Day 552

A Little Too Late

        "So, what do you think?" Yixing places his earphones onto the desk.

         You let the melody and rhythm replay in your head. As expected, his music was expressive and beautiful, but you felt as if it hasn't reached its epitomic state. It wasn't moving yet.

         "Well, every song tells a story right?" You reply with a tinge of self doubt in your voice.

         Yixing gives you a small smile and nods for you to continue.

         "And this song is about a-"

         "A man telling the love of his life to live happily without him..." Yixing's voice grows timid.

         "Letting her know that he will...always be her guardian angel." You whisper, finishing the sentence.

         The room fills with silence, causing you to only hear your own heartbeat echo in your ears. Through slow realization, you take notice of the similarity between the lyrics of the song and your own situation with Yixing. Your eyes start to uncontrollably swell as the squeeze at your heart feels almost sufficating. But you quickly shake away your emotions and break the tense gap.

          "And every story has a dramatic structure, the r-rising action to ..." You stutter and clear your throat, "I think...we should let the song move along with the lyrics, like a story."

           Yixing makes no sound, sitting still in his seat.

           Does he not like the idea? "O-or we can chang-"

           "I think that would work perfectly." Yixing lets out quietly, "Good suggestion, Sunmin."


           "Has he been tormenting you?" Kris jokes, causing the whole table to laugh.

           "Of course not!" You retort, noticing Yixing who lets out a shy smile.

           "You heard her, now stop making me sound like some bully." Yixing laughes quietly, taking a sip of his latte.

           "Don't be afraid to tell us!" Chen teases, "We will help you."

           "I'm going to the bathroom before you guys start victimizing me." Yixing grins and stands up, hand on his walking stick.

            Your eyes follow his figure disappearing into the bathroom door. Seeing that Yixing has left, the table's atmosphere changes into more solemn.

            "Is everything going well?" Kris asks softly.

            "I have to tell him." You breathe deeply, "I can't lie to him any longer, Kris. I want to be with him in his darkest times!"

            "We all want to, but we can't." Kris sighes.

            "I know Yixing, he will run away if he knows that he's a burden in your life." Luhan's eyes look at you with sorrow.

            "But he's not being a burden! He IS my life." You cry but quickly quiet down. "Sorry, I don't-I don't mean for my outburst."

            "We know, you're just worried about him." Xiumin looks at floor, not knowing what to do.

            "Maybe it's destined that they can't be together..." Tao whispers to himself, causing a glare from Chen.

            "Sorry guys, I'm...not feeling well. I'll leave first, tell Yixing that I'm sorry." You whisper, leaving after getting a nod from Kris.

            The spring breeze welcomes you, making you tighten the scarf around you. Unlocking the phone screen, your eyes slightly widen. You scroll through your contacts list and tap a number.

             The line rings twice before hearing a voice. "Hey Sunmin, why did you leave so quickly? Are you ok-"

             "Yixing, are you free tomorrow?" You clench your eyes shut, knowing that the sudden adrenaline will disappear if you don't get your point straight quickly.

             "Yeah, I am. Why?"

             "I have something to tell you."

             "Oh okay."

             "I'll meet you at Dosan Park tomorrow then, at 12 pm."

             "I'll see you then." You can almost imagine Yixing's small smile across the line. Exchanging good byes, you hang up.

              Your fingers wrap around the star of your necklace. Slighting turning your head, a sign hangs on a store window.

'One Day TIll Christmas'

 


 

Hi guys...please dont kill me for not updating for like forever ._.

BUT I AM DETERMINED TO FINISH MY ONGOING STORIES!

SO THANK YOU FOR WAITING ><