03

Notes from the Heart

 

To Woohyun

Why am I not invited to your birthday party?

From Chorong

 

 

To Chorong

How did you knew I am having a birthday party?

From Woohyun

 

 

To Woohyun

I saw Sungyeol holding the invitation card. When I asked he said it was from you.

From Chorong

 

 

To Chorong

Oh.

From Woohyun

 

 

To Woohyun

Why am I not invited?!

From Chorong

 

 

To Chorong

I… just don’t want to.

From Woohyun

 

 

To Woohyun

Did I do something wrong and maked you mad?

From Chorong

 

 

To Chorong

No you did not.

From Woohyun

 

 

To Woohyun

Then whyyy?

From Chorong

 

 

//

 

 

Dear Mrs Park,

I’m sorry about Woohyun not inviting Chorong to his birthday party. Apparently, he is being teased by the boys in his football team for having a girl as his best friend. I tried to convince him that it’s nothing embarrassing but he wouldn’t change his mind. He’s at that age, I’m afraid. Nevertheless, I will make sure to speak to him again and give him a piece of my mind.

Please send my love to poor Chorong. She seemed so upset when I saw her just now. I hope I can make it up by taking her out to eat her favourite meal with us later.

 

Best wishes,
Woohyun’s mom

 

 

//

 

 

To Chorong

I’m sorry I did not invite you to my birthday party. It was not fun at all so don’t worry. My hyung and some of the boys were playing together but suddenly he and Sunggyu hyung got into a fight and they began pushing each other until my hyung accidentally hit Sungjong who later dropped his cake on his new shirt and began to cry. He said the shirt was expensieve. Umma had to say sorry to his umma when she came to collect him later. The house got dirtyed too. I’m never having a birthday party again. For your birthday next month let’s go to Dysneiland together. Just you and me. I saw it on TV and it looks super fun.

From Woohyun

PS since I’m a good boy I will buy you banana milk again later. And umma telled me to tell you that she wants to take you out to eat your favourite chiken feet. Is it okay?

 

 

To Woohyun

I’m sorry to hear your birthday party did not go well. It must be because you didn’t invite me. Your hyung is scary by the way he fights with everyone including me. Why is he your hyung? Your idea sounds fun. I don’t know what Dysneiland is but for my birthday next month let’s go there together. Just you and me. (But can I bring my teddy bear along?)

You know I never say no to chiken feet ^^

From Chorong

 

 

To Chorong

Dysneiland is where Mickey Mouse, Minney Mouse and their friends live. When we meet them let’s ask for their signatures. I heard people do that when they meet their favourite artiste (I think Mickey Mouse is an artiste since he appears on TV). You can bring your teddy bear along but if it’s too big and heavy I’m afraid Mr. Pilotman has to throw it out from his plane.

Someday all chikens in the world will lose their feet becos of you.

From Woohyun

 

 

To Woohyun

I love Mickey Mouse! When we go there let’s ask for their signatures. I will bring appa’s camera so we can take a picture with them. Is Dysneiland far? Do we need to ride plane? Cool! I never ride plane before. If Mr. Pilotman wants to throw my teddy bear out I will kick him in the stomach.

If that happens I will find something else to eat.

From Chorong

 

 

To Chorong

Dysneiland is far so we need to ride the plane. They say it is in Japan. Do you know where is Japan? You cannot kick Mr. Pilotman. If you kick him he cannot drive the plane and if he cannot drive the plane we cannot go to Dysneiland.

From Woohyun

 

 

To Woohyun

I never heard of Japan. Is it in Busan? My friend Eunji is from Busan and she said it is far from here. Okay I will not kick Mr. Pilotman.

From Chorong

 

 

To Chorong

I don’t think Japan is in Busan. I will ask teacher where is Japan later.

From Woohyun