Part 7

Running Man EP 93: EXO Special

 

                “So Sehun, pick a number from 1 through 10.” Jaesuk spoke. Sehun scanned the expression on the MC’s face. “Choose 3.”

                “Is it bad…?” Sehun asked.

                “It might or might not be. Just pick it.” Jaesuk insisted. To not be rude, Sehun went with 3. Worst. Mistake. Ever. Jaesuk snickered and reached under the cloth to pull out a………..toothpick. Kai and Chanyeol guffawed. Jaesuk dipped the toothpick into the jar of sugar and placed it into Sehun’s cup of sour lemon juice. The maknae slumped down onto his seat and Luhan stared worriedly at him. The younger’s face was a mix of horror and sadness. I don’t want to drink this stupid lemonade. I didn’t like lemonade in the first place. Stupid stupid stupid. He chanted in his mind. Luhan continued to stare at Sehun with his doe eyes remaining blank. All of a sudden, the Beijing man took a hold of Sehun’s cup and tipped it over his own cup so that some of the liquid went into his. Everyone looked at him in surprise. After Luhan’s cup was about a third filled, he placed Sehun’s cup back to its original position with a still blank look on his face. Jaesuk blinked a couple of times.

                “Luhannie…” Sehun whispered glancing at the older with a grateful look on his face. The side of Luhan’s eyes crinkled up as he smiled.

                “I like drinking lemonade.” Jihyo glanced at Gary.

                “Why don’t you ever do stuff like that for me?” Gary shrugged and ducked his head down.

                “I’m sorry madam, but it’s a Tuesday.” The cast laughed. Jaesuk handed Luhan the die next. Right after he got it, he rolled it on the ground. It stopped on a 4.

                “Lucky lucky.” Luhan hummed. “And 8.” To everyone’s surprise, Jaesuk pulled out a normal spoon. “Perfect.” Sehun gaped wide eyed at his hyung’s luck.                    

                “WAH HYUNG. How did you do that?!” Luhan shrugged.

                “Don’t know.”

 

10 minutes later…

Suho: 5 lemons, 7 (1/4 measuring cup)

Sehun: 10 lemons (minus some that Luhan took), 3 (toothpick)

Luhan: 4 lemons (including some of Sehun’s), 8 (normal spoon)

Kai: 7 lemons, 3 (toothpick)

Chanyeol: 11 lemons, 6 (garden shovel)

Chen: 1 lemon, 7 (1/4 measuring cup)

Xiumin: 4 lemons, 4 (teaspoon)

Kris: 6 lemons, 10 (shot cup)

Tao: 9 lemons, 8 (normal spoon)

                Jaesuk peeked under the cloth and came back up with a disappointed face.

                “Ah…no one chose 2,” Gwangsoo peered curiously under the cloth and laughed. He reached out and grabbed out the object.

                “Puahaha. Number 2’s a…...” He stopped to laugh again. In his hands was something that resembled a small pot or a just a big spoon with an abnormally deep curved end. Chanyeol clutched his hand over his heart and let out a breath.

                “Oh god. I almost chose 2 just now.” He turned to Chen. “Thank you for telling me to pick 6 even though I got a garden shovel, I am forever in your debt.” Chanyeol said this with a serious face, his left eye twitching a bit. Kai turned to face the Running Mans with a devious smirk.

                “It’s your turn.”