I'm a Girl

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

Sighing deeply, shook the thoughts off. "I must keep calm…" she then headed for the restroom.

When she arrived,  abruptly lurched forward for staggering between the male and female restroom. "Omo, wait… Where exactly do I enter?" examining herself, she had a sneaky thought, "Might as well enter the boys… kekeke."

A sudden chill ran up her spine upon entering the male restroom, causing her to halt again. "Bwo… what was that?" her heart throbbed with an inscrutable sentiment. "Will something happen?" shaking the thoughts off once again, she proceeded inside. "Must be me."

After some time, went out of a cubicle and ambled towards a sink to wash her hands clean. She then stared at herself in the mirror before declaring, "Selfie!" she merrily grinned. drew her phone out of her pocket and snapped some photos of herself. "Am I being too vain? Hahaha! Ani… I have to email my parents soon. I'll be away from home from now on, so I have to show them what my current condition is. Always be happy!"

then decided to return to the Dance Studio. "It's almost time for the interview. I wonder how many got in?"

She fixed her things and swung it over her shoulder before exiting the male restroom. "I must say… the male restroom is very clean."

It didn't take that much long for the interview to start. Only 12 of them got in. 7 boys and 5 girls, including herself. was last in line so she had time to think of something on how to explain about her gender. She sat down on a chair and splayed her legs like how boys would normally do, and then she tilted her head downwards to brush and fix her bangs away from her face to avoid poking her eyes.

Unfortunately, the moment she sat down and composed herself, heard a titter from her side. At first, she didn't care about it, but the girl beside her opted to talk to her which probably made it awkward.

"Uhm, excuse me? What's your name?"

calmly landed her eyes on her with a charming smile. "Park Youngchul." she tried deepening her voice.

"Ahn Seoyeon." she extended her right hand for a handshake.

"Ah. Nice to meet you." continued smiling as she shook her hand. When she saw Seoyeon tucking in her hair like a flirt to gain attention from a guy, she tried to refrain herself from making any odd expressions. "…Hoo boy. What do I do?"

"Sorry about uhm… initiating a talk. It's because…" Seoyeon nervously smiled.

noticed this and she saved her from not falling mute. "No! It's okay. I was kind of bored so I'm thankful you tried talking to me." she flashed a gentle smile.

Seoyeon laughed awkwardly. "Oh-oh really?" she bit her lips.

Deep inside, was mentally freaking out. "I am so gonna wear a tight shirt after this."

Next please!

The girl turned around and quickly stood up before looking at nervously. "I'm next!"

gestured a nod. "Hwaiting!" she showed her eye smile. Seoyeon then walked inside the Dance Studio while the others who were done were still in there. Was it for the orientation?

Looking at her wristwatch again, ruffled her hair a bit. "Been 20 minutes and what? I attracted a female in 5 minutes just by sitting and fixing my hair. Bravo."

Heaving a short sigh, she inserted her hands inside her pockets, leaned her back against the chair, and waited patiently for her turn to be interviewed. "I hope it's just Kai inside. If it's the whole Exo, I'm a dead girl. I wonder why Lay oppa wasn't included as one of the judges?" brainstorming for a while, she remembered one activity of Exo M. "Happy Camp, perhaps? Wai,t no. Aish, forget it."

Next!

After 5 minutes of waiting, it was already 's turn. She stood up then proceeded inside. Walking inside was already a blast for her. Who would know that she would pass? She kept calm as she went in. And when her eyes spotted the interviewers, her heart accelerated. It seemed like her heart leapt out of her chest.

"THE WHOLE EXO." surmised, "I get it. 12 Trainees, 12 Guides. Exo K and M must have been preparing the papers and such." 

There were 12 chairs prepared for the new trainees and 12 chairs for Exo. All of them were already talking to each other and those who were paired up with a member from Exo K or Exo M started to walk out with them one by one. It was to tour them around the building. then went to Kai since they were instructed to refer to him first. When Kai saw her, he flashed a polite smile. He excused himself from his own partner, who was a boy, before accompanying her.

"Annyeong! Youngchul, right?" he saw her nodding with the same bashful smile then Kai explained the activities for today. "Since it's 7pm, our activity would be until 9pm. The interview and orientation would be done separately. Meaning, you'll be paired up with an Exo member to be your guide for the meantime."

nodded, understanding the instruction given to her.

Kai smiled. "Since you are last, your partner is Lu Han."

Hearing his name, she turned her head around and saw Luhan sitting patiently. He eyed her and smiled warmly. Back at Kai, bowed. " Thank you!" she smiled and went to Luhan.

Luhan watched her walking towards his table. The moment she sat down across him, he greeted her with a welcoming tone. "Annyeong haseyo, I'm Luhan from Exo M! It's nice to meet you!" he extended his right hand for a handshake. It sounded like his voice was of a young boy as well. It suited Luhan's cute appearance.

Shaking his hand, returned the same gesture. "Annyeong haseyo! Park Youngchul imnida." she bowed down a little.

"Let's start the interview?"

"Nae."

Luhan started off with a question. "Don't be nervous okay?" he assured with a smile. "I'll ask you some common questions. Why do you want to become a trainee inside SMent?"

Chuckling softly under her breath, honestly answered, "It was my dream to perform on stage since I was young. When I saw many Kpop Idols performing on stages, I wanted to become like one, so I practiced hard myself."

Luhan nodded and continued asking, "What is the reason for you to push through this decision?"

"I have the support of my parents and my friends. They said I have potential and a lot of passion. I wanted to show off my talents to everyone. I told myself, I will practice dancing on my own without any lessons at all to avoid spending money. Just by watching through the internet is enough. It takes time. But if you're determined enough, you'll get it in no time, depending on you."

Clapping to 's answer, Luhan’s mouth went agape in awe. "Whoa~ Daebak!" he grinned widely. "So you practice alone? How many hours?"

She didn’t hesitate to answer, "I can dance nonstop about eight hours, starting from 10am in the morning until 6pm in my house. I only rest for 5 minutes and only when it's time to eat. That's how determined I am to learn a dance or when I'm teaching someone, I'm patient enough to repeat the same choreography over and over again until they are able to execute it properly before moving on to the next step. And if I was allowed to stay up late, I can dance until midnight. Of course, give me food and water for energy!"  jested with a small laugh while he tittered.

"Wow… you're a hard worker! Good, we need people like you!" Luhan got interested and asked another question. "What is your dancing style then?"

"Hmmm… Krumping, Pop and Lock."

"Oh~ You can be the Main or Lead Dancer!"

She softly smiled at the thought of his gleeful demeanor. "Luhan oppa seems so cheery all of the time! Good personality."

"Who do you idolize then in dancing?" Luhan asked. "I'm sure there is someone! A foreigner and someone here from SMent."

didn't think twice and she quickly responded, "Michael Jackson and SHINee's Taemin."

Amused, Luhan nodded. "Impressive…" he bit his bottom lip, recollecting some questions he had prepared. "Let's see… ah yes! When's your birthday?"

"July 4, 1993." for that question, suppressed her chortle, gritting her teeth for a huge smile. "Omo, oppa, why that question?"

He pointed at her like it was the first time he heard that kind date of birth. "Oooh!!! A dongsaeng! I knew it, because you look younger than me!"

"Oh…" she giggled.

"Mianhae, Mianhae…" Luhan scratched his head. "Okay, last question! As a new trainee, all of you will have a contract signing. The company will pay all your expenses including your school tuition fees and training expenses."

He continued, "When you debut, some percentage of the money you have gained will be going to the company, to pay back the expenses they have paid for your training days. And of course, some of it will be your own money that you have worked hard for. Are you willing to work harder from now on?"

Hearing those terms and conditions, now felt the burden of being a Kpop Idol. It was a no joke. They work their asses off just to continue their dreams. If you fail to abide by the contract, the Agency shall remove you and it will resort to finding a new company that will accept you.

’s eyes showed determination. "Nae! I am willing to shed tears and sweat for the career I have chosen. I will follow the rules and be a good trainee. It is my dream after all and I'll do what it takes to become a successful Kpop Idol."

Luhan smiled widely, clapping his hands merrily. "Okay, now we're done! Thank you for your cooperation, Youngchul-ah!"

"Welcome, hyung!" smiled back.

"We should tour you around the building now! I'll be explaining the orientation while we walk around." Luhan stood up from his chair, followed by .

They were the last ones to exit the Dance Studio, so Luhan closed the lights before shutting the door tightly. Luhan led the way while  walked beside him, listening to him attentively as they tour around the building.

"In your trainee days, some of our trainers would try to determine which field you best fit in: Rap, Vocals or Dancing." Luhan glanced at , explaining seriously while doing some hand gestures subconsciously. "If you are good in Rapping while you can also do Vocals, they will focus on your Rapping skills at most. However, if you can do both, you may be given the chance to do some rapping and singing parts, like Key hyung from SHINee."

nodded. "Oh! Yes, you are right. Minho hyung is the Main Rapper. Key hyung can Rap and do Vocals. So he can be the Second Rapper too."

Luhan smiled. "Yes! Exactly." he then asked a question, "What else can you do besides dancing?"

"Oh. I'm not much of a singer, but I can Rap well and I’m good at Wushu." replied honestly.

After hearing some of her hidden talents, Luhan's eyes popped out. "You can do Wushu?! Woooooow!!! Just like Tao!!! Are you Chinese? Wait, you are a Park. So what are you?" he curiously asked, sounding hilarious.

"I’m a human." humored herself, but she went bashful. He was flustering her from his innocent and cheerful curiosity. "I'm actually half Korean and half Chinese, but I was raised in Korea. I'm fluent in both languages and I know English too."

"Ah, I see!" Luhan nodded, biting his lips while looking so gleeful. He then continued while they took the stairs, "Good! At least your training days are shortened! They will test you if you really are fluent. Our requirement here is to know at least the Korean language if you're not a Korean citizen." 

He added, "For some Asians, if you're not good at it, you'll have study hours. To learn Mandarin or Japanese is also included but the main is Korean. It depends on how long it will take you to learn. Then, you'll be training the whole day to dance until Midnight. You'll only debut when you are ready."

held her chest. It was too much to handle. "Omo… I am relieved that I’m fluent in Korean and Chinese." she couldn't believe what she heard. "I'll be worrying about staying up late and dancing the whole day and improving on what field I should master!!!"

Luhan laughed. "Good for you! Some of our trainees took 6 years before they were shown in public."

"That's very long."

"Indeed." 

Luhan turned to the right, followed by . Along the way, he pointed the different offices inside the building. They also went up to different floors and different locations to be competent about them. Time flew so fast. They didn't notice it was already 9pm.

"I think that's all you need to know for now." Luhan looked at his own wristwatch. "Whoa~ We finished exactly at 9pm!"

"Oh really?" dropped her gaze on her own wristwatch. "You're right!"

Luhan smiled. "We should go inside the cafeteria to eat, but I have to take you to the boys dorm." he started walking away to lead her there.

She went hysterical, grabbing Luhan back. He stumbled and looked surprised. "Luhan hyung! Wait! I need to tell something! I forgot something!"

Luhan got puzzled. "W-what is it?! You forgot something?!" 

"N-no~ I mean to tell you something…" she fidgeted, tilting her head down.

He cocked his head. "Hmm? What is it? Tell your hyung! I am your guide after all."

"Uhm… Actually, it's the girls dorm." 's voice went back to being a soft spoken girl. "I'm a girl." she avoided eye contact by averting her gaze from Luhan, afraid to know his reaction.

Luhan suddenly raised his voice with his eyes bulging out. "A GIRL?!?!"

pursed her lips, landing her gaze back to him. "Sorry for the trouble, but my friends indicated I'm a boy on the registration form to make things interesting. I wanted to tell you, but I couldn't find an opening to say it to you, oppa. Please forgive me. My name is actually Park ." She blushed in beats of red, twiddling her fingers as she looked down again. "Aigoo…"

Waiting for a response, felt Luhan bending to level her eyes. He was now leaning in close to examine her face features. It made her blush darker. "Extensions." he squinted his eyes.

"H-huh?"  snapped her head towards him, stepping back. "E-extensions?"

"Hair extensions! Change clothes! You kyeopta dongsaeng! Now! Changing Room! Come!" Luhan hastily grabbed her hand and dragged her the other way. He sounded lively to have found a very cute dongsaeng.

"O-oppa?!" she wanted to protest. She wanted to say something. But Luhan kept dragging her enthusiastically down the corridor. "AIGOOO!!! WHAT NOW?!"