Day 176

A Little Too Late

 

            

 

             “You’re here. Again.” Jason grumbles as he enters the patient room. Yixing looks up to look at the arrival.

             “And so are you…” Yixing mutters quietly, allowing Jason unable to comprehend the soft words. The two continue to look at each other in the eye warily, then focus their attention back to you, sleeping on the bed like an angel. Although Jason and Yixing aren’t exactly on the best terms, they tolerated each other. They were able to push their jealousy away for the greater importance, since neither of them believes that violence and hatred is the solution to problems.

             “It’s been 2 weeks.” Jason walks to the bed and pulls a chair out, sitting on the other side of the bed where Yixing is seated.

             “Actually, it’s been 16 days.” Yixing replies, drawing small circles on your hand with his thumb.

             “Oh, being precise now are we? Well, then that would 16 days and 8 hours for you.” Jason childishly defends himself, crossing his arms.

             Yixing lets out a small chuckle and turns his head to face Jason. “You would actually be a good boyfriend to _________.” *At least better than I was.*

             Jason slightly widens his eyes then pulling a shy small across his lips. “Th-thank you, I guess.” He mutters.

             “That’s why I’m going to hand her to you now.”

             The sounds of chairs being pushed across the wooden floor echo throughout the room. Jason stands up, looking surprised. “Wait, what? What are you saying? You’re just going to leave her?”

             Yixing’s face almost looks a little exhausted from Jason’s sudden outburst. “Let’s be honest, we don’t know when she’s going to wake up.” Yixing sighs, “I have a career to get back to, I can’t stay in New York forever. You know that.”

             Jason drops his jaw, eyes fluttering in confusion. “B-but you can’t just leave her here! S-she loves you…” His voice sounds a little weak and hurt from admitting the truth. “Not me…but you.”

             Yixing looks at him, softening the expressions on his face. “I said what I needed to say. You won’t be seeing me tomorrow.” Yixing starts to walk towards the door, hand gripping to the handle. “Good luck, Jason. Please make her happy.” He whispers before leaving the room, soft footsteps fading away like tracks on a snowy day. He left nothing, nothing to show his presence in the room for the 16 days and 8 and a half hours.

             Jason walks to your other side of the bed where Lay was sitting, unable to take in the fact that Yixing just left you. It seemed unbelievable. In the past days he came to visit you after work, Lay has always been there, taking care of you, watching your every move. When Jason sometimes hesitated to go into the room, he would hear Lay talking to you as if you were really conscious. Even though he didn’t want to admit it, Jason could feel your body be filled with life whenever he is with you, regardless of how deep of the coma you were in.

             “I should be happy.” Jason mutters, “But it feels like I’m some kind of little girl who’s unhappy that her favourite fairy tale didn’t have a happy ending.”

             Jason blinks at what he just said.

             “WHAT THE HELL. WHY DID I JUST THINK THAT?” He grumbles then proceeds to sit on the chair, feeling something drop onto the floor. Looking down, Jason finds a small box with a white ribbon. Without hesistation, he opens the box and collections and collections of letters come flying out.

             “What…it’s Lay’s.” He mutters, unable to comprehend the confusing Chinese letters but made out the name written at the bottom of the letter. Jason quickly stands up and runs outside.

             The nurses and doctors stared at him as he frantically shouted for Lay. But he knew, that Lay had already gone. Slightly dejected, he walks back into your room and sits on the chair, putting your hand in his.

              “I’ll take care of you, _________...until he comes back.”


            “You still need rest.” Jason nags, putting his jacket over your shoulders.

             “I’m fineee.” You reassure him, laughing at his constant whining. Ever since you woke up, he’s been acting as if he was your mother, taking care of everything. Jason tells you everyday how he should have been their when the incident happened.

             Jason sighs, “If I was there, I could’ve-”

             “Enough with the guilt thing. I’m okay now! That’s all it matters!” You exclaim, “And I got my eyesight back. Life can’t get any better!”

             Jason quietly laughs at your burst of energy, happy that the lively you is back again.

             “Hey Jason, I have a question.”

             “Spill.” He stops pouring the milk and looks up.

             “Who was the donor?” You ask.

             Jason looks at you with a rather bittersweet expression. “Hospital information is usally confidential, but from what I heard from the nurses, it was a man who was near his death from a car accident.”

             “Then I can’t thank him.” You sit on the bed, losing all the happy aura you have earlier.

             “I’m sure he is happy that he did the right choice.” Jason smiles at you, attempting to lighten the mood.

             A smile appears on your face, “I’ll pray for him everyday, to be happy wherever he is.”

             Jason softly smiles at you while he hands you a cup of warm milk. “________, I have something to tell you. I know I shouldn’t have told you earlier but I wanted to wait until your condition was more stable.” He looks at you in the eye.

             “Spill.” You grin like a child.

             “Your ex boyfriend…Lay was here.”

             Your mouth gapes open in surprise then quickly hiding it by looking down on the white hospital sheets. “Oh. How was he?” You ask, trying to not show any emotion through your words.

             “Good…But he went back because his company called for him.” Jason replies. It wasn’t like he was lying or anything, Lay did had to go back to his career, he just decided to leave out the “unable to wait for the wake up” part.

             “I see.” You smile, trying to hide your bitter emotions. “That’s nice of him to visit me.”

             “Yeah.”


             “Just sign right here and you may leave.” The nurse smiles happily, pointing the blank space on the paper. You briefly sign your initials and hand back the form to her. You watch her as she types the data into the computer and file your information. “Remember to come back  every week for 2 months for a checkup.” You nod your head, feeling excited to be able to finally leave the depressing hospital. “Any questions?”

             You look up, thinking for a short second. “Actually yes,” You reply, “May I see the lists of patient that visited me?”

             “One moment please.” The nurse walks to the back and organize the million of files on the shelf, taking a piece of paper out and handing it to you. “Here it is.”

             You read the names. Your aunt, who stated the relationship with you as “Family”. Jason, who wrote himself as your “Nanny”, causing you to slip out a light laughter. Vicky, who is stated as your “Ultra Bestie”.

             Then a name catches you by surprise. A name that was there every single day.

             “Zhang Yi Xing.” You read softly, “Guardian.”              

 

a/n: haven't updated for so long~ but im finally back!

I LOVE YOU MY DEAR SUBBIESS~