Intimidation

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

was still trembling from fear after what had happened. She knelt down on the ground in a crawling position, still taken aback, but she managed to ask a question while looking at the ground.

"What was the last question, Tao?"

Kris pulled the hug away to let Tao speak properly. He was nervous but he answered truthfully, wiping his tears away. "We have to choose persons to. . . .save."

She then sat on her heels before getting up the floor. "What were your answers?" looked at all of them closely.

The three exchanged hesitant looks. The choices they made were supposed to be private, but it's now or never. D.O was the first brave one to admit. "I. . . .actually chose Chen hyung and ." he then apologized to Kris by bowing in front of him.

"It's okay." Kris accepted it.

"I chose you and Kris gege." Tao firmly admitted.

". . . .Same. Noona and hyung." Kai looked at the other way, rubbing his neck with one hand.

"You were really serious back there?" Kris couldn't help but to notice what Kai had said earlier to intimidate Chen.

"Aren't you supposed to be close with your members? It's okay if you did not chose me, Kai. I'll gladly accept it if I were to die today-" was suddenly cut off because of Tao's protestant tone of voice.

"No! I cannot allow that to happen, , you know that-"

"It's given that I am still needed here to fulfill promises." she retorted, cutting him off. "But what if I did die? What will you do!"

Tao didn't hesitate to answer. "I will follow you to your grave!"

"Okay. Lovers quarrel." D.O stepped back while Kris doesn't know what to do whether to cut them out or watch them quarrel.

Kai suddenly butted in, looking pissed. "That's just pathetic, hyung."

"What did you say?" Tao glared at Kai, raising his voice dangerously. "You're intimidating me. Who are you to her?" he then took a step forward. "You're not even that close to her! Watch what you say!" Tao pushed Kai all of a sudden which surprised him. "The way you speak. . . .seems like you really wanted Chen gege to die. . . you might as well be the killer." he mumbled harshly to himself.

"Tao-" Kris was about to separate them when bursted, causing him to step back with D.O.

"Cut it out! Will you guys?!" she shouted, going in between them.

"No, noona! I've had it!" Kai snapped then glared back at Tao, stepping sideways to point at him angrily. "I'm getting irritated of how you are so stupidly in love with noona!"

"EXCUSE ME?!" Tao scowled. "WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?!"

extended her arms to avoid them from punching each other. "Stop it!"

Kai snarled. "YOU PEOPLE! I KNOW ALL OF YOU ARE SOMEHOW THINKING THAT IT'S ME, THE KILLER, BECAUSE OF EARLIER, AND I LIKE TO PLAY GAMES, IT'S GETTING IN MY NERVES ALREADY! I DON'T HAVE TO ENUMERATE, I'M ALWAYS GETTING POINTED AT, ALWAYS!!! MY OPINION, YOUR ANSWER TO NOONA WAS PLAIN PATHETIC!!! FACE THE TRUTH!!!"

"I'M SORRY, BUT I DO THINK SO!!!" Tao then gritted his teeth angrily. "FINE, IT WAS!!! WHY ARE YOU SO WORKED UP ABOUT IT?! DO YOU LIKE ?! COLD BLOODED MURDERER."

"Tao! Hush it!" now tried pushing Tao away from Kai while Kris went behind to help pull him away from the back. "Please!"

D.O went beside Kai to make him stop. "Kai~ Stop it~" he held Kai's right arm but he yanked him away.

"Don't come near, hyung, if you don't want to get hurt." Kai furrowed his eyebrows while looking at him.

"Kai. . ." He suddenly shivered in fright after seeing his angry expression. D.O remembered a familiar look on his face when Sehun was flashed on a TV screen, but Kai was somehow in a deep tought. Although he seemed serious staring at the TV screen.

Kai then went back to Tao. "Alright! I'm so intimidating, right? Why don't I intimidate you as well like how I intimidated Chen hyung?" he then stomped towards and grabbed her by the wrist, pulling her to him.

"KAI?!" got so puzzled and nervous at the same time, stumbling towards him.

Tao's eyes widened in fury. "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO HER?!"

"Whoa, Kai! calm down!" Kris' jaw hanged open.

"Jongin!" D.O hesitated.

He glared at Tao and he was so pissed that when he turned around to face him, Kai didn't hesitate to lean down and kiss her lips fully. Everybody let out a sharp gasp, especially Tao, whose heart suddenly shrank and couldn't move at all. wanted to push Kai away but she was so stunned at what happened. She wanted to lift a hand to slap him but he already pulled away the kiss. Kai smirked sarcastically at Tao then pulled with him without a word.

"W-wait! Kai!" was pulled to follow Kai. His grip was so tight that she couldn't struggle free.

"Let's go, noona! I don't want you to be with that killer. Blaming me to be one. Framing me. Poor you getting by that fraud. Liar. Pathetic liar." Kai said harshly, almost wanting to cry again, but he held back his tears.

She looked back only to see everyone stunned and as for Tao, he was in tears again, looking so hurt. By what Kai had said and done, she got confused with her feelings and with the situation already. Could it be that no one is faking their death and the last person to be with is Tao, the killer? Were the clues misleading them? Are they in a right path but the event turned around? So many questions were going on in her head, and so she softly cried. Kai heard her soft sob, so he stopped by the door to wipe her tears away using his thumb before disappearing the scene.

"T-that's not true. . . ." Tao went hysterical. "Wha-what's happening? It hurts. . . ." he held his chest, falling to his knees as he let out a bitter sob. "It hurts. It hurts so much. . . ."

Kris frowned and knelt down beside him to give comfort. ". . . .I don't know what happened. It was all too fast. . . ."

"D-did she just broke up with me? W-what was that? Was all that a play? What?" Tao couldn't breathe properly. His mind right now were bursting with puzzling questions.

D.O got worried sick for Tao. "Duizhang! I think Tao doesn't look good physically, emotionally and mentally. We need to get him out of here." he looked at Chen's corpse. "Out of the dead's grave. . . ."

He bit his bottom lip and nodded, then looked at Tao. "Don't say those things. I think Kai needs to cool off. . . .admittedly, we do think he is the killer."

". . . .I guess I made it clear that we do suspect him as the killer." Tao felt so guilty, still sobbing. "I couldn't control myself earlier. . . ."

On the other hand, D.O furrowed his eyebrows. "Wait. So you guys think that Kai is the killer?"

"According to , yes." Kris told the truth.

He had a deep thought all of a sudden that caused Kris to ask him a question. "Since you are close with Kai, do you happen to notice any weird activities done by him?"

D.O quickly shook his head. "Zero. Still the same."

"But please! Don't suspect me. . . .I'm really innocent. I'm not a liar. . . ." Tao pleaded desperately.

Kris smiled softly, Tao's hair. ". . . .No one is. What I'm worried about is Kai being with ."

"Hopefully nothing happens to her." Tao tried calming down. "I still trust her. . .I think she will lecture him good. . . ."

"I do feel something weird with Kai at times. . . ." D.O fidgeted, looking at Kris and Tao.

"Like what?" Kris asked.

Shrugging his shoulders, D.O wiped his face in frustration. "I just have this feeling. . . .I can't assume anything."

"I see. . . ." Kris nodded to himself. "We should go."


----Hotel Lounge----

"Kai! Please sit down and let's talk?. . . ."
begged and thankfully, Kai followed what she said so he went to the nearest sofa to have a sit as he released his grip on her wrist.

Fidgeting, Kai looked so troubled and he got so nervous when she sat beside her. "Noona, I'm sorry. I don't. . . . know what. . . ."

"It's okay, Kai." she answered calmly.

"No, it's not!" Kai looked at
teary-eyed, tears falling again. "How can you say that. . . ."

She frowned while his hair. But she felt very nervous talking to Kai. "I'm the type who does not linger on it too much. . . .although it sometimes bother me."

"You didn't push me away earlier. . . ." Kai looked at the ground. "What about that kiss?"


suddenly felt her cheeks heating up, remembering that scene. "Did that mean anything though?. . ." she avoided his sentence. "I didn't think you would have the courage to do that even in that kind of situation. . .even if it was acting."

He rubbed his nape awkwardly. "I. . . .was blinded? By my anger. . . ." Kai didn't look at her, hiding his red face. "Aw, damn! Why am I embarrassed? ." he felt his stomach churning. "Yes no yes no yes no.  . . ."

An idea popped in her head and so she decided to be frank. "Could you possibly be interested in me??"

Kai quickly turned to her. "Yes-i mean no!" he shouted.

Her eyes widened in shock. "Take that back!"

"No! You're with Tao hyung!"


stared blankly at Kai, her cheeks flushing. "You do realize your answer to me, right?" she got uncomfortable with her feelings.

After a while of thinking, Kai realized that he somehow admitted he was interested when he refused to take his words back and that the next continuation of his sentence was wrong. "O-oh. . . .it implied something."

"You made it sound like you can't confess anything now since I am somehow engaged to him. Is that the reason why you're irritated at how stupidly in love Tao is with me? You like me?"

"You're just engaged." Kai's expression was unreadable. He seemed confused as well. "I can still take you away from him."

"But I'm pregnant!"
stood up all of a sudden, astonished, and her face got pale because she knows he's the killer. If he is the one.

Kai smirked at her expression and he looked intimidating again. "You do realize your answer to me, right? It implied I can have a chance."

"Back fire. . . ." She mumbled softly.

"How can you be so sure you're pregnant, noona?" Kai changed the topic.

"Don't call me noona."
rather spoke fast, sitting back down awkwardly.

Kai pouted. "Youngchul-ah?"

"Better." She scowled, not looking at Kai upon hearing her name as a guy back then. g
ot irritated right away. "This is a secret, okay?!"

"This?" Kai leaned in beside her. He unexpectedly cupped her chin, turned her head to face him, then planted a rough kiss this time.


 closed her eyes shut, digging her nails on the sofa. After that short kiss, Kai pulled away slowly with a smirk on his face. "Why didn't you push me away when you had the chance again?"

B!tch slap.

"OW!!!" Kai got slapped hard on his right cheek by using the back of her hand, and so he fell on the floor. He held his stinging cheek, wincing in pain.

"It's about liking!" Hissing,
stood up from the sofa and screamed near his face. "Because I want to slap you hard and scream near your faaaace!!! And it's obvious I have mood swiiiings!!!" she then stormed away, very irritated.

In a distance, D.O, Tao and Kris just arrived the hotel lounge and they heard
's last line. "Huh? Mood swings?" D.O heard it clear.

Kris turned to look at Tao. "Congratulations."

". . . . ." Tao just nodded to himself quietly.

D.O then saw Kai sitting on the floor, holding his stinging cheek. And he appears to be in so much pain. "Kai!" he ran towards him to kneel down and check him out. "What happened? She punched you?"

Kai grumbled. "B!tched slapped. . . ."

"Ouch." D.O bit his bottom lip. "Where did she stormed to?"


"I guess back to their room." Kai looked at Tao but then he turned away.

Tao also looked away but he decided to go after her. "Where are you going, Tao!" Kris' head turned the moment Tao walked away.

"I'll eat later. Going to rest for a while. . . ." he answered, not looking back.

"Aigoo. . . ." Kris shook his head.

"I'm sorry about earlier, Kris hyung. That was wrong. . ." Kai got up slowly with D.O assisting him but he refused to be helped. "I can stand."

"What did she do to you?" Kris saw a red mark appearing on his right cheek. "Did you guys sort things out?"

"B!tched slapped and kinda." Kai just shrugged his shoulders.

"How is kinda?"

"It's between me and her." he answered coldly.

"Kai. Calm down. . . ." D.O placed a hand on his shoulder but Kai moved away.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. . . .ugh." he pinched his nose bridged.

Kris let out a deep sigh along with D.O. "Do me a favor before I. . . .die in four days."

"I'm sorry, Kyungsoo hyung. I'll stay quiet for awhile. But I do not guarantee to be in good terms with Tao hyung, yet."

"But Kai-"

"How long will you stay stubborn?!" Kris grabbed his collar and pulled Kai to him.

Giving him a cold stare wasn't expected of Kai so Kris immediately released his grip on him, frightened a bit. "Thank you." Kai fixed his collar then sighed. "A lot is going on in my mind so please, leave me alone." he then walked away, emotionless.

"Kai!" D.O tailed behind him.

"What show is on display now?" Kris stood there for awhile before following them.