Hunch

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

"You don't have to shout like that, guys. . . ." Kai twitched.

"Who wouldn't shout for that new information?!" D.O shouted again.

"You don't shout." Chen covered D.O's mouth.

"Since when?" Kris asked Kai.

He shrugged. "While they were together?"

Chen snapped his fingers. "I knew it! That panda better not do that 'Historyyy~' " trolling around, he gestured his fingers to the part of History before they gather to the center then spread out to do the chorus.

They all stared at him awkwardly except forKai who got what he meant. "Ohohohoho! History hyuuuung~" Kai bit his bottom lip then raised his hands to move his fingers to do the squeezing motion. "I need you and you want me~"

Kris grimaced at Kai while D.O boped Kai's head from behind. "HYUNG."

"Ow!" Kai glanced at D.O, rubbed his head, then pointed at Chen. "Hyung started it!"

"Two moons~ get it out, get it out~" Chen sang Tao's rapping part, but he was halted to a stop when Kris took the glass of water that drank from, and splashed the remaining water on his face. ". . . . . ."

"Black Pearl." Kris said it with a straight face. He knew that Chen was trying to be happy when he's not.

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" Kai and D.O laughed at Chen.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, laugh all you want. . . ." Chen then sighed deeply, turning sad. ". . . .I'm next." he wiped his face clean of water.

Kai and D.O stopped laughing while Kris grabbed a table napkin to give it to Chen. "Here."

He took it and dried himself. "Thanks, Kris ge. . . ."

"Don't joke around like that when you know yourself you're unhappy." Kris was rather serious, so everyone kept silent. "Sehun wrote us a letter. You guys should read it." he went to fetch the papers on the table. He pocketed the pen and the other paper back in the plastic bottle.

"Can I see it, hyung?" Kai wanted to reach for the letter, but Kris stayed it away from his reach. The current maknae pouted when he refused.

"No. I'll hold the letter and you guys gather around me to read it." Kris held it in front of his chest then faced the paper towards them. He covered the first and third paragraphs. "The second and last paragraphs are for us, while the other two are only for and Luhan's personal message." after that, he thought to himself. "I saw something hidden there. . . ."

"Oh, I see~" Kai nodded, squinting his eyes to focus reading the letter with the other members.


Tch. . . .
You hiding something, Wu Yi Fan?


"This is tear jerking. . . ." D.O's eyes were forming tears.

Chen arches an eyebrow while still reading the letter. "Jealousy?"

"Jealous of what? Unreasonable?" Kai scowled, then he felt like crying when he read the last part.

Kris shrugged. "That is why we have to find out."

The three leaned back after reading the letter. Kris then folded the letter in his hand and reached for the plastic bottle to put it in again, closing the lid. "I'll have to give this to . You guys try to comfort Luhan ge later on."

All of them exchanged looks then followed what Kris suggested them to do. Kris then went out of the door and the three stayed inside, deciding to go out after five minutes.

---- and Tao----

"?. . . .?" Tao whispered while sitting beside her on bed. "Are you alright?"

She felt Tao's hand caressing her cheek so she slowly opened her eyes. After gaining consciousness, realized she was laid down in bed, but she remembered the letter again. Covering her face, let out a small sob.

Tao panicked. "Shhh, shhh! Don't cry anymore, please?" he placed a hand on top of her head, it downward.

"It's my fault that you guys are dying. . . .I know it's because of me." she sobbed again.

"It's not. If you were not here, if you did not became a trainee, you wouldn't be my girlfriend today. I'm happy to have met you." he continued. "Dying because of you? No, I'd rather have the reason like he's jealous because someone is better than him."

By the sound of Tao's voice, stopped crying, uncovering her face. She pushed herself off the bed then spoke. "Did you get a room?"

"I took the previous room of Suho hyung."

She nodded. "Good. . . ." sighed. "I want to be alone only in this suite and by the way, thanks. . . ." she hid a blush.

"I knew you would." Tao smiled, patting her head, then leans in to peck her cheek. "I think I won't allow you to be alone in this suite."

"Huh?!" blushed furiously all of a sudden. "You won't allow me?"

Tao suddenly winked at her. "We'll both stay here, and in this room. I want to keep an eye on my girl after all." he smirked.

She narrowed her eyes. "No touching." rather said it frankly.

He choked. "What kind of guy do you think I am?!" Tao blushed in shades of red.

"Conservative." changed into a happier mood. "I was only playing around with you, silly panda." she hugged him by the waist.

"My heart is seriously speeding." Tao hugged her back, feeling so nervous. "Don't be too straight forward like that. . . .it's embarrassing."

She looked up at Tao to show her sweet smile. "You're cute when you're blushing like that."

"I won't force you though." Tao touched her left cheek while staring into her eyes.

"It's not forced if I agree to go beyond the kiss." stuck her tongue out playfully.

Tao went red all over again. "Stop that! I'm serious!" he hid his face using the other hand.

"Why so serious?" she chuckled loudly. "Stopping~ I'm just showing you that you made me happy by those words you said earlier. It made me feel better, promise!" wrapping her arms around his waist, she leaned in to rest her head on his chest.

He chuckled nervously. "You never fail to make me smile. Even before, you never did, as a trainee." Tao then kissed her forehead.

Pulling away the hug, stared at him curiously. "You were. . . .admiring from afar or what?" she felt conscious all of a sudden.

"Hmmm. . . .let us just say when I get the opportunity to see you in action or everywhere, I watch you, and I get amused." Tao had a sheepish smile on his face while he explained.

blushed in scarlet. "N-now that's stalking!"

"I am not a stalker. It just so happens you were there for me to see your beauty inside and out." Tao smiled and he sounded sincere. "To get my attention."

"I wasn't doing anything! Shhh!" she covered his mouth in extreme embarassment. "S-stop it, you romantic and smooth talking panda!" couldn't help but to keep on blushing.

Tao took her hand away then pulled her towards him, smirking near her face, which widened her eyes. "Who's blushing now, huh?" he stared into her eyes with those killer stare of his.

"T-Tao!"

Tao was about to lean in and kiss her when someone's cough could be heard, ing them. "Am I disturbing the cheesy environment?" he smirked at the couple.

and Tao suddenly pulled away from each other and saw Kris standing near the doorway. "Oppa/Gege!"

Kris stared at them mischievously while he approached them. "Congratulations on getting together!"

Both of them turned red like a tomato. "You knew?"

"More like we were informed by. . . .Kai awhile ago." he then stopped right in front of them, nudging Tao. "You keep her safe, alright?"

"O-of course, I will!" Tao stuttered.

"Good." Kris smiled for a second but he went serious. "I just have a feeling like. . . .the killer's trying to target 's emotions right now." he placed his hand on her head to pat her.

"My emotions?/Her emotions?" they were both puzzled, yet curious to know.

"Just a hunch. You read the letter, right?"

"Yeah, but Tao?" she pointed at him. "Do you have it, oppa?"

"It's with me." Kris drew the bottle out from his pocket, then opened the lid to hand the letter to Tao. "I trust you, Tao. You can read all of it. I did not allow the others to read it all, but only the second and last paragraphs, which is for us."

Tao nodded. "I see. . . ." he then read the letter. While doing so, Kris turned to .

"Did you notice something hidden in that message?"

"Hidden?"

"I think I know what Kris ge is implying. . . .look at the first paragraph." Tao showed her the letter then pointed at the first letters at the start of each sentence.

's eyes widened in shock. "KAI?!" she then looked at the last letter. "J? Jongin?"

Exchanging anxious looks, Tao then spoke. "So it's Kai?" he began trembling but he pondered if it's really him.

Kris shrugged. "I really don't know. I'm not positive yet. Are you, ?" he asked for her opinion.

"Same." she bit her bottom lip. "Sehun did say he was being watched as he wrote the letter. If we ever notice, it is misleading us."

"The Lay gege part?" Tao remembered the killer calling Lay 'Gege' to let everyone assume he is younger.

"Could be a bluff." Kris concluded. "I think that is why Sehun gave this other. . . .paper and a pen?" he shook the plastic bottle upside down to get the small piece and hand it over to Tao, while the pen to .

"12:15?" Tao raised an eyebrow while in a deep thought.

had a quick thought. "If it's 12:15. . . .that will be 12:3."

"So?" Kris couldn't follow.

"You know! 15 minutes is 3."

"I don't see the difference-"

"Wait!" Tao suddenly bursted. "Add the numbers to get the similar answer?"

"How?" Kris and asked, but when Tao was about to explain, three familiar voices were heard screaming.

Hurried footsteps were heard, then they all appeared in the room, exclaiming at the same time. "LUHAN HYUNG IS MISSING!!!"

, Tao and Kris were shocked. Why did he go missing all of a sudden? "You guys can't be serious?!" opened wide, panicking.

Tao held on to her shoulders for a second to whisper. "Emotions. . . ."

When he whispered that word, almost went to that point, so she took a deep breath to calm herself down and even her mind from making rash decisions.

"We're serious, noona!" Kai flailed his arms.

"No trace of him everywhere!" D.O panicked.

"By that, we mean everywhere! Even in the hallways of this floor!" Chen bit his lips nervously.

Kris pinched his nose bridge. "Same fate as Sehun, perhaps?"

"That would be in two weeks. . . ." sighed in despair.

"Don't lose hope, ." Tao held her hand tightly. "Be strong."

She tried not to make any crying sounds, so she leaned in to hug Tao tightly for some comfort. "Keeping calm." she whispered softly.

"What do we do now?" D.O asked.

"As usual, we don't do anything but wait." Kris answered.

"If Luhan gege disappeared in their room, does that mean we should be staying at Room 1237?" Chen assumed.

"Obviously, you have to." pulled away from Tao then asked a question. "Are you guys sure there's nothing suspicious in his bedroom?"

"Uhm. . . .the pillows disappeared on his bed?" D.O wasn't sure of what he was saying.

"Is that even suspicious?" Kai eyed D.O.

"Luhan gege doesn't want anyone on his bed for sure." Chen shrugged.

"I won't get his pillows and I have my own there." Tao blinked in confusion.

"Aha!" snapped her fingers. "Secret trap doors! If no one's touching anything there, then the bed folded towards the wall and he fell in. The headboard opened, shifted, or something like that could have happened? I mean, back in that Shark Tank, Tao and I saw a trap door."

"Yes, I remember that." Tao pursed his lips.

Kris pointed at her, gesturing his finger. "You could be right."

"Does that mean we stay away from our beds?" Kai pouted at the thought of sleeping on the floor or on the couch.

"Not really, if you check the wall, then you're fine." Kris answered again.

"That settles it." nodded.

D.O looked at the couple mischievously. "Both of you will settle here, correct?"

Tao and looked in different directions, trying to hide their tomato faces. Kris then chuckled. "Just enjoy being together."

"Heh, heh~ History~" Kai and Chen started the dirty joke again.

"History?" cocked her head to the side.

Tao somehow got the message and so he covered her ears. "Don't listen to them."

Kris palmed his face. "We will leave you guys in peace. Get some rest and I'm sure Tao will take care of you from now on. I'll try to handle things from here."

She uncovered her ears from Tao's hands. "Thank you, Kris oppa." sounded grateful. "Do your best and be careful."

"Ditto."