Emergency Landing

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

After 15 minutes, all of them were done eating and the stewardess took each of their rubbish. Kris patted her shoulder before standing up. "I'll talk to him now."  nodded nervously. 

Kris stood up and opened the compartment to get something. He pulled out a throw pillow then gave it to her. "Hug this to lessen your tension." he handed it over.

"Thank you… I will."  hugged it immediately. "I am so nervous…" she then saw Kris walking away from her seat. While waiting for Tao, her tension began building up inside of her.

From Kris’ point of view, he saw s sleeping. He quickly glanced on his wristwatch to see it was almost 11pm. Luckily, he saw Tao wide awake with a pillow on his lap. He was looking out the window with deep thoughts that could be read all over his face.

"Tao." Kris sat down beside him.

He turned to Kris. "You're back. What did you talk about with her?" Tao innocently asked.

"You go there and talk with her." Kris went straight to the point, not answering his question.

Tao's eyes widened. "Why?!" he was definitely wide awake and quite confused.

"She's waiting for you there. I now know the reason why you're acting strange. It's her, am I right?" Kris seriously stared at Tao. He saw him stiffening from what he said.

"…Y-yes." Tao felt his face heating up from the embarrassment. "I didn't know what I was doing…"

Kris sighed deeply then paused for a while before speaking again, "Go there now and bring your pillow."

"Why?" Tao was ready to go but it made him stop. 

He smirked. "You guys might end up together while you're there."

"GEGE!!!" Tao was completely humiliated.

"Be quiet! Others are sleeping already." he pulled Tao’s arm then pushed him out. "Go there now! Bring your pillow!" Kris took it and shoved it to Tao.

"Yes, yes!" Tao caught it with a bashful smile. "I'll go…"

Kris saw him walking away nervously. He sighed deeply with a certain thought, "…Even if having a relationship is not allowed yet."

From another point of view, Luhan's eyes flew open when he remembered about . He was about to check on her when he spotted Tao arriving near her seat with a pillow on hand.

"Huh? What is Tao doing?" Luhan then saw him talking to her. After a short pause, Tao shyly sat down beside her seat. Luhan got curious again. "What are they talking about?" he didn't bother anymore and so he went back to sleep.

----Tao and ----

Both of them looked cute hugging their pillows. No one was talking yet since both were very nervous and they hadn’t thought of how to start a conversation. The surrounding environment was getting more discomforting by the minute. Their silence means they were too shy to even face each other. After a while, Tao decided to break the long silence.

"Uhm… sorry." he apologized. 

responded, "No-I'm sorry. I didn't talk to you for almost a week." she hugged her pillow tightly, avoiding Tao’s eyes.

Tao nodded and also hugged his pillow tightly. "I'm to blame. I-I didn't know what I was doing."

"…It's okay." she blushed even more when she muttered that. 

"What? It's okay?" looking at her surprisingly, Tao’s cheeks turned scarlet.

She buried her face on her pillow. "I'll think about it."

"… … …" Tao went speechless.

briefly glanced at Tao and he was looking at her with those baffled eyes. She sighed and then reached for his cheek gently. "You must be very scared… come here."

Before Tao knew it,  was hugging him tightly. He wanted to cry, but he did his best not to. She then pulled away to reach for something that was hidden beside her. When she showed it to Tao, he was touched and flattered to see that it was the stuffed toy panda she had bought last week.

"I think you might want to receive this. Here. It's yours. Take it."  handed it over to Tao.

Tao smiled, gratefully receiving the stuffed toy panda. He even snuggled it by rubbing it against his cheek. "Thank you…"

"How adorable~"  giggled, but then she remembered something. "How about the necklace?"

"You mean this?" Tao pulled out the necklace from his pocket. 

"Wear it. I'm wearing mine." she lifted her long hair extension to reveal the other necklace. was already wearing it.

His heart accelerated fast after hearing that. "I can't breathe..."

The lights went dim all of a sudden and Tao got scared while glanced around to see them fast asleep. "I think they turned it off for us to sleep better."

"How will I go back there?" Tao hesitated to get up from his seat. It was too dark. There were no guide lights.

then suggested a crazy idea, but there were no other choices. "Well, you could sleep beside me. I don't mind…" for some reason, her heart throbbed faster.

On the other hand, Tao got really shy and sat back from his seat. "A-are you sure?" he saw her closing the window of the plane. Now it was darker.

"Hmm, yes. Unless you do something which I believe you won't." she said it rather sarcastically, but hopefully, he doesn’t kiss her again.

Tao got embarrassed and covered his face. "I won't, I won't do anything funny~"

chuckled. "Good!" she placed her pillow near the window to sleep, puffing it comfy. "Good night."

"Night…" Tao heaved a long relieving sigh. "That went well. Thank you Kris gege." slowly, his eyes were getting heavier. And in a swift moment, he fell asleep.

----4:00am----

Hours went by when woke up all of a sudden. It was already in her system to wake up so early, but it was too early in the morning. When she turned to look at Tao, he was sound asleep, but his position was making her uneasy. He was leaning towards her way too much. It was as if he was a heavy sleeper.

"That would hurt his neck later! Aigoo."  was still half asleep, but she unconsciously lifted the handle that was separating both of them from each other, now having access to him.

Carefully,  pushed Tao away from her. Of course, he was heavy. "Wrong idea…" she was so sleepy, she got lazy thinking of ideas. And since she was half awake, she leaned in to rest her head on his shoulder before hugging her pillow.

 felt his head resting on top of hers but she didn't mind it since her eyes were getting heavy again. "This is more comfortable…" she slipped her right hand to hug his left arm to avoid waking up from sleep discomfort.

"Is this a dream?..." she went back to sleep but she felt someone passing by, heading towards the captain's area. Her heart leapt out of her chest. "Who was that just now?!"  got alert and at the same time, frightened.

She stayed awake just for a little while longer to wait for that person to come back. Who was he? After 10 minutes, that person went back, then she saw the figure of the stewardess bowing before walking back inside.

"Who in the world is awake?"

wanted to get up to see for herself, but it would awaken Tao, and her nervous feeling went back again. "Aigoo… I have a bad feeling about this."

After staying awake for almost 30 minutes, her eyes couldn't handle it anymore and she went back to sleep. Hours had already passed by and it was 7:48am in the morning.  was fast asleep, but as for Tao, he was very much wide awake. 

"…Unless you don't do something, huh?" Tao chuckled under his breath as he patted her head.

By that action,  felt someone's hand patting her head so her eyes flew open. "Hnn~"

"You awake?"

Ahkyung suddenly realized she was hugging Tao, but she dreamt of their plane going to crash, causing her to scream. "Omo! WE'RE GOING TO CRASH!!!" 

"Hey! What's wrong? Bad dream?" Tao pulled away when  sat straight up, looking so frightened. He looked at her worriedly.

When Tao got startled because of , Luhan and Sehun fluttered their eyes open. "Whaaat?"

All of a sudden, the plane went down and up, spooking them inside. "WHOA!!!" Sehun and Luhan held each other when the plane rippled their hearts out.

"TAO OPPA!!!"  hugged Tao in fright and she began talking nonsense, for him. "I knew it! This was planned! We won't make it! I saw! I saw someone! Someone-"

Tao tried calming her down by cupping her face and looking into her eyes. "I am very scared as much as you do. I don't know what is going on-but you have to calm down! Someone?"

----Lay and Suho----

"What?! Hey, this isn't funny!" Lay bit his finger anxiously when the plane moved downwards like a rollercoaster.

Suho buckled his seatbelt. "Yah! Buckle your seatbelt, Lay!"

"Are we going to die?!" Lay fumbled buckling his seatbelt. "SUHOOOO!!!"

"Let me!!!"

----Chen and Xiumin----

"I WANNA EAT SOME BUNS BEFORE I DIEEEEE!!!" Xiumin went hysterical.

"SHUT UP, HYUNG!!! THIS IS SERIOUS!!!" Chen slapped his arm a bit hard out of hysteria.

Xiumin shouted, "OUCH!!! THAT WAS PAINFUL!!!"

Chen protested, "CRASHING IS PAINFUL!!!"

----D.O and Kai----

Kai breathed in and out and he didn't hesitate to open the window. "We're descending!"

"Emergency landing, perhaps?!" D.O's eyes were popping out.

"I don't know, but we're in the clouds!" Kai couldn't see anymore and he began trembling. 

"CLOSE IT, CLOSE IT!!!" D.O reached for the window and closed it out of fright.

----Chanyeol and Baekhyun----

"Okay! Okay! Keep calm, must keep calm~" Baekhyun inhaled and exhaled deep breaths.

"MUST. KEEP CALM. AND-WAAAAAAHHH!!!" Chanyeol screamed in his seat which caused Baekhyun to jump up in surprise and scream as well.

"AAAAH!!! AAAAH!!!" Baekhyun went hysterical.

"DUDE, YOU'RE TOO LOUD!!!" Chanyeol covered his ears while putting up a frightened derp face.

"SO ARE YOU!!! WE'RE GONNA DIE WE'RE GONNA DIE!!!" Baekhyun kept on shouting. "THE PLANE IS FALLING!!!"

Chanyeol closed his eyes while still covering his ears in panic. "I WANNA GET MARRIED AND HAVE MY OWN WIFE AND KIDS FIRST!!!" he kept on bumping the back of his own head on his seat.

----Kris----

He stayed calm in his seat as always, but he was definitely getting hysterical. "Tao..."

Kris stood up and held onto something to gain balance. The lights began flickering on and off when all of the light bulbs exploded. "Agh!" the explosion caused him to sit down and brush off some glass on him. "What the hell."

He got up again and struggled to head where  and Tao were seated while the plane was flying up and down. Kai then noticed Kris passing them by and he called him, "Kris Hyung! That's dangerous!"

Chanyeol and Baekhyun saw Kris together plodding away. "What is hyung doing?!" Baekhyun panicked for him.

"I think he's going for Tao and !" Chanyeol guessed while brushing off some shattered glass on his hair.

D.O also glanced at him and agreed. "Hyung! Go back to your seat!"

Xiumin and Chen noticed Kris still struggling to head over at Tao's and ’s place. "Leader Kris!"

"I'm fine! All of you stay down!" Kris bellowed his voice, enough to be heard. He was absolutely on the leader and protective mode. While holding onto both compartments on his sides, Kris continued walking towards their direction.

After a lot of wobbly steps, Kris finally reached both of them, seeing them shedding frightful tears already. "Tao! !"

"Gege!/Oppa!" 

Kris sat down beside Tao since he was already hugging . She was very scared and her ears were hurting again. The plane must be descending, she assumed. "Both of you buckle your seatbelts for crying out loud!!!"

Suddenly, the Captain of the plane spoke through the speakers. "This is your captain speaking. The plane is having technical difficulties. We have to do an emergency landing. Please, fasten your seatbelts for your own safety. Thank you."

Tao and  immediately fastened their seatbelts while Kris went in between them. "Close your eyes, both of you, if you're scared." Kris then wrapped his arms around them. Both of them went closer to Kris and closed their eyes shut.

After a while, they felt the plane landing very roughly, which shook them inside. Some of the compartments flew open and their baggage fell down the floor. Kris lifted his two feet and placed them against the wall to avoid falling off since he didn’t have any seatbelt on.

The plane bounced in frenzy for a few seconds and after a while, they were slowing down. Kris staggered his breaths and finally, he relaxed his muscles when they fully stopped. "…See? We're fine. We're all fine…"

"Where are we?" Luhan opened the window and saw nothing but a deserted place.

Sehun took a peek. "In the middle of… nowhere?"

Then, the stewardess came in to tell them something. "Everybody, please take your baggage with you and climb down the plane. It will get hotter if you stay inside since the air condition is out of order. We will try to fix everything and clean the mess."

Everyone exchanged looks, but they didn't question her anymore. All of them were too astonished on what just happened. So, all of them grabbed their things on the floor and for some, they pulled it out of their compartment. As for , she was thinking a lot while struggling to get her ears better again.

"Who planned this… It's among EXO."  stared blankly on the floor while following Tao right in front of her.

The emergency doors opened up and there were big slides on each side to go down the plane. One by one, they slid down the sides. It was around 8:30am and the sun was already up. The scorching heat wasn't that painful to the skin, but it was rather cold outside. Everything went well for this mysterious person. All of them glanced around and some tried to call some of their staff members, but the signal was down.