Happy Burning

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

----Lay and Tao---

OF TIME
-Tao. . . .The Traitor.


Previously, Lay and Tao got the first note where they almost died by the huge axe in the nick of time. Now, they are on their way to the next room. Opening a single door, Lay took a peek inside. When he caught a glimpse of the area, it was quite damp. The ground was wet and there was even a puddle.

"I wonder why this room is wet?" Lay swung the door open as he went in, followed by Tao.

Tao also looked around the surrounding area, stepping on a puddle. "Maybe there is something in here?"

Ruffle. Ruffle.

"?! Hyung! Did you heard that?" Tao halted to a stop when he heard the leaves ruffling strangely.

Ruffle. Hissss.

"O-okay. . . .I definitely heard another sound." Lay began shaking in fear. "There is something here-"

"WHOA!!!" Something attacked Tao but he quickly saw it and dodged away.

"Is that a Ratte Snake?!" Lay exclaimed wide eyed.

"This is not a Rattle Snake!!! It's too fa-aast!!!" Tao dodged another strike from it, getting a wooden box to defend himself as it sliders towards him with a hiss. "THIS IS NOT MY THIRD ALMOST DYING EXPERIENCE. NOT ON MY CLOCK!!!" he tried fending it away.

Lay stepped backwards but as he did, another snake was hiding in one of the wooden boxes, striking Lay so he got bitten. Its sharp fangs pierced through his unprotected skin, injecting a deadly poison at his left thigh. "AAAAHH!!!"

"GEGE!!!"

He fell on the ground due to the severe pain he quickly felt at the site of bite. Lay winced more when his thigh were inflicting excruciating pain from time to time. The snake was still around Lay, staring at him with caution. When it tried biting Lay again, he quickly dodged to the right, its fangs getting stuck on the wooden box. The snake struggled to get its fangs out.

"Taaao. . . .help." Lay began breathing slowly, clutching on his shirt near his chest. "I think my heart rate is decreasing. . . ."
 
Out of frustration, Tao finally threw the wooden box towards the deadly snake when it tried to strike at him. He quickly crushed the snake by stepping on the wooden box over and over again until he broke through it. He took a piece of the broken wood and went to Lay, smashing the snake's head, crushing the skull and blood squirted out.
 
Tao threw the broken piece of wood away then went to Lay, kneeling down with concern as he looked at his thigh. "You're bleeding!"
 
"I know. . . ." Lay cried in pain and tears began rolling down his cheeks. "Taaao~"
 
"Your gums is also bleeding!" Tao went hysterical when he saw Lay's gums bleeding. "What kind of snake did we encounter?!"
 
Lay touched his gums then he saw blood on his finger. "I wish she was here. . . ."
 
"?"
 
"She loves watching about animals, right? So maybe she's familiar with my symptoms-ouch!" Lay winced again, looking down on his thigh which was bleeding badly. "Mmmft. . . .why does this hurt so much?!"
 
"This is not good. . . .you need an antivenin, fast! And your health is in danger. . . .your blood clotting too adds up to it!" Tao doesn't know what to do as he watched Lay cry more in pain.
 
"Aah. . . .just look for the note then let's get out of here. . . ." Lay tried breathing slowly. The pain was too severe, feeling his muscles inflict pain. "The snake that bit me must be something dangerous. . . ."
 
"Yeah." Tao couldn't say anything else so he took a handkerchief from his pocket, folded and tied it around his thigh, right above his bite so that the poison won't spread too fast in his circulatory system.
 
"Thanks, Tao. . . ."
 
He then stood up and quickly looked everywhere to find the last note. "If it's Chanyeol hyung, then it's Lay. There is a possibility that both of us can be bitten but maybe there is still something up ahead? Damn this! It's according to plan. We should be separated to begin with. . . ."
 
----Chen and Luhan----
 
JUPITEL
-Luhan. . . .The Traitor
 
"So we're complete." 
 
Luhan showed his note to Chen. They had just solved a puzzle that involves about directions using five small mechanical operated statues that they needed to move around to put it in the correct bunker. If they got even one wrong, the statues would go back to its original places.
 
"Jupitel?" Chen tilted his head to the side while reaching for his pockets. "Thunder. . . ." he unfolded the note he owned.
 
"You know. . . .I think ours is connected." Luhan felt like it really was somehow connected.
 
"You know. . . .Jupitel Thunder sounds like a game attack." Chen twitched but also gained goosebumps when it is somehow related to his element.
 
"Chen, stop repeating the words 'you know'."
 
"What, Yunho hyung?"
 
Luhan was about to hit him when Chen dodged it quickly. "Yah! I was just loosening up the tension in the air!"
 
He scowled, pocketing the note back. "We're done. We should go back to the entrance." Luhan walked away.
 
Chen scratched his nape and followed Luhan. "Isn't it odd?" he strikes a conversation again.
 
"What?" Luhan walked over a fallen log, twigs snapping and leaves ruffling as he stepped on them. He doesn't sound interested.
 
"By this time, we're all done and it's getting darker." Chen continued. "Shouldn't we be. . . .hearing the killer by now?" Luhan stopped dead at his tracks so Chen bumped right into him. "Hyung! Warn me when you're going to stop-"
 
"Chen!" he turned around with a pale face."Something is not right!"
 
"Oh great. . . ." Chen rolled his eyes. "You mean we should go back-"
 
Luhan suddenly held Chen's shoulders. Then, he was shaken like a doll. "Aniyo! Chanyeol is in danger!"
 
"Isn't he supposed to be the next one to die-" Chen got shaken again.
 
"NAE! Something should be burning and if there is, WE'RE ALL IN DANGER!"
 
Chen whined. "Ah-ah-ah hyung! Stop shaking me-. . . ." his eyes widened in realization so Luhan stopped shaking him. "Crap. This wooden maze will burn down to cinders."
 
As they stared at each other, Luhan quickly looked for some wooden boxes. "Quick! We need to get an above view!"
 
"Omo omo omo~ uhm." Chen looked around for some weak holes then spotted a broken area. "Hyung! We should pile the stacks of wooden boxes in that area!" he pointed.
 
"Arasso! Help me!"
 
Luhan and Chen quickly helped each other to move the bigger wooden box first followed by the smallest one and stack them one by one until they made a ladder. Luhan carefully climbed until he reached the ceiling. Pushing it, Luhan found it easy to break through so he tried pushing the wooden plank upwards to break it.
 
Snap.
 
Successfully, Luhan have broken through the wooden plank so Chen watched from below as Luhan climbed one more step, ready to catch him if he ever falls. When Luhan saw the above view, he was so shocked on what he was seeing. In a particular area, there was a huge bonfire. More likely, the surrounding area was getting eaten up by the blazing fire and if they failed to reach the only way out of the maze, all of them are toast, game over to be exact.
 
"Chen! We need to quickly get out of this maze! This whole place will burn down!" Luhan shouted from above.
 
Chen shouted back down below to reply. "Well, don't just stand there! Get down now, hyung! Ppali!"
 
"Ah! Right!" Luhan hurriedly climbed down, jumping to get to the ground already. After jumping, Luhan and Chen raced each other to go back to where they started.
 
----Chanyeol----
 
"Everywhere is burning. I don't know where to go." Chanyeol covered his nose using his clothes. He kept on coughing due to the smoke that the fire was creating from the burning woods and leaves.
 
"If this keeps up. . . .I'll lose consciousness. . . .and eventually die." Chanyeol jumped to the right when a piece of wood plummeted down on top of him so he stumbled sidewards but he jumped back when he almost forgot that the flamethrowers were active spitting out fire on each corners of the room.
 
After moving aside and no where to go, he suddenly thought of Baekhyun. ". . . . .I guess we have the same fate of getting cooked." Chanyeol closed his eyes and tears began appearing. He remembered Baekhyun's death and how cruel was his body to look burnt.
 
Chanyeol even had the energy to chuckle softly, wiping his tears away as he let out a small sob. "Why should I be crying? I should be happy to get burned to crisps. Burned to cinders. Burned into nothing." He sobbed again, tears rolling down like a waterfall. "I'm the Happy Virus, right?"
 
He faced the center of the room and stared at the bonfire. Chanyeol thought of burning himself to make his death quick so without hesitations, he began walking towards the fire. As he did, Chanyeol spoke his mind out even if no one could hear him. He wanted to say his last message. The last message he passed on to for her to tell them when he's dead.
 
"Ah. . . .my last days. I'm lucky to have my friends. I. . . .I hope you guys would stay safe. It was fun to work with my fellow Exo brothers even though I get bullied. What a height advantage." Chanyeol chuckled once again but it was full of sadness and pain from his heart. He stopped right in front of the fire, feeling the intense heat as he continued to say his last sentences.
 
"But it was still fun. We all laugh and cry on our moments together. We work day and night to fulfill our dreams. Now, time has been too short for us, sadly. . . .Please find the killer and kill him for us. We want justice for the departed. He should atone for his sins. . . .

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

 
. . . . . .Happy Burning."
 
Chanyeol closed his eyes and walked in the fire. He can be heard screaming in pain as the flames burns his skin. At his last minutes on earth, Chanyeol was able to say their catch phrase before falling dead on the ground.
 
"We are one. . . ."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 
Back in 's bedroom, her eyes suddenly flew open, as if she heard Chanyeol's voice whispering to her in her sleep. She stared at the ceiling for awhile but later, her eyes became watery then she shed tears of sadness.
 
"Chanyeol. . . .I will do my best."