L.joe's Past

My Loveable Gangster
Please log in to read the full chapter

The doorbell rang and Yookyung ran to open it. She smiled when she saw L.joe standing outside and happily welcomed him into the apartment. He pecked her on the cheek and took off his shoes. She led him into her room and they both sat down on her bed.

Yookyung crossed her legs and looked at L.joe. "Byunghun oppa, why'd you come over?" He faked a sniffle, "Am I not welcome? I'll leave then." She stopped him from leaving and kissed his cheek. "I never said that!" He smiled and hugged her. The only one who gets to see this cute side was Yookyung and she had to admit that it was pretty adorable.

He leaned against the wall while Yookyung laid her head on his lap. He played with her soft and silky hair while she smiled to herself. She turned her so that she could look up at L.joe's face. "Oppa, hope this doesn't make you feel uncomfortable or anything but where are your parents?"

L.joe froze for a second and he then gave her a sad smile. "You really wanna talk about my parents? It'll take a while though." She sat up and leaned on his shoulder. "I've got plenty of time." He took a deep breath and spoke. "My mom died when she was giving birth to me and my dad committed suicide."

She gasped, "I'm so sorry." He shook his head, "It's fine. My dad was an anyways." Her eyebrows scrunched up, "What do you mean by that?"

A 10 year old Byunghun ran back home, a smile plastered on his face. He was extremely happy that he got an 100 on his math test and he wanted to show it to his dad. He unlocked the door and quickly took off his shoes. He ran into the living room and bounced up and down. "Dad, look! I got 100 on my math test!"

Lee Hyunsik turned around and Byunghun gulped. His father had blood-shot eyes and his appearance was unkempt. He scowled, "Go away, you brat!" Byunghun gasped and quickly nodded. He ran up the stairs and took refuge in his room.

He grabbed his old and tattered teddy bear and squeezed it against his chest. Tears fell at a steady pace. Byunghun sniffled and wiped away his tears. He thought his father would be proud of him but he was indifferent.

After falling asleep from being tired of crying, Byunghun rubbed his eyes and looked at his clock. It read 6:50 PM. He got off his bed and crept down the stairs. The room was dark, the

Please log in to read the full chapter