Secret Clues

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

woke up the next morning and she actually slept next to Tao on bed for the first time. Looking at his sleeping face, a smile crept on her face. "He just watched me fall asleep literally last night. Keep an eye, huh?" she giggled under her breath.

To make sure he won't wake up, slowly got out of bed. When she looked at the time, it was only 4am in the morning. "Funny. . . .I became accustomed to wake up at this hour."

Next to the alarm clock was the plastic bottle and the pen Sehun gave to her. decided to take the plastic bottle and open it to shake the papers out. She then unfolded the small piece before the letter and stared at it for awhile.

"There should be another notepad here." tried opening the drawers, and on the third drawer was another notepad. She took it out then pushed the drawer to close.

Leaning on the side of the bed, she pulled her knees up to her chest and flicked the pages. As she flicked them halfway, something caught her attention. There was a torn page at the lower right, so she went back to that page and stared at it curiously.

"Why does it look like this was. . . .from-" gasping softly, had an idea to compare the size of the paper that Sehun gave. She quickly took the paper and as she lined it up at the bottom, it fit perfectly. "This paper was from this notepad???" her heart quicken. "Whose room are we in?. . . .Suho, Lay, D.O and Kai. . . ."

"Suho's dead and so is Lay. D.O is still alive and we're suspecting Kai. But what if the killer is trying to frame Kai? Surely that's possible." then took Sehun's letter to read again from the top. "I can see Kai's name here coincidentally. And this pen. . . ." she held the pen in her right hand. "What are you trying to tell me, Sehun?"

tried scanning the pen by opening it up. All that she could see was the ink. Nothing more, nothing less. "The brand name is erased- why is it erased?" squinting her eyes, she tried to decipher what brand it was, or at least, what the pen was called. "F?. . . .x. . .i. . . .o. . . n? Frixion pen?"

By that one word, remembered a simple phrase that Sehun said at the end. "Erase? But this is a pen. It won't-. . . .guess I'll give it a shot." Plopping the pen open, she tried writing 'killer' on the notepad and after that, she turned the pen upside down. Before actually erasing the word, felt the tip on the pen was rubber. The grayish-transparent tip of the pen felt like rubber. When she erased the letterings, it magically disappeared which made her really nervous.

"I feel dumb. We have a pen like this in stores? And all the money I spent in liquid erasers and correction tapes. . . ." stared for awhile, dumbfounded. After that, she went back in reality. "Oh. . . I need to get my previous notes back in our room, especially the notes from that maze." when she was about to get up, she hesitated to go back in their previous room. "I'm scared going out there. . . ."

thought twice before actually proceeding to Room 1235. She left Tao momentarily and quickly went outside of Room 1237. The hallway was dead silent which made the hairs on her arms raise up. "Better do this quickly now." She quickly held the doorknob to twist it open and go in. Flicking the lights on, she made her way to her bedroom by running. After arriving, she opened the lights and quickly searched for her notepad with the clues. opened the last drawer, hurriedly took it in her hand, then ran out of the room, closing the lights.

She went out of Room 1235 and quickly went back to Room 1237. was realy nervous for some reason and due to her uneasiness, she bumped into Tao, letting out a scream. "AAAAAH!" she quickly covered . "You're awake!"

Tao held her shoulders, looking at her in confusion. "Whoa! Steady. Why are you quivering?"

"I just went out to get my notepad. I was. . . .scared to go out." she gulped down.

"Then why didn't you wake me up to accompany you?"

"It's because you were sleeping soundly. I didn't want to disturb you and. . . .you look tired." glanced up at Tao then the other way.

He softly smiled. "Next time, you should wake me up. I'm more than happy to assist you." Tao then ruffled her hair. "I am guessing. . . .you're trying to crack the code again?"

She nodded. "Yeah, and I just found out something. I will show you." gestured her head back in their bedroom so Tao followed her.

"The pen that Sehun gave me is actually a Frixion pen. It can erase its own ink." she sat down on the floor, near the side of the bed to where she left the other notepad with the papers and the bottle and pen.

Tao sat beside , watching her flick the pages as he yawned. He then slowly wrapped his arms around her waist, to hug and rest his chin on top of her shoulder. "I've always wanted to hug you like this."

Her cheeks flushed. "Save your cheesy lines later~" sounded embarrassed while Tao just hid a smile. "Anyway, take a look of what I will do." she scribbled on the notepad then erased the ink.

"Whoa." Tao lifted his head up. "It's the first time I saw that kind of pen."

"I know right? And I think Sehun is trying to tell us to erase something." tried erasing Sehun's writing but it won't disappear.

"I guess the ink on that letter wasn't from. . . .that pen."

"Frixion pen."

"Frixion pen, right." Tao repeated what she said then he cleared his throat. "About the notes from the maze, do you think the ink could be erased?"

"That's what I was about to do. Worth the shot." opened the back of her notepad to get the inserted notes. She unfolded them all one by one according to how they were arranged last time.


JUPITEL Luhan the traitor
THUNDER Chen the traitor
INSIDE THE Lay the traitor
GOLDEN HOTEL Kai the traitor
THE SAND D.O the traitaor
OF TIME Tao the traitor
AIR's Kris the traitor
ROCK Chanyeol the traitor


"Let's try." took Luhan's note then pointed the eraser. "Here we go." When she tried erasing the letters, to their surprise, some were erased and some were not.

"Bingo. Secret Clues." Tao went nervous along with . "How did Sehun got the pen in the first place anyway?"

She shrugged. "We don't have any idea for that. Surely, it was meant for him to have the pen and for us to keep on finding clues."

He paused to think for awhile, while she continued erasing the rest of the letters from the notes. "Did you ever think of the reason why the killer is leaving clues for us to solve? Given the fact that because this is a game, don't you think that if it's Kai, it's obvious now?"

finished erasing all the erasable letters. When she heard Tao's observation, she also paused for awhile before answering. "My answers to your question, Tao. . . . ." she looked at him in the eyes. "It's because we are near the end. The second answer would be a set up to frame him. Unless, the clues would spell out his name."

"Sehun's letter?"

"K.A.I and J? It's just one clear clue, if ever, but we don't have a strong evidence yet. I don't want to blame the members."

Tao sighed deeply then thought of another one. "Who could you possibly think that would be jealous of you?"

hesitated to answer but she thought of someone. "I just thought of Luhan, but it doesn't make any sense if he does."

"Well, there is." he stared at her.

She stared at him back. "No, Tao." disagreed. "It's not like Luhan oppa to be jealous because I'm with you. Besides, he disappeared. Kidnapped, perhaps."

"We won't know, ." Tao caressed her face with his hand, then he cupped her face. "I don't want to lose you."

"I don't want to lose you either." she whispered softly, closing her eyes to feel his touch.

Tao smiled then leans in to whisper. "You better finish what you're doing before I tell you something." he pulled away.

cocked her head curiously. "Tell me something?"

He hid his blush away. "Ah~ it's something I've always wanted to say."

"Why don't you tell me now?"

"You won't finish it if I do." Tao smirked as she looked at her.

His smirk made her blush even more. "Why do I get the feeling like I know what 'History' Chen oppa and Kai were talking about."

"Oh it's related."

"I need you and you want me- frackin' sheeeeeeep." thought to herself in panic mode while her cheeks began blushing in shades of red. Coughing to steer away the thoughts, she looked back at the clues. "Anyway! These are-are what's left with the clues."

Tao held his chuckle. "You're stuttering now."

"Shut your mouth, Huang Zi Tao." she glared at him, but obviously she was trying to hide her blush away and it amused Tao.

"You never call my whole name, not until now." Tao grinned. "I'll make you call my whole name soon."

bit her lips, trying not to react, so she ignored him. "ANYWAY. We have the letters : J I E L H N E for Jupitel Thunder, I N I E H E O L E N H O E L for Inside The Golden Hotel. H E A N O I M E for The Sand of Time. A I O K for Air's Rock." she wrote it all in her notepad, now biting her bottom lip.

Tao looked at her lips. "Stop biting your lips, , it's distracting me." he tried not to laugh.

She suddenly dropped the pen to punch Tao's face but with fast reflexes, he blocked her punch, holding her knuckled fist. "It's very early in the morning and you already annoy me." she mumbled harshly.

"Annoy you or make you blush?" Tao smirked at her like a badass. He keeps on teasing her.

"I will not be able to finish this if you keep on teasing me." twitched.

"Alright, alright. . . ." Tao released her hand then rested his back to lean against the bed.

She stared at Tao then back at her notepad, shivering at the thought of him doing something. ". . . .Oh you know I wll agree." she mumbled, hiding a grin.

"What?" Tao arches an eyebrow. "Did you say something?"

"Oh no, nothing, Huang Zi Tao." smirked.

He pouted. "Not fair, Park ." Tao seemed tempted.

After finishing writing the letters down, she took the other notepad and handed it over to Tao along with Sehun's paper. "You should check it out. The piece of paper Sehun gave to me is from a torn page of that notepad."

"Really now?" he tried flicking the pages and to his surprise, there was a torn page. Tao tried comparing the paper and it did fit pefectly. He began questioning the people who once occupied the room. "Suho hyung, Lay gege, D.O hyung and Kai reside here, but Suho and Lay are dead, except for D.O and Kai."

"Mhmm~ and that makes us think it's either D.O and Kai, if we stick to that clue of him being younger, right?" went back to the arrangement of the Plane and continued tracing from Suho to Chanyeol to Lay then to Sehun. She then went back to the Floor numbers and boxed Suho, Lay, D.O and Kai's names.

On another page, she wrote down which members once reside in each Room number. "Room 1235 would be me, Sehun, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Luhan. Room 1236 would be you, Chen, Xiumin and Kris. Room 1237 would be Kai, D.O, Lay and Suho."

Looking at her writing the numbers, Tao recalled about telling them something. "I almost forgot! About the adding of numbers. . . ." he placed Sehun's note in front of her. "12:15. You mentioned about 12:3, 3 is 15 minutes."

nodded. "Mhmm~ go ahead." she stared at it, thinking of numbers right now.

"Why don't we add them up to come up with. . . .a number?" Tao guessed to help her with some clues.

"Like. . .from 12:15 we do it like this?" wrote it down. "1 + 2 = 3 + 1 = 4 + 5 = 9"

Tao nodded as he moved closer to "Yes! Like that! Maybe we should think of something ese. . . ."

"12:60 minutes? 1 + 2 = 3 + 6 = 9" her eyes widened more. "I keep getting 9. What if we try to look at the clock from 1 until 3-" turned to look at Tao. Her body went stiff when she saw him gazing at her so intently which made dry. "What were you going to say? Tell me right now. I can feel your aura dominating me."

After a period of long silence, Tao broke it. "Wo ai ni, . I . . .I can't hold it in."

scrambled getting up, jumping on bed to get away from Tao. "You naughty panda! You-YOUUUUUU HOLD.IT.IN!!!" her eyes widens in panic and she was defnitely trembling. She took a pillow to shield herself. "NOT.NOOOW!!! MAYBE NEXT TIME!!!!"

Tao knelt down on the floor to look at her on bed, smirking. "Maybe next time is never, if you're copying duizhang." he stood up then reached for her arms to pull closer to him, taking the pillow away from her. He then gazed at her with his killer eyes. "I'll be gentle. I heard you will agree."

"T-T-Tao. . . " stiffened. She doesn't know what to do and she felt her whole body blushing.

He then sighed, pulling her into a tight hug. "I'm really afraid to lose you." he began tearing up. "There's no guarantee both of us will survive in the end. I dreamt of us having a family. We had two kids in a nice house near the beach. Far from any danger. Far from this wicked hotel."

"I also have my needs and wants, . When I woke up today, I was deeply frightened when you were not by my side. I thought something bad had happened to you while my guard was down. I won't forgive myself if something happened to you. . . ."

Tao pulled an arms length away to look at her. He then caressed her left cheek down to her lips, cupping his index finger below her chin then his thumb touching her bottom lip. Tilting her chin up, Tao continued being cheesy. His romantic side was being revealed to .

"I will not take my beloved for granted, but if she wishes so, then who am I to disagree? I shall make love with you and be the happiest man to ever hold you in my arms as we traverse into this passionate day."

stared at Tao, awestrucked. How can somebody, a conservative boy like him, saying this all of a sudden? Her heart started raising so fast that she began trembling badly. "Why-why are you so-so cheesy and so-so ro-romantic? Y-you're flattering me."

Tao leaned in closer, leaving little space between their lips. "Only for you." he whispered softly.

blushed furiously. She came into her senses and pushed Tao slightly away. "Tonight! Tonight. . . . .Not uhm. . . .today. I'm not prepared. I-I mean uhm. . . .J-just let me get ready. Aaaaish~" she squeazed her cheeks to make herself calm down.

". . . . .Alright then." Tao coughed, blushing also. "I just needed tell you all that. It has been. . . uhm. . . .stuck deep inside my heart. I'm-I'm not a ert, okay."

"It sounded like you were. . . ." went down the bed to get all the notepad, papers and the pen. "I'll just. . .take a bath then go to your gege's room to discuss." she walked faster to get out of the room and to escape the awkward atmosphere.

Tao rubbed his nape, sat down on bed, then got a pillow to cover his face to scream. "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!"


You guys can actually buy that FRIXION pen. I have a lot of it. Kekeke~ Pilot :)
So if you want to do what the girl is doing, go out and buy from a bookstore or any stores where you can buy ballpens. And the History. . . .___. blame my friends. WTH XD I won't tell. Just figure it out.
Thank you for reading this faaar! I love you guys~ *throws hearts* Vote this Story too :D