The Beginning

Come Back To Me

Leeteuk, Yesung and Siwon rushed to the hospital once hyukjae called them up. Their pace was wide, they almost running. They stopped once they saw hyukjae, leaned against the wall outside the examination room. Hyukjae was too busy with his mobile phone that he didn't notice them coming.

"Hyuk, what happen? where's Hae?" Leeteuk asked. His face worried. He was panting. So were the others. They stared at hyukjae nervously.

Hyukjae frowned, looking at everyone. "Why are you panting like that? is there something wrong?"

The three exchanging look. How can he be so calm? was he in shocked?

"What do you mean there's something wrong? Where's Hae? What happen?' Siwon asked carefully. But there was an urgent tone in his voice.

"I'm trying to call hae's mom." Hyukjae said silently and then busy again with his phone. "Wait up.."

Yesung snatched his mobile phone away and stared at him with fierce look. "What happen to Hae?"

"Yaaaaa hyung! what's a matter with you guys?" Hyukjae tried to get his mobile phone back but Yesung was more faster hiding it behind his back. He looked into hyukjae's eyes with firce look. Hyukjae cringed.

"Is Hae.. did he.." Siwon chocked at his own word. He couldn't let it out. He didn't have a heart to even say it as he thought of the worse.

"Yeap! He is! He did! "Hyukjae said. "Now please give me back my mobile so I can call his mom."

Leeteuk and Yesung exchanging look. They both suddenly in shocked. Hyukjae frowned, and wonder why would his hyung reacting like that. Little did he know that his hyung were also surprise to see him being all calm.

"Are you guys ok? cause really your reaction is too  much."

"Mwo?!" Leeteuk shouted. "Yours is not exactly like some one who just lost his best friend!"

"Lost what? Who lost his best friend? I'm confused." Hyukjae's eyes widen. "Who just died? tell me. Someone we know?"

"What?" Yesung exclaimed.

Siwon pushed hyukjae against the wall and put his point finger on hyukjae's forehead. "Where is Donghae?"

"Inside...with the doctor."

"is he ok?"

"He talked.."

'Yaaaaaaaaa!!!" Siwon shouted, so loud that hyukjae think ke might loose his hearing. "Then why did you call me and make it sound like there was something wrong with hae?!!"

"What did I say?" Hyukjae's innocent face really made siwon wanted to punch him up.

"You said Please come to the hospital right now! it's hae.. it's urgent! now!all in urgent voice and panting! what am I suppose to think?" Siwon repeating what hyukjae said on the phone to him.

"yes I said that. did you guys get the wrong impression out of... that?" Hyukjae hold back a smile, but it slipped out his lips. This missunderstanding was somehow funny, well at least according to hyukjae because the other three didn't feel the same way.

Yesung slapped hyukjae's head and then he laughed in relieved. 'Stupid idiot I almost get everyone killed because I was driving so fast! I thought Hae..."

"Sorry hyung.. sorry.." Hyukjae bowed so many times. Laughing as well. " I was driving and I was so excited so maybe I said something and lead you all into the wrong impression. I'm sorry..."

Leeteuk slapped hyukjae and laughed. "Aish seriously! stupid!!"

The four of them ended up hugging each other. Leeteuk sheed tears aswell as hyukjae. Being all religius Siwon just prairing his lord for over and over and Yesung never stop smiling. Finally that day came. They had been waiting for Hae to wake up. Now everything became clearer and beautiful. Especially to Hyukjae.

The doctor also amazed on how fast Donghae recovered. They were keeping him at the hospital for a few days for observation and everyone agreed. He did a few test just now and the result came back positive. 

Hyukjae and other members went to donghae's ward. They saw he was awake. He smiled when he saw them.

"That smile. I haven't see it for a long time." Leeteuk said as he approached Donghae's bed. "I'm glad you're ok."

Donghae nodded weakly. His eyes met Siwon and Yesung and he smiled. Siwon leaned down, kissed his forehead and said  "Welcome back.."

"Everything will be ok now." Yesung said as he took Donghae's hand. "You scared us, big time."

"Mianhae.." Donghae whispered. There were tears falling down.

"Don't cry ..you will make this monkey cry." Yesung wipe them gently. Then he looked at Hyukjae who was grinning in happiness. He had to bit his lips to stop.

Hyukjae stepped forward and sit beside him. Hae followed him with his eyes and hyukjae blushed at that. Those puppy eyes, that shy smile. He miss those so much.

"Aren't you tired? Why don't you go back to sleep." Hyukjae said as he pulled Dongahe's blanket up to cover him up.

Donghae shook his head. He pointed at hyukjae.

"Me? no, I'm not tired." He answered.

"Yaaa! how do you know what he asked? he was just pointing his finger at you..." Yesung said.

"You should've known better, hyung. There's no need words between these two. They understand each other perfectly without saying anything. Creepy!" Siwon said and hyukjae chuckle at that. Indeed!

"I'm so glad you're ok."Hyukjae whispered.

"C..ame..b..ack for.. you." Donghae answered. "Miss..you.."

"I miss you too." He brushed donghae's fringe aside so he could see his face more clearly. "Do you remember what happen to you?"

Donghae nodded. "Late.. Su..sukira.. I'm sorry.."

"Stop saying you're sorry. I feel bad, I caused this. I should be the one who appologize to you. I'm so sorry for what happened." Hyukjae held his hand. " I was so scared that I won't see you again.."

Donghae shook his head and smile lovingly." I'm ok...now. You.. t..took.. care of me."

"Come on now, go back to sleep. You have to stay here for a few days for observasion. You want me to stay?" Hyukjae asked.

Donghae shook his head. "Go.. Rest."

Hyukjae nodded and say goodbye. So were the rest of the member. Everybody was so tired and sleepy and they needed to rest as once again the schedules were waiting for them in the morning.

"Ah Hyung, I think I'm gonna stay. " Said Hyukjae once they were outside donghae's ward. " I don't think I can leave him alone."

"Come on hyuk. You're not a robot. You need to rest too." Leeteuk said as putting his arm around hyukjae and drag him away.

He was about to complained but he stopped himself. It was pointless to argue with his hyungs. So he just go along. They bid their goodbyes once they reached the parking lot. Hyukjae went inside his car and waited for his hyung's car drove by. He waved as they did and soon as the car was out of sight, he get off and walked back in to the building, quitely slipped into donghae's ward. He smiled knowing that donghae was sleeping so soundly. After gave a quick kiss on his forehead, he walked to the sofa and just dove in and close his eyes. He was unaware that a pair of brown eyes staring at him, lovingly. The owners of those eyes just smiled. That's his hyukkie alright. He would never leave him alone.

Never..

----------   

The sunlight fell upon hyukjae's face. it felt warm. He opened his eyes and yawn. He recognize the room. He was at Donghae's ward. Slowly he sat down. He almost jumped up when he found donghae's bed was empty. He got up so sudden that his head spinned a bit. Once he recoreved he went outside to the nurse station. He asked about donghae and the nurse said he just took him to the examination room for another set of test. The nurse told him that the test might take awhile to complete so hyukjae decided to go home for shower and breakfast and then went back to the hospital.

Donghae was already back to his ward when he got there. The doctor was with him. Hyukjae just nodded at donghae when he saw him, not wanting to interupted anything. But the doctor saw him too so he bowed. Hyukjae bowed and asked him to continue. He stood against the wall and watching what the doctor was doing, checking his eye sight, checking his body temperature, checking his heart rate, and reflexes. Hyukjae thought donghae passed all that since the doctor keep on nodding and look content.

"Donghae-ssi, can you lift your arm? Startt with Your right hand, this high, please.." The Doctor asked donghae to lift his hand. It started at low and increasing. Hyukjae could see that Donghae was shaking. His arm trembling as he tried to lift it. It felt so hard for him to even move it. But he tried to lift it.

"OK, enough." The Doctor then took his hand. " Please squeeze my hand. as hard as you can."

Donghae complied. and like before his hand were shaking so much. He tries to squeeze the hand before him but it was powerless.

The doctor then moved to his legs, asking him if he could feel them. Hyukjae's waiting for donghae to answer the doctor. When Donghae nodded he just so relieved. Again the doctor asked him to lift his leg to a certain level and hae was like crying in pain. It made hyukjae alert and went straight to his side, holding his hand. Hyuk could feel how weak his hand was. It was clutching to his own hand but so powerless.

The doctor recomended a physical therapy for Hae to get his strength back. to be able to walk again. Or in this case, as far as Hae concern, to be able to dance again. A dancer needed his legs to perform, and the process to get there would be long, tiring and painfull one. Donghae struggle has just begun.