Day 17

A Little Too Late

              

               Yixing lies underneath the afternoon glow from the sun, still in his pyjamas and unable to move. He hasn’t been functioning properly ever since he accepted your departure due to his negligence of you. And not to mention, a whole night crying in the rain brought him to a fever. Yixing was taking his healing process slowly, a bit too slow, and Kris could notice that.

“Time for your medicine, Yixing.” Kris knocks on the door. He turns the knob slowly and enters the room, finding Yixing lying in his bed, with no color in his face. “How are you feeling today, buddy?” Kris asks with an optimistic tone, hoping to build some kind of positive conversation between the two.

               No response.

               Kris takes two small pills from the bottle and brings a cup of warm water to Yixing’s mouth. Yixing doesn’t move, nor give some sort of reaction to Kris. Usually, Kris, who has a short-fuse temper, will start scolding right away. But right now, he’s trying his best to be a caring older brother and friend that Yixing needs. Kris puts the cup back onto the table and sits on the edge of the bed, not saying a word.

               “Do you think she’s happy right now?” Yixing suddenly asks, his eyes at the cloudless blue sky outside.

               “Uh-“ Kris was known to have all the answers to the questions, replying and taking responsibility as a leader in interviews while his fellow members sit there and stare into space. But right now, he really didn’t know what to think, afraid that one tiny mistake will break the lifeless Yixing in front of him.

               “To be honest Yixing, I really don’t know. She could be crying her eyes out or dancing hard in a night club for all I know. But I bet you that she’s also dealing with the separation,” Kris scratches his head, “and doing a lot better than you are…” He whispers quietly, then realizing how out of his mind he was for saying that.

               Kris squeezes his eyelids shut and waited for Yixing to breakdown, or let out a cry even. However, nothing, he heard nothing.

               “You’re right.” Kris hears the ruffling sounds of the bed sheets and finds Yixing sitting up, looking straight at him. “You’re right.” Yixing repeats, “I shouldn’t be sitting here doing nothing when ______ left me so I can focus on my career.”

               Kris stares at Yixing, too stunned to give a full response. It was the first time in the week that he heard Yixing speaks a full sentence. “Y-yeah.” He stutters.

               “I’ll work hard, to show her that I am someone she can rely on. I’ll tell her that I can balance my career and our relationship, and that I love her, a lot.”

               Whatever I just said, it worked. Kris smiles at his Didi’s old self returning and pats his back.

               “You can do it Yixing, I know you can.”


               “And 5, 6 , 7, 8!” Suho claps his hands to the rhythm as EXO precisely hit each movement of the choreography.

               “I can’t seem to get this move correct…” Tao mutters to himself, repeating the steps over and over again.

               “That’s because your arm is not bended correctly, it’s above the waist, Tao.”

               A familiar voice with a soft Chinese accent fills the room.

               All of EXO turn their heads to find a grinning Yixing and Kris smiling behind him, feeling proud of his accomplishment to bring him back to practice again.

               “Sorry Yixing gege, I keep forgetting.” Tao looks down, embarrassed.

               Everyone didn’t need to speak to express their happiness of Lay’s comeback, they acted as if he was with them the whole entire time, breaking the awkward tension that Yixing had imagined to be.

               “So are you going to join us or what? I’m sure your skills are deteriorating along with your age.” Kai smirks at Lay, who walks confidently towards the group, up for Kai’s challenge. The room is once filled again with unity and warmth, following their motto of all time, “We are One!” along with mixed conversations between members.

               Kris claps his hands, “Come on guys, let’s not get too carried away and focus on what we are here for.”

               “But I’m hungry.” Chanyeol complains.

               “You’re always hungry.” Kris retorts, causing Chanyeol to smile foolishly knowing that Kris said nothing but the truth.

               “Why don’t we go grab something to eat?” Luhan suggests, hoping to knock down Kris’ layer of perseverance.

               “Duizhang…I’m hungry too.” Tao adds on. Kris gives a quick look to Suho, who nods his head approvingly.

               “Fine.” He mutters, “We have to be back by 8pm though.”

               The members cheered in unison and runs to Lay to give him a welcoming hug.

               It’s good to be back.

 

a/n: boring chaper, i know...

and i'm also horrible at updating recently...I'M SORRY MY SUBSCRIBERS T_T

but heres my confession for you guys, I LOVE YOU~ hehehe :)

I love every single one of your comments and makes me want to write more~ cept for the pressure to impress you guys..

anyways~ i promise the story will get better, huhuhu :) please comment <3~~