Back to Seoul

Living with the Royalties

 

 

KIM NANA’S POV

 

“Flight kr111 is ready for landing, please fasten your seatbelt and stay in your seat. Have a good day in Seoul, Korea. Good bye.”

I fidgeted uneasily in my seat while the air stewardess maneuvered graciously in the plane. It was beyond me that they still can maintain their balance on the plane. I swallowed a lump of my saliva and cursed silently in my head. It was never my intention to go back to Korea.

Sigh….

“May I help you, miss?” a pretty lady appeared out of nowhere.

“Uh.. No, nothing, thanks for your concern.” I gave a smile.

 

 

Twenty minutes later, the plane finally landed. I stepped out of the VIP gateway and waited for my chauffeur to pick me up. I breathed in the pleasant fresh air.

“Ahhh, feels kinda good to be home, I guess.” A black and slick car stopped in front of me. The doors swung open. A familiar looking elderly men and two burly looking body guards stepped out of the car.

“Oh, ahjussi! Long time no see!” I ran up to him and gave him a huge hug. He chuckled and hugged me back.

“Yes, Agassi. Your parents are already in the house waiting for you.” I released him and hopped into the car excitedly. “Agassi you never change at all!”

“Ya, ahjussi! Faster get into the car! I miss my parents!”

 

“So, how’s Korea? Any major changes?” I asked ahjussi.

“Not much. The Royalties are really quiet these few days. Well, everything is almost the same, ever since you left, nothing changed much.” He sighed and gave me a warm smile that I haven’t got the chance to see for so long.

“That’s good. How about my parents?” I looked out of the window. Admiring the magnificent posters hanging all over the streets of Seoul.

“They are doing great. Oh, there’s a Royal Ball on this coming Saturday, and you’re expected to attend.”

My attention shifted to him. “What? What kind of event is that?”

“I’m not that sure, Agassi. You should ask your parents.”

“I bet its some stupid stuff they planned. Ughh…” I muttered under my breath. A couple of minutes later, I arrived at my mansion. Ok, not really a mansion. Its more like my home. Stood at the entrance of the doorstep are my parents. Forgetting all my manners, I ran like a wild chimpanzee and hugged them.

“Ohhh, Nana, we missed you so much.” Omma squeezed me. Her voice is still as gentle as ever.

“Yeah, Nana, how have you been?” Appa asked.

“Amazing. Come on, let’s take a seat. I wanna see my room. It’s been loooonggg time since I’ve slept in my room.”

A maid led us to my room and I opened the door. A breath escaped my mouth.

“Like it? I purposely decorated it all pinkish for you.”Omma said.

“Of course! It’s my favourite colour. Thanks Omma!”

“Glad you liked it.” She sat on my pinky bed and gestured me to come over. I sat beside her. “You’ll be attending Royal Seoul Academy tomorrow, and as you know, the Crown Prince and a couple of the royal families will be there, so please put on your best behavior,” she swept a strand of my hair behind my ears.

“Are the Royalties that scary?”

“Ahhh…that. You’ll have to find it out yourself.” She gave me a creepy you-know-what-I-mean wink. “Rest well now, and attend school tomorrow.”

“Yes mom..”

As she walked towards the door, she suddenly turned back and say, “Oh, you’ll be dancing with the Crown Prince during the Royal Ball on Saturday.” She winked again and went off.

*What the heck did she just say?! Me dancing with a Prince? Oh well, I hope to see the Crown Prince tomorrow!*

I lay down on my bed, letting my imagination run wild. Well, to be honest, I’m kinda excited about tomorrow.