking into the window, unaware of what was happening.

“No, I wanted him dead because he told his parents that he didn’t want to marry me anymore! That he had met someone else. . .you! But now that he’s forgotten you things can keep going as they’ve always been and next week Jonghyun and I will be married.”

Kibum couldn’t take it anymore. He turned and ran. She smiled as she watched the boy disappear in the distance.
“Where did Key go? Jonghyun asked seeing Se Kyung by his side and no longer talking to Kibum.

“He said he had some things to take care of so he left and he said not to wait for him.” Se Kyung lied.

Jonghyun nodded understanding “When did you arrive?”

“Not too long ago. I finished school early to here for our wedding!”
“Right, the wedding…. Se Kyung there’s something I‘ve been wanting to talk to you about.”

---

“I’m tired of this!” Jinki shouted seeing Changmin. Once again he had his face all buried up like he had been in a fight. “Every time I see you’re either hurt or are distracted by something. I want to know what the hell is going on!” He had also seen Changmin and Yunho together every now and then on the school campus. There was something defiantly going on.

Just then both of their phones buzzed. They both took out them out to see the same message:
From Jjong: Have u seen Key?

“We better go.” Jinki said “We’ll talk about this when we get back” Jinki reassured Changmin he wasn’t going to drop it.

• Student Lounge •

“He won’t answer any of us. Which can only mean 2 things” Taemin said knowing his friend.

1: he’s lost his phone and someone kidnapped him so he can’t call for help. Or 2: he’s mad and not in the mood to talk.”

“I don’t care if he’s in the mood, I just want to know if he’s okay” Jonghyun said

“Key’s not the type to just get up and leave.” Taemin said after thinking about it.

“Yes he is. Remember when we were all grounded and didn’t go play soccer with him. He wouldn’t speak to us for a week but his mom said she’d always find him in the park playing with some other kid” Minho said

• Jonghyun’s Flash back •

“I just came to visit some family I‘m leaving next week”
“Oh” Kibum said sadly
“But let’s not think about that instead let‘s meet here every day till then okay?” Jonghyun said as he handed Kibum the soccer ball
“Okay”

• End of flash back •

“What does that have to do with anything?” Changmin asked

“That kid left and never came back like he promised. Ever since then whenever Kibum is upset he‘ll go to that park. It‘s like it helps him calm down or something” Minho explained

• Jonghyun’s flash back •
“I have something to tell you” Jonghyun said suddenly
“Okay, what is it?” Kibum asked anxiously
“I can’t tell you now come tomorrow extra early. I’ll tell you then”
• End of flash back •

“Hey that’s right!” Jinki said looking over at Jonghyun knowing that he was the kid Minho was talking about.
“But what park?” Jinki asked realizing that never once had Kibum mention the park he met Jonghyun.

“We’ll look for him in the one downtown” Taemin said getting up.

“We’ll look in the one closest to the school” Jinki replied “You go look in the one by the river” he said turning to Jonghyun. With that they all took off in different directions.

---

Kibum ran until he couldn’t breathe, he ran until his legs gave out and collapsed. He just laid there. He didn’t know where he was, he hadn’t been paying attention. It was dark and cold be he didn’t care. The coldness he felt on his skin was nothing to the coldness he felt in his heart. All he could think about was how the words that Se Kyung told him earlier were killing him. `How could a women so beautiful be so cruel?`. He tried to stop them. He tried so hard but the more he tried, the more they came and he couldn’t stop the tears from falling.