Static Electricity

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

 

----The Next Morning----

In Room 1236, Kris, Chen, D.O and Kai stared at Tao.  wasn't with him because she stayed inside their room to rest some more. Tao was rather caught in a tight spot.

"Admit it, Tao!" Chen nudged Tao teasingly. "You did history with her!"

He didn't answer. Tao just rubbed his nape, looking away with a hesitant look. Kai then agreed with Chen. "Why else would she rest more and why is your upper lip sore?!" he pointed at Tao's slightly visible bump.

Tao blushed hard, biting his lips. "I bit my lip, that is all. . . ."

"No~ you bit your upper lip from rough kisses~" D.O grinned mischievously, wiggling his eyebrows.

Kris on the other hand, couldn't help but to smile widely, crossing his arms to bite his right finger. "Tao? We heard  screaming."

"What! Impossible-" "Wrong side of the room, Tao. . . ." Tao closed his mouth from reacting, but it was too late. Everyone gave low howlings.

Kai smirked. "We heard her screaming in our room!" he gestured his hand towards D.O, then he palmed his cheeks from remembering some of the loud moans.

D.O jumped up and down like a silly boy. "We couldn't sleep at all from those screams! It wasn't that audible but we can hear it." he then covered his ears. "We had to sleep out but Kris hyung and Chen hyung asked us why we were looking at each other awkwardly at the living room while hugging our pillows!"

"And that's where Kris hyung and I poked our ears on the wall to hear the sounds." Chen nodded with an amused smile.

Tao felt like shrinking right now. "Can you all please stop it? I am very embarrassed now." he covered his face. He then changed the topic. "For all of your informations, I proposed to her."

"WHAT?!"

"Whooooooa~ How are you guys going to get married?" Kris raised an eyebrow. "Or you at least planned to get engaged?"

"Yes." Tao nodded then he sighed. "Why not? I mean. . . .we're all dying in this cursed hotel." it was all that he could say. He wanted to explain more, but he rather stay silent.


Interesting turn of events?
I feel like killing the child in her womb in the end. . . .
Oh the drama. . . .hahaha.
Heartless. . . .


The mood suddenly changed after that. Chen then started a different topic. "Kris ge? Will I really die next? I am really nervous. Look at how many days are left." he frowned.

"Any new clues?" Kai asked curiously.

Everybody exchanged hopeful looks. Kris recollected his thoughts before revealing what he should tell them. Among them is the killer and by one wrong move, he might change plans. "Yes, we figured out new clues and somehow. . . . .it's already confirmed. Numbers." Kris looked at a certain someone, but he quickly looked at the others.


Bingo.
Although. . . .I did something confusing.


"Numbers?" D.O raised an eyebrow.

"We prefer not to tell it. said not to reveal anything. . . .yet." Tao looked hesitant.

"But why not now?" Kai suggested. "Anyway, so it really means the dying order is correct?"

Kris nodded. "Mhmm. . . .although, something wasn't really right."

"What do you mean?" Chen got curious.

"There could be fake deaths." Tao said frankly.

"Really?!" all of them looked surprised.


Maybe.

"The death that we couldn't see was Chanyeol hyung's, right? Baekhyun hyung's too!" Kai pointed out.

"Lay hyung?" D.O pointed Lay out also but they saw him die.

"Possible." Kris shrugged his shoulders.

"It doesn't make any sense at all if he does." Chen frowned.

Tao also shrugged. "Well, we won't really know until something happens."

"What happens?" Kai got puzzled.

"You ask too many questions, Kai." Kris eyed him. "Wait and see."

"I was only curious. . . " he looked pissed.

"Curiosity can kill." Tao said firmly while eyeing him.

D.O and Chen gulped down at Tao's seriousness. He had a threatening look on his face that made the three speechless, especially Kai. No more further informations were discussed on that day and also the following day. and Tao were always sticking around together and of course, she was particularly observing someone when they are all together in one room. There were enough clues for them to find out the killer and to her conclusion, he will proceed with the killings, leaving no more clues behind. He might be just waiting for them to bust him up, or so they thought it should be that way?


Confused?
Hahaha. . . .


----4th Day----

When they all woke up, they all found a note on their suite doors. Of course, the time was still the same and the pairings were by partners. Tao is with D.O, Kris is with Chen, and Kai is with . They were all asked to come down the basement of the hotel before 4PM. The time was now 3:46PM.

"I really have a bad feeling about this." Chen nervously bit his bottom lip.

"Why are we asked to go down the basement?" D.O thought hard.

"The gaming place is there?" Kai rather said it in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Kai, what I meant was WHY." D.O emphazied the last word.

answered D.O's question and she sounded irritated. "If Chen oppa will die, obviously the hotel generators are down the basement and probably a lot of electrocution wires were prepared."

Chen eyed her awkwardly. "You mad?~"

She closed her eyes and shook her head. "Argh~ don't mind me. I'm just pissed from thinking of something." crossed her arms.

Tao went beside her to place a hand on her head and turn her gaze at him. "You should relax or else I'll punish you." he smirked.

Her cheeks flustered. "Shh! Will you stop that smirk of yours!" she attempted to slap him but Tao went out of the way, chuckling.

Kai shivered, flailing his arms and legs away. "Groooss~ please stop being lovely dovey in front of our eyes~"

"Yeesh~" D.O also shivered.

Kris then came out of their room to get ready with them but he was also smirking. He actually heard their conversation. "Let them be cheesy with each other."

Chen snorted. "Ants are crawling."

"All of you are just jealous." Tao pulled to hug her from behind then he kissed her cheek.

"Tao!" pulled her face away a bit after he kissed her. She then pouted playfully.

Chen and Kai playfully linked arms together to walk away of the scene, but they were singing to provoke the couple. "I need you and you want me! In this planet called the earth! Oh oh! Oh Oh! Every, every, everyday~ la la la la Historyyyyy!!!~"

"YAH!" she removed Tao's arms away to chase them down the hallway. "Why are you like that to your noona, Kai?!"

Kai turned his head around. "I ain't sooooorry- Waaah!!!" he then ran off after seeing going to catch him.

"You too, Chen oppa!"

"Nooo!" Chen avoided her hands and then he ran off with Kai.

"Guys/ / Hey!" Kris, Tao and D.O ran off, following them.

After awhile, all of them took the elevator to go down the hotel's lounge. It's been a long week since they've been there. The door of the elevator opened up and out they went to the lounge. When they got there, everybody wondered where the door to the basement is located.

"How can we actually know where the basement is located?" D.O scratched his head, looking around the area.

"Authorized Personnel Only?" Tao thought of an idea.

Kris looked at Tao for the idea. "Oh that's a start. We should search around the lobby."

Everybody tried looking for any doors that could lead down to the basement but there was no luck of finding one, and so they gathered around again.

"I am guessing of secret trap doors again." crossed her arms.

"You know? This game is getting creepy." Chen shivered. "And we have to go through this before I die."

"Shh!" D.O hushed Chen. "Don't say that, hyung!"

"D.O hyung is right." Kai agreed. "What if we search for the impossible?" he then suggested.

"Eh~ impossible?" D.O arches an eyebrow.

suddenly walked off towards the reception area without a word, then she lifted up the desk table door to go inside. Tao turned around to watch where she was going. "What are you going to do there?" all of them followed her.

"Looking for a secret trap door?" crouched down and to her surprise, she saw a mini door that says : Authorized Personnel Only. "Bingo." she opened the mini door, creaking as it flew open. "Ooo! Ladder."

Everybody went inside and gathered around behind her. Just by looking at the dark pit with a ladder going down, Tao nearly wanted to back out. ". . . . .Darkness. Again."

She turned her head around to look at Tao with a smirk. "You honestly want to back out, right? Well, there's no turning back."

Kris looked at Tao then patted his shoulder. "Better get over with your fear-"

"-of ghooooooooooosts!!!" Chen trolled to scare Tao.

"Gege!!!" Tao almost wanted to hit Chen but he whined instead.

glared at Chen. "Hey! No scaring my boy!"

"Mad Mrs. Panda Huang~" Kai chimed in.

"Guys! Can we just go down? It's almost 4PM!" D.O panicked about the time.

"I'll go first then." reached for the ladder then climbed down.

"Noona! Me!" Kai followed her then Tao suddenly went after him.

"I'll go, I'll go!"

"Okay, I'll follow my partner!" Chen followed Tao.

"You go ahead." Kris gestured his hand towards the ladder and so D.O went after Chen. Lastly, Kris went down and followed the rest.

Having to climb all the way down in a room with dim lights, they finally reached the ground with their sanity all good. In front of them was another door that will lead them to another room. then went for the doorknob to open it, but the moment she was about to reach for it, loud static sounds were heard and she jumped out of the way, scaring them too.

"Yikes!" abruptly went to Tao so he immediately hugged her.

"Are you alright?!" Tao looked at her anxiously. "Did it hurt you?"

"It scared me!" she whined, looking at her palm. "That inflicted some pain too!"

"Was it bearable?" Kris asked before glancing at the silver doorknob.

She nodded. "Yes. It just scared me. My goodness." 's heart was beating rapidly as she buried her head on Tao's chest. He just hugged her for awhile to calm her down.

Kai stared at the doorknob then he pulled Chen's arm towards it. "You touch it!" he guided his hand to touch it.

"ANIYA!!!" Chen withdrew his hand away. "I am scared after what happened! You touch it!"

"No, you touch it!" Kai insisted.

"Will you guys quit it?" Kris scrunched his eyebrows.

D.O was looking around and when he looked up, he saw a note stuck on top of the doorway. He then pointed upwards. "Kris hyung! A note! Reach for it!"

"What?" Kris tilted his head upwards and saw the note. So he tip toed a bit to grab it. "Now what does this say?" he unfolded the paper and everyone gathered around to read it.


Hahahaha!
Static anyone?
In order to open the door. . . .
You must make a human chain.
Be sure when you do. . . .
You won't feel any pain until the last person.


After reading, commented right away. "Oh great. I think I am back during my school days. I know what device is being used." she smirked.

D.O squinted his eyes. "I don't like your smirk."

"You sound amused as well, noona." Kai also squinted his eyes.

"This game is actually fun." gazed at their what-the-hell face expressions.

"Are you hearing yourself?!" Chen's jaw dropped, his voice moving up a pitch.

She glared at him. "Yes, I can hear myself saying this game is actually fun, again."

"We heard her right." Tao crossed his arms.

Kris then cleared his throat. "Anyway, the question is why?"

"Probably you guys should be thinking to yourselves that this is Part One of the game. The safe one." explained.

Chen grunted. "Part Two is the dangerous one?"

"Naturally."

"Oh great!" Chen threw his arms in the air in disbelief, turning around to pace back and then forth to his original place. "One hit K.O. for me."

"So we have to hold each others hands and then the door will open?" Tao cleared the objectives.

Kris nodded. "Yeah." then he shrugged his shoulders. "We don't know if it has some features installed in it or a some sort of sensor again to let the device know we did it right."

"How will it know we were even right when we will just hold our hands together?" Kai curiously asked.

"Good point." D.O agreed with Kai. "Or we're just being watched?"

shrugged. "We should try. I forgot an important detail, but I'll try to recall it during our process-"

Her sentence was cut off when Chen placed his hands on her shoulder to shook her slowly like a doll. "Why oh why did you forgohohohooot?! I'm going to die todahahahaaay~"

"I-I said I-I will try to recall it d-during our process!" she screamed near his face. "Now, stop it!" harshly swatted his hands away.

Tao's eyes widened in shock because of her behavior and so he had to pull her in his arms. "Chill!"

Chen whined. " got mad at me~" he faked his tears, then he tried touching the silver doorknob slowly, and it created loud popping and static sounds again. Small bolts of electricity were seen zapping to his palm and Chen kind of got amused. "Woooohooooo I have Electric Poweeeers!!!" he then held the doorknob and it all stopped.

"His sanity is breaking." Kris stared at Chen if he should pity him.

D.O approached Chen in fear while he was playing around with it. Chen then turned his head around and got curious whether or not to touch D.O, but he did and touched his right arm for a second without a warning. "Touch."

A sudden painful shock of electric current ran through his skin, and it was somehow painful around the hairs of his arm. "OUCH!!!" D.O yelped, throwing his arm in the air to get away from Chen's grasp as he jumped away and around the area.

Kai tried calming D.O down by blocking his jumps from his back, but when his left arm brushed the clothing of D.O, he too got a taste of the shock. "YAAAH!!!" Kai jumped out of D.O's way, flailing his right arm. "That really huhuhuuuurt~"

Kris tried touching Kai's right arm quickly but he felt nothing. "I don't feel it anymore."

Chen, D.O and Kai looked at Kris surprisingly. "Really?"

Tao released to try and touch Kai. "Same here."

Sneakily, Chen touched D.O again while they were looking at Kai. "Zap."

"OUCH!!!" D.O jolted away from Chen and because of that, he tripped on his own legs and then he fell on the ground with a thud, wincing in pain. "Double ouuuch~"

saw the whole scene and so she can't help but to burst into laughters. "Ahahahahahahahahaha!!!" she covered to avoid being mean.

Kris and Kai gasped. "Kyungsoo!!!" they helped him off the floor.

"What is wrong with you?" Tao got puzzled at .

"I'm sorry." she straightened her face. "That was mean."

"Hyung! That was really mean." D.O scowled after being helped to get off the floor.

Chen tried holding in his smile. "I'm sorry! It was. . . . actually fun." he then released his grip on the doorknob.

Hearing Chen's comment, then crossed her arms, turning her gaze away from Tao to look at him with a smug. "Look who's talking? See? What did I told you guys?"

Tao scrunched his eyebrows, then he smothered his right palm on her face softly. "."

"Ah! Tao!" she moved backwards and then she pouted.

"Anyway." Kris went back to the game. "Chen? Touch the doorknob again and then hold hands with D.O and then to Kai."

D.O protested. "It really hurts more than what Kai will feel!"

"We cannot proceed to the next room if we stay idle more." Kris said in a firm voice.

"Uhm, yes sir." Kai pushed D.O towards Chen to do it already. "Do exactly what he says!"

"I'll go, I'll go!" D.O whined.

Everybody now watched Chen taking a hold of the doorknob again. He was somehow familiar with the feeling so he looked at D.O. "Ready?"

D.O bit his lips nervously then he extended his left arm to hold Chen's left hand. Without warning, Chen held D.O's hand "AAAAH~" he got startled, wincing in pain when he felt his hand getting pricked with many tiny needles. "That was strong. Your turn." he turned his head to look at Kai.

"Okay." Kai opened his left hand for D.O to hold. The moment he did, D.O held Kai's hand, sending the next electric current to flow in his body. He jolted a bit, feeling the shock less. "It still hurts a bit."

"I'll hold your hand." Kris volunteered to be the next person so he showed his left hand to Kai. He then touched his hand and Kris felt the shock less. "I felt it somehow. Tao?" he then reached for Tao's left hand and touched it.

"Oh." Tao blinked twice. "I don't feel anything."

"I guess we're not in the right order?" Kris released his grip on Tao and Kai, and then the rest did so too.

on the other hand, was thinking of the name of the device being used while they were trying to do the human chain. She suddenly exclaimed, causing everyone to jump up in surprise. "VAN DE GRAAFF GENERATOR!!!"

"A what generator?" Tao asked for the device's name again.

"Van de Graaff Generator! Invented by Robert J. Van de Graaff." repeated the name and explained further more. "It's an electrostatic generator! Did you encounter a hollow metallic sphere consisting of a belt of silk and with pulleys during your science fair, or experienced it during your science experiments, wherein the ends of your hair would raise because it is repelling, when you touch it due to the. . . . .wait. Hmmm this one can be impossible to discharge or turn off safely if the generator is near the outlet, but anyway, I know the voltage can reach up to 2 million volts but I've heard it can reach 14-15 million volts? Or what the fudge information messed up!" she started blabbering under her breath, recollecting her thoughts for some stock knowledge in the past that she suddenly remembered.

Chen then covered his nose with a finger under it. "Nosebleed."

"What did she saaaaay???" Kai's eyes widened in awe.

snapped her fingers. "Ah! Due to the negative electrons you have in your hair follicles and the generator has negative charges. We do know that negatives repel each other, right?"

"Mind blowingly awesoooome~" D.O's mouth hanged open as he stared at also in awe.


Clever girl as always.
WTF?