Unsaid Confession

Come Back To Me

Donghae just ran his way out soon as he get off the train. It was the longest 3 hours of his life. He wanted so bad to be with Hyukjae. He needed to know that he was ok. The news he saw this morning was shocking. It made him pack his bag and just ran off to Seoul. His mom tried to stop him, but the urgent tone on his voice made her let him go. He texted Siwon on the way and from him he get the hospital where Hyukjae was admited last night. So he went there straight from the station.

"Donghae, you're here." Siwon said as he saw Donghae right outside Hyuk's room when he just came out. Donghae just ran and hug him. "Take it easy, Hae.."

Donghae didn't say a word as he was trying to make himself calm down. Siwon tighten his arms around him. Coeing him to calm down as he could feel Donghae was trying so hard to catch his breath.

"Where have you been, Hae? We're so worried. Is everything alright with you?"

Donghae nodded as he let himself go, break free from Siwon embrace. "Hyukjae.. how is he? Can I see him? What happen?"

"He's asleep. He's ok. Don't worry.."

"But what happened last night? why he collapsed like that?"

"The doctor said he was just tired, don't worry."

"I want to see him..can I see him now?"

"Go ahead. I'm gonna go to the cafe downstairs. are you going to be ok?"

Donghae nodded. "Thanks wonnie.."

Siwon gave him a light pat on his shoulder before he go, leaving donghae stainding in front of Hyuk's ward. Slowly he opened the door and went in.

There he saw his Hyuk laying on the bed, with IV hose stucked on his left arm. His eyes shuted. Slowly Donghae put his backpack on the sofa and walked slowly toward Hyuk's bed. His heart ached again. His eyes blured out because of the tear that brimmed suddenly. He sat himself on a chair right beside Hyuk's bed and reached Hyuk's right hand and held it.

He just sat there and stared at Hyuk's pale face. He could tell from his face that Hyuk was tired. The dark circle beneth his eyes tell him all. Carefully Donghae brushed the fringe that fell on hyuk's eyes withh his finger. Hyukjae moved his head. It made donghae stopped and withdrew his hand. That was when Hyukjae opened his eyes slowly.

"Hyukkie, you're awake.... gwencana?" Donghae asked. Hyukjae blinked a few times to adjust his vision.

"Hae..?"

Donghae nodded. "It's me Hyuk. Are you alright? Let me call the doctor?"

Hyukjae caught donghae's hand when he was about to leave to call he doctor.

"I'm fine, Hae. No need to call anyone." Hyukjae said faintly. "What are you doing here?"

"I saw the news. I was so scare, Hyuk. What happen?"

Hyukjae shook his head slowly. "I don't know. Everything just went black and I last thing I know I woke up here. I'm just tired I think."

Hyukjae tried to sit up, but Hae pushed his body back to bed lightly.

"Don't move Hyuk. Just lay still and have some rest."

"Why this thing still stuck on me? I thought I already asked them to get it off me..I don't need this.." Hyukjae said as he lifted his left arm where the IV was. "Get it off me, get someone to get it off me, please.."

"No, Hyuk please you need it. You'll get better. I know how you hated needle but you need it right now, ok? Just relax and go back to sleep."

Hyukjae stared at Donghae's face. He looked straight into Donghae's eyes, it was like he needed to find an answer to a question that he didn't know how to ask. But Donghae knew what that look mean.

"I'm not going anywhere. I promise. I'll be here. Go back to sleep please.."

"I heard that before. "Hyukjae said. "You keep leaving me..."

Hyukjae's word went straight into his heart. It made Donghae lost his ability to speak. So he just stared at him. Pleading with his eyes that what hyukjae said was not true. He left because he didn't want to become a burden to everyone. He was slowing everybody down. Right now it was the best thing to do for him to leave SJ. At least that was what Donghae thought. 

"Hyuk..." Finally He managed to get his voice out. But that was all. His head went blank. He really didn't know what to say or how to say it or where and how to begin. Caling his name was the only thing he could managed. Hyukjae saw it. He knews Donghae felt uneasy. He knew donghae was confused and didn't know what to say. So like he always did, he smiled. He smiled to comfort him. He smiled to make everything easy for Donghae.

"Just kidding, Hae. You're so serious." Hyukjae said, forcing a smile. "What are you doing here, hae?"

"What else? I wanted to see you." Donghae said softly." I told you I was worry. What happen with you? It's because of me, right? you were exhausted with all the schedules and I gave you lots of trouble with my problem. YOu drove to Mokpo and back for me because I was too careless not to bring my medicine.... and.. and.."

"Stop."Hyukjae said. seeing Donghae cracking up really hurt his heart. "I'm fine, Hae."

"No you're not. If you're fine you wouldn't be here. It's my fault. I keep giving you trouble. I'm not good at everything." Said Hae. He lowered his head, his eyes looked so sad. Hyukjae could see the tears hanging on the corner of his eyes.

"This is why I left, Hyuk." Donghae said. "I'm just giving you and everyone problem. I'm slowing all of you down."

"So by leaving you will make all of us any easier? You were wrong. We need you." Hyukjae said. He grabbed Hae's hand and held it. "I need you.. more than ever."

"What do you need me for? I'm just giving you hard time."

"I don't mind."

Donghae lifted his head and looked straight into Hyukjae's eyes.

"I really don't mind." Hyukjae said sincerely. "You can giving me a hard time 24 hours 7 days a week if you want to. I wouldn't mind. It would be better than not seeing you, even just a day. I cannot bear to live without you.."

Donghae suddenly withdraw his hand from hyukjae's.

"What are you trying to say, Hyuk? I swore you sound so cheesy.. "Donghae said, trying to be funny to loosen up the tens athmosphere.

"I can't hold it back anymore, Hae. I need to tell you something." Hyukjae said. "Something that I always hold back for so long. I don't think I can hold it anymore."

Donghae cutely blinked a couple of times, he patiently waited for Hyuk to speak up. He wanted to know what hyuk's gonna say. By looking at Hyuk's face it must be really important.

"I'm not sure if this is the right time to tell you this..."

"Go ahead Hyuk. What is it? You can tell me everything. We're best friend, right?"

Best friend...

Hyukjae nodded as he heard that word. Best friend, he said. Why did his heart ache hearing that? but Hae didn't say anything wrong. He was right, they were best friends. But he wanted more than just best friend. He always love Hae, from the start, from the very beginning. But he hide them so well. But he decided not to hide it anymore. He almost lost Hae few months ago because of that lethal accident that almost took Donghae's life. He was afraid that he might  running out of chances. He didn't know how Donghae's going to take it. But Hyukjae just couldn't wait anymore. He wanted so bad to tell him that he love him.

"Hyuk? what is it?"

Hyukjae bit his lips and nodded. "I don't know if this is appropriate. I don't know how you're going to react, I don't know if this is going to change my life or yours, but I feel like I need to say this. All I know after this nothing's going to be the same anymore. I don't know if it's going to crushed our relationship or not but ...."

Hyukjae stopped and looked into Donghae's eyes. Donghae frowned, tryng to understand every single words that Hyukjae's going to say.

"Stop puzzling, Hyuk." Donghae said. "You know I'm not that smart."

"It took me forever to prepare, please be patient."Hyukjae said, a smile escaped from his lips hearing donghae innocently said that. He took a deep breath and let it go slowly.

"You know, we've been together for a long time now and I built up some sort of feeling toward you.."

Donghae frowned. He listened to Hyukjae more closely now.

"What I'm about to tell you is that.. I'm.. well.. I have this feeling that ...Uhm.."

"What Hyuk?"

"I .. uhm.. I love.."

Hyuk didn't finished his sentance as suddenly the door shut widely open and Siwon walked in. Hyukjae bit his lips and cursed inside. The courage he built up just went down to the bottom level now.

"Hey you two, what are you guys doing?" Siwon asked as he approached. "Hope I'm not interupting anything."

"No, we were just talking." Donghae said. "Go on Hyuk.."

Hyukjae frowned and smile at the same time. There was no way that he would continue to talk with Siwon there.

"No, the visiting hour just over. We have to go, Hae." Siwon said. "The nurse inform me to leave the ward just now so Hyukjae could have his rest."

"No way, I'm staying. " Donghae said. "I wanna be with Hyukjae."

"Aniyo! Doctor order he needs to get lots of rest. You only drain his energy out. Come on let's go Hae.." Siwon said playfully.

Donghae turned to see Hyukjae. He nodded and asked him to go with Siwon. They argued like always but this time Hyukjae won. So Donghae had no choice but went with Siwon, unwillingly.

Hyukjae covered his face with his hands and sighing.

"I ... love you, Lee Donghae. I love you.." He said softly as he left alone with his trembing heart and cloudy thoughts, stared the ceiling blankly...

-------------------

*There.. I almost made him couple.. happy now? :P kekkeke