Last Breath

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

Kris waited outside in the lounge who had laid down Luhan in one of the sofa's to look after his condition. He was still half alive and breathing, but who knows for how long will he stay alive due to the wounds that he had inflicted. While waiting, Kris saw coming out of the basement, but she was crying towards him.

"
? What's wrong-" Kris was then hugged by her, burying her face in his chest.

She sniffled and sobbed. "I~ I did something horrible~ but I have to~"

"Eh?" Kris got really confused but he noticed Tao wasn't with her. "Where's Tao?!"

"He's probably going to come out later. . . .anyway."
pulled away to wipe her own tears then she looked at Luhan. "H-How is he?~"

"He's half alive. But I don't know when he'll wake up and. . . .Kai?" Kris couldn't find a way to ask her questions since she keeps on asking first.

"He's gone."
hurried past Kris who turned around in bewilderment to see her off abruptly.

"Where are you going?!"

"Bring him back to our room and tell Tao to stay in your room!" she then ran off.

"W-wait! Aish. . . .really?" Kris harsly sighed as he scratched his head in confusion.

Then a few minutes later, Tao came out of the basement door when Kris was about to take Luhan in his arms. "Hello, gege. . . ." Tao sounded down.

"Hello?" Kris thought to himself and found his greetings weird. He also noticed his swollen eyes before carrying Luhan. "He also cried?"

"How is his condition?" Tao asked.

"Barely. . . .alive."

"Okay. . . ." Tao suddenly walked away without saying anymore words, but Kris managed to shout what he was going to say.

"Share a room with me, okay?!"

Tao staggered after hearing that, but he walked again, responding weakly. "I get it. . . ."


Kris felt to himself that he was missing in action, which he was, and now he has no idea what is going on between them. "Those two are like cats and dogs. . . ." he adjusted Luhan in his arms then followed Tao behind, talking to himself. "At least I was safe from waiting outside for them. Who knows what would happen to me if I did not follow behind. . . ."

He tailed Tao to the elevator to go back to their floor. Kris wanted to ask questions, but Tao appears to be in no condition at all to talk about anything. He was always looking down, and he would wipe his eyes from tears that would fall from time to time. The elevator door opened and he allowed Tao first to go ahead before him. Kris then stared at him from the back.

"What's so horrible that she did?"

When they were about to enter their room, Kris had to part ways to bring Luhan in their supposed room together as a couple. "I'll be back. . . .she would take care of him."

Tao stopped in front of the door before answering coldly. "K." he then went in quietly, closing the door.

". . . . . . ."

Without a word, Kris sighed deeply before turning around to enter the room of . He was going to knock first using his foot, but the door was already left slightly open. "Oh? I can enter."

He pushed the door wide open using his foot, and when he stepped in, he used it to push the door close and called her. "? I'm here!"

"Put Luhan oppa in here!"

Her voice seem to echo inside the bathroom of their bedroom, so Kris walked slowly in the hallway and then turned left to arrive inside the bedroom. She saw now fixing the bed just for Luhan. Kris immediately laid Luhan on his side since the wounds on his back would be pressured from laying him on his back. After that, Kris stood tall to ask her a question, ignoring the blood stains on his hands.

"Did something happened between you and Tao again?"

"Please wash your hands and arms first. . . ." was about to walk away to get a basin of water and a towel when Kris grabbed her by the arm.

"I'm asking you nicely." Kris' voice sounded firm, and it's the usual authoritative voice.

"I'll tell you, but let me go." she did not look at Kris in the eyes.

After a few moments of silence, Kris released his grip on her, leaving some blood on her arm. "Speak."

"We broke up."

Kris was very shocked to know the truth, stammering. "S-Seriously? W-hy would you do that! Tao loved you!"

"I told you the reason, so let me be and I'll fetch a basin of water and a towel for Luhan oppa, and then you may leave." avoided more questions from Kris by running off to go to the kitchen.

"H-hey!" Kris tried reaching for her, but he ended up bringing his arm down, then rubbing his nape. "I seriously know something is up." he then looked at Luhan whom he just heard groaned.

"Uhn~. . . . . ."

His eyes widened in surprise and so he immediately knelt beside Luhan to check on him. "Gege! Gege! Can you hear my voice? Can you speak?"

"K. . .ris?. . . ." Luhan whispered softly.

"Yes! It's me!"

"D. . .ui. . .zhang. . ." Luhan tried smiling, but it was very faint and he winced in pain all of the sudden, tears falling. "My. . . body hurts. . . .s-so. . . .much. . . ." he reached for the bedsheet with a shaking arm as he gripped on it to at least ease himself of the pain.

Kris turned his head at the door to shout. "! ! Come quick! Luhan gege is awake!"

just finished filling in the basin with water when she heard Kris' faint shout about Luhan waking up. She quickly took the basin in her hands and rushed to the bedroom, taking the towel with her. She made sure not a single drop of water would spill the carpet even if the water inside the basin was shaking violently from her running. After a minute or so, scrambled on her feet to lay the basin down beside the table and hover beside Kris to take a look at Luhan's condition.

"Oppa!" leaned closer to catch a good glimpse of him.

Luhan felt happy hearing her voice and he managed to smile, opening his eyes slowly as he gazed at her. "I'm so. . . .hungry. . . .so thirsty. . . ."

She tried holding back her tears. "Do you want me to feed you? Have you drink? I can do that!" wanted to his hair but she couldn't at all. She's afraid to touch him.

"Just. . . .stay with me. . . . .I missed your face. . . . .of course. . . . .you guys too. . . ."

Kris decided that it's best to leave them both alone and he firgured that was hinting on something that's why she was not acting her usual self. Or was she really hinting on something? He also noticed the fact that she didn't looked at him when he asked her about Tao. Putting the thoughts aside, he then stood up.

"I'll go ahead. Tao is waiting for me there." Kris patted 's head before smiling calmly, and then he left the room completely.

She blinked at Kris' actions, but her attention turned to Luhan when she felt his hand over her hand. looked down on their hands before looking at Luhan. "What is it?"

"I knew you would. . . .still be alive."

"Hey. I won't die yet. And I was so worried about you!" she got upset.

----Kris and Tao----

Kris entered their room. When he closed the door, he leaned his back against it, sighing deeply as his thoughts wander off. "What is wrong with her? Maybe she does have a plan but has no intention of sharing them at all." he pondered more.

He spent minutes standing there for a while, but he decided to look for Tao. Kris tried searching for the nearest rooms everywhere, but he was no where to be found. The only place that he haven't checked was the bedroom. Maybe he occupied one of the rooms, so he had to go and find him there. Kris went down the hallway and he noticed the door to his right was closed. So he figured that Tao was in there. Giving four knocks on the door, Kris called his name.

"Tao? Can I have a moment with you?"

No answer.

"Tao? Please! Can I have at least a word with you?"

Then, he heard him reply inside.

"Go away, gege!"

"Open this door, Tao!"

"Don't you understand that word!"

"Huang Zi Tao! If you do not open this door, I will surely take away from you completely!"

Kris did not like what he said, but in order for Tao to listen to him, he must threaten him with something that is most precious to him. There was a very long silence. He hoped that Tao was actually hesitating, but to his relief, he heard the door unlocking. Kris took a deep sigh before grabbing the doorknob to twist it open and enter the room.

As he closed the door, he saw Tao just standing in front of him, making no eye contact at all. Kris shook his head then patted his head. "I can very well see that you really love her, Tao."

"Why did you do that. . . .I was really scared."

"I have to, in order for you to listen to me."

"But I always do."

"I know you do. But I was afraid that you would ignore me this time, after what had happened."

"I'm sorry. . . ." Tao wiped his tears away again and Kris placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Let's go sit and talk."

Both of them sat quietly on the bed to talk about what happened, so Kris initiated the conversation. "What happened to Kai?"

"He's. . . .dead."

Kris pursed his lips before asking the next question. "Is he really dead? Did you guys see the body?"

Tao shook his head. "We couldn't actually see all his body parts."

"What do you mean by that?"

"The pit, or should I say, the ground he was on is two legs deep."

"Two legs deep? That's strange. . . ." Kris find it weird that it would only be two legs deep. The usual base for the elevator should at least be three to four legs deep if the engineers would want to fix the ropes and pulleys above it. "That's still too high."

Tao cocked his head to the side. "Eh? What do you mean by that?"

"Come on, Tao, think." Kris gestured his hand, tapping his foot impatiently. "You really are mistaken that she thinks you're the killer."

"But she blamed me!" Tao felt his heart going to burst. "She broke up with that thought of me!"

Kris placed both of his hands on his shoulders, staring at him seriously. "She won't break up with you."

"Gege! Why do you still insist-" Tao twitched as Kris' grip on his shoulders tightened. When he glanced up at him, he saw his hesitant look.

"Do you have any idea why my throat was slashed?"

He looked at his bandaged neck. "Yes. . . ."

"Do you have any idea that I am next if Luhan gege dies now?"

He nodded "Yes. . . ."

"Do you have any idea on what I am about to say will cost my life in a gruesome way?"

"How so. . . ."

Kris bit his lips nervously because he had a hunch that they were really being watched, or secretly being eavesdropped at. The reason why was acting strange all this time. So he had to whisper softly, only the two of them can hear.

---- and Luhan----

"Don't frown. . . ." Luhan tried to pout despite of his condition. But she managed to let out a giggle after that. "That's what I want to see. . . .your smile."

smiled gently at Luhan before he spoke again. "I'm sorry for acting. . . .childishly back then. . . .when I disappeared." now he was the one who frowned. "I know I might have caused. . . .so much trouble that day."

She shook her head. "It's okay. And don't frown. . . .so you should smile." she then stood up to clean Luhan's face, reaching for the towel to soak it wet and wipe his face very gently. "Tell me if it hurts."

Luhan chuckled weakly, wincing from the pain again. "Ah~ mianhae~" he paused for a while before asking a question while she was wiping his face. "How are you and. . . .baby Tao?"

suddenly stopped wiping his face, which he noticed, so she pulled away to dip the towel back in the basin. "We just broke up."

"WAE?!-" Luhan coughed out loud when he accidentally shouted due to surprise, feeling his chest tightening. "Aaah~" he winced again in pain, clutching on the bedsheet, his skin at his back tearing apart by his movement.

"Oppa! Don't talk anymore. . . ." got worried. Just by looking at his expression, Luhan was in a lot of pain.

"B-but. . . .wae? You two. . . .loved each-"

"I said stop talking!!!"

screamed at Luhan, causing him to shut his mouth completely after seeing her tear up. "I'm. . . .sorry. . . .is it because of. . . .me?"

"NO!!!" she sniffed. "It's not like that. . . .because-. . . ."

Luhan stared at her expression and she was hesitating. Something was definitely different based from looking into her eyes. "I understand. . . . I think I know."

Her burden was lifted off of her chest as she smiled wryly towards Luhan. "Sorry. . . ."

"I know. . . .Hopefully you're. . . .fine." Luhan smiled calmly. "I don't want. . . .my dongsaeng. . . .sad."

"Just. . .hurting. But I'll be fine."

"Please smile . . . .I want to se you smile. . . .when I die." Luhan had troubles breathing already and it seems that his lungs were clogged with his own blood from the beatings he received, coughing again, gasping for air.

"Oppa~! Don't say that!"

watched Luhan cough again, but this time, he coughed out blood. Her eyes widened in fear after seeing his blood. And so she took the towel again in the basin, squeezing the excess water before wiping his mouth clean. "Why did he do this to you?. . . . ."

"I. . . .I know why. . . ." Luhan coughed once again and waited for himself to calm down before answering.

"You know?" she stared at him surprisingly.

"I will die. . . .anyway. S-so. . . .this is actually your last. . . .clue. . . .to c-confirm it. . . .b-before my last. . . .breath." Luhan's chest tightened and he did his best to tell her. "A-all. . . .those members. . . .t-that were. . . .killed b-brutally. . . .a-are close to you. . . .connected to you. . . .think about it. H-he wants you to. . .f-figure. . . .it all out."


When Luhan told about the last clue, she suddenly realized it was all true compared to the others. "Think. . . .about the methods. . . .He-He is. . . c-challen. . . g-g-ing you. . . ."


Suho interacted with her and was partially close, calling him names and such, got eaten by sharks. Sehun, who died gruesomely before her eyes, was shredded into pieces. Kai, who was tied at the bottom of the elevator area, got impaled with plenty of spikes. And now, Luhan, who was beaten and found half alive, is dying because of torture and extreme pain.

He noticed her spacing out, and that her long silence means her deductions were right all along. Luhan smiled faintly and said his last words, reaching for her cheek. turned to look at Luhan and held his bloody hand as she listened.

"I love you. . . .. I hope you. . . .explain everything in the end. . . .because. . . .the. . . Killer is really. . . .h-him. Sehun was. . . . .right. J-Jealous-sy. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."

Slowly his eyes closed shut with a pained smile, and the next thing you know, his heart stopped beating.

"Luhan oppa? Oppa. . . .OPPA!!!" touched his cheek and then she tried to feel with her finger if he was breathing by soaking it with water, and then pointing it below his nose.

She couldn't feel his breath anymore, and so she assumed that Luhan is already dead. But she smiled looking at his face. He was smiling and it made it appear like he was just sleeping. Sleeping deeply on the bed.

"Rest in peace, oppa. I'll make sure to explain everything in the end. . . .I already know who the killer is. Thank you for taking care of me. . . . ."