Breakfast

Prince Chanyeol Said He's Gay So We Said "I Do"

[Hyunjin’s POV]

I grabbed the closest weapon I could find, that was in the kitchen. It was a knife.

“Whose me?” I asked frightened to even look from the window. I held up the knife to the little windows at the top of the door. “I have a knife.”

“Me as in… Just open the door.” He sighed. “Pleasseeee! Pleassseee! Pleasseeeeee!”

This whining, I knew it from somewhere. I put the knife down and opened the door just a little bit.

Oh god. It’s him. Save me now.

“Can I come in pleaaasee?” He asked cheerfully. Who could even be cheerful at this time?

“Go home.” I said rubbing my eyes and closing the door.

“Noooo! Let me in! I need to talk with you” He said banging on the door.

I opened it again, looked at him, shook my head no, and closed it again.

He started knocking yet AGAIN.  He was going to disturb the neighbors, oh god idiot.

I looked outside form the window. “If you’re not going to go home then just sit there quietly,” I said sternly and went to bed. There wasn’t another knock. He probably went home.

I happily fell asleep, but was awoken again at 7 AM. What the heck, is he still there?

I rubbed my eyes and went to go open the door.  There was no one there. Was he playing a prank now?

“It’s not funny.” I said and looked around. There was no answer.

Oh… I noticed it then, it was just a book that I’d ordered for school. I sighed and picked up the package. Did he leave? Of course he left.

I was jut about to shut the door when suddenly I hear a scream. “WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIT FOR ME.”

Of course, he wouldn’t leave. I looked to see him running over with a jacket on and a bag that was flailing around as he ran. “I even brought breakfast so let me in,” he was almost demanding now.

It surprised me to see him demanding instead of begging and so I complied and allowed him inside.

“What’s the jacket for?” I asked as he set the food on the table. I thought he would hate the small cramped place, or maybe even pity me but he seemed unphased, like it was completely normal to him.

“It’s cold outside at night you know, I had to go buy this in the morning because of someoneee,” he said accusingly.

I shrugged. “It was your choice to stay there, and anyway what’re you here for?”

“I just needed to talk.”

“Yeah, you told me that already. About what? Hurry it up.”

“Well, why don’t we have breakfast first?” He asked.

“okay,” I looked inside the bag. There were two plates that were covered and who knows what was inside. “No thanks.”

“Why? You don’t like this kind of food? What do you like?”

“No. It’s none of your business. Now just tell me what you came here for.”

“So umm…”

“Yes?”

“Okay, so it took me a while to – ”

“You have a minute to get to the point,” tch, he was wasting my time like this.

“Okay, well my mom thinks we’re marrying – ”

“If it has to do with marriage then get out.”

He pouted and looked at me with puppy eyes. I rolled my eyes, I guess he took that as a signal that he could start talking again. “So, as I was saying before, my mom already thinks we’re getting married. I think we should just do it. I already know that you’re a guy too. I mean, no girl wears that to sleep,” he said pointing to my clothes.

I know he didn’t mean to be offensive, but him just saying that made me feel self-conscious and I instinctively covered up the old clothes I was wearing as much as I could with my arms.

“Plus, I didn’t see you wearing make-up yesterday and even I wear make-up – ”

“That’s cause you’re gay,” I interrupted, he seemed to take offense for a split second but then his face was all smiley again.

“But still!”

“Okay even if I was a guy, I would never agree to marry you. Can you get that through your little brain?”

He sighed and look at me pulling the plates out of the bag. “okay then!” he said uncovering the plates. “Let’s just be friends at least then?”

“Are you planning on eating here? You can’t, so stop setting up the table please.”

“Why don’t you want to eat?! Eat with meeeeeeee!” here was the whining again.

“I told you, no.”

“But why not? Friends eat together right?”

“Listen to me. I never agreed to become friends with you,” I started putting the food back in the bag. “We could never even be friends. Do you know fate? It wouldn’t let someone like you and me ever be friends. If fate wills, then we might meet again, but nothing more than that. There can never be anything else, not even something as friendship. Or a simple hi-bye relationship, it can’t exist.”

He looked at me confused. “So fate doesn’t agree to us being friends, but you do right?”

“I think I told you already that I didn’t,” I handed him the bag of food. “Now you should go.”

He gave it right back to me, “just keep it.”

“Then will you leave?” He nodded so I placed the bag back on the table.

He skipped to the door then turned to me. “You know, you never disagreed right?”