chapter seven.

The Geek and The Jerk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBOp1A95wxw


Evening came, and you spent most of the day with Xiumin, while his friends were just following you two around. Then, you finally let your brother leave.
"Wait!" you called out as the 6 boys turned around. You looked through your bag and looked inside. You found the Starwrate Online game box. You held it out to Xiumin. "Happy birthday oppa!" you said, happily.
Xiumin smiled and took it. "Thank you, Jiji," he said.
You nodded and turned away. "Bye oppa! I have to go now!" you said and ran to Seyong's house.

Xiumin turned back to his friends. He looked at his friends. "You guys were quiet, today..." he said.
Tao pouted. "That's because you're--" Kris covered his mouth before he could continue.
"Y-you're awesome! And we'd thought you'd like some peace and quiet from us," Kris said and laughed nervously.
Xiumin chuckled. "Okay okay. But it's weird having you guys being all quiet. C'mon. Let's get some dinner," he said and walked down the streets with his 5 friends.


Sunday came. Luhan sat in his bed, with his laptop on his lap. He sighed. "Such a boring day..."
There was a knock on his door. "Luhan!" his mother called. "Your father would like to speak to you. Meet him in his office. I'll be going now! Lunch is in the oven. Oh, and Xiumin's father invited you to have dinner with him. Call him to confirm it!" she said and the sound of her steps down the hall faded away. The door slammed shut.
Luhan sighed and walked to his father's office. He quietly knocked on the door. "Come in," he heard his father's deep voice say. He quietly walked into the office and sat in the chair in front of his father's desk. His father sighed deeply and put down Luhan's report card. "Do you know why I called you here?"
Luhan blinked. "My grades?"
His father nodded, but sighed. "I'm.. Not happy about your grades," he said slowly and folded his hands together.
Luhan's eyebrows furrowed. "Why not? I'm getting good grades. I'm one of the people that made it into the Top 5 in the school," he said.
But his father frowned. "My point exactly. You said, 'one of the people that made it into the Top 5 in the school.' Not what I wanted to hear. I wanted to hear, 'the top student throughout the school and aced the exams.' Not what you just said." Luhan frowned. "I heard that you're tutoring Xiumin's sister? I suppose... Mr. Kim's daughter?"

Luhan nodded. "Yes."
"Stop trying to help people. And worry about yourself," his father said. "You may leave," he said.
Luhan sighed and walked out.


The doorbell rang. "I'LL GET IT!" you shouted. You ran towards the door and opened it. You blinked when you met Luhan. "What are you doing here? You're suppose to meet my dad at 6 PM... Or are you here for Xiumin oppa?" you asked.
Luhan's eyes furrowed. *Why is she suddenly nice?* "I'm here to ask you something," he suddenly said.
You blinked. "About what?"
He gestured to ask if he can come inside. You nodded and moved to the side that he could come in.

You both sat on the back porch. The maids had tea and freshly cut apples out on the small table in front of the both of you. You softly smiled. "So, what do you want to ask?"
Luhan did like the way you were talking to him. "Why are you suddenly nice? You're not... Mean like you are in school..." he asked.
You paused and innocently looked at him. "What?"
"Why are you suddenly so nice?" he asked coldly.
You cleared your throat and looked at him. "Why? I can't be nice?" you replied in a cold voice.
He sighed and shook his head. "Never mind. But I had  this question that I've been meaning to ask you last week. Why is your last name Jang, and Xiumin hyung's Kim?" he suddenly asked.
You became quiet. "It's none of your business," you said and looked away to avoid eye contact.

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Asking you is helpless," he said. "Another. Your dad hired me saying that you're doing a bad job in school. After testing you with those math problems that no one can seem to figure out, it seems like you can." He looked at you. "Reveal yourself. Stop acting like a dumb ," he said.
You looked at him. "What?" you hissed.
"It seems like you're smarter than people think you are. You figured out those problems with in 5 minutes. You're flunking school. But whenever I tutor you, it seems to me that you're not flunking accidentally," he said.
You glared at him. "Your point is?"
He looked at you and exhaled. "It seems like you're wanting attention from your father." You were silent.
You sighed. "Are you done asking? I have somewhere to go..." You stood up and walked away.
"So it's true," he said.
You paused and turned to him with a sad expression. "How'd you know?" you said.
He coolly shrugged. "I've been through all that," he said.

You looked at him. "What?" You shook your head. "Never mind. I don't want to talk about this anymore. Are you here to tutor me or are you here to just ask me stupid questions?" you asked, annoyed.
He stood up. "Okay then. Let's go study for the next 2 hours."
You turned to him and pouted. "2 HOURS?!" you whined. You were back to your normal self, but still, you felt sad.
He nodded and pushed you to your library. "Yes, now go go," he said.


An hour of studying has passed. You tried to read the text in your English textbook, but every time you looked at the words, your eyes would soon close. But Luhan would flick your forehead every time you'd fall asleep.
Xiumin walked inside with a paper bag. Luhan looked up. "Hyung, whatcha doing here?" he asked.
Xiumin held up the bag. "I have food for you two," he said.
"Food?" He looked at the clock and realized that it was already 3 PM. He had skipped lunch without knowing.
"Yep. So I got, fries for Jiji," Xiumin said and pulled out the french fries for you.
You came out of the sleepy bubble and happily took the fries from him, "YAY! Thank you oppa! I'm hungry!" You started eating any ways.
"And... A hamburger for Lulu. Your favorite," he said and gave Luhan the hamburger.
Luhan smiled and accepted it. "Thanks hyung. But you didn't have to," he said.

"Just eat. A reward for helping my sister out," he said. "I need to go. I'll see you guys later," he said and left.
You poked Luhan's food. "That's your favorite?" you asked.
Luhan waved your hand away. "Yes. Got a problem with that?"
You suddenly smiled. "If you like hamburgers... Then... I shall call you.. HANBURGER!" you said, cheerfully.
Luhan rolled his eyes. "What's with you and naming people after food? First Xiubao, now Hanburger?" He sighed and shook his head. "You must be one food-obsessed girl," he said.
You pouted and threw your pencil at him. He paused and looked at you. You stubbornly stuck your tongue at him. "That's what you get!"
He picked up the pencil and threw it back at you. "Well, that's what you get for throwing that at me," he said.
You glared at him and threw a paper ball at him. He exhaled and looked at you with cold eyes. "What was that for?" he asked.

"For throwing that pencil back at me," you said.
Suddenly, Luhan abruptly stood up. He towered over you, hands planted on the table. You gulped. Luhan reached back and grabbed paper and crushed it onto a paper ball. He suddenly threw it at you, smirking. You glared at him. "Oh, it's on," you said and got up as Luhan backed away, coolly.
"It's been on," he said, with a smirk and threw another paper ball at you.
You quickly took paper and crushed it into a paper ball and threw it at him, making it hit his face. He sighed and made a face. You pointed at him and laughed. And the next thing you knew, you were pinned down on the ground. "Eep!" you screamed and shut your eyes tight.
After not hearing anything else happening, you slowly opened your eyes and found Luhan on top of you. Your eyes widen. Luhan smirked. "That's to let you know, that you should never mess with me," he said and got off of you.

You sat up. Your heart was racing. You held on to your chest and could feel your heart beating fast. Luhan took his bag. "Well, I'm leaving," he said and left without another word.
Your heart was still beating fast. Your eyes were widen. *What just happened?*


OTLOTL Sorry for not updating for the last 2 days! D8 But I gave you guys a long update today! Hope you guys like it... But I found it a bit... Lame? D;
Yeah.. Omo... Almost 200 subbers. ouob I guess this is turning out better than I thought...