The Promise

Come Back To Me

The music was so loud, hammering the dance studio. Hyukjae stood in the center, facing the big mirror infront of him. He looked so gorgeous and y as he left his shirt unbotton completely. His chest glistening from the sweat as he already practicing for hours and hadn't stop. He closed his eyes, listening to the music carefully, and when he found the beat he started to dance.

Hyukjae danced what he felt like dancing. Spinning around, popping his chest, waving his body and moving his hips, following the beat. His tiny body was his advantage. It made his moved so light yet powerful. He was so serious with his move. He put everything in that dance. He always has.

Dancing was his passion. He put every feeling into it. Ths time it was anger that filling him up. Angry becasue this was the first time he had argument with Donghae ever since the accident. He didn't like it at all. He felt bad and he wished he could take back everything that he said to Donghae. That he didn't love him. That was just a big lie, cause no matter what he would always love him.

Hyukjae went crazy with his dance, more powerfull and uncontrolled. Sweat fell down to his face. His shirt was already wet. But he didn't stop. He just closed his eyes and kept on dancing until his head felt like about to explode. He didn't notice that donghae was there, watching him.

He was about going to his room from the living room, walking slowly bearing all the pain on his legs and clinging on the wall when he passed this room and heard the loud music. The door was slightly open, so he peered inside. That was when he saw hyukjae dancing. He loved to see him dancing, all powerful and beautiful. They used to dance together. They even choreographed some of the dance for their own solo. Donghae remember that.

So he leaned in, watching hyukjae moved his body. He missed dancing like that. He was also one of the lead dancer on SJ. Remembering that made him cursed on his condition right now. How he envied on how lightly hyukjae moved, how smooth his dance was, how beautiful he was on the dance floor. Jumping side to side, popping his body. Hyukjae surely killed the dance floor. Didn't he use to be like that?

The future seems faded on Donghae's eyes. He could barely walk. He even slower than ttangkoma, Yesung hyung turtle. Well, he thought that last time when hyukjae took him to the dorm to get some of his stuff. Super Junior well known with their superb choreography. Their dance was phenomenal. Sorry sorry dance had more cover version than he could imagine. What was he gonna do when he came back on the stage? just sat in the corner and sing? That won't do. That just won't do.

Donghae was about to leave when suddenly he heard a loud bang. The music stopped. He turn around and he saw hyukjae lying on the floor groaning in pain. Hyukjae lost his balance and his body slammed to the mirror and his body fell on the stereo set. His head hit the floor hard. Donghae screamed his name in agony when he saw blood stained on the floor. Hyukjae must've hit it real hard. He saw him groaning in pain. He wanted to run to help hyukjae, but he couldn't even get there right away. He kept on calling hyukjae's name and trying hard to walk, clinging on the wall.

"Hyukkie! hyukkie! are you ok?" Donghae dropped himself to the floor and crawled. "Yaaa! Hyukjae-ah! please say something!"

Hyukjae blinked his eyes. His head spinning real bad. He was surprised to see donghae there. He wanted to say something but nothing came out from his lips. He cringed at the pain on his forehead. Blood streaming down his face.

"Hyukkie say something." Donghae panic as he saw the wound on his forehead." What happened? say something..!"

"I'm ok.. I'm ok.." Hyukjae answered, not wanting to worried the other one while trying to endure the pain. He tried to get up but Donghae didn't let him. Donghae put hyukjae's head on his lap. He took of his shirt off and use it to stop the bleeding.

"What happened?" Donghae took off his shirt and pressed the wound with it.

"I.. I slipped.." Hyukjae answered. "It's nothing, Hae. Don't worry."

"Don't worry? what do you mean don't worry? Hyuk, you're bleeding! What should I do?" Donghae started to panic again. "I can't carry you out from here. Me and my stupid legs! I'm so useless.. I'm so sorry..."

"Hey hey.. don't say that." Hyukjae touched donghae's face. "I'm really fine. You don't have to carry me anywhere. Let me stay here. I'm comfortable already."

Donghae put one arm around Hyukjae's body. Cuddling him, while the other still pressing the wound. Hyukjae clutched at Donghae's arm.

"This is bad, Hyuk. We have to go to the hospital." 

"Keep pressing it. It'll stop."

So he did what he asked him to do. But he couldn't just let hyukjae like that. So he grabbed his phone and  start calling.

"Who are you calling?" Hyukjae asked. "I'm fine, don't call anyone."

"Teukie hyung. He'll take you to the hospital." Donghae answered." I can't take you, can I? and surely you can't drive with your condition."

Moments later donghae talked on the phone and he just relieved that his hyung would come and take hyukjae to the hospital.

"Teukie hyung will come." Donghae said to Hyukjae. "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine." Hyukjae grinned. It made Donghae frowned. "What?"

"Nothing. You look cute when panicked."

"Not funny! I felt bad." Donghae pouted. "Aiish the blood still dripping, this is deep, Hyuk. I hope it won't left any scar or manager hyung will flip out."

Hyukjae chuckled. Donghae really was cute when panic. His eyes all widen and and mumbling words that sometimes hyukjae couldn't fully understand.

"Hae."

"Hm?"

"Thank you." Hyukjae said. "What were you doing anyway? I thought you were sleeping."

"Can't sleep." Donghae answered.

"Is it because of the loud music? I thought I already closed the studio door. I'm sorry if I wake you up."

"That's ok. I'm glad I heard the music and find you here. It's been a long time since I saw you dancing like that. You're always great." Donghae said with a smile on his face. Hyukjae just smiled and said thanks.

"Hyuk..."

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry for today. i didn't mean to make you angry." Donghae looked deeply into hyukjae's eyes, all sad and sorry.

"That's ok. I'm sorry too."

"For what?"

"For many things." Hyukjae's eyes wondered as he say that. "I'm sorry for what happen to you. I still can't forgive my self for causing you this much pain."

"Are you still talking about the accident here? Hyuk, I told you many times. It was not your fault." Donghae said. "How can it be your fault?"

"I shouldn't have called you over and over and..."

"Woah stop.. right there." Donghae said. "That accident happened because of my own fault, ok? Don't be hard on yourself. I lied to you too you know. I was speeding. I went over 120 and boy... that baby was so fast... "

Donghae grinned as he remembered how fast his car were, it made him nodding his head unconciously, then shaking it in excitement, and then suddenly stopped grinning when he saw hyukjae's face was all serious and ready to eat him alive.

"What..? It was really fast!"

"Yaaa!!! You are so not going to drive again for the rest of your life!" Hyukjae seriously said. "I'll make sure of  that."

Donghae chuckled."Sure, I can't even walk properly, remember? So yeah.. no more driving for me."

Hyukjae bit his lips when he heard that. He didn't mean it that way. He wanted to say something, but he was just afraid that he might say the wrong words. So he ended up staring at him all sad and tense.

"Relax hyuk, you're so tense." Donghae punched his arm playfully. Hyukjae just smiled.

"Hae, about the therapy.."

"I know. I'll go. I'm sorry for being such a baby." Donghae said. "I know you care for me and I owe you everything. I mean you took care of me the whole time. I owe you my life."

"No you don't"

"Yes I do.."

"Really, you don't.."

"I do.. and we can argue about this until next life and you know who's going to win. So shut up.."

Hyukjae laughed. Donghae hugged him closer. "I'm sorry, Hyuk. I can't take care of you like you take care of me."

"What is this then?" Hyukjae looked up, trying to find Donghae's eyes. "Holding me like this, is enough."

 

Donghae smiled and kissed his hair. No, it's not enough Hyuk. I promise I will walk again, I will dance with you, I will be able to take care of you. You'll see.. 

------