the last call...

My Devil Mentor

 

Your POV

                “Sehun! Sehun! Please!...” he wasn’t looking back. It felt like something’s piercing through me. Sehun… “Miss, are you coming in?” the taxi driver brought me back to consciousness. It felt like my feet are buried to the ground. “N-ne… Incheon International Airport,” I half-heartedly went in. “Hard day huh?” He said but I just nodded. I'm no in for any conversation...

 

Sehun’s POV

                “YAAAHH!!! Sehun!/ Maknae! What is?!” Kai-hyung and D.O.-hyung were shocked when I entered the practice room and kicked two chairs. “They’re in my way, I have to kick the hell out of them,” I told them and walked straight to my chair. “Yah! You scared the crap out of me!! Aish!” D.O.-hyung said and he left the room. “Something going on?” Suho-hyung asked me, but I didn’t react. “Did you two fight?” he caught me off guard. “We always fight,” I bluntly said as I tried getting my bag. “You know I don’t mean just fight,” he insisted and I just kept silent. “If you don’t want to talk to me about it, then I’ll let you be. By the way, if you don’t mind, the kids opened the cookie jar she wanted to give you. They loved it so much, kill them later,” I just nodded. “Oh… and here,” he handed me an envelope. “Don’t worry, they didn’t read it. Then,” I don’t know when the others leave, but now I’m left alone in the practice room. I find myself opening the envelope, there’s a letter she wrote… for Minhyun.

 

                I was about to crumple the paper. So this was what she was trying to tell me before Suho-hyung called for me. However, I managed to unfold the letter again…

 

Minhyun,

You were with me when I was alone; you were there to save me when the world knew nothing but to bully me. You were always there for me, and I want you to know that I am beyond thankful. I am even grateful when you told me the truth; I love you for that. I want to be the one embracing your hurt, I want to be there and I want to make you feel that you’re not alone, because that’s what bestfriends do… and that’s all that I can offer you. I am sorry. But I know you’ll understand, because you’re Minhyun. You’re my best friend, you’re not just anyone... that’s why I love you… because you will understand my happiness. How beyond contented I am… with Sehun. And I will be the same for you, because I want you to be happy too. This will hurt, but that’s why I am here… I won’t let you face them alonenot anymore.

 

Friends forever.

 

Minhyun’s POV

                I was surprised when I saw her in front of me. “_____-ah…” I don’t know how I ended up hugging her but she didn’t respond. “I’m sorry,” I pulled away; she kept silent. My heart suddenly felt heavy, how did it ended up like this? “My plane’s going to leave without me if I stay a bit longer,” I tried giving her a forced smile, but confusion was written all over her face. “What? In Canada we give goodbye hugs—“ “You think this is a joke?” she cut me off without looking at me. And I saw that she clenched her fist. “____-ah, I—“ “You’re leaving again… you’re really leaving me again??" she finally raised her head so that I can see her face. "Why… Why do you always… do this?” she was starting to cry. Her eyes are already swollen, and it’s all because of me. I hurt the one I love; I couldn’t even hold on to my promise of not hurting her again. I’m a friggin’ jerk! I turned back, not wanting to see her anymore. I need to fight this because I need to learn to let go… she won’t love me the same way she loves Sehun, and I can’t live everyday of my life seeing the one person I love, with another guy… I can’t… not now…

 

                “Don’t. Come. Back,” she paused in every word. I froze; it cut deep me… every word stabbed me. “…I can’t promise anything anymore…” I told her softly. “Don’t look for me anymore. If ever you see me, in any other part of this world, don’t approach me. Act like we never knew each other… don’t ever let me regret… letting you return in my life,” I heard a crack in her voice, telling me she doesn’t mean every bit of what she’s saying. “I can’t promise that either,” I managed to respond to her.

 

                “Flight number 122, from Seoul to Ottawa, 11:30 KST. Calling all passengers, please get ready to board at Gate 14 now. Repeating the announcement….” that's my call. I waited for her to say anything but she kept silent. I also realized I have nothing more to say. “...take care,” I whispered before I pulled my baggage with me and I started walking. “…” I heard the saddest sigh coming from her when I felt her arms wrapped around me. I turned to look at her. “I’m sorry! I don’t… I lied… I take it back. I… I…” she was struggling because she was crying so hard. I began wiping her tears away. You cried so much for me, stop crying now… please. This jerk doesn’t deserve your tears. “Minhyun… please forgive me,” she hugged me again. “You didn’t do anything wrong to me. I’m the one who keeps breaking his promises,” I hugged her back. “Now, I need to go…” I said softly and pulled her away gently.

 

                “…uhm, I really need to go,” I stated. “Why do you have to leave? You said you won’t leave anymore? You said—“ “Because I love you…” there, I finally said it. With my own mouth. “I mean it… I love you… I only love you… since then I loved you and until now...” she wasn’t able to respond. “But I saw how happy you are… with him…” I sighed. “And the irony… that guy… he really loves you… more than you love him. And because of that, he makes it hard for me to hate him. That .

 

 

Your POV

                “Calling all passengers, this is the last call for Flight 122, now boarding at Gate 14. I repeat, this is the last call,” I heard the PA clearly. “That’s my cue,” he told me. “Minhyun-ah… I’m sorry. For all the hurt I’ve given you. But also thank you… thank you for loving me… for returning… for keeping your promise…” I said everything I’m feeling and held his hands. Minhyun gave me the warmest smile. The smile he gave me the first time I saw him, when he offered his hand and asked me to be his friend. “Can Iyou do me a favor?” he asked me. “What is it?” she asked me immediately. “Promise, you won’t kill me. Don’t worry, even if you do this a hundred times, I’m sure you won’t change your mind,” he responded to me in confusing words. “Okay? What is—“ he cut me.

 

 

So, what did Minhyun asked of you??? Well, then let's see in the next chapter. For now, stick to your imagination. lol. :D Until my next posts... ^^