Notes

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

 

"Anyway. . . .did you guys found any clues during the game?" asked everybody to change the situation. While doing so, she asked Luhan to get some bandages for Lay's thigh.
 
"Oh, we did." Kris was the first one to speak up. "In fact, this game was to find notes hidden in some trap rooms."
 
"Ah-" suddenly thought of something but decided not to tell it so she shrugged it off and quickly continued,  "So that is the main objective." she nodded, just making it sure. 
 
After awhile, Luhan came back with the bandages and gave it to her so unrolled some of the white cloth to wrap it around Lay's thigh. "Anything peculiar? Actually. . . .I suddenly found it coincidental that I thought of Slenderman when they were getting notes."
 
"Ow!" Lay winced again.
 
"Sorry~ bear with it oppa~"
 
"Peculiar? The notes!" Luhan drew out his note from his pocket then gave it to her. "Read it!"
 
"And this was mine along the way with gege." Chen handed his note over to her.
 
After bandaging Lay, opened the notes and saw what was written. "Jupitel and Thunder? They sound like a game attack. Mmmm. . . . Ragnarok?" she looked at them. "Do you guys know that game?"
 
All she got was clueless stares from them but Chen pointed at Kai. "Isn't it that you also like games? You must know it!"
 
Kai stared at Chen for a minute after crying for a bit then he slowly shakes his head. "Aniyo. . . .but maybe familiar."
 
D.O suddenly raised his right hand. "What if the killer likes games? I mean. . . .I think I noticed that when we were getting notes in a maze, I thought of that scary game, Slenderman."
 
"Isn't it that it's already given that HE likes games?" Lay gave his opinion with a painful expression, enduring the pains from time to time.
 
"Wait!" spoke first to express her thoughts. "Like oppa, I also thought of Slenderman and so are you saying the killer is a GAMER?" she raised an eyebrow.
 
D.O nodded. "Yeah."
 
"Kai is a gamer." Chen pointed out again.
 
Kai quickly scowled, glaring at Chen. "Hyung! Are you blaming me?!"
 
Chen raised his hands defensively, waving it. "N-no! I was just saying. . . .it. Don't get so defensive! but you are a gamer. . . ." he mumbled.
 
Kai was about to smack Chen but stood up and kicked both of their shins from Chen to Kai. "OW!" both of them held their shins to relieve it from the pain.
 
"Will you two be quiet?!" she scolded them while D.O stared at them.
 
"Mianhae. . . ."
 
inhaled then exhaled deeply. "Right. Okay." she sat down again. "Can I see your notes?"
 
D.O was a bit taken aback but he quickly said something to her that he forgot to tell, trying to feel his pockets. "Uhm. . . .I forgot to tell something. Chanyeol hyung was my partner and when we both entered the last room, someone clothed in black dragged me out, covering my nose with a handkerchief to knock me out unconscious so that they could. . . .burn hyung alive."
 
He felt the note in his pocket then pulled it out. "We only got one-" D.O got surprised that he actually pulled two notes. "On second thought. . . .I think that person clothed in black inserted this in my pocket." he handed it over to .
 
"Let me see. . . ." she examined the notes. "The Sand and The Rock? there goes The Traitor again. . . ." she looked at them. "Give me all your notes. By partners."
 
Luhan and Chen gave theirs first earlier so it was followed by Kris and Kai then finally, Tao gave the notes to for Lay. She then read them carefully. "Air's and Golden Hotel. Of Time and Inside The. I think they are words that we need to connect together."
 
Exchanging puzzled looks, she may be right about it since Luhan and Chen's note seem to be connected with each other. knelt down the floor to spread the notes around while EXO gathered around to take a look. Staring at the notes for awhile to decipher, Tao pointed at his note and D.O's.
 
"What if we connect those two notes? It'll become The Sand Of Time. I just thought of Time Control."
 
switched the notes near each other to connect them. "Seems legit."
 
Kai then pointed at his and Lay's notes. "I guess saying Inside The Golden Hotel is legit?"
 
She then switched the notes near each other and placed them at the top of The Sand Of Time. "So, Kris and Chanyeol's notes says. . . .Air's Rock then?" she placed it at the bottom of The Sand of Time.
 
All they did was stare at the notes. It was hard to tell what the killer is telling them. "Maybe there are hidden. . . .letters?" Kris tilted his head to look at the notes.
 
Luhan pouted. "If it is, how should we know?"
 
"Spell out something?" Lay gave a suggestion while enduring the pain, breathing uneasily.
 
"The killer's name?" looked past behind her shoulder.
 
Lay nodded. "Maybe we could decipher something."
 
"So we need to name the members." she looked again at the notes. "but all of them have their letters."
 
"My head is hurting." D.O's eyebrows came together.
 
"Maybe it's a distraction?" Kris thought."To keep us occupied."
 
"For all that trouble?!" Kai got dismayed.
 
"No no no, I don't think it is a distraction." bit her lip.
 
Lay on the other hand got dizzy all of a sudden. His vision suddenly went blurry and wanted to call their attention but Tao was very near him so he tugged his shirt. "Tao~" he called softly.
 
Facing him, Tao saw Lay pale and it looks like he wanted to puke. "Gege! What's wrong?" he asked with concern.
 
"I think. . . .I want to throw up." Lay gagged.
 
Panicking, Tao called their attentions. "Lay gege's going to throw up!"
 
D.O and Kris went to the opposite direction but they bumped into each other. Kris looked down at him. "What will you get?"
 
"Plastic bag!"
 
"Do you guys know where it is?" asked since she occupies the room along with Luhan.
 
"Uhm. . . .no." they both answered embarrassingly.
 
She faced palm herself but Luhan volunteered to get it. "I'll get it!" he quickly ran to the kitchen.
 
"It was adrenaline. . . .rush." Kris rubbed his nape.
 
"Automatic." D.O looked away.
 
"Here it is!" Luhan waved the black plastic bag.
 
"Bwo. Fast." Kai stared at Luhan going to Lay.
 
"That's a garbage bag." Chen pointed out.
 
"Well, it's plastic!" Luhan scowled.
 
"Whatever!" Tao took the garbage bag from Luhan then handed it over to Lay. "It's disposable."
 
Luhan stuck his tongue out at Chen. "It's disposable anyway!"
 
Chen groaned. "Fine~ It's a disposable black garbage bag. . . . Plastic."
 
Lay threw up the moment he got a hold of it. He was showing the vomiting symptom that mentioned earlier. Tao rubbed his back in a circular motion to ease him a bit from vomiting. She stood up and got the towel to wipe his mouth clean while Lay places the garbage bag away first in case he vomits again.
 
"Are you done?"
 
"Yeah."
 
"Uhm . . . ." looked at D.O. "Can you get me an Ice Cube in a cup?"
 
"What for?" 
 
"To let him eat and it. Just to make him better from. . . .feeling like he will vomit." she quickly added. "My umma does that to me. It works."
 
Not only D.O was in awe, but everyone else so he quickly went to the kitchen to get what she asked of him. Lay got shy all of a sudden to her. "This is too much. Thank you, . . . ."
 
"Aaah~ don't mention it. We're both sick anyway-" sneezed abruptly but she covered in time. "It's the least I could do as a girl."
 
"Dongsaeng~ you should rest!" Luhan went beside her while D.O got back to hand the ice cube in a cup to Lay so he started eating and it. "You haven't fully recovered yet! You might strain yourself. I'll cook rice gruel for both of you."
 
smiled. "Okay, okay~ I should go back to bed. First, I think there is a change in roommates, right?" she looked at them then they all exchange looks.
 
Kris then spoke. "Since Lay is here in and Luhan gege's room, Tao would transfer here with his partner. Moving him would cause him pain."
 
Tao and got surprised and both had the same thoughts the moment Kris decided. ". . . . .He's doing that on purpose."
 
Duizhang coughed then continued. "Kai and D.O would be staying with us." he picked all the notes up then gave it to .
 
"I'll be going first." she bade goodbye first before proceeding to her bedroom again.
 
"So that means, we will empty our room?" Kai cleared things up.
 
"Nae." Kris answered in Korean.
 
"What about hyung's things?" D.O frowned. He was referring to Suho.
 
"Take it or leave it."
 
"Just leave it, hyung." Kai looked at D.O. "We will just miss hyung if we have his things lingering around."
 
D.O got disappointed. "I guess you have a point."
 
"So. . . .I have to transfer my things here?" Tao eyed Kris dangerously but he ignored it.
 
"Yes, and if anything happens, you can wushu them out." he plainly said with an innocent smile.
 
Tao looked uneasy now. "Alright. . . ." he then looked at Lay. "I'll watch gege here and I think I would also sleep here."
 
"Well, if you say so, Tao. I'll get you a comforter-" Luhan offered but he was stopped by Tao.
 
"No no no! It's okay, gege! I'll get it myself just show me."
 
"Alright."
 
They went to the bedroom. Chen then leaned in to whisper at Kai and D.O. "Do you think there would be chaos in here?"
 
Kai gestured his hand, showing Chen that it's right in the middle as he placed it just right in front of him. "Maybe?"
 
"Does Tao and Luhan hyung know?" D.O asked curiously. He was talking about the love triangle.
 
Both Chen and Kai shrugged. "Who knows?"
 
"Lay." Kris placed a hand on his shoulder. "We'll be going."
 
He nodded with a smile. "Sure, gege."
 
Kris patted his back twice before going out with Kai, D.O and Chen. On the other hand, closed the door in her room. She went to her drawer to pull out the notepad she's been writing on. Sitting on the floor, she flicked some pages to write on a blank page for new clues. took out a pen then started writing it all.
 
JUPITEL Luhan the traitor
THUNDER Chen the traitor
INSIDE THE Lay the traitor
GOLDEN HOTEL Kai the traitor
THE SAND D.O the traitor
OF TIME Tao the traitor
AIR's Kris the traitor
ROCK Chanyeol the traitor
 
After writing it all, she stared at her notepad. "What are you trying to say?"