Sand of Time

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

Tao focused again. He was getting worn out and it's taking him a long time to defeat them. "I should at least steal one stick."

Ninja 4 and 5 charged towards Tao again, attacking him with multiple punches and kicks, left and right. Clearing his mind of thoughts, Tao kept on stepping backwards as he block their attacks repeatedly too. While he was distracted again, Ninja 8 and 9 charged into the scene.

They ran towards Tao's back and with a high kick, they pushed Tao's back. Bewildered by the surprise attack, Tao flew in front of Ninja 4 and 5. They caught Tao in their arms and then threw him to Ninja 6 and 7. Enduring the pain, Tao rolled on the ground and stopped on his back with him facing Ninja 6 and 7 just between them.

Without any hesitations, they kept ing their sticks at Tao. He tried blocking by pushing the sticks away to the sides but it hurt his arm. "Aah!" Tao winced, shaking his arms.

Ninja 6 and 7 now tried ing it again, but Tao quickly avoided by moving left and right. Then, he carefully thought of a timing to get a hold of the two sticks in order to get away. In a blink of an eye, Ninja 6 and 7 couldn't pull their sticks back because Tao successfully gripped on the sticks as tightly as he can.

Tao turned to the left side to bend his right leg way up to his head, then hook it around Ninja 6's right leg to pull it with force and drop him on the floor. He fell on the ground with a thud and Tao followed by rolling backwards then extending his right leg again to hit Ninja 7's left leg to drop him on the ground. While they were easing their backs, Ninja 4 and 5 chased Tao.

The maknae waited for another timing to kill Ninja 4. When he got closer than Ninja 5, Tao first avoided a left jab by going to the right. He quickly grabbed his forearm and shoulder to jump really high and hook his legs around his neck. After that move, Tao arched his back to flip backwards. With Tao's hands on the ground, he brought Ninja 4 with him towards the ground, slamming him on the ground. And so, it twisted his neck.

Ninja 5 quickly tried swinging a left kick towards him. Tao was still seated on the ground, so he quickly bended his body to the left and block the kick by stiffening his right forearm. It was then followed by a right punch. Tao quickly blocked by a butterfly palm again and used a back flip again to get away. He made sure to hit Ninja 5's chin when his feet is in the air. When he kicked his chin, he stumbled backwards and Tao stood tall again. You can see that Tao is very tired. He is sweating a lot and his breathings were getting uneven.

"This is nothing. . . .I should think about our practice days. . . ." Tao took a heavy breath. "Until midnight. . . ." he winced a little when he felt the wound on his head twitching. "Aaah~" he began feeling dizzy. "Ugh. . . .I need water."

is still watching the scene with a nervous heart. The sand around her was already a hip high. More sands were being brought down and she noticed something about it. "Why is it that every time Tao defeats a hired men, I get more sand and Kris swings more?" she looked up again to see the wind blowing Kris harder. "Could it be?"

She tried looking up inside the hourglass to search for the security camera. She was pretty sure that Kai would install one to have an eye of what they are doing right now. After searching around, she spotted one way up. She tried shouting. "YAH! KIM JONGIN! I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME! YAAAHHH!!!"

Behind the scenes, Kai arched an eyebrow hearing screaming his name. "What now?" he watched her CCTV screen and listened to her more.

"I noticed your foul play! Every time he defeats one hired men of yours, you drop more sand and you increase the ventilation fan's wind! STOP IT!"

Kai looked at the other CCTV screen for Tao's camera and he was fighting Ninja 5, 6 and 7 now. "Well, she got it right." not caring at all, he pushed another button to drop more sand inside the hour glass.

"YAAAHHH!!!"

Bursting out laughing, Kai tried holding it in. "Heh~" next, he pushed the lever up to increase the speed of the fan. He waited until Kris was far enough before turning it off again. Looking at Kris' CCTV screen, he heard and saw him screaming. Kris tried to counter the swing but the swing was too strong for him. His head almost touched the smaller fan, but he was lucky to have missed it. screamed again, making Kai so annoyed by what she's telling him.

"I'M SORRY, KAI!!! If this is about your role and spotlight. . . .I did not plan at all taking it away from you!!! But, please!!! You don't have to involve them!!! It's nonsense at all!!! I'm not even in your group to begin with!!! You should have just bullied me out or threatened me or something!!! What's wrong with you?!?! Why are you like this?!?!"

His patience snapped and Kai harshly grabbed the mic to speak through the speakers. Meanwhile, Tao stumbled on the ground to rest. He defeated Ninja 5, 6 and 7 with all his might, but his body is already screaming to stop fighting. "Must. . . .keep fighting. . . ."


GAAAAH!!!

Tao jolted a bit from surprise, together with the last two hired men. Kai suddenly shouted through the speakers and by the sound of it, he is really mad.

You two!

Hurry up!

Ninja 8 and 9 exchanged looks and hurriedly went charging towards Tao. They did not even give him the chance to get up, raising their wushu sticks to hit his back painfully. Tao groaned hard in pain, arching his back as his body fell on the ground. He rolled to his backside to quickly watch what attack moves they would do. They raised their wushu sticks again and Ninja 8 kept thriusting near his lower body. Tao raised his legs up to avoid it, executing a windmill motion. Then, Ninja 9 tried ing his stick under him. Tao quickly placed his legs down to flip his body and get up. When he saw another from Ninja 9, he quickly tilted his head down to avoid his head getting hit, moving his body to the right side to continue doing his windmill movements.

Syncing their movements, Tao immediately adapted to their attacks. He extended his arms and flailed them around like a windmill to avoid the sticks from hitting his body from left to right and vice versa. Ninja 8 tried to his stick towards Tao's side. Luckily, he pushed it away using his firm left forearm. Tao grabbed the stick immediately to try and steal it away, but Ninja 8's hold is firm. He then tried swinging his right arm to hit his face using his knuckles to the right. He avoided his knuckle, but Tao swung it back as he stepped forward, causing him to let go of the stick.

Tao successfully stole the stick away from Ninja 8, swinging it around in the air before doing his usual pose when he has a wushu stick equipped. Locking the stick from behind his back while extending his clenched hand with bended knees, Tao waited for them to attack first. Ninja 8 would be in a great disadvantage, so he will kill him first.

Meanwhile, Kai is getting impatient. He is really itching to kill Kris right now. Grinning evilly, Kai decided to end Kris' misery. "Hmm~ Haha! I'll slay the dragon now." pushing the lever to its limit, Kai waited for Kris to get blown away.


While Tao went back to fighting, Kris moved again from his spot. His eyes were widening in horror and he is starting to quiver badly. He is too far away now and he swore to himself that it would be the end of it. Kris closed his eyes and let out a soft sob.


“I can’t believe this. This is unfair. . . .” Kris shook his head and tried his best to get the attention of Tao whom he just saw whacking the head of Ninja 8 with his wushu stick.

Ninja 8 dropped dead on the floor with a cracked skull and a bleeding head, so Ninja 9 prepared himself to fight Tao, swinging his wushu stick around and then doing a fighting stance. Kris then hollered. “Taaaooo!!!”

“Yes, Gege?!” Tao blocked Ninja 9’s swings and s. He s again before spinning his stick around. Then he flipped in the air and later kicked Ninja 9.

“I. . . .I have to say my goodbye now!!!”

“Don’t say that!!! I can still make it somehow!!!” Tao arched his back to bend way down to avoid the stick and later, he countered attack.

“You’re wasting your time!!!” Kris sounded desperate, beginning to choke on his own tears. “You can’t save me anymore. Kai will still kill me, you, and her!!!”

Tao got frustrated hearing Kai’s name. With all his energy left, he went wild swinging his wushu stick, hitting Ninja 9 everywhere on his body. He couldn’t block anymore Tao’s attack. When Tao swung his stick to the right, he managed to his Ninja 9’s right cheek. He lost control of himself and fell on the ground, his wushu stick flying off of his hands. Tao spun his wushu stick like a windmill before raising it up in the air to whack his head by cracking his skull.

“AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!”

Bringing it down, Tao whacked Ninja 9’s head with one hard hit. After that, Ninja 9 wasn’t moving anymore. Tao fell on the ground with very weak knees and he started hyperventilating. His throat is dry and he wanted to drink water so badly. All he wanted now is to calm down and rest his body, but it’s impossible to do that right now.

“One. . . .more.” Tao laid flat on his back, trying to look up at Kris with his blurry vision. Kris looked very sad. He wanted to speak more but he’ll only get emotional.

Time seems to stop around Tao. He is catching his breath, his body is shaking, Kris is going to die, and is
 going to drown. When the fan turned off, Kris felt himself swing towards the smaller fan. Before his head gets shredded, he shouted a line that they always say together as one.

“WE ARE ONE, EXOOOO!!!”

Tao’s expression went bitter as he closed his eyes when Kris’ head came into contact with the smaller fan’s razor sharp blades. He can hear that gory shredding sound when those meat bones would get caught up. Tao yelled in frustration. He lost someone very dear and close to him, who had just died in front of him. What’s left of Kris’ body just swung in mid air from left to right, blood dripping down at the cold floor.

“KRIS GEGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!


couldn’t take the goriness, so she looked away. She was lucky enough last time for being on drugs when Sehun died in front of her. It would be the most horrifying experience to see it up close. Tao pounded the ground with his clenched fist while he used his other arm to cover his eyes from shedding tears.

He then rolled to his side to sit up and look at 's c
ondition. The sand level is already at her neck, so he had to do something. “Kai. . . .KIM JONGIN!!!” Tao growled angrily as he tried to get up from the floor. “STOP IT!!! COME OUT NOW!!!”

No answer.

“YOU BASTARD!!! COME OUT OF YOUR HIDING PLACE!!!”

After a while, Kai did go out of the secret room. However, he was carrying something. It was a hammer. Something is suspicious. Kai is not completely out of the room, but only half of his body. He glanced at Tao then threw the hammer near the hourglass. With crossed arms, Kai then went out and leaned his back against the wall, leaving the door open.

“Go ahead. Smash it. Get her out. She’s suffocating.”

Both of them looked at her. She is trying to hold her breath under that sand. Tao weakly dragged his body all the way to the hammer. He crawled and crawled until he got hold of it. Tao touched the glass and tried standing up. He wobbled a bit then gripped the hammer handle. Tao pulled the hammer away from the glass. Then, with all his energy left, he tried smashing the glass.

A crack showed after hitting it once. Tao tried it again and a bigger crack appeared. Swinging it harder, Tao managed to break through the glass and the sand poured out. He tried breaking the edges of the broken glass to make the hole bigger.


went with the pouring sand but she was unconscious. Tao dropped the hammer and fell down on his knees to drag and pick her off the floor full of sand. He quickly wiped the sand away from her face and carefully laid her down on his lap, shaking her to wake up from time to time.

"! ! Wake up!” Tao got nervous as he stared down

After a few shakes, coughed. Tao felt happy already that she is still alive, but what was Kai doing? He is seen picking up something from behind the door. It was long and shiny. Kai took out a real sword and then he crept away to avoid being seen by Tao.

“Tao?. . . .” she responded weakly.

“You’re alive!” Tao quickly hugged her tightly. “You’re safe!”

“I’m sorry. I know I caused you pain again." r
emembered what she did.

He pulled away and cupped her face, forcing a smile. “I know. . . .I know. It’s okay. I trusted you until the end, even though I was confused. . . .”

held back her tears as she smiled at him. “That’s god to hear-” something caught her eye. A shiny object shone when it was raised up in the air. Realizing that it was Kai right behind Tao, she shouted, “TAO, LOOK OUT!!!”

It happened so fast. h
eld his shoulder then turned him around to protect him. Tao’s face paled and his eyes widened in shock. Staring at , he then saw blood trickling down . She slowly looked down her chest and saw that the bloody sword had pierced through her back and out her chest. It was also quite near her heart and nobody would survive that blow.

She looked back up at Tao to say three words weakly. “Wo. . . .ai. . . .ni." f
ell down on the floor, trying to stay awake as far as she can. But her vision was starting to fail her until she could only see darkness.

Kai saw her fall down and still fighting to stay awake. “Funny. You’re still half alive.” Kai said without any emotions. Then, he glanced at Tao and smirked at him.

Anger blinded Tao and it gave him strength to quickly get up and choke Kai, surprising him. He grabbed his neck harshly then gripped it tightly. Kai choked as he held Tao’s wrists, struggling to breathe. Tao tightened his grip around Kai’s neck, but he made sure not to kill him yet.

“Any last words?” Tao hissed lowly.

Despite of lacking the oxygen to speak already due to Tao’s tight grip, Kai managed to say two words. “Game. . . .Over.” he mocked Tao once again by showing his evil smirk.

With that, Tao grabbed the back of Kai’s head and with a quick twist, he broke Kai’s neck. Instant death for Kai. Tao just dropped his body further away from . W
hat happens now? Rain started pouring hard outside and Tao could somehow hear the raindrops. They must be around the side of the hotel and on floors 32 until 40.

Shaking his head, Tao hurriedly ran beside . H
e knelt down again on the floor, but he doesn’t know whether to lift her up or let her stay as in. Tao can see how much blood she is loosing and he knew that she would die any moment now. moved her head slightly to look at Tao’s crying face again. She still managed to smile for him despite of her bloody lips.

“Panda. . . .” she chuckled softly. “Baby, don’t cry. . . .tonight.”

Tao shook his head, trying not to shed tears. “H-how can I not? And don’t chuckle. . . .”

She couldn’t help but to fade her smile and turn it into a painful smile. “Funny. . . .We can hear the rain. . . .it’s the rest of the departed. . . .m-members, crying. . . .in tears of joy. It’s o-over. It must be. . . .a clear night sky. . . .” after remembering Sehun’s long letter, she coughed out more blood and gasped for air.


"!" Tao shuffled through his pocket and took out her necklace. He placed it on her left palm, took her hand to place it on his right cheek, and held on to it until her last remaining breath. “Stay with me. . . .”

She was wearing her engagement ring and you can see that Tao has a pair on his ring finger too. “I ruined your dream. . . ." c
an feel her consciousness fading slowly away and her heart is beating slowly every second.

“Hush~” Tao couldn’t hold back his tears anymore and so it flowed out like waterfalls. “W-we can still vow. . .I-I want to be sweet- and romantic before you go. . . ." s
miled faintly as her eyes started getting watery, saying the vow.

“Do you, Huang Zi Tao, promise to be a good husband. . . .to Park
To serve. . . .love. . . .protect. . . .and cherish her? To take her. . . .as your beloved wife? And only. . . .love her for the rest of your life?. . . .”

“I do. . . .” Tao sniffed as he smiled faintly, holding on to her hand tightly.

“Do you, Park , p
romise to be a good wife to Huang Zi Tao? To serve, love, protect and cherish him? To take him as your beloved panda husband? And be Mrs. Huang?”

She let out a weak giggle. “I. . . .do.”

closed her eyes with a faint but sweet smile. Her last tears trickled down her face and her heart stopped beating. Biting his lips, Tao looked down and closed his eyes. He hid his painful smile and said his last goodbye in a soft whisper.

“Rest in peace, my beloved wife and child. . . .I’ll keep living for both of you.”


Wait for the last chapter. Kekeke. April 28.