The Game

My Devil Mentor

Sehun’s POV

                “Sehun-ah, wake up now. It’s our last night here at the camp, let’s have dinner together,” Suho-hyung woke me up from my sleep. We didn’t have any activities left after the game so I decided to just sleep after lunch. Now, I’m joining dinner, sitting between Kai-hyung and Chanyeol-hyung…as usual. At the other end of the table, I caught a glimpse of ____-ah, sitting beside Jinhee and… Baekhyun-hyung again. Tsk. I just grabbed my plate ready to eat dinner when Kai-hyung stood up and sat beside Chanyeol-hyung. “Hyung, should we tell him already?” I heard Kai-hyung whisper to Chanyeol-hyung but his voice is too loud I don’t even know why he need to whisper. “Keep talking like I’m not here,” I said in a monotone so Kai-hyung received a light smack on the head from Chanyeol-hyung. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know I was too loud,” he apologized while caressing the back of his head while I’m just staring at them waiting for anything else. “Uhm… just eat your dinner first,” Chanyeol-hyung grinned and gestured for me to eat so I just nodded and ignored the both of them.

                After dinner, more than half of the people already went to their respective cottages. I drank the water in my glass and was ready to stand up when, “Sehun-ah, I need to tell you something,” Chanyeol-hyung said so I sat at my chair again. “What?” I asked in a monotone and I could see him hesitating. He grabbed my shoulder lightly but I immediately put them away. What the hell? Are you in love with me, hyung? “Aish, I can’t. You do it Kai!” Chanyeol-hyung stood up from his seat and placed his hand on his forehead, looking as if he has a really big problem. I can’t stand the wait so I stood up from my seat ready to really go back inside the cottage. “Baekhyun-hyung… he’s going to confess to her anytime tonight,” Kai-hyung broke the words Chanyeol-hyung couldn’t.

                I expected this! But why don’t I know what to say? Why am I still surprised? “Maknae…?” Kai brought me back to reality. “Ohh,” that’s the only thing that came out from my mouth as I turn back and returned to the cottage.

Chanyeol’s POV

                “Hyung, what should we do now?” I heard Kai ask me when he saw Sehun leave. “Let’s go back to the cottage,” I said so I walked my feet back to the cottage with Kai following me. After entering, I saw Sehun going out from the bathroom door and I think he’s headed to his room. I brisk walked to stop him. “What now?” he asked in an irritated tone. “What are you still doing here? Did you not hear what Kai just said?” I asked in an even irritated tone. “Every word,” he said it casually. “And you’re not doing anything?” I asked again. “I don’t want to meddle anymore,” he finally said ready to enter his room. And that made me really had my limit! “YAH! YOU PABO!! STOP LYING TO YOURSELF!!---“ “Hyung…/ Chanyeol-ah…” I heard Kai and Suho-hyung trying to pacify me but I can’t help this anymore so I just walked out. Of all people, those who kept on lying to themselves are the worst!!

Baekhyun’s POV

                After dinner I told _____-ah that I really need to talk to her. She said okay but first she needs to go to the bathroom and put on a warm compress on her sprained foot; I agreed and waited for her at the front porch of their cottage. After about 20 minutes, she was out with the help of Jinhee. “So, what is it that you want to say?” she asked me casually. I can’t tell her with Jinhee watching. “Uhm… I was actually planning to tell you in private, is it okay Jinhee if you can excuse us? I will just be the one to help her back,” I said and Jinhee nodded. She said goodbye to us and entered the cottage.

                “So…? Is it really that important?” she asked me again since I wasn’t able to say anything even after Jinhee left. I don’t know how. I’m so nervous. “Give me a minute,” I gestured her to wait before I turn my back on her and took a deep breath of oxygen. My system needs too much of it when I’m nervous, it makes me calm. I smiled and turned to look at her now. “I really don’t know what to say… so, I’m going to be straightforward about this okay?” I knelt down and looked at her. “B-b-baekhyun-o-o-oppa! W-why are y-y-you k-kneeling? Please, g-g-get up now,” she was stuttering and panicking at the same time. I will get up, of course, but before anything else… “I like you…” I finally said it! I didn’t wait for her reaction and immediately stood up and hug her. I’ve done it, I finally told her!

Sehun’s POV

                I couldn’t hide the shock I got from Chanyeol-hyung’s reaction. It was the first time I saw him that way. I was just about to close the door to my room when I saw Suho-hyung pushing it to let him enter. I just let him be. “I’ve had quite some sermons today, wanna add hyung?” I bluntly said but he just kept silent so I just sat on my bed.

                “You ever heard of love is a battlefield?” he asked out of the blue and he received a what-the-hell-are-you-saying-now expression. “Corny but true,” he continued and chuckled. “What are you trying to say?” I just wanted him to get straight to the point so I could finally rest my head… and heart. “You know Sehun, the way I see it, everything about this is a game. Every situation involving you and her is a different arena,” he’s starting with his riddles again but I just kept silent. “And you even have your opponent,” he added but I know what he’s saying. “You want me to play the game?” I asked also in riddles and he just nodded. “I’ll end up the loser,” I said while lowering my head. “I don’t know about everyone, but if I myself find someone whom I truly love, just like how you found ____-ah, I’d still battle in that arena…” he said seriously. “…even if I know I’ll get defeated,” he finished. “But why? It’s easier said than done,” I asked while trying to still absorb his words of wisdom.

                “Because I know I tried and didn’t give up. I know that when I look back, I won’t regret it because I've had a fight. And she knew my real feelings, and that’s all that matters… and that’s all that will ever matter, he answered my question.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

                ……….THAT’S IT!!! I’ve had enough regrets! I saw Suho-hyung was about to leave the room when I stood up and went past him. I kicked the door open and saw Kai-hyung and even Chanyeol-hyung on the sofa. They stood up immediately when they saw me. “So… Where do you think you’re going?” Chanyeol-hyung said while crossing his hands smiling widely with Kai-hyung. Never in my life did I take a risk when I know in the end that I’ll get defeated, but I’ll take this as an exception. She’s always making me break these rules I built for myself… I turned to look at Suho-hyung before I said,“Hyung, I’m joining the game…”

 

 

SOOOO~ How do you like this chapter?? Keep waiting for Sehun and Your MOMENT :))))))) bwahahahaha! I'm so happy right now. But I haven't written it yet, it's all stuck in my brain. Lol. XDDD Please Comment while waiting for my next chapters.. I love you guys! Keep supporting ^^ It's my Oldest brother's Birthday!!! I Love my brother really. So sad, he's leaving for another country soon. :( HELLO SKYPE! =p anyways~ see you in the next chapters... =)