Memories

Living with the Royalties

 

Nana’s POV

 

I woke in the hotel room, sore all over, Baekhyun’s lips on mine. I opened my eyes and felt everything whole again. Although drowning the second times big time.

“I can’t believe you’re kissing me in this state,” I said.

“You have looked worse,” Baekhyun said, flashing a worried smile.

“I find that difficult to believe,” I said, my voice hoarse and raspy.

I see that I was wearing my night gown and my hair was dried and I stink of chlorine. I shifted out of Baekhyun’s embrace even though it felt realllyyy comfortable in it.

“Too bad I didn’t get to see who pushed me,” I sighed. Recalling the feeling of drowning again. I shuddered at the thought of it.

“It was Miyoung,” said Baekhyun, his tone went back to serious. “I swear, if she appears in front of me again, I’m going to punch her.” He clenched his fist tightly until his knuckles turned white.

I closed my hands around his. “She will definitely have retribution. When the time comes, we’ll just sit back and enjoy,”

Baekhyun leaned forward and kissed my forehead. “Go back to sleep,”

I felt my cheeks blushing as I closed my eyes, letting all those memories appear in my head again.

 

Flashback-

 

I let those memories took over my head. Finally that hole in my head was filled in. I remembered learning swimming and most importantly, I remembered Luhan.

Ever since I’d requested to attend elementary school, instead of home schooling, I totally had no friends. I tried making friends but they either spat at me or gave me those scary looks. As if I was unwanted.

In the end, I was really unwanted.

Students out-grown me by size but I was the smarty pants in class. There was a time I accidentally blurted out the answer to a hard questions that the students in my class could not answer. I was named as a geek and a freak.

A couple of times, some girls approached me, but in the end, I realised they only wanted my wealth. The only true friends I had was my maids and butlers.

The first time I met Luhan was when I was crying by the river. I thought he was those typical bullies so I ignored him at first, however he was the one who lit up my dull world.

He was my first friend.

At that time I didn’t know he was a Prince. No wonder he had twice the amount of bodyguards than I do.

Luhan was the sweetest and the kind-est boy and he even transferred to my elementary school just so he could protect me. My days were never boring with whenever I was with him.

“Luhan, let’s get married when we grow up, so that we won’t be separated!” I said while we were riding the car home after school.

“Yes! And we can swim and play and have lots of fun!” he would then give me those gentle smile that never fails to make my heart melt.

Luhan would also join my swimming lesson that was held at my place. We often get scolding by our instructor for playing too much instead of properly learning the . I would start laughing and he would join in too.

And the nickname he gave me was ‘Little Flower’ There was once I asked him why’d he gave me that nickname, he said that I was too pretty, like the flower in his bedroom.  I wanted to give him a nickname for him but he insisted that I called him by his own name.

However, I knew this happiness was short-listed.

When I was 12, Luhan told me that he was leaving for China. He didn’t say why, and the next day he really left. Like a vanishing stunt, he disappeared out of my life. Obviously I was depressed and back to my same old routine.

When Luhan left, those punks who bullied me, came back and annoyed me again. I ignored them as usual and was forever alone.

And finally I got into a fight with one of the girls from my class. It was a cat fight by the pool while we’re having the school’s weekly swimming classes.

The girl slapped me and pulled my hair while I slashed her cheeks. We tumbled down to the ground and still fought. The teachers weren’t here and the students were happily gawking at us like we were their entertainment. I felt my lips bleeding and my scalped hurts. I stood up and she followed suit. She cornered me to the edge of the pool, the sole of my feet was already touching the water.

The pool was at least 1.8 metres deep and I was reallyyy short. *Well, I should just let her push me and i’ll swim back up* I thought even though this wasn’t a great plan.

Panic gripped me and this girl knew that I was afraid. She stretched out her hand and pushed me so hard that I my head hit the bottom floor of the pool.

I scrambled up to the surface but a heavy weight pushed me back down, I didn’t have time to catch my breath and my head pounded painfully.

It was her again, grabbing my shoulders and pushing me down. I flail my arms all over, trying to break through her. I was about to black out when he came to my rescue.

He kicked the girl away and hurriedly lifted me up to the surface. I saw Luhan face, a fresh scar appeared at the bottom of his lips.

I was about to say something when the world turned black.

 

End of flashback-

 

I woke up again. My hand reached to my head and massaged my temples after remembering my past memories.

Then I felt someone gently brushed my hands away and instead massaged my temples. My eyes flew opened and found Luhan’s orbs staring into mine. His eyes then formed a nice eye smile when he saw me.

“Having a headache?” he said.

“Yeah,” I examined his face properly after meeting him again. I still can’t believe I said that I would marry him. Ugh... children. I mentally facepalmed myself and immediately got those weird looks from Luhan.

“So I’m guessing you’ve recovered your memories, huh?”

“Yep, and you betrayed me. You left me,” I looked away,  pretending that I was pissed.

“Look, I’m really sorry for that day, it was so rushing; my parents suddenly called me back and everything was in a blur.”

I turned back to him, gesturing him to continue talking.

“After settling my business in china, I went back to the US so that I can explain everything to you. Never did I know that you were almost drowning.” He gave an airy laughter. “after saving you, you totally forget about me, and so I took this chance and went back to China for good.

“And I met you again, in Korea. It’s fated, but wow,” he finally finished while I took everything in. However there was one thing that I was uncertain about.

“Where were you, these few days? You didn’t come back to the room and you keep on disappearing.”

“I was catching the culprit. Apparently I was a step later and Baekhyun took all the glory, bad luck.”

I raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean? Then where did you sleep for the past 2 or 3 nights?”

He started laughing, “you think I would disturb you and Baekhyun’s private and sweet time?  I had official things to attend to so I slept in Sehun’s room. You could ask him if you want.”

“Oh...” Now everything makes sense. Well, it’s not like I’m doubting him or anything, I just wanted to ask.

“And congratulations for being the champion in this year’s sports festival. You deserved it.” He patted my head and I was confused. Champion? Of what?

“Huh...?”

“I caught Miyoung when she was running off from the pool and handed her to the Principal, she also confessed all of the bad deeds she’d done and even those two guys who did some stuff to your bow was also handed over to the principal.

“And as the rules state, if your other opponent is disqualified, the overall champion goes to you! You’ve opened your ears and listen while the principal is talking the next time,” Luhan shook his head while I took seconds to process this crazy-but-excellent news.

“So what are we waiting for?” I threw my covers away, “let’s celebrate!!”  My head was no longer pounding and I stood up from my bed.

“Uh... you should really change into a suitable dress or something, because...” I looked at Luhan moving his eyeballs down and up at me.

“Oh , don’t look!” I covered myself and wobbled into the bathroom, burning with embarrassment.

 I had no idea what possessed me to buy this almost transparent night gown in the first place.

*le facepalm*

 

~

Woohoo, finally!
So Luhan was not the bad guy in this story.
Lucky for him and Nana!
I can't bear to put Luhan as the bad guy. ): He's too handsome to be one.

Y'all comments are so cute, angry about Miyoung and all that, but finally got caught!
Yayness!

 

Anyway...enjoy!

<3