Day 535

A Little Too Late

          

               Another year has gone by, but it feels just like yesterday when you gave that one final call to Yixing. His voice, once so familiar, became a sound that floated in the back of your memory.

               “Have fun! You deserve to have this break.” Jason smiled warmly before you closed the door to his office.


               You’ve gotten enough sleep on the plane, yet your eyelids were desperate to droop.

               The effects of jetlag…

               But you decided that nothing will get in your way of revisiting Seoul. Constantly recalling your memories from your last trip, your mouth watered at the image of eating ddukbeokgi at Myeongdong. Leaving the hotel, you smiled and greeted the chilly winter air of Seoul.


               “Namdaemun Market…N Seoul Tower…Insa Dong…Gyeongbukgyong…” You slowly tick off each tourist site in your little beige notebook. “I went to everywhere that I wanted to go…” You mumble to yourself as you take a sip of your hot honey peach tea. The coffee shop was decorated with simple décor and sunlight seeped through the frosted curtains, lighting the room with vision warmth. You lay your arms on the table, completely out of ideas of where you can go.

               That’s when your mind suddenly jolts. Grabbing for your cellphone in your bag, you find a familiar name under your contacts and press the call button. It took a few rings for the call to make it through.

               “…Hello?”

               “Hey.”

               “_______? Is that you?”

               You chuckle, “Yeah it’s me, Kris ge.”

               “Oh wow, I don’t know what to say. H-How are you? How did you call this number? I see that is a local call and everything but I wasn’t sur-”

               “I’m in Seoul, Gege. Right now.” You smile hearing Kris’ voice stutter with shock. He often shows a cold demeanor in front of the cameras but you always knew he was the older brother of EXO-M that the members could depend on and make fun of at the same time.

               “Really? Where are you right now?”

      “Inside a coffee shop in Apgujeong, I called to say hello, check up how you guys are doing and stuff.”

               You can hear a hesitation before Kris speaks again.

               “Why don’t you come see for yourself?”

               Your body froze. Come See? As in go into the S.M. building? As in…seeing Lay?

               “Wh-what? No, I can’t possibly do that.” You half jokingly laugh out but a part of you remains hopeful that Kris will continue with his invitation.

               “I’m serious. We’re taking a break from practice at the moment. We’ll get Hyunkyun Hyung to pick you up from the coffee shop.” Kris suggests bluntly “Come see…how he’s doing…”

               After hanging up for a brief 5 minutes, you walk outside to find a shiny black van with its engine still running. Your eyes squint to get a better view of the driver when the window rolls down.

               “Oppa!” You exclaim.

               “_____! It really is you! I didn’t believe it when Kris first told me to pick you up, bu-“ He pulls his rare smile, “It’s so nice to see you again, come on, get inside.” You pull the door and place your onto the passenger seat, fiddling with your fingers as the van makes its way to the S.M. Building. The ride was silent, causing you to absorb into the wandering thoughts inside your mind.

               How will he react? Will he be happy? Or angry?

               When the car comes to a stop, Hyunkyun Oppa led you to the backdoor where the faint shouts of fans can be heard.

               It wasn’t the first time you’ve been in here, there was a time when you went to watch EXO-M practice every single day of the week. It may sounds boring to others, but nothing made you happier than to see Yixing smiling and giving his best in dancing.

               “_______!” You turn your head and see Tao running up to you, pulling into a big hug.

               “Oof!” You grunt but can’t help and smile. “Tao, I can’t really breathe…”

               Quickly letting you go, Tao holds you by the shoulder and stares intently. He hasn’t changed much, still the dark circles under his eyes and shy smile greeting.

               “Duizhang told me to come pick you up!” Tao grins and whispers something to Hyunkyun Oppa, who leaves at the arrival of Tao.

               Leading you through the slightly familiar corridors, Tao opens a room with a well known blue background and patches of white clouds. The members who are lying across the floor open their eyes at your appearance, giving you bright smiles.

               “_______, it’s been so long!” Chen walks up to you, handing you a bottle of water.

               “Oppa! Your Chinese improved so much,” You tease and open the cap bottle, “must have been working hard eh?”

                “Of course! I never slack off.” He grinned, giving you his signature eye smile. “Unlike…”

               “Chen, you wanna die?” An authoritative voice boomed. “Ge!” You squeal and run up to Kris, giving him a big hug. To you, Kris was like the big brother that you’ve always wanted. And plus the fact that he was just so good looking, you would almost consider yourself as one of his fan girls.

               Luhan starts laughing in the corner. “Seriously, Duizhang, Yixing’s going to be jealous again if he sees yo-” He stops and suddenly pulls a stern face. “Sorry, I shouldn’t have…”

               The room was quiet with tense. “Guys, it’s fine...” You break the silence by letting out a small laugh, “That brings me, where is…Yixing?” You can’t help be pause before saying his name in front of the members.

               “Come on, I’ll bring you to him.” Kris gives you a small smile.

 

a/n: HEY GUYS IM BACK TO CONTINUE THE STORY!!

sorry for taking forever to update :<