He's Back

My Loveable Gangster
Please log in to read the full chapter

After her shift at Starlight Cafe, Yookyung walked back home. Entering her apartment, she found her father sitting on the couch, his head hanging low. She could make out some low murmuring but wasn't quite sure what he was saying.

Cautiously, she walked over and tapped him lightly on the shoulder. "Appa, what's wrong?" The man sighed and lifted his head up. Yookyung noticed how his once sleek black hair now had some white here and there. Dark circles hung below his eyes and his eyes seemed a bit dull.

Her father looked up at her. "Yookyung-ah, I need to you sit down." She sat down next to him and placed a hand on top of his. "What's wrong?" He sighed once more and shook his head. "Remember how appa's company went bankrupt?"

She nodded, "Yeah. Didn't Hwang Hyoshin steal money that you told him to put in the bank?" He nodded at her. "Correct. I've heard that he's now back in Seoul after escaping before." Her eyes widened and she jolted up. "What?! Did you find him yet?"

He pulled her back down and shook his head, "All of my business partners are currently looking for him and I'm keeping a keen eye out for him as well. I need that money back and have him suffer the consequences he deserves."

Yookyung frowned. "I still wonder why he did that." Her father exhaled loudly. "That man was one of my closest friends. I've known for a while that he was suffering from a financial crisis and he even came to me to ask for money. I would've l

Please log in to read the full chapter