Tight Spot

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

"Don't look." Kris' voice sounded sad for Tao as he whispered lowly.

"I'm-I'm okay." Tao choked on his words.

"You're choking on your owns tears. . . ." Kris released his grip on Tao as he turned around to wipe his own tears. He then sighed deeply. "I know it's hard to believe but. . . .believe in
. You know she loves you than. . . .Kai."

Tao hesitated for a while after hearing Kai's name. "I don't know. . . ."

"Tao."

"I know, I know!" Tao scowled, trying to stop crying. "It just hurts." he let out a heavy sigh. "Didn't expect that to really happen now."

Kris extended an arm to pat his head. "Don't get too affected though. I don't want to see you getting damaged more. It also pains me to see you like that, Tao."

He then nodded after calming down. "Thank you, gege. . . ." Tao showed a faint smile.

"We should get out of here before they even see us and start another kind of 'discussion'."

"We should."

----After Four Days----

It was lunchtime and everybody gathered around again in Room 1236 to taste D.O's cooking with the help of . Kris was beside Tao, and is beside him. Across the table were Kai and D.O, sitting next to each other. They were silently eating their food and the mood was somehow down, especially D.O. He was eating slowly and seemed very distracted.

Shivering by what she had sensed, tried getting D.O's attention across the table. "Hey, oppa? Don't be so down. I'm up your energy."

D.O frowned and laid down his spoon and fork, plate clattering. He then let out a deep sigh. "I'm just very nervous. . . .I don't feel like eating too." if you stare at his hands, you can see the slight trembling.

"Yah~ Don't say that!" Kai elbowed D.O. "Think about how happy you made us by your cooking! They're delicious!"

agreed by nodding. "What Kai said. Be happy with us! I really like your Jjajangmyeon and your Bulgogi too!" she showed a thumbs up then nudged Tao. "Right?"

Tao glanced at her then agreed like he just snapped out into reality. "O-oh, yes! They're all delicious."

"Agree." Kris nodded, chewing the bulgogi and rice in his mouth. "The meat is juicy."

D.O flustered. "Aw, guys~ you're all flattering me!"

Kai grinned widely, poking his cheek using the teeths of his fork. "Hey, he's blushing!"

"Yah! Jongin! You're poking me with its teeths!" D.O wiped his cheek because he used that to take a bite of the bulgogi.

"Bwo! Mianhae! Wrong tip!" Kai then poked him again using the fork handle, smiling as if he really did that on purpose.

"You're doing it on purpose!" D.O grimaced, getting his own fork and tried poking Kai too.

And now, Kai used the back of his spoon to playfully hit D.O with it. "Spoon, spoon, spoon!"

laughed at Kai's playfulness. "Ahahaha, Kai~" she almost ran out of breath, seeing them poke and hit each other.

Tao just simply stayed quiet, finished his plate, then stood up to clean his dish. Kris' head didn't turn to follow his movement, but instead, he secretly let out a deep sigh. He decided to make them stop, showing a smile to make them believe that he was also laughing at the sight of them.

"Hey, now! Stop hitting each other with your spoons and forks! Your food will get cold." Kris stifled a laugh, finished his last bite, and then took his plate in his hands to actually follow Tao. "I'm done."

bounced a bit in her seat, turning to D.O and Kai. "Yah, yah, yah! Hurry up and eat! They're done!" she also took her bites. "I'm also done!" getting up from her chair in a hurry, she almost stumbled sidewards. "Aigoo." gaining her balance, she then went to the kitchen.

"Bah! I will eat!" Kai started eating to finish his plate.

D.O narrowed his eyes. "You were the one who started this!"

When was about to enter the Kitchen, she suddenly staggered upon hearing Kris and Tao talking in a rather serious tone of voice.

"You know Tao. . . .you should stop being jealous."

"How can I not BE jealous?"

"He knows we are suspecting him. So he might be just earning the trust and respect of . She's like our brains in here."

"Trust and respect? When Kai is all over her?"

"Don't linger on it too much, Tao. We're all friends in here."

"Friends? Do you call 'THAT' friends? What if she's already cheating on me?"

almost dropped her plate from quivering badly. She wanted to cry and when Tao is serious, she's scared of him. Or maybe just scared to lose him. "That? Did he actually saw us two days ago?" she began holding back her tears, her whole body heating up in extreme fright. Listening more to their conversations made her heart break into pieces.

"You know her more than I do. . . .You shouldn't be saying that to your own girlfriend. Or should I say, your fiancé
."

"I don't even know anymore. . . ."

"Tao. . . ."

"If I really lose my patience and sensitivity, I will let Kai taste my Wushu skills, then break up with her!"

"Huang Zi Tao! You must calm down!"

"Gege! It hurts too much already! Maybe Kai is right. I am stupidly in love with her! We're all going to die anyway. . . ."

She heard plates clattering and so, s
uddenly ran her way out back to the Dining Room automatically. She then ran into D.O and Kai, her utensils almost falling. "Omo!"

D.O held her shoulder with one hand. "Bwo! Why such in a hurry?"

"I feel sick, and Kai, please wash it for me, I really got to go!" g
ave her plate to Kai with his free hand and she immediately ran off, out of Room 1236, went inside their room, and into the bathroom to actually cry her heart out.

Kai was confused, and so he exchanged looks with D.O. "Is it your food?"

"Hey, now! It's not!" D.O felt embarrased. "Maybe she feels vomit-"

"Pregnancy signs?" Kai's eyes widened, and also D.O.

"When do pregnant women get signs of morning sickness anyway?"

"Beats me. . . .don't ask me." Kai shrugged his shoulders.

"Hey, that actually rhymed." D.O said in a straight face when Tao and Kris saw them talking with their empty plates and another one in Kai's hand.

Tao glanced around, then finally asked where she is. "Where is ?"


Kai averted his eyes away from Tao and excused himself to go ahead. D.O followed Kai's movement, along with Kris, before answering Tao's question. "She feels sick and needed to go to your room's bathroom."

"Is it your food?" Kris asked D.O the same question that Kai told him just awhile ago, which made him pout into a scowl.

"No~ it's not my food!"

"I'll go check on her." Tao went on ahead and passed by D.O.

Now, Kris and D.O exchanged looks. "Why do I feel a sudden change of mood. . . ." D.O then shivered, his spoon and fork just made noise when it moved due to his motion.

Cringing, Kris just sighed deeply. "You don't know what just happened. . . ."

Going back to our protagonist, she locked herself inside the bathroom, still gripping on to the doorknob. cl
osed her eyes shut and tears began falling nonstop. She sobbed hard until she fell on her knees with Tao's words strongly instilled in her mind. She cried and cried until she leaned her back against the cold tiled bathroom wall, bringing her knees up to her chest.

"Please don't~. . . .I have a~ a~ reason. . . .please don't~ l-leave me~ ee~ I was s~scared~"


sobbed between her words, choking in her owns tears. Her voice was also pitching up as she talks to herself softly. "That's not true~" she buried her head under her arms to sob more, sniffing from time to time, also hiccuping.

While still crying for 5 minutes, Tao went in their room to look for her. He had a worried expression put up, walking faster everywhere to look for her. "She's still in the bathroom, I guess."

Tao went inside their bedroom quietly, and when he was about to open the door, he heard 's s
oft sobs and somehow, he heard her whine. He immediately tried twisting the doorknob many times but it won't budge, so he had to knock on the door anxiously. When heard someone knocking and it was followed by Tao's voice, she went nervous.

"? ?! Are you crying?!"

"I'm fine~" s
niffed, grabbing a piece of tissue from the tissue box to wipe her tears away before throwing it in the bin.

"Please, open the door. You're making me worried. Come out. . . ."

She couldn't do anything but to do what he says. w
as also scared, so she slowly twisted the knob of the door to go out, still trying to hold back her tears. But the moment she stepped out, Tao threw his arms around her for a tight hug. When he did so, couldn't hold it in, and so she suddenly cried again.

"Tao~" her voice squeaked, bursting into tears.

"Shh~ What's wrong? Are you moody? You feel sick?" 


silently nodded just to have an excuse. "Don't leave me~heehee~" she sniffed again, hugging him back tightly.

"I won't. . . .I won't. . . ." Tao suddenly felt guilty of loosing his cool moments ago. "Why. . . .do you say that?"

"Nevermind it. . . ." hugged him tightly, burying her head on his chest.

Tao sighed calmly. "Okay." gently he her hair and eased her shoulder as they stood there for a while without anymore words to say.

----3:45PM----

Hours passed and the mood was back yet again into a silent but deadly one. All of them were summoned into another floor and room. The usual creepy speakers were heard and the instructions to play the game weren't mentioned. They used the elevator to reach the 10th floor and Room 10,444. When they arrived, D.O frowned just by looking at the old and faded room numbers.

"Do you call this a room? I already have a bad feeling about this." D.O's heart began thumping really fast.

scanned the edges of the door, and the wood was old, especially the rusty screws. "Why do I get a feeling it's about some machinery?"

D.O's head turned, giving her a pale look on his face. "Yah! I will be a human meat?!"

Tao and Kris cringed. "Eeew. . . ."

"Don't." Kai covered his mouth.


Bingo.

"Possible." shrugged it off and then she opened the door to catch a glimpse of what's inside. "Whoa it's like a factory. . . ."

"I'm a dead human meat." D.O's throat went dry and his body hair began raising, forming goosebumps.

Tao was about to take a look when Kai went in between them. "Factory?" he tiptoed, opening the door widely. "Whoa~ nasty."

"You go in first, Kai." she pushed him inside while everybody went in.

"Noona!" he whispered sharply, rushing back to her side. "I'm scared! You go~"

"Fine, fine!" she whispered back sharply, then glancing back at Kris, D.O, and Tao. "Stay close~ Kris oppa? You walk with me!" pulled Kris right beside her as soon as she saw a steel ladder covered with rust going down the ground.

Kris was stunned, but shortly after, he went down the ladder carefully with them, creating footsteps that echoed throughout the room. "I don't like this place."

"Nobody wants to be here." answered.

"Especially me!" D.O was trembling behind Tao, clutching on to his shirt. "Can't you just Wushu whoever might appear?"

Tao glanced back at D.O then looked down the steps. "I might, if they don't carry any weapons."

"Drat. . . ." he whined more.

When they got down the floor, walked slowly while looking around the area. "Sooo. . . .this place is like a factory. We see some smoke somewhere. Lights are creepily flashy. Webs and dusts on tables." she wandered around.

"Junk?" Kris' attention was caught by a huge pile of junk, resting in one side.

Kai squinted his eyes to have a better view, stepping forward. "They're all metal?"

Tao stood beside the trembling D.O who had told him to just stay put and let the others wander around by their view. "Stay put, Tao. Stay. Put!"

". . . . .Alright."

"Holy crap." 's voice echoed somewhere. "Guys! You all have to see this!"

Running footsteps were heard as they went around a some sort of tank before reaching . They saw her standing below a light, in front of a series of control panels, and she was staring straight to her right side.

"What is it?" Tao went to her side and then she pointed to the direction of her view.

"I think this is a factory of disposing anything metal to recycle them."

D.O tailed behind Tao and when he also turned to the direction of the point, his eyes went wider the usual. "Is-is that a crusher thingy majigy thing? Two walls that comes together to crush cars?"

"What do you call that then?" Tao asked.

shook her head. "I honestly don't know what you call that." she turned her head to look at Kris who was running along with Kai.

"Oppa! Do you know what you call that crusher thing?"

Kris looked at the machine and he seemed surprised. "Whoa~" he then came into a stop. "I.Do.Not.Know what you call that. . . . machine."

Kai stared at it for a while. "Isn't that a Car Crusher?"

"So I nailed it in the first place. To crush cars. Car Crusher." D.O kept on nodding to himself sarcastically. "Why'd I didn't thought of that."

"So it is a crusher. A Car Crusher."  emphasized the word, nervously looking at it.

The machine was big and you can probably picture it as two big walls and each has a long metal hand connected to another machine with wires to make it work when someone operates the control panel.

Tao read the time on his wrist watch. "It's almost four."

"What do we do from here?" D.O's voice sounded nervous.

When decided to stare at the control panel, she saw something rolled up and inserted in a small crack. She walked towards it and took it from there. "I think I found something-"

Her eyes widened in shock as soon as she read what was written on it. "Luhan oppa. . . ."