Spiky Fall

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

raised a suspicion while watching the video camera. "Heavy? Why would it be heavy? Rubik's Cubes are light!" she then noticed the number of minutes before the clip would stop rolling. "15 Minutes?"

"But not this one." Tao tried tossing it in the air before catching it. "It's really heavy."

"Can I hold it?"

"Here."

Tao handed the Rubik's Cube to . She was then surprised at its weight. "That's suspicious. . . ."

"Why would it be?" he bent down to hear her clearly.

She held the Rubik's Cube high. "If this is the last puzzle, and Luhan oppa was holding this, that means he was trying to finish the Rubik's Cube. But he was too weak to even complete it. He's very skilled in here, right?"

"But don't you think it's weird?" Kris was now carrying Luhan in his arms. "Why would he complete it if it's our job to do so?"

Tao stood tall to look and answer Kris. "Maybe he was already part of our team to play the last puzzle?"

"Even so. . . .the problem is. . . ." stared at the Rubik's Cube. "None of us can finish this but Luhan oppa." she glanced at the timer that was almost done rolling. "Weird. . . .the scene just keeps on looping."

"What should we do?" Tao placed his hands on his waist. "Try and solve it?"

Kris answered. "I guess we have no choice at all. And the faster we finish this, the faster we can tend to Luhan gege."

"I'll try if I can. . . .although during my childhood, my best friend did taught me the trick but. . . ." doesn't seem confident trying the Rubik's Cube. "I don't know if I can even complete this. Algorithms are hard."

"Algorithms?" Kris raised an eyebrow. "Why do I picture Math in it?" he rather said it sarcastically.

"Solving a Rubik's Cube has patterns. You don't just twist and complete one side. It's step by step. Layer by layer. You have to know the patterns." she explained. "And this Rubik's Cube is in its last layer."

"Try it, ." Tao sat on his heels to place a hand on her head. "I know you can do it. We'll never know if you don't try. For Luhan gege?" he tried encouraging her with his words.

She gathered up all her courage to try and solve the Rubik's Cube. "Okay, then. I'll try!" handed over the video cam back to Tao. "You hold it and wait for the video to stop rolling."

Tao got the video cam and watched the screen. "Okay. I'll call your attention when it stops." he stood up.

"Right!" stood up on the floor and tried solving the Rubik's Cube. "The number of twists are more than 5 if I can remember. . . ."

While she was trying to solve the Rubix Cube, Tao focused on watching the clip. He also had the same idea as as to why the clip would loop over and over again to D.O's death scene. "What are you trying to show us?" Tao pondered to himself, then he looked inside the elevator that was still opened wide.

After staring for quite some time, Tao noticed one little detail that caused him to stop and think. "Hold on? Shouldn't an elevator be only one to transport people? We encountered three that's on the same lane!" he then went nervous after figuring that out.

The video was already running for 10 minutes and it was now down to 5 minutes. "We were so focused on solving the puzzles we didn't even noticed it! But is it really on purpose or. . . ."

Tao got distracted when the video camera were making static sounds. He couldn't help but to look at the screen and when he did, his eyes widened in shock when the clip changed scene. A certain someone was lying down somewhere on the ground with little light to illuminate his silhouette, arms and legs are parted with ropes tied around his wrists and ankles. He also had a gag on his mouth and something was also dangling just straight down above him. It was some sort of a rope.

"IT'S KAI!!!"

Kris and 's attention were caught by Tao's sudden outburst. "What?!" they went to his side to watch the video. And when they did, they had the same reaction as him.

"Where on earth is he?!" panicked just by looking at his frightened face and he was crying nonstop. He was like in a tight room.

Kris looked closely and noticed something. "He's staring straight above his view?"

's eyes shifted to look at the minutes left and they only have two minutes before the video ends. Tao then quickly asked a question. "Did you finished it?"

"No luck." she answered softly. "I'm still trying."

While they were watching the clip, another scene was switched to an angle that would directly view the bottom side of an object. To their surprise, there were spikes sticking out everywhere. They could tell it clearly since the angle of the camera would show how long they were and how sharp they are. And after that quick preview, the scene changed again. Their faces went pale when the first puzzle design of the elevator door was shown. Judging by those scenes, they knew what was going on when the final scene change was shown to them. The top view of the elevator was shown, and the ropes were already halfway cut. A kind of machine was pointed to act as the scissor and then the clip ended.

"Oh shoot~ Kai's down the basement of this hotel!" exclaimed. But then the Rubik's Cube in her hand somehow moved that made her yelp and let go of it. "KYAAA!!!" Kris and Tao jolted up in surprise as it dropped on the floor.

Tao pulled away from the Rubik's Cube when he saw itself reassembling. "Oh no. . . ."

Kris glanced at Tao. "What's wrong?"

"Now I know why that's heavy. It's a timer." Tao stared at it nervously while looked at him in surprise.

"A timer?!" her head turned to look at the Rubik's Cube that completed itself and from those line spaces, red lights were blinking. She suddenly remembered Luhan and looked at him in Kris' arms. "No?. . . .OH . Luhan oppa meant not to touch the Rubik's Cube from the start!"

Tao's jaw dropped down. "This is a distraction?!"

"We better hurry down! You guys run ahead! I'll tail behind!" Kris gestured a nod.

ran first followed by Tao and they went down the steps in great hurry. Kris also followed but not that fast since Luhan was his first priority in his hands as he took him in a different direction, thinking twice before taking the side elevator. Both couples were racing against time. Taking the side elevators will take them minutes before stepping in to go to the basement, so they ran down the stairs, jumping and skipping steps from the 40th floor to go to the 1st floor.

Tao then caught up to around the 30th floor then pulled her to go to the hallway with an idea. "We have to try and take the elevator!" he panted hard. "You'll get tired."

"But. . . " was also panting hard. "You said it's not good for my ears since the elevator has a certain speed and it will hurt me. . ."

"I know you want to, but does that matter right now?" Tao saw through her that she was having an unexplained feeling. "You don't know what to decide right?"

". . . . . ."

She stayed speechless but Tao grabbed her arm to pull her and ran, taking her with him. "Come on! We don't have much time!"

"Bwo! Tao!"

They finally rode the elevator to go down the lounge to find the basement door. wasn't comfortable with the pressure in her ears but she can tolerate them. And at least, it just took them minutes to arrive in the lounge, running out to go to the reception area. Tao went to grab the doorknob to push it open but it won't budge.

"Kick it!" suggested.

Tao took a step backward and then kicked the door as hard as he can. The door wrecked open and they were about to come in when 's fast eyes saw something going to fling towards Tao. She quickly ran down to slide kick his legs then pulled his arms to pull him down with her, avoiding something that went past Tao's head.

"Ouch!" Tao fell on his and then his back, feeling a quick breeze that somehow went past his head. "What did I just felt past my head?"

stood up to apologize, looking back at the razor sharp steel sleet that appears to be a disc in cutting wooden planks, piercing though the picture frame at the other end of the room. "That."

He stood up to look at the disc piercing through the wooden picture frame and he felt himself pailing from the close call. "Thank you. . . ."

She stared at the doorknob and saw a fishing line attached to it, then just above the wall and followed it across the room. A weird machine was facing the entrance and it just stopped working since the loaded disc was released. "It's a trap. . . .You almost got killed!"

"I'm still here. We should hurry." Tao held her shoulder, although still taken aback. She nodded in agreement and they both went down the steps, going around to find the bottom of the elevator.

While looking around the dark room with dull lights on above the ceiling, Tao and searched around the area, calling out Kai's name. "KAAAAIIIIII!!! KAAAAAIIIIII!!!"

They kept on calling out his name when Kai heard a faint shout. Someone was actually shouting his name and when he tried screaming for help, something snapped and the elevator went screeching down. Kai got really nervous when it stopped for a little while. The ropes on top were completely cut off but a part of it was still intact. Although it was still intact, due to the weight of the elevator, the rope was snapping one by one. He then desperately screamed for help, even if it's a muffled scream.

Tao heard a muffled scream and he silenced . "Shhh! Did you hear that?"

stopped to listen and she heard a muffled scream as well. "This way!" she went off followed by Tao.

After a short run, Tao and finally located the direction of the muffled screams. They found themselves just one step closer to Kai, but some wooden planks were nailed on the wall to have no access to him. However, at the back of the wooden planks were steel bars melted to seal the area, so you can't break in to take Kai out.

"KAAAAIIII!!!!" touched the wooden planks and peeped through it to catch a good glimpse of Kai, but the ground he was lying on was two legs low.

"MMMMN!!! MNNN!!!" Kai muffled his screams, whining desperately to get out.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Tao thought loudly in his mind, looking around the area to find a tool to somehow get rid of the barrier. "He's not the killer?"

"How can we break you out!" was panicking on what to actually do. Nothing can be used to break the barrier and get Kai out.

Kai whined again and tears began trickling down his face, crying for his life. There was nothing that they could actually do to help him get out of his misery. The elevator suddenly creaked, alerting them by that dangerous sound. The creaking was very long and after that, the ropes above snapped. It tremendously went screeching down fast, enough to hurt your ears with the friction created. 's ears were sensitive because the high pitched screech really pained her ear. And so she covered hers along with Tao pulling her away.

"Keep away!" Tao pulled her down with him and covered her head, protecting her from the impact that the elevator would cause.

Electric wires began sparking as the elevator plummeted down, sparks were also being created by the friction. The spikes were nearing Kai and he was so pale and lost for words. He wanted to at least say his goodbyes but his mouth was sealed tight with a gag. He couldn't do anything, so he closed his eyes and his last teardrop fell. As soon as the elevator landed, a loud crashing sound was heard, sparks zapped and popped crazily. Dust flew out of the area and some small metal pieces went flying out.

"Kaaaaaiiii!!!" 's eyes were closed shut, and she was trembling and crying badly from fear. She knew Kai wouldn't survive that fall and so as Tao who was doubting.

"What is. . . .going on?" Tao's face paled after what had happened. Kai died? Then what was all that clues for? He was in total shock for a while, thinking that Kris could be behind all of this after all, but he got distracted when suddenly pushed him away harshly.

"?!" he got petrified.

"I get it. . . .okay." turned emotionally unstable, her voice quivering. "H-how could you do this to me. . . ."

"What?. . . .What are you talking about?" he was about to come crawl near her when she snarled at him.

"Don't come near me!!!"

Tao moved away from her. He got totally confused at her behavior just now, but later realized what was the situation, and it was really bad. "A-are you actually thinking I'm behind all this-"

"SHUT UP!!!" scrambled her feet to get up quickly, tripping two times backwards before standing tall. "You'll be left with me!!! What else!!!"

Tao quickly got up from the floor to convince her. "But it doesn't mean I'm the-"

"Don't talk to me!!!" she began crying hard, glaring at Tao angrily but in pain. "From the start, it was all a lie!!! You don't really love me!!! You killed your members!!!" she sobbed hard before saying another one. "I abhor you. . . .you manipulated me. . . .why? Why don't you just kill me?"

Tao felt a stinging pain in his heart, eyes becoming watery after she said all that, and especially that last strong word of hate. "No, please. . . .listen to me- I-"


"You what?" kept on cutting off his sentences, getting cold as she sobbed softly, hugging herself. "You can explain? No need to explain anything. Oh~ because I am smart and I figured out your hideous plans, you murderer."

", please stop. . . it hurts. . . .so much." Tao began tearing up bitterly, sniffing as he tried his best to inhale and exhale to keep himself calm.

She continued his sentence coldly. "It hurts twice as much when you get killed brutally." g
ritted her teeth as she wiped her tears harshly, her heart getting heavy on what she's about to say. "WE'RE BREAKING UP!!!" she then stomped away and ran to get out of his sight, hearing her cry hard all the way.

Tao's legs fell weak and so he collapsed on his knees, staring down at the floor in bewilderment. His world came crashing down on top of him as if he lost something that's already a part of his life. And without it, he could no longer live. He pounded the ground using his clenched fists angrily with a gritted teeth, and then he released his scream of pain that echoed throughout the basement room.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

After screaming, Tao curled into a ball on the floor just to cry more and calm himself bit by bit before getting out of the room. He needed time for himself since he couldn't move at all from total shock.

"I-It's not true. . . . ."

 
Heh. It's true.
Enough drama.