Feels Like Giving Up

Come Back To Me

Donghae spent 3 days at the hospital for further observasion. The doctor recommended him to attend speech therapy first since Donghae was having difficulty in remembering words and how to pronouce them. They went to these theraphy twice a week. But everyday Hyukjae would just sit with him and exercising. Hyukjae would said a word and Hae would have to repeat it for over and over until he could pronounce it correctly. He was stammering alot at first but after a few session and of course thanks to Hyukjae, now Hae could speak more clearer and correctly.

The other session that Donghae had to attend was the physiotherapy. Physical therapy was needed since he hadn't move a muscle ever since he fell in to a coma. Having lay down for a long of period time might damage the muscle, weaken it and making it difficult to do any physical movement. It was a good thing that Hyukjae was hiring a therapist before when he was still unconcious. Or else it would be even more painful now. The few first sessions were not so hard. It only involved massaging to stimulate the nerve and the muscle it self. The next session however it really made Donghae cried. He would just screamed and groaned at the pain.      

"Please I can't go on!" Donghae pleaded to his therapist as he tried to walk. His hands grabbing the bar so tightly until his body shaking. "It hurts.. can we stop, please? please..."

Just before his therapist could answer that, Donghae fell down to the floor. He just groaned at the pain. He was trying so hard to catch his breath. Sweats were all over his face. He felt like crying. The pain was unbearable.

"Donghae-ssi, are you ok?"

Donghae didn't say anything. Didn't nodd nor shake his head. He was too busy catching his breath and enduring the pain on his arm and on his legs.

"I know it hurts, but please bear with me. If not your muscle will become more and more powerless." The therapist explained. "Don't you want to be able to walk normally again, Donghae-ssi?"

"Please give me time." Donghae said between panting. "I know I have to do this, but please give me time."

The therapist nodded and excuse himself. Donghae resting his back on the matrass, he stared at the ceiling. He was able to control his breath now. His hair was wet becasue of the sweat.

Hyukjae who was just watching from a far couldn't help but to approach. He sat crossing his legs beside Donghae.

"Are you ok?"

"I'm dying." Donghae still panting. "Just kill me."

Hyukjae chuckled. He reached out to get a towel that laid not so far from him and give it to Donghae. "Can you get up?"

"Why? It's comfortable like this."

"Come on. You need to do this exercise properly."Hyukjae pleaded. His finger were busy brushing Donghae's messy hair. Even in this condition hyukjae would still find him cute.

The therapist showed up again and asked him to do the routine all over. Hyukjae moved farther from the matrass and sat. The therapist helped Donghae to get up. With a deep inhale and exhale He began to support his body by clutching at the bars, and then started to move his leg for a small step. His body was shaking so much, trying to endure the pain.

They did that for almost an hour and it left him all drained up his energy everytime. It always made him fell asleep on the way home because of exhaustion, and hyukjae had to piggyback him into the house and to his room instead of using the wheelchair. Carefully laid the sleeping Hae on his bed, changed his shirt, wiped his face and body with wet towel to get rid of the sweat. Hyukjae was more than just happy to do all that. But just like Hae, end of the day he would feel very tired as well.
 

-----


"Come on Hae. We have to go now. You'll be late for your session."

Donghae just shook his head. "Please don't make me. I dont wanna go."

"What's the matter now?" Hyukjae frowned.

"I don't feel like going." Donghae answered calmly.

"Hae, you do realize how important this is for you? For your future? for your career?" Hyukjae said softly. "Aren't you tired sitting in that wheelchair all the time? Don't you want to be able to walk again?"


"Yes, yes, yes, but it hurts!" Donghae pouted like a little kid. "I can't bear the pain."

"But you have too. Come on."

"Just give me a break. I promise I'll go next time. I don't feel like going today." Donghae said. "I just want to stay here."

"No." Hyukjae said with a firm tone." You've come this far. You were barely stand up when you started it. Now look at you, you can walk."

"Limping is not walking." Donghae said silently. But Hyukjae catched that line.

"But it's improving."

Donghae looked into Hyukjae's eyes. Pleading with his sad eyes.

"Don't give me that puppy look." Hyukjae said. "It's not working right now. Let's go."

"No!" Donghae answered. "You can't make me."

Hyukjae rubbed his temple and exhaled. Donghae slumped in to a sofa. Leaning back, looking all sad and frustrated. Hyukjae sat next to him.

"I know it's painful and hard. But it has to be done. I just want you to be able to walk normally again. So you can do stuff like everybody else."

"Are you tired taking care of me?"

"What? No, never." Hyukjae's heart ache as he heard that. "I just want you to get better. That's all."

"This Donghae is not going to get better!" Donghae shouted. Hyukjae froze.

"What? What are you saying? You will. I promise. You will walk, you will run, you will dance again."

"That's all you care. You just love that donghae that can dance. You just love that donghae that can perform with you on the stage!" Donghae shouthed. "You don't love this donghae!"

Hyukjae couldn't believe that donghae just said that. Hyukjae cupped his face and made donghae look at him.

"Do you really think I'm that kinda person?" Hyukjae asked softly. "You just hurt me by saying that."

"I'm tired, Hyuk." Donghae said. "Let's face it. I won't be normal again. Just leave me alone."

Hyukjae took a deep breath and let go slowly. He got up and kissed donghae on his forehead.

"Ok. I'll go." Hyukjae said." You know what? you were right. Maybe I don't love this Donghae at all. I love my Donghae who was always get everything that he wants. Who is always passionate, the one who never giving up."

Donghae didn't say anything. He didn't even take a look at Hyukjae as he left, banging the door behind him. He rubbed his temple and felt like a big jerk.

------