Dance

Living with the Royalties

Kim Nana's POV

 

As the night wore on, I tried my best to get unnoticed by the jerk. Food was served, wine was poured. It was actually the most boring-est event ever. And for the whole dinner I sat entirely still. I only eat when I feel like it. Why must he be the Crown Prince?! Of all guys. What if I'm punished? What if I got exiled to China?! I feel like murdering myself for what I've done. No, but it's not my fault. He should be exiled and-

"Nana, why aren't you eating?" My mom asked. She placed a slice of fish on my plate. "Here, eat this." 

"Thanks, omma." It was a torture, spending one hour or more sitting very, very still. Afraid that if I moved, that baco- I mean, Crown Prince would spot me again and murder me on the spot. Ohh, my heart. 

"Whatcha thinking, ahjumma?" Someone, no let just say, he, whispered into my ear. Sending shivers down my spine. I gagged on the fish. I quickly took the glass of water and gulp it down. 

"Woah, relax. Don't be too excited to see me." he cast a smirk. "So you came." he mused as I whirled around. His eyes, dark and mysterious glimmered with amusement. Up close, he was even more beautiful, with high cheekbones and dark tousled hair falling into his eyes. My traitor hands itched, tempted to run my hands through those bangs. Horrified by my going-to-be actions, I clenched my fist tightly.

"What do you want?" I asked. 

"I just want to dance." 

"No, I don't want to dance with you, you jer-" I looked away, "-your highness" I whispered. 

"It's practically bad if you reject a Royalty" he stated. 

Damn I'm stuck. I wanted to dance. With the Crown Prince that I picture in my head. Not with this jerk!

"I-I can't dance." I crossed my arms. 

"You're a rich girl." A cool note of amusement coloured his voice. "Of course you can dance." He stretched out his hand, waiting.

I took a deep breath. When I finally put my fingers into his palm, he offered a faint smile. His skin was warm as he smoothly moved my hands to his arm. I shivered at the nearness of him. 

We left the table together and my stomach twisted when I see hundreds pairs of eyes eyeing at us. Guests around us bowed and let us through as we approached the open stage. 

My knees trembled but I kept calm. 

"Don't be scared, I'm here. Come, take a deep breath. It's just a simple dance. I'll lead." 

When we reached the stage and he bowed to the King while I curtised. The King gave a nod and he turned to face me, taking one of my hands and guiding the other to his shoulder. 

Then the music started.

 

Mr. Crown Prince stepped forward and I nearly tripped, biting my lip as I tried to match his steps. We more or less minced around the stage. With me trying hard not fall or stepping on toes, and he moving with tiger like grace. 

*Wow, he can dance*

Somewhere in this waking nightmare, I heard a soft chuckle. "Stop thinking." he muttered, puling me into a spin that ended with me against his chest. "Just close your eyes and listen to the music."

"Easy for you to say," I growled but he spun me again. "By the way is your name really Bacon?" His eyes widened. 

"Who told you that?" 

"Sehun, the guy in math class." 

"Oh, damn him. My name is Baekhyun, not Bacon." 

"No wonder I found it weird." We swirled around the stage. "So, Baekhyun huh. Why didn't you told me you were the Crown Prince." 

"I wanted," he grinned. "But you fainted before I could say, remember?" 

"Oh right." I'd forgetten about the music, and realised my body was on autopilot, sweeping over the dancefloor  as if I'd it a thousand times. For a long moment, we said nothing, lost in the music and dance. My emotions soared as the crescendo rose into the night, as if there were no one but us, dancing.

Finally, the music ceased to a stop as Baekhyun pulled me into a final spin. I ended up pressed against him, his face just inches away from mine. His eyes, bright and intense.

We stood there, as if the whole world has disappeared. Baekhyun blinked and offered a tiny smile. 

It would only take half a step to meet his lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last update before I sleep~

Hope you enjoy~

Comment and subscribe! 

Thank you! :)