Traps

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

----3:45PM----

Everybody used the elevator going up the 35th floor only because on the last five floors, you'd have to use the fire exit and climb the stairs all the way to the rooftop so it was very tiring. The entrance to go up the rooftop is located on the 35th floor.

"Seriously, I'm tired already." D.O gave out heavy breaths as they climb the third staircase, fumbling to hold on to the stair handrail.

"Aah~ we're almost there~" Kai took a rest for awhile then climbed again.

"Crawl. . . .crawl. . . ." Chen crawled on the stairs with his hands but he received a slap from Chanyeol, causing him to shoot straight up, covering his . "YAH!"

"You'll get tired more if you do that!" he chuckled then nudged Tao.

"Oh. . . .nae." he smiled only for a little while but Tao moved an inch away from Chanyeol which Kris noticed since he was at the back.

"Hmm?. . . .Why did Tao suddenly acted that way?" Kris curiously thought to himself.

Lay noticed Luhan not saying a word since they started climbing up the steps. He couldn't help it but to ask him a question, tapping his shoulder. "Why are you so quiet?"

He answered, "I'm just worried about . She's alone. What if something happens?"

"Aah~" Lay nodded, biting his lips. "I couldn't assure anything but hopefully she's safe." he saw Luhan pouting so he patted his back. "Don't think about it."

"Woo at last we're here!" Chen dropped on the floor, catching his breath.

Chanyeol then went for the doorknob. "Should I open it?" he asked Kai who was beside him along with D.O, Chen, Lay, Tao and Kris.

Kai nodded. "Go ahead."


Click.

He swung the door open, slowly and carefully. To their surprise, they saw dead and dried leaves everywhere. There were stacks of wooden boxes, old things, from dead branches to twigs and vines, scattered on the floor and hanging from the walls. Dusts can be seen floating in the air as the sunlight shines through the holes. It was quite hot inside too. They were at the rooftop but the place was built like a maze. Up ahead, they saw the four doors and their names were carved on it. Starting from the left : Tao and Lay. Chen and Luhan. D.O and Chanyeol. Kris and Kai.

Taking a quick glance at his wristwatch, Lay nervously asked everyone. "So I guess we start?" Exchanging looks, they went to their respective partners then parted ways.

----Kris and Kai----

Kris and Kai approched their door. Their names were carved on the wooden door and the font was that of EXO. It was creepy as they stared and from how it was done, you can tell the person was frustrated.

"He must be angry or something?" Kai stared at their names more.

"Ah~ what do we know?" Kris shrugged it off and pushed the door open.

"Is it safe, hyung?" Kai tried taking a peek behind Kris.

"Just another room full of dusts and leaves, twigs and branches, wooden boxes, old things and more sunlight." Kris stepped inside followed by Kai closing the door behind.

Kai looked around the area with caution. "Hyung? How do we search for our notes? It could be anywhere."

Kicking off some leaves, Kris went for the wooden boxes. "We should search every single space and possible areas that it could be hidden."

"Arasso~" Kai lifted up a wooden box in a corner and got startled when a cockroach crawled out, letting out a small scream. "Bwooo!!!"

Kris averted his eyes towards Kai to check on him quickly. "What's wrong?!"

"It was just a cockroach. . . ." Kai looked down to see where it was crawling, moving away when it comes near him. He then ran towards Kris, a bit scared. "I didn't see anything so should we go to the next room?"

"Ditto." he scratched his head. "Which way?"

----Lay and Tao----

"So, which door should we open?" Tao asked Lay who was already choosing a door.

"Uhm, maybe this door?" Lay approached the left door. When he opened it, his eyes flew wide open and almost fell in. "OMO OMO OMO WRONG DOOR!!!!"

Tao quickly grabs Lay by the shoulders, pulling him back in who then fell on his first. That other door was a trap. They were already at the edge of the hotel and that fall would have killed Lay in an insant if he carelessly walked in. It was a long way down.

"So now I see what the killer meant by partners." Tao held his chest in fright while Lay sat still on the floor, a bit taken aback.

"Careless. Careless. Shoot anonymous. Anonymous. . . ." Lay rather chanted the words as he stood up again, dusting off his pants. "We go to the right door."

"Yeah, I think that's a good idea." Tao went to the right door and slowly opened it, carefully taking a closer look. "Everything seems normal-hey!"

Lay raised an eyebrow. "What did you see, Tao?"

Tao went straight for the note that was stuck on the wooden wall but when he took another step, he snapped a string that was stretched across the room. "I found the note-" he looked down quickly, face going pale as soon as he realized it was another trap.


C-clink. Eerng.

Snap.


It was lucky that Lay saw what was going to happen. There was a huge axe coming from the right, going to slice Tao in half if he doesn't move right away. With quick reflexes, Lay ran and jumped behind Tao, pushing him down the floor.

"DUCK!!!"


Swoop.

The axe swung to the left, leaving Tao and Lay faced down and frightened on the floor. Facing up, they were about to stand and relax but the axe swings back again. It swung to the right then left but after that, it stopped right in the middleof them. As it stayed still, the weight of the axe was causing the ceiling to collapse or it was part of the trap, squeaking, cracking and snapping sounds can be heard. Looking at each other, they had a bad feeling about it.

Lay muttered. "Tao?"

"Lay hyung?" Tao tensed up.

"ROLL LIKE A PANDAAA/UNICOOORN!!!"

Screaming for their lives, the axe fell from the ceiling. Tao rolled to the left while Lay rolled to the right with the right timing. The huge axe pierced through the ground and moments later, the whole body fell, its handle facing the door that they just came through. Dusts flew everywhere, even leaves. Then Tao and Lay was heard coughing after the nerve wrecking scene.

"I'm starting to get a hang of that saving each others butts." Lay coughed on the ground, leaves blowing away from him as he sat straigt up the dusty ground.

Tao sneezed, leaves and dusts flying everywhere as he pushed himself off the floor, coughing as well. ". . . .That is my second almost going to die experience. I do not want to encounter my third almost going to die experience."

Lay looked at Tao then picked up a rock, throwing it across the room. The rock flew near him so the maknae turned to his direction. "I almost died twice today." Lay rather said it sarcastically to Tao.

----Chen and Luhan----

"Did you heard that, hyung?" Chen stopped looking around the area when he heard a faint sound somewhere. "I heard something falling."

Luhan lifted a small jar to look inside of it. "Heard what? I didn't hear anything."

Chen tried looking back to try and pick up any sounds but he heard nothing. "I swear there was."

"Must be your own imagination. . . ." Luhan placed the small jar back. He then decided to move the wooden boxes away from the wooden wall and to his surprise, he found a note. "Oh, hey! A note-"

When Luhan pulled the note, there was a string attached to its back so he got curious. "Eh? What's with this string?"

Chen turned to Luhan. He even looked twice at him. Was he imagining things? Chen saw a tiny hole appearing from the left side of the wooden wall. He had a hunch that the room was a trap. He wanted to pull Luhan out of the way but instead, Chen screamed due to panic, scaring Luhan.

"ABOOOOOVE!!!"

"BWAAAAAAHHH!!!"

Squatting to the ground, Luhan covered his head along with the note on hand. A dagger flew across his head by an inch and it pierced through the wooden wall. He seemed so worked up about it and thought Chen was trolling him, his voice cracking. "YOU STARTLED ME!!!"

"I am not trolling around, hyung! Look to your right!" Chen pointed wide eyed.

Luhan did look. To his surprise on seeing a deadly dagger pierced through the wall, he stumbled sidewards to the ground. "Why is there a dagger on that wall!"

"I think when you pulled that note, you triggered the trap." Chen appraoched the wooden wall to pull out the dagger and to take a closer look at it. "This could have killed you. It's pretty sharp."

"Bwoo~" Luhan held his chest in fright, taking a deep breath. "Does that mean if there is a trap, there is a note?" he took off the string attached to the note then read what was written.


THUNDER
-Chen. . . .The Traitor


"I think this is where that partner stuff comes in. Watch each others backs." Chen threw the dagger away and saw Luhan staring at the note. "What's written?"

----D.O and Chanyeol----


THE SAND
-D.O. . . .The Traitor


D.O and Chanyeol were both looking at the note thay they got from crawling under the barbwires. If they ever touched it, something will fall on top of them, crushing their backs so the wires would prick and pierce through their skin which would inflict an excruciating pain.

"What is the meaning of this?" D.O pouted upon seeing his name. "Why is my name here?" he pocketed the note.

". . . .Maybe the killer is trying to tell us something?" Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders then glared at D.O. "Are you sure you're not the traitor?" Chanyeol seriously received a punch at his shoulder from D.O. "OUCH!!! That hurt!!!"

"I'm most certainly do NOT!!!"

Chanyeol rubbed his shoulder. "Alright, alright sheesh no need to get defensive."

"Anyway, which way do we go?"

"Uhm. . . .left?" Chanyeol went on ahead to open the next room.

Pulling it slowly, Chanyeol looked around the area. He touched some dead vines as he went in. Carefully looking around the place, it kind of reminded him of something. It was at the tip of his tongue but he couldn't seem to guess it right. So, he just looked around, moving some stack of wooden boxes to find the last note.

D.O stood near the doorway, scanning the area. It also reminded him of something. When he looked straight up while the sun's rays is shining the room, he saw a hole on the ceiling. The sun is setting and something was indeed very odd. Something was definitely off.

Chanyeol stepped on some twigs and decided to sit down on a wooden box. "This is very familiar. If I look down, I'll find a rock." he tried looking down. "Just like. . . .my teaser, El dorado-"

The moment he did, his heart went nervous. Chanyeol saw a rock. He picked it up and to his surprise, Suho's element was embedded on it. "Crap."

"You know hyung, I have a bad feeling about this room."

Chanyeol quickly averted his eyes to D.O and shouted, "Kyungsoo, GET OUT!!!"

"Huh?-"

When D.O was about to take another step, someone clothed in black clamped his mouth and nose using a handkerchief to refrain him from screaming, pulling him back in the previous room. D.O. tried struggling to break free but something was lingering in his nostrils. His vision began to blur and the next thing that happened, the mysterious person clothed in black knocked out D.O using a chloroform, letting him fall on the ground then inserted something in his pocket.

"D.O!!!"

Chanyeol was about to go for him when the door suddenly shut tight. He tried budging it. "AISH!!!" he kicked the door when all of a sudden, a heat wave of burning flames gushed out of each corners of the room.

"Craaaap."

He turned around, his back pressing against the door as he felt the intense heat when the four flames met at the center, creating a huge bonfire before his eyes. Chanyeol's face lighted up a bright yellow caused by the bonfire's light. Twigs were cracking and dead leaves were burning. He was surrounded and no where to go.

----Kris and Kai----

Meanwhile, Kris and Kai were crossing a dangerous hanging bridge. The last note was at the end of the bridge and they can see it up ahead, stuck on the wall. The first note that they saw was Kris'.

"AIR's. Kris. . . .The Traitor. Now I see how it is. Does that mean we have to cross this death defying bridge?! I. CAN'T. FLY. If I fall." Kris shouted, holding on to the ropes very tightly as they cross the bridge. They were almost there.

Kai on the other hand, his legs were quivering terribly and his hands were sweating. When he looked down to see the drop, it was a very long way to reach the ground. If you fell in, you'll die in an instant. A strong wind suddenly brewed, causing Kai to cling onto Kris, getting startled by his arms wrapped around his waist tightly.

"HYUNG!!!"

"K-Kai!!! Don't move too much!!!" Kris wavered. He fought his way out and still tried walking until the end of the bridge despite of the strong gusts of wind.

The bridge is measured in about 100 meters long. Having to cross all the way to the other side of the hotel, it was definitely risky with that kind of height too. The hotel has 40 levels. As they near the end of the bridge, Kris stopped to reach for the note since he has longer arms than Kai. When he got hold of it, Kris finally steps his foot at the other side of the hotel followed by Kai.

"Finally we got the last note!" Kai walked away from the hanging bridge, collapsing on the floor with a heavy sigh of relief. Kris went beside him, reading the note. Kai tilted his head up. "What does it say?"

"GOLDEN HOTEL. Kai. . . .The Traitor." Kris read it out loud.

Kai reached for his pocket then took out the other note, standing up next to Kris. "We have AIR's and GOLDEN HOTEL. It doesn't make sense."

"Maybe it has something to do with the other notes-" Kris glanced at the weird sky. His eyes weren't fooling him but something black was floating so he pointed. "Is that smoke?"

"Smoke?" Kai checked the sky also and saw some black smoke. "Oh no." he ran towards the hanging bridge together with Kris and saw a bigger black smoke from where they came from.

"CHANYEOL!!!"

Exchanging looks, Kris went ahead to cross the bridge again followed by Kai with hysterical faces right now.