Best Friend MyungSoo And The Talk Of The Town

"Sir, Can you teach love?"

 

                                   Chapter One

 

 

It was a windy afternoon when she decided to talk a walk in the city she was at. It’s been a while since she last had some spare time to do that. High school life’s getting busier and busier.

“Soon… I’ll stand beside the Eiffel tower, run in the Great Wall of China, watch anime in Japan, ride a boat in Macau, gamble in Las Vegas, and attend a fashion show in New York”

It was a dream for her to fly across the world, experience new things, talk in different languages, and be in different places. But everything seems blurry for now. She still got a long way for that.

She needed to help her parents first before making that selfish dream into reality. They aren’t that poor and they aren’t that rich. She belongs to a middle class family which she can rely on but doesn’t mean she can go sleep in her bed her whole life.

The only thing that made things complicated is when her sister got pregnant at early age. It was almost perfect before when no responsibilities was lying in her hands.

She thought that her sister can do it all. She depended on the wrong one. Now, everything is different. Giving her family a better life depends on her young mind and small hands.

“Suzy~yah!” a guy suddenly popped out of nowhere. “Yah! Myungsoo, what’s wrong with you?” she looked relieved when she saw that it was just Myungsoo.

“Dinner is almost ready. Aunt must be looking for you by now” then she remembered she got some cooking thing to do.

“Arasso, I’m walking back home” she answered with an irritated look.

“I’ll walk with you” he winked. Kim Mungsoo is cute and cool guy with that perfectly black eyes, brown hair, good characteristics, and with the mind of a ten-year old kid.

 

 

Good timing. The time she arrived home, her father was already home from work and everyone is craving for dinner.

“Myungsoo, you spend dinner here” he mom requested. By the looks, you’ll think she is younger than her age because of the smiles that never left her face. Her dad was the only one working while her mother helps by doing some side line. She sometimes sews clothes, suits, aprons, and other things that can be worn.

“Kamsahamnida!” He enthusiastically answered obviously he liked the idea and rushed to his usual seat in the table.

In no time dinner was ready. Everyone was seated in the small dining area. The big mahogany table packed with wooden chair and matched with a lamp in the middle of it gave the room a cozy feeling.

“So Myungsoo, how’s you mom?” her father asked while having a sip to the hot kimchi soup.

“She’s doing well now” he smiled. It’s been years since his father died yet people can’t seem to just forget it because it happened in a sad way. The bae family is pretty close to them and they truly cared for each other.

Suzy and Mungsoo went to the same school since pre-school and they witnessed all the happy and sad memories that happened to their lives as they continue to survive.

 

 

After the dinner, suzy was rested in her soft bed when the thought of calling her best friend Ji-eun came up. She waited while listening to the rings until a voice was heard.

They started talking about how they spent their weekend, how her niece messed with her books, her mom finishing a suit for a rich neighbour, and Myungsoo spending dinner in their house.

Until Ji-Eun opened up a new topic related to school but not about studies.

“Have you heard? Mrs Guns will be replaced by a new homeroom teacher fresh form America?” she excitedly spoke.  Mrs Guns will not be available for a while or maybe permanently. She’s still in her maternity leave but they say it’s impossible for her to come back anymore.

She waited years to have a child and besides it is not needed to work when you have a rich husband that can produce anything you need. She might be spending her time raising her child and tossing wine bottles with her rich friends.

“That’s new” normally we would expect for a new student to appear in times like this but a new teacher, it’s rare.

“They say she or he is close with Ms Hwang, Our school director’s daughter. It was said to be a newly grad doctor and supposedly would work in a hospital but Ms Hwang convinced her friend  to teach in the school while we still don’t have a new teacher or until Mrs Guns comes back”

They thought that Ms Hwang and the new homeroom teacher must be really close. Imagine someone who graduate in a prestigious school in America will work in that school in Korea. Opportunities are everywhere for a person who finished schooling in that way.

“What do you think is it a girl or a boy?” she cheekily asked. “Maybe, it’s a girl if they are that close” Suzy murmured.

“Let’s see tomorrow” she immediately hanged. It must be a long day already and it’s tiring, Time to sleep.