Angst. Mirror.

EXO TRILOGY: Lay's Lover is a Runaway Heiress [PLEASE DO NOT TRANSLATE/PLAGIARIZE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N: Been wanting to update for the longest time, and finally, today hath come. I am free as a bird. Well, nah. I am updating because I am turning 18 soon. No. Not really. Not because of my birthday, but WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I am ready to update and bring Layjin. And Grandpa Zhang. Hehe. I actually have to study for my quiz and write a critique, but nah. Imma update. I missed everyone. I still welcome posters! @HimYoona07, thank you for the poster!]  BACKGROUND MUSIC IS REQUIRED. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhFOvJgxRvM

----

>>> YE JIN'S POV<<<

What just occured to me wasn't supposed to happen. Never in a million years did I think of Grandpa Zhang dying.

I grew up with him, and he's my only family.

"Just take me there. Please. Lay." I said to Lay who was gripping the steering wheel.

My eyes were starting to water. I found myself drying my eyes. 

I don't like hospitals.

Grandpa Zhang being confined there made me abhor hospitals.

"Aya Zhang, I don't want to see you crying. You don't want me stopping the car just to wipe your tears away. I could do that, and I want to, but we got to be there." Lay calmly said and clutched my hand.

I sighed aloud. 

"Stop the car." I demanded. Yixing responded promptly.

My heartbeat was going to explode in over a minute because of the anxiety.

In a swift move, I jumped to the driver's seat and pushed Lay away to the backseat.

"Aya, don't do such reckless actions. I'll drive!" He protested. I tossed my handbag to Lay.

"Be a good boyfriend and support me in my driving endeavor. Thank you so much. It's my grandpa here, so no ifs no buts." I said in a trance and just like my speech, the car trotted in a Heaven-knows-speed-rate.

All I could ever think of was Grandpa Zhang in the cold hospital room. I can't even swallow my own saliva with the thought of my grandfather dying and having a heart attack.

Lay was the one receiving my calls from the hospital. From time to time, he would give me a reassuring glance.

He was calmly answering and taking the calls.

"We are on our way to the hospital. Please do everything to save Mr. Zhang. If he will go into surgery, please may we request for a careful process." Lay kept on muttering through the phone.

On the other hand, I was panicking. I was never like this.

This isn't the life I wanted. Life without my grandfather is a worthless cycle of living, just like eating dried fish for dinner every single day.

I was crying as I pushed the gas pedals, never stepping on the brakes.

"Slow down, slow down, Aya. We're near. Stop crying." Lay would say and touch my hair from the backseat.

My steering wheel was damp from the sweat from my palms and tears from my eyes. 

Grandpa can't die. He can't. He shouldn't. This isn't his time.

Upon reaching the hospital, I jumped out of my car and let Lay park somewhere.

I was a running and crying mess as I located where my grandfather was. A nurse escorted me to an icy, deserted room which seemed to be miles away from civilization.

"You are not taking me to a morgue!" I yelled frantically.

"No, no. Ms. Zhang. Your grandpa will undergo a heart surgery. He is under anesthesia as of the moment. Please, you may wish to visit him in this room.

The nurse twisted the door knob open. My feet when cold as I witnessed my Grandpa whose lids were closed. His face stoned and colorless. His feet resembled a lifeless lotus flower.

He looked dead.

I stood motionless like an alarm clock with no batteries. Everything lost sense to me.

"Will he be alright?" I managed to ask. A tear dropped from my eye, and I did nothing.

The nurse took a while to answer.

"We will do everything we can to save his life." The nurse said. 

Suddenly, Yixing came into the room.

Obviosuly, the nurse-in-charge took an interest in Lay. He's famous.

"Uh, sir, do you mind, if you sign my arm?" The nurse asked with a flirtatious grin on her face.

Lay was speechless for a bit.

My fury raised all the way from the Kingdom of Hades.

She had the guts to ask for an autograph while my grandpa is battling with a sickness? fighting for his life?

I took a step towards her and breathed. 

"You will get a piece of me if you don't attend to my grandfather immediately." 

The nurse-in-charge was silenced, prompting her to push Grandpa Zhang's bed towards the operating room.

After she had left, Lay embraced me from behind.

"Everything will be alright." He whispered to me. I shrugged and removed his arms from me.

"I don't want you seeing my weak side." I replied to Lay. He shook his head.

"Everybody has. Why worry about it?" Lay asked me and gently my cheek.

I shrugged numbly and sat on a corner. 

>>>LAY'S POV<<<

To be completely honest, I felt worthless. I cannot do anything to make her feel better.

And when she's like that, my own feelings seem to imitate hers.

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter