Elements

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

"Gegeeeee!!!" Lay tried pounding the glass real hard many times but it only left a small crack. It was too hard to even break.

"Stop, stop! You'll get hurt." Kris held Lay's fist from pounding the glass any further.

"But-"

Suho interrupted. "That's enough now. . . .We couldn't do much."

Chen began tearing up as he watches the scene. "I'm sorry guys. . . . we should have answered the question faster." he sniffed.

Someone also sniffed. "It was all our fault!" Chanyeol wept.

"Yah! No one is at fault, hyungs!" Kai comforted them both. "The question was hard to answer. I'm sure we can understand that."

Luhan sneezed. "Achoo!" he sniffed. "I think I caught a cold. . . ."

Sehun went beside Luhan to hand him a handkerchief. "Hyung, you might need this."

"Thanks, Sehun~"

D.O stayed quiet, watching the scene when he noticed Tao suddenly walking off towards Xiumin's container. "Tao? What are you going to do?"

"Something, hyung. . . ." 

Tao climb up the steps and went beside Kris, Lay and Suho. "I will break the glass."

"How will- wait you mean?" Kris knew exactly what Tao was talking about.

"Are you sure? It could hurt your leg." Lay was worried about their Maknae.

"I think I could handle it-"

"Wait!" suddenly interrupted, climbing up the steps also. "I could help Tao oppa."

Suho's eyes widened. "What! You might hurt yourself!" he was concerned of her being a girl.

"What? It doesn't mean if I'm a girl I can't kick ." crossed her arms.

". . . . . but." Suho frowned.

Tao agreed. "Just allow her, hyung. She can be of help."

"Thank you." rather said it sarcastically.

"Well then! We better clear the way." Kris went down the steps so that they could get this over with.

then approached Tao and told him her idea. "I can see your left leg is your dominant side when you do your aerial cartwheel. So I was thinking you should use your left leg to smash the glass while I use my right leg at the count of three."

Tao nodded. "Okay, I got it. We should hit a weak center and. . . .an area to avoid shattered glass flying towards gege."

"Then we should find a thin spot." then searches for any spot that they can smash. When an object is frozen solid, you have a high chance to break it since the durability decreased.

She tried knocking the glass with her knuckle and later saw a small crack that Lay did from pounding the glass numerous times. tried hitting the glass once. Although that was painful, a cracking sound was heard.

"I think we should hit this spot." pointed.

". . . .Let me damage it more." Tao clenched his left fist. "Although I didn't think that I would be using my Wushu skills in real life." he bit his lip and swung his hand, hitting the glass and it made another cracking sound. 

"But. . . .isn't it useful? You can use it for defense or when you pick a fight." 

"I never intend to use it because I don't like to fight. . . .but in this situation, I might kill that person who is doing this to us." he pounded once more and it appears that they're ready to smash the glass in one go. "I think we're ready to go with this. Check it out."

"We can do it from here." took a side step to the right while taking a quick glance at Xiumin's body inside. She's trying to foretell how things will happen. If they break the glass near Xiumin's body, it would only fly to the sides, forward, and outside.

"Ready?" Tao took a side step to the left and faced the glass, trying to build up his momentum to spin to the left.

"At the count of three." she twisted her body to the left.

"One." he twisted his body to the right.

"Two." clenched her fists tightly together with Tao.

"THREE!!!"

Both of them twisted their bodies to the opposite side. If Tao twisted his body to the right, then he spun around to his left and it's just opposite for . Exo members watched and it's like they were seeing a tag team fight but it was so quick. In the process of executing a move, they both bended their bodies to a 90 degree angle. While doing so, they used their twisting force together with their arms to boost the speed and power of their kicking leg.

When it was time to lift their legs up, they made sure quickly in their minds that they should land in the same position, facing the glass. Both legs smashed through the glass and all Exo members couldn't help to jolt up a bit. As expected, Tao and landed back to their positions and some glass flew to the areas according to her conclusion.

"Ow~ that took a lot of energy. . . ." tried massaging her right leg. "I haven't kicked like that for a very long time. . . ."

"Are you alright?" Tao went to her side, a bit worried for her.

"Don't worry, I am." flashed a smile to show Tao she was alright.

Tao nodded. "Okay-" he suddenly got cut off when Luhan pushed him a little to the side.

"Hey! Are you hurt? Is your leg fine? I saw you in pain!" Luhan looked at anxiously.

"No, no, really! I'm fine!" smiling wryly, she just saw Tao turning away to go down while Kris and Suho went back up.

"Great smashing!" Suho gave a thumbs up.

Kris on the other hand, tried checking out what was inside the container. He tried his best not to throw up or anything upon seeing Xiumin's corpse there. "What do you call this? Dried ice?" Kris tried touching the ice and his finger got stuck for awhile.

Snapping out, answered his question. "If I remember correctly, my teacher in biology said that it is called Flash Freezing. You freeze something rapidly and it is mainly used for food. It is related to Blast Chilling, Snap Freezing, Supercooling and Vitrification but Flash Freezing is the right term for this killing method."

Suho twitched. "You do know a lot. . . ."

"I'm still young and learning."

"You're still smart for your age." 

"At least I'm the new hope for younger generations unlike you granpa~" snickered.

"YAH! I'm not a granpa!" Suho whined.

"Hey, cut it out guys." Kris butts in then talks to her. "So, did any of you guys noticed anything? Like. . . .how Xiumin died related to his power?"

"Oh! Now that duizhang mentioned it, Xiumin hyung's element is Ice." Luhan said surprisingly.

's eyes widens in shock. "Omo! You're right!" she quickly went down the steps followed by Luhan. "We should discuss with the others back in the room. I suddenly have an idea!" she was now seen interacting with the other members.

Exchanging looks, Kris and Suho shrugged it off and just followed , deciding to leave Xiumin in that room and never opening it again.

----Room 1236----

All of them were gathered around again in the living room to discuss among themselves. figured out something that made everybody curious. Not only them, but the killer was listening as well and was quite amused.

She went to sit on the floor to place the notepad on top of the table to write down clues again. "I figured something out. I think we're going to die according to your elements." Everybody got shocked.

Kai's jaw dropped down. "Whoa, wait. Seriously? We're going to die according to our elements?"

"How?!" D.O asked.

"Wait! Can you guys give me your riddle answers? Starting with. . . ." flipped the page of the notepad to read the clues she already wrote down. "Sehun, Kai, Tao, D.O, Baekhyun, Chen, Chanyeol, Xiumin, Luhan Lay Suho and Kris."

"Light."

"Ice."

"Water."

"Fire."

"Baekhyun's answer is Healing." Chanyeol told Baekhyun's answer.

"Wind."

"Lightning."

"Xiumin's answer is Sand." Chen told Xiumin's answer.

"Teleportation."

"Mind."

"Flight."

"Time."

"Sand and Mind? Those are related to Earth and Telekinesis." wrote the Riddle Answers beside their names.

"Wait. So if it is according to our elements, Baekhyun's element is Light. How come in an oven?" Lay curiously asked.

"Shouldn't it be my element? Fire?" Chanyeol squinted his eyes.

Some of them was about to say something but heard it and protested. "Have you seen an oven that is on fire while heating up our food?"

Silence.

"Well, uh. . . .no." Chanyeol got embarrassed. 

"That would be a grill instead or a stove." Sehun thought of two.

chuckled softly, pointing at Sehun with a pen. "Haha! correct, Sehun." she continued writing while just letting them guess themselves. "Oh c'mon. . . .that's easy to guess."

"Ah!" Suho tried to guess. "The light heats up the oven!"

"BRAVOOOOOO!!!" turned to look at Suho with a huge smile. "Oppa is getting younger." she teased.

"Yah." Suho scowled.

"Ooooh~ I didn't thought of that." Chen nodded in amazement. 

"Cool~" Luhan clapped his hands. "So it's in the lightbulbs?"

shrugged. "I'm not a walking wikipedia or dictionary or whatever." she scoffed a bit. "I know it's because of the UV Rays or I think by Di. . . .Dielectric Heating accomplished with radiation?"

"Okay. I'd rather not ask about it." Kris rubbed his temples.

Tao, who was beside him, just smiled for a bit then later his face expression went emotionless. ". . . . . . ."

Kris noticed Tao. "Something wrong?"

"Nothing Gege. . . .I'm just in a deep thought." Tao sighed deeply and Kris just nodded.

"Hope for the younger generations?" Suho glared and even said it sarcastically to her.

glared back. "I don't want granpa to feel that inferiority complex if I explained what I know." she said it sarcastically.

Kai and D.O tried holding their laughs together. "Ke! Granpa~"

Suho heard them so he scolded them. "Yah, Kaisoo! Be quiet!"

She went back to her list and continued writing notes. To her surprise, she suddenly had a feeling that this was the dying order :