A different Minhyun

My Devil Mentor

 

Your POV

                “I’m taking you home, wait for me near the elevator,” Sehun said he wanted us to have dinner and I agreed. We turned off the lights and locked the door. “Ne, see you there then,” I said before heading to the washroom. It’s really bothersome. Silence, which used to be my greatest ally, is now something I want to get rid of. I remember him again, and the things he told me about yesterday. I haven’t seen him today, I’m not sure if I’m a little relieved because of that. I don’t know what to say to him either… I changed my clothes ready to see Sehun.

 

                “Are you already dismissed?” I froze upon hearing that voice. “Can we talk?” he walked near me. “Minhyun…” I said softly. It’s a little dim, so I can’t see him clearly. “Let’s talk, please…” I smell a scent of alcohol coming from him. “Few bottles. You see, it’s the last day of our shooting. *hic* the director asked for a little celebration. *hic* I don’t know how it’d end though, *hic* the storyline really ,” he smiled a little and I can tell he doesn’t really mean ‘few bottles’. “Hyunnie, where do you stay? I’ll ask Sehun to take you—“ I was silenced when he suddenly hugged me. “Hyun—“ I was silenced when he suddenly hugged me. “_____-ah, just this time. Please, can’t you at least forget him and look only at me?” the alcohol’s taken over him, yet there’s a touch of sadness in his voice. “Sehun’s waiting for me, can we talk tomorrow?” I regret how cold I sounded. It’s not really Sehun, or Minhyun… it’s me. I don’t want to reject Minhyun… he was the one who embraced me, who made me feel accepted when all the world rejected me. I just… can’t.

 

             “It’s okay… but I don’t think tomorrow will do,” he lowered his head. “Then the day after tomorrow?” I said through gritted teeth. “That wouldn’t either,” he finally raised his head. “Then how about the day after tomorrow?” I tried my best. “You don’t understand _____-ah, no other day can do after today…” he shook his head and gave me a soft smile. Before I could even say anything, he walked a little away from me. I’m so confused. *1 message received: Sehun* “Oh, and _____-ah…” he called me so I put my phone in my pocket. “I just want to say I’m happy… I didn’t really expect seeing you the first time I came here… don’t worry, I did my part, I don’t regret anything. Go, Sehun’s waiting for you. Don’t make him wait, he’s the most impatient man I've ever known; he’s not like me,” and from the slightest hint of light, I saw the eyes that contained hurt, and most specifically, sadness. It pierced through me. I cannot handle seeing him like this. But I have to act oblivious, this is better than giving him something like false hope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                I couldn’t sleep last night, and surprisingly it’s not Sehun’s fault. I told him I’m so tired so he just ordered through drive-through and we ate on our way to our house. Thus, I was given a longer time to sleep, but I ended up thinking about him. Yesterday, I saw a new side of Minhyun I’ve never seen before.  That was the first time he said no to me… am I too selfish? Am I taking him for granted all this time? I hate myself right now. I should have been with him, I should have listened to him even if it would hurt the both of us… he always did that for me, but I didn’t have the courage to do that to him. Whatever happens, I’m going to see Minhyun today. Clear things up for him, and tell him how much I’m so thankful for him. He was just drunk yesterday. You don’t understand _____-ah, no other day can do after today… he wasn’t serious with what he said right? Just like me, he needed time... I think...

 

                So I spent the night baking cookies. My dad always told me my cookies are the best, so I’m hoping Minhyun would think so too, and forgive me. I beautifully packed the cookies, and I also separately packed some for the whole exo. In addition, I wrote a short letter for Minhyun then taped it to the jar of cookies I intended to give to him. “Are those for me, my princess?” I almost dropped the jar when I saw my father. “Ommo! Appa!! You scared me!” I said, still recovering from the shock. “Why is my princess awake? Yah… is that for that Sehun?” he asked. “This…” I pointed at the other jar “…is for the whole EXO, including Sehun. This one I’m holding… is for Minhyun,” it almost sounded like a whisper when I uttered Minhyun’s name. “Minhyun… he’s okay,” dad commented. “I didn’t ask for your verdict dad,” I chuckled. “I thought you don’t want anyone for me dad,” I joked. “Well yes. That’s why I can’t find myself liking that Sehun,” he said playfully and I chuckled. “Then after you’re finished, go to sleep. And… I’m taking this,” he grabbed an extra cookie and ate it. “Waaa, this never gets old,” he added and I smiled.

 

 

 

Hiyee, my readers.. I'm sorry I didn't update yesterday. Out the house, the whole day... so, I'll be double-updating today. see you in the next chapter~ ^^