Oven Room

The Golden Hotel 3 (골든 호텔 3)

"Oh dear~ oh dear, oh dear~ what a menace!"  ran towards the center then she knelt down to look at her brainteaser. 

The device’s screen was a touch screen and when she peered at it closely, there was a red and oval start button that could be seen on the black screen. She pressed the button then a question appeared. The animation was in a typing effect. While reading,  seemed confused for a moment. She had hoped for a brainteaser but it was rather a message for her.


Do you think you are smart, girl?

was stupefied with her eyes growing wide. "What is this?"

Probably you feel nervous now…
You're right about someone planning this whole thing.
Hahahaha!
Guess who…
I'll be the killer in my own…
… … …death game.

My brainteaser for you…
Find out who'll die first.
People had fun misspelling his name.
Maybe you know already…
Since all of you are in an Oven Room.

Input your answer.
Only within 4 minutes.
Start!


"What the heck is this?!" 

Furrowing her eyebrows, furiously pounded the floor beside her. Someone will die? When a clock replaced the screen saying 4:00 then 3:59, her hysteria caused her to cramp so bad that she had to think of any possibilities quickly. The lights above her began heating up faster than expected, so the room was getting hotter by the minute. The paint started to peel off when something popped loudly, causing  to lose her focus. When she glanced at the direction of the sound, the paint was popping and cracking and some sparks were flying and dancing. Hurriedly, she brainstormed.

"Oven. Oven. Cooking? D.O? Lay?" She bit her lip and thought again, "No, no, no… I have to think of a valid reason. I thought of two people. There must be one."


3:41

Pop.

3:27

Pop.


"Aigoo!"  flinched many times from all the popping sounds. She could also smell the smoke in the air and a possible fire may occur if she was unable to think fast enough.

Staring at the floor with so many thoughts, she couldn't find the right answer. "Oven? Misspelling? He said I may know it already-"


2:56

With her eyes bulging out after realizing who was the person,  suddenly figured out right away who will die first. "BAEKHYUN. BACON. THAT MAKES SENSE." Hurriedly, she went back to look at the touch screen to input her answer. With a five-letter answer, the room stopped shining brightly straightaway.

2:33

She answered the question only within 2 minutes.

"I was right?" Then, a click was heard.  followed the sound using her ear and she found out that her door was now slightly opened. "The door is open!"

With haste, she stood up and ran towards the door to go outside. By the time got outside, she harshly slammed the door shut and leaned against a wall. She took in a lot of deep breaths to calm her down and keep her sane. The suspense in the air was killing her and everything was in a bit of a rush. Finally pulling herself together,  tried to think of what to do next.

"I got out… but how can I save Baekhyun? Omo, what will I do?"  bit her lip and unconsciously, her legs brought her running down the corridor.

----Kris----

Glancing around the area, Kris was totally confused on what had happened. He only had 1 minute left of answering his brainteaser when a message had interrupted the screen.


… … … …Lucky you.
Someone got the answer to free all 11.

Click.


"???" Turning around, Kris saw the door open already.

He wiped his sweat away, rose from the floor, and went for the door. The floor was too hot that the paint was sticking on his shoes while he was walking. Kris then decided to run for the door. When he went out while flapping his shirt to produce some wind, he suddenly heard someone yelling his name.

"Kris! Kris oppa!"

Kris saw panting really hard as she came in front of him. "Hm?" He lifted an eyebrow.

"No time to waste! One by one… Did you answer any brainteaser?" She kept on catching her breath.

He nodded. "Yes I did? But… it was cut off."

"Cut off?"  looked at Kris curiously. "What do you mean?"

"A message appeared on the screen saying someone got the answer to free all eleven."

Something caught her attention more. "Oppa! Repeat your sentence, please. How many?"

"Eleven-" Realizing his own sentence, Kris' eyes flew wide. "It should be twelve!" His heart throbbed anxiously.

"We have to save Baekhyun!"  was about to run off when Kris pulled her back by the wrist.

"What do you mean, Baekhyun?"

"We have no time! I'll tell you on the way! C'mon!" She pulled Kris to run with her down the corridor and together they went in great hurry.

----Suho----

Suho was about to use the elevator when he saw the number descending to his floor. When the elevator door opened up, he saw Kris and  with a dreadful expression written all over their faces.

"Suho/oppa! Get inside!"

"Why? What's the rush?" He went inside very puzzled, then he saw Kris pressing the 22nd floor to pick up Lay next. "Tell me?"

started off with a question, "Did you answer any brainteaser?"

Suho nodded. "Yes, I did, but…"

"You were interrupted and a message appeared?" Kris continued Suho's sentence.

"Exactly! But we're twelve-"

"Baekhyun's going to die."  rather said it bluntly as the elevator door swooshed open.

Suho's eyes widened in complete surprise. "MWO?! What are you saying?!"

"It's true! Why do you think it was eleven instead of twelve? He will die. All of us will die in this hotel!"  said it very seriously that Suho couldn't even protest. All of them stared at each other for quite some time.

Kris held the elevator door in order for it not to close on them, then he spoke to break the silence, "I will get the other members—and you two—go directly to Baekhyun's floor. We don't have much time." Before the doors could close on him, he stepped out the elevator without a word anymore.

and Suho stared at each other for a second but they eventually averted their eyes. She saw the grief on Suho's face and that he couldn't even believe what was happening. Pressing the 12th floor to proceed to the next level, she looked down the floor before talking to him.

"…Mianhae, oppa. I made you greatly anxious."

"Ani… you don't have to be sorry. It's just that… I can't believe we're all in this mess."

"I agree… but we should all discuss after this… mess."

----Baekhyun----

Meanwhile, Baekhyun was stuck staring at the touch screen device while figuring out his brainteaser.

"Damn it… I have to do this mentally."


Use only numbers 0 to 9…

His question was about Math Grids. Baekhyun had some troubles computing for the right equation numbers, even though back in his school days, he liked math.

"6 times 9 minus 1 is equal to 53." Baekhyun tried answering the first row and hopefully, the numbers were right to answer the other numbers horizontally.

3:15

3:09

2:55


The room was heating up and Baekhyun found it strange when he realized he was sweating now. "Omo… Why am I sweating this hard already?" Looking up the ceiling, the lights were turning bright orange.

Pop.

"Bwo!"

Baekhyun got startled. When he turned around to look at his surroundings, the wall paint was peeling off and it was popping from the heat.

"WHAT THE HECK?!?!"


2:38

2:31

2:28


Returning his gaze to the screen, Baekhyun thought of any possible numbers faster. He went to the first column first to organize his thoughts. "6 times 9, 54 plus 1 is equal to 55?"

Baekhyun tried to input 9 and 1 but it wasn't the right numbers. "Aish!"


1:34

"6 times 8, 48 plus 7 is equal to 55." He tried that one out and it was right. Baekhyun then tried solving the other numbers but time was really running out for him.

0:11

The room was getting hotter and hotter every second while Baekhyun went to answer the second column. "9 times 5, 45 minus 3 is equal to 42."

He tried that and it was right, but his time ran out. Baekhyun got worried on what was going to happen, but the timer counted down to four minutes again. This time, the room was getting hotter and hotter. It was too much to handle for the human skin.


3:47

Baekhyun then coughed, smelling the smoke in the air already. It made it hard for him to breathe. Due to the extremity of the heat, the floor paint was starting to peel off, popping loudly. Baekhyun jumped out of the way to avoid them. And now, he realized the room was covered with steel—or rather was built with steel.

2:58

"This isn't funny anymore!" The screen that Baekhyun was just looking at suddenly exploded. Tiny pieces of glass flew towards him and some of them hit his arms and face. "Omo! Ouch, ouch!" Baekhyun instantly shoved the glass off of his body since it was so hot.

1:06

Baekhyun tripped, fell off balance, and fell on the floor. "AAAAAAAHHH!!!" He suddenly seethed in pain when his bare skin touched the burning hot floor. 

His body acted on its own by getting up. When he laid his eyes on his skin, he wanted to cry. It was burnt badly and his blood started to appear immediately. "What is happening~ EXO~ he-help meee~" Baekhyun started to cry loudly. Also, he felt that he couldn't bare the heat anymore. It was hard to breathe as well.


0:01

4:00


The timer counted down to four minutes, yet again, but the heat of the room was so intense that the ceiling made up of glass started cracking until it all exploded to pieces, raining down on poor Baekhyun.

3:42

"GAAAAAAAHHH!!! OH MY GOOOOOD!!!" Baekhyun flailed his arms around as he ran in circles. The glass was so hot that his skin got burned a lot.

Baekhyun couldn't take it anymore and his skin was opening up, peeling off from the intense heat. His burnt marks were getting worse and he began bleeding a lot, screaming in pain and agony at the same time. He sounded like he was being tortured slowly. He cried and cried but no one could hear him no matter how hard he screamed for his life.

"I DON'T WANT TO DIE!!!"


2:40

Meanwhile, Suho and  arrived near Baekhyun's door. Suho went to push open the door but he quickly withdrew his hands from the burning heat.

"AAARGH!!!" Suho furiously shook his hands. When he glanced down on his palms, they were turning red. "This is not good. Baekhyun exceeded the time limit."

"Even so!"  panicked while staring helplessly at Baekhyun's door. "BAEKHYUN!!!"

"BAEKHYUN!!!" Suho also tried shouting his name over and over again with  but they stopped when they heard someone screaming in agony inside.

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!"

"Oh my God, BAEKHYUN!!!" 's voice cracked then tears started to flow out from her eyes. It was out of fright and sadness.

Then, Baekhyun's voice couldn't be heard any more.

Suho, on the other hand, gripped his hair in anger then he punched the wall next to him. "GAAAAAH!!! DAMN IT!!!" He cried helplessly, knowing that Baekhyun died inside.

The door clicked open after a few minutes of waiting, but both of them refused to take a look on what had happened to Baekhyun. After a few minutes, all members were seen running towards them frantically and they saw both crying and sobbing on the floor.

Kris went to  then looked down on her to ask what had happened. "Baekhyun?"

She slowly looked up at Kris before eyeing the slightly opened door. She was still sobbing and she couldn't even bear to speak. Kris then bravely decided to take a look so he used his shoe to open the door. When he poked his head in, he caught a glance of Baekhyun's burnt body on the floor with his right arm slightly lifted up. It seemed like he was reaching for the door while dying in so much pain and agony.

Averting his stinging eyes, Kris' knees went weak that it caused him to sit on the floor from the overwhelming sight. His eyes glossed in tears then he covered his face, stupefied at their plight. "He's dead… ARGH, HE'S DEAD!!!" Kris pounded the floor, infuriated. Then he sobbed bitterly for their loss.

The most flabbergasted member was Chanyeol. He couldn't believe what he just heard and it caused him to become hysterical. "No… No! That's not true! Lies! Baekhyun!"

Chanyeol wanted to look at the scene for himself but the other members tried holding him back. He was being persistent, so he shoved their hands away. "Let. Me. Go! B-Baekhyun!"

"Chanyeol/Hyung! Stop!"

"BAEKHYUN!!! BAEKHYUN!!!" Chanyeol was being held down now with some members as he struggled free.

"ANIYOOOOOO!!!!" Collapsing on the floor with his arms held by the members, Chanyeol cried so hard that almost all of the members couldn't help to shed tears as well. "BAEK-HYUHUHUHUUUN~ Nohohooo~"

Everyone sobbed hard and they were now scared to stay in the hotel. The problem was, they couldn't even get out. They were not allowed or else something bad may really happen to them. Their lives were at stake. Everyone now fully believed . Someone planned this. He must be crazy to kill one of his own friends. Worst, it might be really one of EXO.





One down…
Hahahaha…